Laser Treatments: Vaginal Skin Tightening and Effective Treatments for Painful Sex
MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments (Melbourne)
New light-based vaginal laser treatments are available for treating different types of vaginal discomfort. This includes conditions of dryness, vaginal or labia skin atrophy, skin laxity and painful sex (dyspareunia). For more information about the Vaginal Laser Procedure method, click here (MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser procedure details).
Can Vaginal Laser treatments improve vaginal skin tightness, painful sex, dryness vs lubrication?
For selected patients, vaginal laser treatments DO offer improvements in skin laxity, lubrication (reducing dryness) and alleviating discomfort or pain during sex caused by various vaginal skin laxity, dryness or sensitivity concerns.
Mild stress urinary incontinence may also be improved by a series of MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatments for the vaginal area, and labia skin slightly firmed or tightened in the minor labia area if the laser treatment includes this area (ask our Melbourne female GP for details to discuss what areas ‘down under’ you want treated with the innovative Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatment options).
Vaginal Symptoms are very common – but laser treatments may be able to help.
Post-Pregnancy and Post-Menopausal Complaints about LAX skin around vaginal canal or labia area
Complaints about vaginal canal tissues or labia skin are common in women who have given birth, are approaching menopause OR who have already stopped menstruating.
So if YOU are suffering from common yet uncomfortable vaginal symptoms after pregnancy, menopause or radiation cancer treatments, including vaginal or labial skin laxity, dryness of the vaginal area and/or painful sex, our high-tech MonaLisa Touch Vaginal laser treatments MAY be of help.
Note that if you’re a GOOD CANDIDATE for vaginal laser treatments, you’ll need a series of treatments over several months, plus maintenance treatments to sustain results (3 to 5 to start with, then 1 to 2 each year, depending on how you respond to CO2 laser based vaginal skin treatments).
Find out the 7 Ways Vaginal Laser Treatments can potentially improve your Sex Life in our top-rated Plastic Surgery blogs!
Is it effective? Research continues.
- Many case studies and our own patient results indicate that, with the RIGHT laser technology, vaginal laser treatments CAN help common skin concerns or vaginal or labia laxity and dryness.
- Remember, however, that efficacy of lasers for vaginal rejuvenation is still being studied.
- Plus, NOT ALL lasers are alike. Not all lasers work and some cheaper models used in smaller clinics may be less effective than a reputable brand.
- Here at our clinics, we have chosen the MonaLisa Touch CO2 laser system after conducting our own research.
- We also reviewed numerous case studies about its effectiveness and asked our Patients to report on their experiences.
- Our Doctors and Surgeons are confident that – for the right candidates – vaginal laser treatment options can be very helpful.
- That noted, patients are best off when they understand that all invasive treatments carry risks, and laser treatments are no exception. While generally WELL TOLERATED by most patients, ask about the risks.
- Plus, the procedure MAY NOT help every patient in precisely the same way (so DO expect variability in your results).
- There are several PROS and CONS to trying laser treatments for vaginal laxity or skin dryness that our female GP is happy to review with you as you explore whether or not vaginal laser treatments is going to be your best option for painful sex, vaginal dryness or skin laxity after giving birth.
- Find out more!
Phone us on 0388491444 to meet with Dr Tina Purdon for a confidential consultation and assessment about how vaginal laser treatments – or other high-tech light therapies – can HELP YOU with, as an alternative to HRT creams or other methods.
Laser Vaginal Laser – Tightening and Moisture Revitalisation with MonaLisa Touch
Potential BENEFITS of Lasers for Vaginal Rejuvenation including assisting with firmness (Re-Tightening/Firming) of Vaginal Canal Tissues AND lubrication vs dryness
MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatments use one of the most popular, well-tolerated lasers in Australia. These treatments, performed properly by a female GP, may prove helpful to:
- reduce painful sex
- improve lubrication
- re-stimulate normal skin functions
- restore sensitivity
- reduce some versions of MILD urinary incontinence
An effective vaginal laser treatment series essentially works by:
- reducing discomfort caused by thin, dry skin and
- reducing discomfort due to a lack of adequate lubrication
- smoothing or tightening the skin texture (adding thickness to tissues via CO2 laser technology)
- improving comfort OR confidence
This is why vaginal lasers are said to have a vaginal rejuvenation effect. It’s because lasers MAY restore a degree of tissue strength and natural lubrication functions to the vaginal canal during arousal. This in turn can improve a woman’s sex life (although results can vary from person to person and there’s no guarantee). Also, if you’re not aroused, the effects may be limited and some sexual concerns or discomfort during sex are more complex in nature than simply vaginal tissue strength or tightness, continence confidence and lubrication.
But for many women, the benefits of this affordable, non-surgical, low-downtime and quick-to-undertake procedure are well worth exploring. Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask for a consultation time with one of Melbourne’s most caring, gentle and easy to talk to female General Practitioner, Dr Tina Purdon, at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn East.
Alternatives to Hormone Replacement Therapy Creams for Vaginal Dryness: the Laser method
Hate using HRT creams and other suppositories to restore moisture to the vaginal canal?
Maybe Mona Lisa Vaginal Laser Treatments may help.
- Some women are able to stop using vaginal creams and vaginal hormonal pessary products because their vaginal laser treatment series was so effective.
- Check with your GP or prescribing physician before you discontinue recommended products for vaginal health.
- A consultation is a must to find out what vaginal laser treatments might be able to help you with, so book in today to get started. Results can take 2 to 3 treatments plus recovery periods and waiting times to show full effects, because skin renewal and rejuvenation cycles do not offer instant results.
- That noted, some women see improvements even after their first laser treatment (but typically you’ll notice these after the second treatment or third, and for some months afterwards the improvements may continue).
- Maintenance treatments may be required; ask for details and costs.
Allow 3 to 5 months to experience and assess the full results of this treatment.
Disclaimer: Note that RESULTS can vary and studies about efficacy, patient selection and laser risks are ongoing. Have a detailed discussion with your female health GP or phone to schedule an appointment with Dr Tina Purdon, a female health GP with a focus on helping women with skin texture and vaginal health.
Clients who participated in case study evaluations of MonaLisa Touch treatments (a series of 3 or more over several months) have stated they found the treatment effective for several vaginal related concerns, in particular helping with vaginal area dryness, labia or vaginal canal laxity or loose skin, texture and mild urinary incontinence improvements.
The laser is also excellent for DOT THERAPY (refining the skin on the face), using different laser settings AND an entirely different laser application/light delivery device (handpiece).
Dr Tina Purdon, female GP, is shown above with the MONA LISA Laser Delivery System for vaginal laser treatments.
Best results from Vaginal Laser treatments using MonaLisa Touch technology often require 3 sessions spaced a month apart; with occasional maintenance treatments.’
Be sure you understand the RISKS, as well as potential BENEFITS, before proceeding and recognise that ALL patients are different.
Information from the Supplier of MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Equipment in Australia (excerpt):
- MonaLisa Touch is an ideal treatment for patients suffering from Vulvovaginal Atrophy (VVA), also referred to as Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM).
- Symptoms of GSM include: vaginal dryness, vulvar dryness, vaginal itching, painful intercourse (dyspareunia) and painful urination (dysuria).
The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser or Vaginal Skin Tightening Procedure involves three short treatments at approximately 5-6 week intervals.
Cost of Mona Lisa Treatments in Melbourne – at our Clinic, you can get a package of Vaginal Laser Treatments from a female GP for $1500 – a huge savings over normal average costs of vaginal laser treatments.
Clients report positive laser treatment effects for vaginal related concerns after pregnancy and menopause.
There is minimal downtime, minimal side effects and no anesthesia. Symptom relief for some women is possible after only ONE treatment; but you’ll need a series of 3 treatments for best results (and some women many need more). Annual follow up treatments are recommended once a year or at a minimum, every 2 years, although this can vary from patient to patient.
If you are a suitable candidate for treatment, each of the three initial treatments will take approx. 10 to 20 minutes (it can vary from 5 to 25 minutes not including your assessment or medical history updates).
ORGANISE A FREE 15 MINUTE PHONE CONSULTATION* TO LEARN MORE about Vaginal Laser Treatments from a Female GP, Dr Tina Purdon.
Or send a Confidential Enquiry form today to request a discussion about MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatments and whether these treatments may be suitable for your specific vaginal revitalisation or bladder leakage concerns.
Do you suffer urinary stress incontinence or bladder leakage problems? Perhaps Vaginal Laser Treatments Can Help.
You might want to consider Mona Lisa Touch treatments using vaginal laser therapy if you answer YES to several of these questions:
- Difficulty controlling your bladder?
- Do you suffer from Mild Stress Urinary Incontinence (leakage when coughing, sneezing lifting or exercising)?
- Do you get very urgent sensations of a “need to pee” (known as “urge incontinence“)?
- Types of Incontinence (Harvard Health article)
- Frequent night time urination?
- Light Bladder Leakage?
- Recurring Urinary Tract Infections or Thrush?
Have you lost interest in sex (low libido), for example:
- Loss of libido (sexual desire) after childbirth or menopause ?
- Reduced or non-existent sexual satisfaction?
- Dryness or mild incontinence leading to less comfort during sexual intimacy?
Do you avoid sex or intimacy due to:
- Pain during sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia)?
- A stretched or loose Vagina after childbirth?
Do you have to use vaginal moisturisers or other creams and expensive lubricants because of:
- Vaginal atrophy due to ageing or collagen loss of the vaginal skin?
- Loss of vaginal elasticity or vaginal shortening?
- Vaginal dryness with burning and itching?
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
- Other vaginal problems?
Have concerns about your vaginal canal laxity, vaginal skin dryness or urinary incontinence caused you:
- Inconvenience, embarrassment or pain?
- Loss of self confidence or femininity?
- Loss of interest in your Sex Life?
- Less intimacy in your Relationships?
- To miss your normal life before menopause or pregnancy?
- To look for an alternative to HRT vaginal creams and lubes?
Revolutionary vaginal rejuvenation treatment.
Laser vaginal tightening and skin treatments using MonaLisa Touch fractional CO2 laser technology for stimulating rejuvenation processes of the vaginal canal and inner labia.
- The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatment is a revolutionary, non-surgical, “walk in, walk out” 20 minute treatment (average treatment times vary from 5 to 25 minutes after a consultation/update)
- It helps with vaginal revitalisation, vaginal tightening and loss of elasticity.
- The treatment itself is not uncomfortable, has low risk for suitable healthy patients and requires very little, if any, downtime.
- It is suitable for most women and offers an alternative to suffering in silence or for some women, regular use of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) creams.
- It has an effect on skin revitalisation or rejuvenation, by improving the skin’s elasticity and collagen levels as well as moisture levels, by stimulating renewal of the processes that wane with age (at the cellular level).
The Vaginal Laser Treatment in Melbourne:
Why some GP’s recommend this treatment for women suffering from painful sex or other vagina area concerns after pregnancy.
Benefits of MonaLisa Touch Treatment (Australia)
In numerous case studies and surveys about Laser treatments for the vaginal canal, such as MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser, Patients have reported:
- Feeling like a “woman” again
- Feeling much more feminine – just like before menopause
- An improved rejuvenated vagina – tighter and more lubricated
- Better sex, increased libido and more regular intimacy
- Improved relationships and marital harmony
- Reduced urge to urinate when stressed or rushed
- Less need to visit the toilet to pee – especially at night
- Less Urinary infections and thrush
- Less need to use HRT creams
Our Doctors and female GP have found the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment protocols to be effective for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation.
Our Plastic Surgeons and female GP may recommend this treatment for women with a range of common post-childbirth, pre and post-menopausal gynaecological issues that concern them and/or impact their sex life after having children.
- Sometimes called “women’s troubles” or “female problems,” vaginal concerns are very common, especially after giving birth.
- These concerns may include vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy or laxity, urge incontinence or mild urinary stress incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia) and recurring urinary tract infections.
What are the MonaLisa Touch laser treatment benefits?
MonaLisa Touch may improve dryness, laxity and even vaginal itchiness.
Results may vary from patient to patient.
Numerous patients treated with the MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser at our clinic and in clinical research studies have reported improvements in sexual relations and better orgasms and lubrication as a result of improved vaginal skin firmness, skin thickness/tightness or increased natural vaginal lubrication rather than HRT creams and other lubricants.
Results may vary, but specific benefits of a vaginal laser treatment series of 3 treatments approximately 4-6 weeks apart may include:
- increased tissue quality and elasticity
- increased blood flow to the vagina
- tightening of the vaginal canal
- skin rejuvenation of ageing, damaged, dry and or irritated vaginal area tissues
- potential assistance in normalising the pH of the vagina
- potential reduction in recurrent vaginal infections for many women
- restoration of a more ‘normal’ or revitalised vaginal environment
- improved tissue quality which also helps increase natural skin lubrication to promote more comfortable sexual intercourse
In suitable patients, the MonaLisa can effectively treat stress/urge incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), vaginal atrophy, recurrent infections and itchiness, burning and/or dryness associated with menopause. It does not replace hormone replacement therapies or surgically installed mechanical supports for all women, but where appropriate offers a new less invasive and highly effective vaginal rejuvenation option.
How does the MonaLisa Touch Laser (Vagina Tightening and Rejuvenation) work? By creating very small channels (dots) using light technology to stimulate cellular regeneration and tissue strengthening processes during the healing phase.
- MonaLisa Touch uses a non-surgical fractional laser system, very similar to the laser treatments that have long been available for facial rejuvenation.
- The laser works by optically splitting a laser beam into a series of very small dots.
- These dots of beam are aimed at the inside wall of the vagina or vaginal canal. The laser pulses for less than a tenth-of-a-second, during which the intensity of the laser is carefully varied by a computer to match the characteristics of the existing vaginal wall.
- At the point of contact, the laser dot removes a tiny area of tissue.
- This creates a pinhole around the same size as the diameter of a human hair (minuscule). The pinhole stimulates the body to repair itself, which stimulates cells to create new, healthy tissue at the site of the dot and flesh immediately surrounding it.
- The laser also works to heat the area between dots, stimulating the activity of specialised cells that create elastin and collagen – the building blocks of healthy tissue.
This process involves the same concepts as many facial rejuvenation procedures in terms of skin healing and collagen stimulation.
Results of MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments
Vagina surgery with MonaLisa leaves rejuvenated, elastic healthy tissue with minimal disruption. Improved blood flow and tissue tone reduces pain, improves sexual and urinary function and may increase sexual gratification.
Will MonaLisa Touch work for you – are you suitable to be recommended by our Plastic Surgeons for Vaginal Laser Treatments?
- It is important to understand that not all women are suitable for the MonaLisa Touch.
- Each patient must have a medical consultation to discuss and determine their suitability prior to undergoing treatment.
- For your comfort, we offer a female GP for Vaginal Laser treatments using MonaLisa Touch.
- Your Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon can also recommend you to our GP for treatment after having a body contouring procedure or breast surgery after pregnancy, as many women who are post-partum have concerns about other areas of their bodies and vaginal health.
- Or, if you want facial rejuvenation, request a consultation with a Dermal Clinician.
Patients suffering from significant prolapse (Grade 2 or above) may not be suitable as MonaLisa Touch is an ablative laser treatment.
Please call (03) 8849 1400 to contact us if you have any specific questions around our vagina rejuvenation treatment.
MonaLisa Touch is not recommended for patients suffering from Lichen Sclerosis.
Although the MonaLisa Touch can offer similar results to hormone replacement therapy, some patients may still need to seek further treatment, surgery or medication to alleviate their symptoms.
Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men’s affiliated Skin Care & Anti-Ageing clinic was one of the first plastic surgery practices in Australia to have a MonaLisa Touch Laser.
Our Clinic Case Studies reveal positive results for common vaginal complaints.
A patient trial of more than 60 women has demonstrated remarkable results – some described as “life-changing” – please ask to see some relevant results of the trial at your appointment with us.
Preparation for your MonaLisa Touch Treatment
All patients must meet with their practitioner for a Consultation prior to getting MonaLisa treatments. Prior to undergoing your MonaLisa treatment, you will need to have had a PAP smear and examination in the last 12 months showing no abnormalities. Please call or contact us if you have any questions about organising your pre-treatment PAP smear.
Who performs the treatment?
We have a caring, gentle, highly experienced and knowledgeable Melbourne female G.P. available to perform your MonaLisa Touch laser treatments; her name is Dr Tina Purdon and she works at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing in Hawthorn East.
Other Treatments for Mums and Post-Menopausal Women
Our Mummy Makeover Surgery experts include:
Dr Richard Sackelariou – breast augmentation surgery, breast lifts, and facial rejuvenation in Melbourne and Sydney – plus Tummy Tuck surgery (Sydney), also an expert in Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty in Melbourne and Sydney
Dr Richard Maxwell – expert in body contouring procedures after pregnancy and weight loss as well as facial rejuvenation procedures (currently on Leave)
General practitioners at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing who operate the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser system have extensive experience in women’s health. They have also received thorough and specialised training in the MonaLisa Touch intra-vaginal laser system.
Results can vary, however, from patient to patient.
How long does vaginal treatment for incontinence, dryness or vaginal tightening take?
The treatment itself USUALLY takes no longer than 15 minutes (the range is 5 to 25 minutes for most sessions but can vary somewhat).
This does not include your first consultation to take your initial medical history (typically at least 45 minutes long), so you must first have a consultation with your GP first (ask for Dr Tina Purdon). Phone (03) 8849 1444.
- Results from a vaginal laser are often seen in a short period of time, sometimes after the first and second treatment.
- But optimal noticeable results usually occur after a series of evenly-spaced treatments (at least 3 are typically needed for optimal results).
- You need to allow time for the effects of the laser to reveal themselves as the skin rejuvenation takes effect after your treatment session, and this can take a few weeks to a few months.
SO you must be patient and fulfill the recommended series of vaginal laser treatments to have the most noticeable benefits of laser vaginal rejuvenation or skin tightening.
Procedure details for vaginal laser treatments for vaginal concerns – The Mona Lisa Touch Practitioners in Melbourne
Dr Tina Purdon is Melbourne’s Mona Lisa Touch Practitioner at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn East in Melbourne.
First step: Consultation.
Second step: Swab and dry the vaginal canal.
- At the start of your treatment(s), a swab will be inserted into your vagina to dry out the inside as much as possible prior to the insertion of the laser.
- Drying out the skin prior to vaginal laser treatments is usually the slightly uncomfortable part of the procedure; and most patients report little discomfort during the treatment session.
- The laser probe is then inserted into the vagina.
Third Step: Insertion of the Laser and Treatment Protocols (the laser is turned as it is withdrawn out of the vaginal canal by your female GP).
- You will feel a relatively low grade vibration inside the vaginal canal which is virtually painless for most women.
- This process lasts for around 5 minutes (MINIMUM) depending on your comfort levels.
- The probe is then gently removed.
- If you want the labia skin rejuvenated or mildly tightened using CO2 laser therapy, request this as part of the procedure.
- Your treatment is complete and you will require three treatments about six weeks apart, and then one treatment annually as maintenance, or as required if you experience recurring symptoms that benefit from MonaLisa Touch treatment.
Downtime – how long will I take to recover after having a vaginal laser treatment?
- As the MonaLisa Touch treatment is fairly comfortable and well tolerated for most patients; many report it is painless as the vaginal canal is structured in a way with limited nerve impacts.
- You can usually return to most of your normal daily activities following your Treatments.
- However, strenuous exercise and very hot baths are not advised. You must also refrain from vaginal intercourse for 5 days after treatment in order to allow the vaginal canal surface to heal properly.
How many treatments are required with a vaginal laser before I see results?
Patient trials here and overseas have concluded that the best results (in most cases) are generally achieved from three MonaLisa treatments over 8 to 12 weeks.
- Most patients see a significant improvement after their first treatment
- Patients are encouraged to continue with the subsequent MonaLisa sessions as this ensures the most effective, longer-lasting results
- Results of MonaLisa Touch treatments are generally excellent
- Some patients have described the treatment as life-changing
- The extent of improvement varies between individual patients.
How long do MonaLisa Touch treatment results last?
It can vary from patient to patient and may depend on your health, other factors, and the treatments you’ve had.
- Many of the symptoms treated by the MonaLisa Touch are associated with low hormone levels brought on by menopause.
- A continued lack of oestrogen production can lead to some symptoms returning down the track.
- Under the advice of our doctors, patients can have repeated vaginal rejuvenation treatments if their symptoms return.
- Also, some medications cause urinary incontinence and may limit the effectiveness of a laser treatment.
- Ask your Doctor for treatment plan recommendations for Mona Lisa Vaginal Laser therapy.
Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to schedule a consultation to see if Vaginal Laser treatments might work for your concerns.
How much does MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment cost?
MonaLisa Touch is not currently covered by either Medicare or most Insurance.
Pricing will depend on the number of sessions recommended in your treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be catered to your clinical needs after a GP consultation and exam.
- It is advised that patients adhere to their suggested treatment plan even if they are satisfied with the improvement after the first treatment.
- Repeated treatment at specified intervals allows longer lasting improvement.
- Women interested in treatment are encouraged to contact Cosmetic Surgery For Women and Men to receive an accurate price guide and further information.
A standard MonaLisa Laser treatment plan consists of a preliminary medical consultation and initial three to four sessions over 8 to 16 weeks plus a “booster treatment” around 12 months.
- A MonaLisa Touch Consultation, assessment and exam costs $150 – We then offer treatment packages of THREE treatments, which you can pay for individually or as a package.
- Affordable: A series of 3 Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments costs around $1500.
- You can also ask about paying for treatments as you go.
- We accept cash, bank transfers or credit cards for payment for the costs of Vaginal Laser treatments.
- These treatments are performed by the Skin Care Clinic in our Hawthorn East location, Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing, which is a separate entity but affiliated with some of Melbourne’s top Plastic Surgeons at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men in Melbourne.
Please call or contact us to find out how MonaLisa Touch Laser can help YOU with common symptoms of bladder leakage, urinary stress incontinence, dryness, atrophy, laxity or painful sexual intercourse.
Learn more – Your next steps to Vaginal Tightening and Skin Revitalisation
The MonaLisa Touch treatments are currently available at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men, Victoria (Melbourne, Australia).
If you want to learn more about the treatment, please contact us or call us at (03) 8849 1400
You can schedule a consultation with one of our Female Medical Specialists:
- Dr Tina Purdon – Women’s Health GP and Cosmetic Doctor
ORGANISE A FREE 15 minute PHONE CONSULTATION* with our Doctor to find out whether the MonaLisa Touch treatment can help you (send an enquiry form)
How to organise a FREE 15 minute phone consultation or book your Initial Consultation to discuss MonaLisa Touch*
- Email us using an enquiry form or call (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your Consultation or FREE phone consultation
- You do NOT need a GP Referral
This site is for VICTORIAN patients (Australia).
If you are outside of Victoria, please visit www.monalisatouch.com.au for your local Clinics.
If you are outside of Australia, please visit www.smilemonalisa.com for your local Clinics.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400.