Here at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men, we pride ourselves on helping patients understand what’s really involved with having a cosmetic surgery procedure. We take patient education about cosmetic surgery seriously; and we hope you do, too. This means we encourage patients to DO research (homework) – as well as to ask pertinent questions – to better understand procedures and recovery times.
Some important aspects of having ANY form of cosmetic surgery include understanding the surgery risks, healing times and recovery processes – as well as the different types of Surgeons who perform these complex procedures.
- Don’t be shocked, but non-Specialists are NOT forbidden to perform these, even though they are not recognised by APHRA nor a member of FRACS or FACS. You’ll see stories of this on the news (and be sure to know the 7 key questions to ask your Surgeon before you consent to Cosmetic Surgery).
- So learn WHO’s Qualified in what, and who’s rated as a top Specialist, versus doctors who studied something OTHER than plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
To be a well-informed cosmetic surgery patient – and to help with your plastic surgery research – we suggest:
- SENDING us an Enquiry to request further information (click on the ENQUIRY form, below)
- REQUESTING one of our FREE GUIDES to Cosmetic Surgery for the procedure you’re researching
- PHONING us to ask about the different TYPES of Surgeons who perform surgery (these are also covered in our Blog on What to Expect and in our Plastic Surgery Guides)
- ATTENDING one of our FREE information evening events
- CALLING us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask about booking an initial consultation (a first cosmetic surgery appointment) with one of our Facelift or Eyelid Surgery experts.
READ MORE about what happens during a consultation – find out more about what to expect during a First Cosmetic Surgery Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (article link). And if you’re nervous about your first appointment, click here to read that blog.
Eyelid Surgery Videos on Youtube
The Blepharoplasty Experience & Healing Times Diary
Eyelid surgery is extremely popular. Even so, there isn’t an abundance of videos on YouTube about what actually occurs in terms of scars, healing times and recovery experiences. And frequent questions including “does it hurt to get eyelid stitches removed?” are often spoken from Surgeons, not from patients.
So a Beauty Blogger, Amea May of Australia, set out to set the record straight, by detailing her OWN experience with eyelid lift surgery in Melbourne.
Before we link you through to AMEA MAY’s VIDEO DIARIES of her Blepharoplasty experience, lets investigate Eyelid Surgery Statistics and Popularity.
Blepharoplasty is one of the top requested cosmetic procedures – over 209,000 eyelid surgeries were performed in the USA alone, last year.
But it’s still complex and is best performed by an expert Surgeon who understands the sensitive anatomy of the eyes, eyelids and vision functions.
- Eyelid lift surgery is not relegated to individuals over forty, whose eyelid skin is sagging or impeding vision.
- People in their 20s and 30s also explore their Eyelid Lift Surgery options (officially known as a Blepharoplasty) because they inherited puffy eyelids or sagging, drooping eyelid skin.
- Such was the case of a young Social Media influencer, Amea May, who created a patient education series on her experiences with having Eyelid Surgery (Eyelid lift/Blepharoplasty) with Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZO/FACS, a top eyelid surgery specialist for rejuvenation of the eyes and brow area.
About one of Australian’s top Beauty Blogger, Amea May, and her eyelid surgery experiences.
Educational videos about recovery time from Blepharoplasty are avialable on Amea May’s YOUTUBE channel. Be sure to subscribe to her channel and to OUR CHANNEL for Plastic Surgery information updates.
The Back Story: In Melbourne in 2016, one of Australia’s top Beauty Bloggers (a social media influencer) wanted eyelid surgery – but when she went to investigate the healing times, she found too little information on the web about RECOVERY from Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) and what was actually involved in the procedure. So she contacted us to find out more. She ended up choosing to have surgery with our Team’s leading Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, and she chronicled her experiences in her Youtube Diary.
Here are her YouTube channel VIDEO links in case you’re investigating Eyelid Surgery healing and recovery times.
My Eyelid Surgery Consultation | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 1
The first step to having cosmetic surgery – of any type – is a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon.
She chose Dr Benjamin Burt based on a personal recommendation from a friend as well as business colleague. She has since become an educator/Ambassador for Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing and for patient education about consultations.
Click on each video link, below, to review these aspects of Amea May’s Blepharoplasty surgery in her informative educational VIDEOS about her cosmetic surgery journey.
My Eyelid Surgery 1st Weeks of Recovery | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 2 – by Beauty Blogger Amea May (YouTube Videos)
My Eyelid Surgery Stitches Come Out | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 3
My Eyelid Surgery 5 Month Check In | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary – Part 4
There you have it – Beauty Blogger Amea May’s educational stories on her recovery and healing times from Eyelid Lift Surgery (Blepharoplasty) in Melbourne at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men.
Watch more Videos by Beauty Blogger Amea May (YouTube Videos) – be sure you subscribe to her Channel and to our YouTube Channel.
Please phone us on (03) 88491 444 to schedule a consultation OR request a PROCEDURE GUIDE (Free). You’re also very welcome to attend an event (free, held monthly) but be sure to verify WHICH Surgeon’s are presenting, as different Surgeons present at different Events.