Sadly we farewell a top Melbourne Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Bruce Fox
Our team was saddened to learn of the passing of one of Melbourne’s favourite Cosmetic Surgeons and Liposuction experts, Dr Bruce Fox, earlier this year.
Vale Dr Bruce Fox – you will be greatly missed.
Dr Bruce Fox’s personality, his commitment to continuing education and patient care ethics, wit/humour and helpfulness to others in the cosmetic surgery industry will always be remembered. Our Team’s thoughts are with his family, associates and friends as they adjust to their loss.
From the team at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men.
We will deeply miss one of Melbourne’s most established Cosmetic Surgeons.
About the late Dr Bruce Fox.
As of late last year, Dr Fox had performed Cosmetic Surgery for Melbourne patients for over 27 years. He was considered a pioneer in laser procedures and evolving versions of rapid healing facial rejuvenation treatments, such as thread face lifts.
We feel he lived a meaningful life and helped many patients reach their goals.
Dr Fox had been a Member of the following Cosmetic and Facial Surgery Organisations
- Australian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Australian Medical Association – www.ama.com.au
Dr Fox’s qualifications and education had included:
- M.B.B.S – University of Adelaide
- F.R.A.C.G.P – Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners.
(One of the first Fellows of the R.A.C.G.P)
- F.F.A.R.A.C.S – Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthesia, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- He was also once a Consultant Anaesthetist (at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital/Austin Hospital/Mercy Maternity Hospital/St Vincent’s Hospital) and in private practice to Prof. Howard Eddey, Prof. Jerry Crock and Sir Edward (‘Weary’) Dunlop.)
- F.A.N.Z.C.A- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthestists
Admitted to A.N.Z.C.A at its inception.
- F.A.C.C.S* – Foundation Fellow of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery: Foundation Member of Council of the College
Member of the Board of Censors, Member of the Ethics Committee, Editor of the College Newsletter
Dr Fox had also served a frequent Guest Speaker or Panel Host at International conferences.
He had presented at, monitored and/or attended:
- A5M in Melbourne (Thread Lifting)
- ACCS (Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery)
- International Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- ACCS Conference in Adelaide – (re liposuction surgery)
Dr Fox was also a leader in Cosmetic Surgery Education and participated in education sessions in a number of Industry Related Workshops (snapshot below)
- Co-Hosted a Melbourne workshop on ‘Laser Lipolysis’ w Professor Nicola Zerbinati (Milan) – date: 2006.
- Assisted Dr Newton Moscoe, USA Plastic Surgeon, with Melbourne based Thread Lifting related workshops – date: 2007.
- Conducted several workshops in thread lifting techniques in Melbourne and Sydney.
- Trainer at workshops on liposuction surgery for ACCS
- Conducted demonstrations for individual practitioners including plastic and cosmetic surgeons over many years.
Dr Fox had also held several Executive Positions over the course of his long, successful career in Cosmetic Surgery, Liposuction Procedures, Thread Lifts & Laser Treatments.
Some of these positions included:
- Past President – Australian Society of Hair Transplant Surgeons
- Foundation Fellow and Councilor – ACCS
- Member – ACCS Council
- Member – ACCS Board of Censors
- Member – ACCS Ethics Committee
- Editor – ACCS Newsletter
Dr Bruce Fox’s specialty areas of surgery – Liposuction, Laser Treatments, Breast Augmentation, Transaxillary Breast Augmentation (armpit incisions for breast implant placement). In fact, he was trained by Tom Stephenson (an LA based Surgeon).
He was highly regarded for his surgery procedures and in particular, for his dedication to liposuction surgery including revisional liposuction procedures. He had even worked alongside three American pioneers in liposuction surgery, (Garry Fenno, Julius Newman and Richard Dolsky) and was one of the longest practicing practitioners of liposuction surgery in our country.
One of his speciality areas of focus was thread lifting for facial rejuvenation surgery.
- In fact, Dr Fox was one of three cosmetic surgeons to first introduce the Stitch Lift technique to Australia (circa 2003) after being trained by the person considered to be the world’s pioneer of the technique, a Capetown plastic surgeon by the name of Dr Des Fernandes.
- A few years later, Dr Fox became the first Australian doctor trained in the use of Contour Threads, after having studied with Prof Greg Ruff. He then went on to train other Australian surgeons in using Contour Thread ‘facelift’ methods.
- He then developed his proprietary methods of thread lifting based on the original techniques of Dr Des Fernandes.
He was also highly skilled in Laser Skin Resurfacing and Laser Blepharoplasty
- Dr Fox trained in evolving laser skin resurfacing techniques with Larry David, a top dermatologist that was based in Los Angeles, a pioneer in laser procedures.
- He also trained in Laser Blepharoplasty by Sterling Baker, an oculoplastic surgeon from Oklahoma, who is considered one of the world’s pionerers.