Surgery Planning Series: Is WINTER the best time for a Facelift? In this blog, we answer the frequently asked question, “what’s the best time for a Facelift, Neck lift or Eyelid Surgery?”
- Scheduling your Plastic Surgery procedure is one of the practical considerations for having cosmetic plastic surgery.
- It can leave some individuals in limbo about when to book their Surgery, despite really wanting to have the procedure(s) performed.
- There are numerous things to consider in planning your surgery date. In today’s blog, we help you consider the best TIMING for surgery to help rejuvenate your face, neck, eyelids – or to reshape your nose with Rhinoplasty procedures.
- You can also browse our top-ranked plastic surgery blog and our PDF Guides to help you plan the best time for your procedure.
Planning a Facelift, Neck lift or Eyelid Surgery: Scheduling and Waiting Times
Keep in mind that your Surgeon’s surgery theatre schedule is likely to fill up several months in advance. Although you could ask to be added to a surgery waiting list, it’s often a good idea to schedule your surgery as far in advance as you possibly can. This helps ensure you get the surgery date and the surgery time of year that suits your schedule – and your lifestyle – best.
So if you need a consultation, or have had a consultation and need to discuss surgery availability dates and times with your Specialist Plastic Surgeon, phone (03) 8849 1444 or phone your Patient Care Coordinator directly. Also, there’s a mandatory waiting period of 7 days before you can have surgery, and if you’re hoping to gain some rebates from your private health fund, that can take a bit of time to get your paperwork in order, and to check to see what your private health fund policy actually covers. (Most cosmetic surgery is NOT covered by Private Health Insurance, although corrective surgery for some conditions – such as eyelid ptosis that impedes your vision – may qualify for a Medicare code and health fund rebate. This is subject to sudden changes. Read our Health Insurance Hospital Coverage blog for details.
We are ready to help you get the plastic surgery theatre date you’re really wanting – but the further in advance you can plan, the better your scheduling options will be.
If you’re wanting to refresh your appearance with face surgery (a facelift, neck lift, eyelid surgery or chemical skin peel), you know you’ll need adequate recovery time as you heal. Winter can be an ideal surgery time for surgery of the face, eyelids, neck or nose.
Read more to find out why WINTER can be an ideal time for facial procedures including Facelift Surgery, Eyelid Lifts and Rhinoplasty.
More Information on:
Planning Surgery Around your Career, Lifestyle & Family Obligations
- You’ll likely be considering how to balance your surgery needs with your career and family obligations, including practicalities of leave time, pet care, parenting or caring for your ageing parents, other day to day activities.
- It’s not always easy to know how to best manage your normal obligations with your surgery preparation and recovery time.
- But fortunately, we speak to a lot of patients who have worked out the INS and OUTS of having plastic surgery – even with very busy lifestyles.
So if you’re struggling to book a surgery date, you can now request our new Guide “finding your ideal surgery date” for plastic surgery.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 to request a PDF copy so you can plan YOUR best time of year for your procedure.
You can also download our FACIAL REJUVENATION guide or other guides to surgery – visit our COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY GUIDES page.
So what is the best time of year for a Facelift, Neck lift or Eyelid lift?
- The answer will vary from person to person.
- The number one thing to make having plastic surgery a bit easier is being able to plan in advance.
- It’s also very helpful to arrange at-home support and adequate healing and resting time as you recover.
- Remember, too, that you’ll need to attend several follow-up appointments to check on your healing or have your sutures removed.
- Our HEALING & RECOVERY from Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Guides have helpful information.
That noted, different times of the year have PROS and CONS in terms of temperature, holidays, social obligations and family, education or career responsibilities. There are some real benefits to having surgery in winter, covered below.
Why are these plastic surgery procedures sometimes best to have performed in Winter?
Top 7 Reasons Winter May Be An Ideal Time To Have a Facelift, Neck lift or Eyelid Lift procedure.
- Winter is known for fewer social obligations – you’ll more readily be able to take time out of your social life to rest and recover.
- You’re less likely to sweat a lot – if you’re wearing bandages or healing fresh incision lines, sweating can be detrimental to healing. In winter, you’re less likely to become overheated or sweaty – meaning bandages will stay fresh and incision lines will stay dryer, reducing potential bacteria risks.
- You won’t mind not showering for a few days (in summer, not showering for a few days can leave you feeling very grotty).
- You can arrange your surgery during a slow period at the office or during a University break.
- It’s easier to stay out of the sun (sun exposure is NOT good for scar healing and can worsen the appearance of your incision lines)
- Support garments and compression bandages are far more comfortable when it’s not 40 degrees in the shade.
- If you aren’t wanting to be public about your face lift or necklift and eyelid surgery procedures, it can be easier to have them over winter. In the colder months in Melbourne, others are far less likely to ask you why you’ve gone off the radar for awhile – you can simply say you’re ‘hibernating’ and ‘staying warm indoors’ or are taking a reclusive winter ‘vacation’ or ‘staycation’.
If you want to learn more about our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Facelift, Neck lift or Eyelid Surgery meet Dr Douglas McManamny one of our Specialist Surgeons.
BOOK a Consultation Today at one of our convenient locations across Melbourne: Hawthorn East or Williamstown
BOOK a FREE 15-minute Phone Chat with our Patient Liaison Manager.
Read Related Blog:
Visit our Downloadable Guides pages
For more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.
Unsure about the Plastic Surgery and procedure best for you? Next step to planning your facelift, eyelid surgery or other facial rejuvenation surgery.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons located in Melbourne will be able to assess your desired goals and suggest the best options for your Facial Rejuvenation surgery.
Please contact a Patient Care Team at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men today to book your consultation.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide