Video of Eyelid Surgery Recovery and Blepharoplasty Scars After Surgery (Melbourne Case Study)
This blog contains excerpts and video links attained from one of the most popular YouTube Videos for Eyelid Surgery Recovery and Surgery Scars after Blepharoplasty (Plastic Surgery VIDEO DIARY). Originally published 12 Feb 2018, last updated 20 November 2018.
Article topic: YouTube Case Study and Patient Diary about eyelid surgery recovery, sutures, scars, initial fears and pain levels (discomfort) after having Upper Blepharoplasty in Melbourne (Australia)
Covered by: Australia’s social media influencer and cosmetic/beauty blogger, Amea May.
Frequently asked questions about having upper eyelid surgery include:
- Pain levels: “does having Blepharoplasty hurt?”
- Scars and Sutures: “is getting your stitches removed after surgery painful or uncomfortable?”
- Natural vs Surprised: “will the results look natural or will I look startled or surprised?”
- So in today’s blog, we are sharing experts and links from Amea May’s V-LOG of her eyelid experiences.
What’s it like AFTER having eyelid surgery? First 5 Days of Blepharoplasty Recovery (Case Study)
- These are from her Blepharoplasty VIDEO DIARY about eyelid surgery recovery, sutures and scars.
- Click on the patient’s video LINKS below to hear first-hand VLOG publications about her eyelid surgery recovery experiences.
Note that Amea is a social media Ambassador who aims to help others better understand what it’s really like to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure. She has published several V-LOGS of her eyelid surgery experiences (links are shown below).
Case Study Eyelid Surgery – Australia Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt FRANZCO/FACS
Indication for Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery:
- Amea May chose upper eyelid reduction surgery to REDUCE genetically heavy eyelids that caused irritation and skin infections.
- Heavy lids also lead her to appear tired and older than she actually was (she was in her twenties).
- Her ptotic eyelid skin led to heightened allergic responses when wearing certain eye area makeup, due to eyelid laxity/chaffing.
- Patient was in good health and followed Surgeon’s recommendations including Post-Op Rapid Recovery Package protocols.
Australia Blepharoplasty Surgeon Information
- Dr Benjamin Burt FRANZCO/FACS – BIO & QUALIFICATIONS
- Oculoplastic Surgeon – Dedicated practice to Eyelid and Brow rejuvenation (Upper Face Surgery).
- Amea May – social media / beauty blogger aged in her twenties.
- Regularly publishes informational videos and v-logs about Melbourne-based beauty treatments and facial injections and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NWQ4Zsu-1bDOJLHP_MBfA
Case Study Format: Video Diary (VLOG) about eyelid surgery and published excerpts.
- EXCERPTS from her EYELID SURGERY RECOVERY VIDEO follow.
- Resource links and further recommended reading on Blepharoplasty are included.
- Medicare and Eyelid Surgery MBS rebate link.
Note: Complex cosmetic surgery such as EYELID SURGERY is best performed by an expert Surgeon, such as Dr Benjamin BURT FRANZO/FACS, who understands the sensitive anatomy and functional impact of eyelid surgery on eyes, eyelids and vision.
About one of Australian’s top Beauty Blogger, Amea May, and her eyelid surgery experiences.
Before and After Photos – note the difference in eyelids after surgery.
Educational videos about recovery time from Blepharoplasty are avialable on Amea May’s YOUTUBE channel. Be sure to subscribe to her channel and to OUR CHANNEL for Plastic Surgery information updates.
The Back Story:
In Melbourne in 2016, one of Australia’s top Beauty Bloggers (a social media influencer) wanted eyelid surgery – but when she went to investigate the healing times, she found too little information on the web about RECOVERY from Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) and what was actually involved in the procedure. So she contacted us to find out more. She ended up choosing to have surgery with our Team’s leading Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, and she chronicled her experiences in her Youtube Diary.
Here are her YouTube channel VIDEO links in case you’re investigating Eyelid Surgery healing and recovery times.
My Eyelid Surgery Consultation | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 1
- The first step to having cosmetic surgery – of any type – is a consultation with a Surgeon.
- She chose Dr Benjamin Burt based on a personal recommendation from a friend as well as business colleague.
- She has since become an educator/Ambassador for Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing and for patient education about consultations.Click on each video link, below, to review these aspects of Amea May’s Blepharoplasty surgery in her informative educational VIDEOS about her cosmetic surgery journey.
- Eyelid lift surgery is not relegated to individuals over forty, whose eyelid skin is sagging or impeding vision.
- People in their 20s and 30s also explore their Eyelid Lift Surgery options (officially known as a Blepharoplasty) because they inherited puffy eyelids or sagging, drooping eyelid skin.
- Such was the case of a young Social Media influencer, Amea May, who created a patient education series on her experiences with having Eyelid Surgery (Eyelid lift/Blepharoplasty) with Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZO/FACS, a top eyelid surgery specialist for rejuvenation of the eyes and brow area.
My Eyelid Surgery 1st Weeks of Recovery | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 2 – by Beauty Blogger Amea May (YouTube Videos)
My Eyelid Surgery Stitches Come Out | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 3
My Eyelid Surgery 5 Month Check In | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 4
Watch more Videos by Beauty Blogger Amea May (YouTube Videos) – be sure you subscribe to her Channel and to our YouTube Channel.
We pride ourselves on helping patients understand what’s really involved with having a cosmetic surgery procedure. We take patient education about cosmetic surgery seriously; and we hope you do, too. This means we encourage patients to DO research (homework) – as well as to ask pertinent questions – to better understand procedures and recovery times.
Some important aspects of having ANY form of cosmetic surgery include understanding the surgery risks, healing times and recovery processes – as well as the different types of Surgeons who perform these complex procedures.
To be a well-informed cosmetic surgery patient – and to help with your plastic surgery research – we suggest:
- SENDING us an Enquiry to request further information (click on the ENQUIRY form, below)
- REQUESTING one of our FREE GUIDES to Cosmetic Surgery for the procedure you’re researching
- PHONING us to ask about the different TYPES of Surgeons who perform surgery (these are also covered in our Blog on What to Expect and in our Plastic Surgery Guides)
- ATTENDING one of our FREE information evening events
- CALLING us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask about booking an initial consultation (a first cosmetic surgery appointment) with one of our Facelift or Eyelid Surgery experts.
READ MORE about what happens during a consultation – find out more about what to expect during a First Cosmetic Surgery Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (article link). And if you’re nervous about your first appointment, click here to read that blog.
Please phone us on (03) 88491 444 to schedule a consultation OR request a PROCEDURE GUIDE (Free). You’re also very welcome to attend an event (free, held monthly) but be sure to verify WHICH Surgeon’s are presenting, as different Surgeons present at different Events.
More resources for eyelid surgery procedures and recovery tips
- Blepharoplasty is one of the top requested cosmetic procedures.
- Popular personal-story VIDEO diary’s of eyelid surgery recovery processes.
- Over 209,000 eyelid surgeries were performed in the USA alone, last year, and global statistics regularly rate it in the top 3-5 procedures across the world.
- Sometimes it’s for medical purposes (heavy lids impacting field of vision) and other times it’s cosmetic only.
- Click here to read about MEDICARE and EYELID Surgery rebates if you meet strict criteria.
Visit our Downloadable Guides pages
Download our free guides or phone (03) 8849 1444 today – and ask for a no-obligation consultation.