Breast Augmentation size preferences can vary from region to region – as well as decade to decade. Patients are wise to avoid following Breast Augmentation trends, even though some plastic surgery procedures are prone to regional and cultural preferences that could be labelled trendy. Instead, our Plastic Surgeons will encourage you to focus on choosing what’s actually BEST SUITED to your personal preferences. Your choice and surgery results after breast implants, however, must also take into account what your starting with; including your normal breast tissues, nipple shape or location, your overall physique, height, weight, torso length, skin condition and lifestyle (to name a few). Read more about Dr Richard Sackelariou’s advice on choosing a Glamorous Looking Breast Augmentation option with a larger implant – and what types of bodies it does – and doesn’t – tend to suit best. Published in May 2018; republished in July 2018.
Very Large Breast Implants: Who they suit best – and who should avoid them.
How to select your breast implant size whilst limiting the risks of choosing a glamorous style breast augmentation using a very large implant of over 500 or 600 cc.
- Some individuals want a LOT of great amount of volume or projection increases after having a breast augmentation procedure.
- Others want a smaller implant and a more ‘natural’ looking breast augmentation result.
- Most women are somewhere in between, but both smaller implants and very large breast implants can look good on certain body types.
- The issue in selecting the larger or smaller breast implant is typically what you’re starting with, particularly with your skin condition in terms of whether or not it can accommodate the size, projection and weight of a larger implant without increasing certain complication risks.
So your skin health and elasticity is super important to consider if you’re going BIG with BREASTS.
If you are after a smaller implant or are a body builder or very thin, read this blog on breast implants for body builders, athletes and thin or petite women.
If, however, you are a larger person or a woman who wants a more noticeably voluminous enhancement of your breast size and cleavage projection, continue reading.
Want larger breasts and wondering which breast implant size will suit you?
Phone our team on (03) 8849 1444 and request a booking with Dr Richard Sackelariou, a premier Plastic Surgeon for the “glamorous looking” larger augmentation procedure.
He is a highly experienced, precision Surgeon with an excellent, caring bedside manner and open, down to earth communication style. He sees patients in Melbourne and in Sydney.
Wanting much larger breasts? Or do you already have good cleavage and breast volume, but want an increase?
If this is what you’re considering, you might be seeking what’s known as “the Very Glamorous Looking Breast Augmentation” procedure, which a term used to describe breast surgery that involves the use of the largest breast implant sizes available (typically over 500 to 600 cc).
Both Mentor or Motiva offer very large breast implant sizes for patients who want a lot of volume.
- Motiva and Mentor both have large implants for the larger breast enhancement procedure or reconstruction.
- But there are risks of choosing excessively large or heavy implants.
- Particularly if your skin or breast tissues aren’t capable of supporting that weight and volume.
But if you are a suitable candidate with good skin health, natural breast volume and good skin elasticity, this breast enhancement allows for the use of larger breast implant sizes.
- It aims to achieve a far more curvaceous upper body or greater projection and breast size.
- It can even provide upper-body balance and physique harmonisation for women with wider hips or larger buttocks or heavy thighs.
- Think about the breast size of Kim Kardashian, estimated to be 95 inches or 241 centimetres on a body frame of 5’3″; with her small waist and enviably ample hips, it really works for her body shape and gives her a stunningly feminine figure that many women seek to emulate.
But having large breasts won’t make you a celebrity.
Nor will it tend to change your life. It may, however, increase your confidence so long as you keep your expectations realistic AND if you simply have a bit of self-consciousness about having a less ample chest size. But it depends on numerous factors including whether or not having larger breasts will actually reduce your discomfort levels or size concerns, and help increase your sense of body esteem – or not. And NEVER have surgery to try to repair a relationship or please someone else. That’s a DEFINITE no-no.
So large implants MAY give you a great effect in terms of ‘breast glamour’ and ‘wow’ in swimwear or certain fashions.
But there are risks to very large prosthesis sizes.
But if you’re body and skin can’t handle the size of them, you’ll end up with potential sagging or bottoming out. That noted, on suitable patients, they can achieve a stunning aesthetic balance that others are very likely to notice – if that’s WHY you’re seeking breast augmentation.
Here’s our interview with Dr Sackelariou on WHAT the pros and cons of large breast implants ARE – and which patients are suitable for choosing them.
- Properly inserted, large breast implants can produce a noticeably voluptuous breast volume that may suit certain body types.
- The Motiva implant brand (and Mentor brands) may be particularly suited for these more noticeable augmentation procedures.
More on large breast implant sizes below, but for actual procedure information – click below to order PDF guide to breast augmentation procedures at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men in Hawthorn (Melbourne).
Download Our Breast Augmentation Guide (It’s very informative and best of all, it’s FREE to download).
Large Breasts using Augmentation Procedures: The Largest Implants Available
Recently our Blog Team interviewed Dr Richard Sackelariou, a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with expertise in Breast Augmentation procedures, to find out which patients benefit most from larger breast implant sizes.
We also asked him what the largest sized breast implants were that you could get in Australia, if a suitable patient. The answer is that the largest breast implant sizes range from 500 cc (considered large) to 775 cc (Motiva breast implant size range).
The Glamorous Looking Breast Augmentation: Are large breast implants right for you?
Seeking Glamour: The “bold breast, bold body” Breast Augmentation
You’ve heard about the mini boob job and the benefits of small vs large breast implants because:
- Small to moderate breast enlargement can look more natural on thin individuals and women who are less tall
- The heavier the breast implant, the more prone patients are to complications such as bottoming out or the waterfall effect
- Large breast implants can make women look heavier or ‘plump’ and might even interfere with certain exercise activities
But breast augmentation using larger breast implants of over 400 cc in size (ranging from 450 cc to 650 cc in size, or potentially even larger) DOES suit some patients.
Breast Augmentation: Large Implants for the Glamorous Look
Here’s who may benefit from larger sized breast implants during Breast Augmentation.
- Women who want to make a bold breast or bold body statement – they want glamour
- Women who are very body conscious and feels they need more upper body curves or cleavage
- Women who are generally curvy or who want to more upper body curvyness (allowing for a more”hourglass physique” where the breasts and hips project further than the waistline)
- Women who have a very slim waist, with large buttocks and/or a wide hip girth – they seek more balance on top
What age of patient tends to request bigger implants?
- Typically it’s women from the age of 18 to their early 30s
- It is often people who are still doing a lot of social interaction and/or dating
- It is a bit rarer in the late 30’s and 40s – and mostly as the skin may not hold a larger implant; plus, if they have children, they might feel self-conscious with a “bold-breast/bold body” type of Breast Augmentation.
- Sometimes it’s people working in dancing or hosting professions, who simply want to stand out a bit more from the crowd
Other Benefits to Larger Breast Implants through Augmentation Procedures
For the right body shape, the larger implant can make a provocative statement.
- Can look spectacular in that low cut, cleavage hugging gown
- Leaves some women feeling more glamourous or more sexually desirable
- Can draw more social attention as it’s a more noticeable result – it can looks spectacular in the right bikini, lingerie and other clothing items
Big Breast Prosthesis (Large Breast Implants) are NOT suitable for:
- Extreme body builders and very thin or low BMI patients
- People with very little body fat or very slim hips (will look unbalanced or top heavy)
- Very thin people or people with low body mass weight – exceptionally low BMI as it won’t cover the implant adequately.
- May also not be suitable for someone who’s had mastectomy (reconstructive) due to skin health or skin damage
Details of a Glamourous Augmentation using Large Breast Implants
- Size range: will vary according to the patient – the largest sizes range 350 cc / 400 cc to 600 cc
- Special techniques are used to minimise the higher risks of complications that come with larger implants, such as Bottoming Out or Breast Sagging (Ptosis)
- Placement: Under the Muscle is required for surgery using larger breast implants to prevent implant descent
The Type of Breast Implant is important also: it’s best to use nano-textured implants to help them remain in place under the muscle.
- MOTIVA implants are a bit more costly, but they can help stop breast augmentation results from bottoming out
- You can use Round, teardrop or ergonomic breast prosthesis.
- Skin health/skin elasticity and projection goals, and other factors impacting surgery results, are considered before choosing the size, type or style of implant.
Good candidates for larger implants during an Augmentation Procedure:
- Needing more upper body balance to harmonise a larger lower half (hip and buttocks)
- Normal to Slightly Elevated BMI -20 to 25 up to 30 (CM to check this)
- Good skin cover – The right amount of existing natural breast/glandular tissues, to help softens the look or cover the edges with larger implants as they take up more space in the chest area
- Good Skin Condition / Skin Elasticity and Strength (Collagen/Elasticity)
Can a Breast Lift be combined with a larger breast implant?
- People who’ve lost a lot of weight and have drooping, saggy skin with lost elasticity are typically not suitable for large implants OR may need implants with a breast lift.
- When doing a combined breast lift with augmentation using implants, you have to balance out both procedures and make adjustments – even compromises – on either the lifting or the implant size.
- A breast lift that looks good usually involves implants between 250 to 400.
- The bigger the implant size, the less breast lift you can achieve, as there is less skin available.
Find out more about the Glamourous Breast Augmentation procedure with quality implants by Motiva or Mentor.
Call (03) 8849 1444 and request an appointment with the Glamourous Breast Augmentation Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou.
Download Our Breast Lift Guide
Download Our Breast Augmentation Guide
More Information on:
Unsure about the Plastic Surgery and procedure best for you?
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons located in Melbourne will be able to assess your desired goals and suggest the best options for your Breast Augmentation surgery, including sizes of the Motiva or Mentor breast implants.
Please contact a Patient Care Team at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men today to book your consultation.