Vaginal Laser Treatments: Effective Treatments for Painful Sex
MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments (Melbourne) can reduce dryness and combat atrophy. Vaginal lasers also work to provide skin tightening and lubrication improvements, which helps reduce uncomfortable intercourse or painful sex.
- New light-based vaginal laser treatments are available
- Vaginal Lasers can help treat different causes of vaginal discomfort or painful sex
- Examples include treating dryness, vaginal or labia skin atrophy, skin laxity and related contributors to the condition of dyspareunia
- For more information about the Vaginal Laser Procedure method, click here (MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser procedure details).
Do Vaginal Laser treatments work for skin tightness, painful sex, dryness vs lubrication?
- For selected patients, vaginal laser treatments using Mona Lisa Touch DO offer improvements in skin laxity, lubrication (reducing dryness) and alleviating discomfort or pain during sex caused by various vaginal skin laxity, dryness or sensitivity concerns
- NOT all lasers are the same in quality and results, however, so we recommend the Mona Lisa Touch vaginal laser treatments as these have better data about scientifically investigated benefits vs other types of lasers used on the vaginal or labia area
- Mild stress urinary incontinence may also be improved by a series of MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatments for the vaginal area
Are vaginal lasers good for LABIA skin tightening or reduction?
For some patients, labia skin laxity or dimensions are a concern. With a series of specific laser treatments, Labia skin may also be slightly firmed or “tightened” in the minor labia area when the treatment specifically includes this technique (be sure you ask our Melbourne female GP for details to discuss what areas ‘down under’ you want treated with the innovative Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatment options).
Vaginal Symptoms are very common – but laser treatments may be able to help.
Post-Pregnancy and Post-Menopausal Complaints about LAX skin around vaginal canal or labia area
Complaints about vaginal canal tissues or labia skin are common in women who have given birth, are approaching menopause OR who have already stopped menstruating.
- Vaginal laser may be worth exploring if you are suffering from common yet uncomfortable vaginal symptoms after pregnancy, menopause or radiation cancer treatments
- This includes vaginal or labial skin laxity, dryness of the vaginal area and/or painful sex
- If so, high-tech MonaLisa Touch Vaginal laser treatments MAY be of help.
How many vaginal laser treatments will I need with Mona Lisa Touch and what’s the cost?
- Note that if you’re a GOOD CANDIDATE for vaginal laser treatments, you’ll need a series of treatments over several months, plus maintenance treatments to sustain results
- You’ll often start with the recommended 3 to 5 sessions a few weeks apart each (4-6 WEEKS)
- Followed by 1 to 2 skin-stimulating maintenance laser treatments each year, depending on how you respond to CO2 laser based vaginal skin treatments
Find out the 7 Ways Vaginal Laser Treatments can potentially improve your Sex Life in our top-rated Plastic Surgery blogs!
Is using laser technology for the vaginal area or labia skin, actually effective? Research continues.
- Many case studies and our own patient results indicate that, with the RIGHT laser technology, vaginal laser treatments CAN help common skin concerns or vaginal or labia laxity and dryness.
- Remember, however, that efficacy of lasers for vaginal rejuvenation is still being studied.
- Plus, NOT ALL lasers are alike. Not all lasers work and some cheaper models used in smaller clinics may be less effective than a reputable brand.
- Here at our clinics, we have chosen the MonaLisa Touch CO2 laser system after conducting our own research.
- We also reviewed numerous case studies about its effectiveness and asked our Patients to report on their experiences.
Our Doctors and Surgeons are confident that – for the right candidates – vaginal laser treatment options can be very helpful. But patients need to understand variability of results and commit to the series of treatments to help get best results.
- That noted, patients are best off when they understand that all invasive treatments carry risks, and laser treatments are no exception. While generally WELL TOLERATED by most patients, ask about the risks.
- Plus, the procedure MAY NOT help every patient in precisely the same way (so DO expect variability in your results).
- There are several PROS and CONS to trying laser treatments for vaginal laxity or skin dryness that our female GP is happy to review with you as you explore whether or not vaginal laser treatments is going to be your best option for painful sex, vaginal dryness or skin laxity after giving birth.
- Find out more!
Phone us on 0388491444 to meet with Dr Tina Purdon for a confidential consultation and assessment about how vaginal laser treatments – or other high-tech light therapies – can HELP YOU with, as an alternative to HRT creams or other methods.
Laser Vaginal Laser – Tightening and Moisture Revitalisation with MonaLisa Touch
Potential BENEFITS of Lasers for Vaginal Rejuvenation including assisting with firmness (Re-Tightening/Firming) of Vaginal Canal Tissues AND lubrication vs dryness
Uses (note these can vary from patient to patient in effectiveness):
- helping to reduce painful sex
- assisting to improve vaginal area lubrication
- re-stimulates normal skin functions including moisture vs dryness
- may help restore sensitivity and increase pleasure during sexual intimacy (patient variable)
- can help reduce some forms of MILD urinary incontinence
An effective vaginal laser treatment series essentially works by:
- reducing discomfort caused by thin, dry skin and
- reducing discomfort due to a lack of adequate lubrication
- smoothing or tightening the skin texture (adding thickness to tissues via CO2 laser technology)
- improving comfort OR confidence
This is why vaginal lasers are said to have a vaginal rejuvenation effect. It’s because lasers MAY restore a degree of tissue strength and natural lubrication functions to the vaginal canal during arousal. This in turn can improve a woman’s sex life (although results can vary from person to person and there’s no guarantee). Also, if you’re not aroused, the effects may be limited and some sexual concerns or discomfort during sex are more complex in nature than simply vaginal tissue strength or tightness, continence confidence and lubrication.
But for many women, the benefits of this affordable, non-surgical, low-downtime and quick-to-undertake procedure are well worth exploring. Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask for a consultation time with one of Melbourne’s most caring, gentle and easy to talk to female General Practitioner, Dr Tina Purdon, at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn East.
Vaginal lasers can also be a good alternative to expensive, uncomfortable Hormone Replacement Therapy Creams (HRT creams) for Vaginal Dryness.
Allow 3 to 5 months to experience and assess the full results of this treatment.
Disclaimer: Note that RESULTS can vary and studies about efficacy, patient selection and laser risks are ongoing. Have a detailed discussion with your female health GP or phone to schedule an appointment with Dr Tina Purdon, a female health GP with a focus on helping women with skin texture and vaginal health.
Clients who participated in case study evaluations of MonaLisa Touch treatments (a series of 3 or more over several months) have stated they found the treatment effective for several vaginal related concerns, in particular helping with vaginal area dryness, labia or vaginal canal laxity or loose skin, texture and mild urinary incontinence improvements.
The laser is also excellent for DOT THERAPY (refining the skin on the face), using different laser settings AND an entirely different laser application/light delivery device (handpiece).
Dr Tina Purdon, female GP, is shown above with the MONA LISA Laser Delivery System for vaginal laser treatments.
Best results from Vaginal Laser treatments using MonaLisa Touch technology often require 3 or more sessions spaced a month apart; with occasional maintenance treatments.’
Be sure you understand the RISKS, as well as potential BENEFITS, before proceeding and recognise that ALL patients are different.
Cost of Vaginal Laser Treatments in Melbourne
How much does having Mona Lisa Touch vaginal laser treatments cost?
- This can vary depending on the number of treatments required.
- In Melbourne – at our Clinic, you can get a package of three (3) initial Vaginal Laser Treatments from a female GP for $1500.
Clients report positive laser treatment effects for vaginal related concerns after pregnancy and menopause.
Are vaginal laser treatments painful?
- There is minimal downtime, minimal side effects and no anesthesia
- Labia area skin is more sensitive but the treatment is quickly performed
- Internal vaginal canal skin has no nerves so is generally comfortable although may feel dry or minor discomfort during treatments (but discomfort is typically very mild and quickly passing)
Do I need to repeat the vaginal laser treatment – if so, how often?
- Vaginal Symptom relief is sometimes possible after the FIRST treatment; however, you’ll need a series of 3 or more vaginal laser treatments for best results (and some women may need more).
- Annual follow up treatments are recommended once a year or at a minimum, every 2 years, although this can vary from patient to patient.
How long does it take to have a vaginal laser treatment? (Treatment times)
- Vaginal Laser Treatment duration: If you are a suitable candidate for treatment, each of the three initial treatments will take approx. 10 to 20 minutes (it can vary from 5 to 25 minutes not including your assessment or medical history updates).
- If it’s your first visit, you’ll need to allow a pre-treatment medical history and suitability assessment to determine if you’re a good candidate for this treatment
ORGANISE A FREE 15 MINUTE PHONE CONSULTATION* TO LEARN MORE about Vaginal Laser Treatments from a Female GP, Dr Tina Purdon.
Or send a Confidential Enquiry form today to request a discussion about MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser treatments and whether these treatments may be suitable for your specific vaginal revitalisation or bladder leakage concerns.
Painful sex? Try VAGINAL LASER therapy.
The Vaginal Laser Treatment in Melbourne (Mona Lisa Touch)
Am I a suitable candidate for vaginal treatments?
You might want to consider Mona Lisa Touch treatments using vaginal laser therapy if you answer YES to several of these questions:
- Difficulty controlling your bladder?
- Do you suffer from Mild Stress Urinary Incontinence (leakage when coughing, sneezing lifting or exercising)?
- Do you get very urgent sensations of a “need to pee” (known as “urge incontinence“)?
- Types of Incontinence (Harvard Health article)
- Frequent night time urination?
- Light Bladder Leakage?
- Recurring Urinary Tract Infections or Thrush?
Have you lost interest in sex (low libido), for example:
- Loss of libido (sexual desire) after childbirth or menopause ?
- Reduced or non-existent sexual satisfaction?
- Dryness or mild incontinence leading to less comfort during sexual intimacy?
Do you avoid sex or intimacy due to:
- Pain during sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia)?
- A stretched or loose Vagina after childbirth?
Do you have to use vaginal moisturisers or other creams and expensive lubricants because of:
- Vaginal atrophy due to ageing or collagen loss of the vaginal skin?
- Loss of vaginal elasticity or vaginal shortening?
- Vaginal dryness with burning and itching?
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
- Other vaginal problems?
Have concerns about your vaginal canal laxity, vaginal skin dryness or urinary incontinence caused you:
- Inconvenience, embarrassment or pain?
- Loss of self confidence or femininity?
- Loss of interest in your Sex Life?
- Less intimacy in your Relationships?
- To miss your normal life before menopause or pregnancy?
- Laser vaginal tightening and skin treatments using MonaLisa Touch fractional CO2 laser technology for stimulating rejuvenation processes of the vaginal canal and inner labia.
Why some GP’s recommend this treatment for women suffering from painful sex or other vagina area concerns after pregnancy.
Benefits of MonaLisa Touch Treatment (Australia)
In numerous case studies and surveys about Laser treatments for the vaginal canal, such as MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser, Patients have reported:
- Feeling like a “woman” again
- Feeling much more feminine – just like before menopause
- An improved rejuvenated vagina – tighter and more lubricated
- Better sex, increased libido and more regular intimacy
- Improved relationships and marital harmony
- Reduced urge to urinate when stressed or rushed
- Less need to visit the toilet to pee – especially at night
- Less Urinary infections and thrush
- Less need to use HRT creams
Our Doctors and female GP have found the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment protocols to be effective for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation.
Our Plastic Surgeons and female GP may recommend this treatment for women with a range of common post-childbirth, pre and post-menopausal gynaecological issues that concern them and/or impact their sex life after having children.
- Sometimes called “women’s troubles” or “female problems,” vaginal concerns are very common, especially after giving birth.
- These concerns may include vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy or laxity, urge incontinence or mild urinary stress incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia) and recurring urinary tract infections.
What are the MonaLisa Touch laser treatment benefits?
MonaLisa Touch may improve dryness, laxity and even vaginal itchiness.
Results may vary from patient to patient.
Numerous patients treated with the MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser at our clinic and in clinical research studies have reported improvements in sexual relations and better orgasms and lubrication as a result of improved vaginal skin firmness, skin thickness/tightness or increased natural vaginal lubrication rather than HRT creams and other lubricants.
Results may vary, but specific benefits of a vaginal laser treatment series of 3 treatments approximately 4-6 weeks apart may include:
- increased tissue quality and elasticity
- increased blood flow to the vagina
- tightening of the vaginal canal
- skin rejuvenation of ageing, damaged, dry and or irritated vaginal area tissues
- potential assistance in normalising the pH of the vagina
- potential reduction in recurrent vaginal infections for many women
- restoration of a more ‘normal’ or revitalised vaginal environment
- improved tissue quality which also helps increase natural skin lubrication to promote more comfortable sexual intercourse
In suitable patients, the MonaLisa can effectively treat stress/urge incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), vaginal atrophy, recurrent infections and itchiness, burning and/or dryness associated with menopause. It does not replace hormone replacement therapies or surgically installed mechanical supports for all women, but where appropriate offers a new less invasive and highly effective vaginal rejuvenation option.
Techniques and Methods of Vaginal Lasers
How does the MonaLisa Touch Laser (Vagina Tightening and Rejuvenation) work?
- By creating very small channels (dots) using light technology to stimulate cellular regeneration and tissue strengthening processes during the healing phase.
MonaLisa Touch uses a non-surgical fractional laser system, very similar to the laser treatments that have long been available for facial rejuvenation.
- The laser works by optically splitting a laser beam into a series of very small dots.
- These dots of beam are aimed at the inside wall of the vagina or vaginal canal. The laser pulses for less than a tenth-of-a-second, during which the intensity of the laser is carefully varied by a computer to match the characteristics of the existing vaginal wall.
- At the point of contact, the laser dot removes a tiny area of tissue.
- This creates a pinhole around the same size as the diameter of a human hair (minuscule). The pinhole stimulates the body to repair itself, which stimulates cells to create new, healthy tissue at the site of the dot and flesh immediately surrounding it.
- The laser also works to heat the area between dots, stimulating the activity of specialised cells that create elastin and collagen – the building blocks of healthy tissue.
This process involves the same concepts as many facial rejuvenation procedures in terms of skin healing and collagen stimulation.
Please call (03) 8849 1400 to contact us if you have any specific questions around our vagina rejuvenation treatment.
Our Clinic Case Studies reveal positive results for common vaginal complaints.
A patient trial of more than 60 women has demonstrated remarkable results – some described as “life-changing” – please ask to see some relevant results of the trial at your appointment with us.
Preparation for your MonaLisa Touch Treatment
All patients must meet with their practitioner for a Consultation prior to getting MonaLisa treatments. Prior to undergoing your MonaLisa treatment, you will need to have had a PAP smear and examination in the last 12 months showing no abnormalities. Please call or contact us if you have any questions about organising your pre-treatment PAP smear.
Who performs the treatment?
We have a caring, gentle, highly experienced and knowledgeable Melbourne female G.P. available to perform your MonaLisa Touch laser treatments; her name is Dr Tina Purdon and she works at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing in Hawthorn East.
Other Treatments for Mums and Post-Menopausal Women
General practitioners at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing who operate the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser system have extensive experience in women’s health. They have also received thorough and specialised training in the MonaLisa Touch intra-vaginal laser system.
Results can vary, however, from patient to patient.
Procedure Details for Vaginal Laser/Mona Lisa Touch
Note: Dr Tina Purdon is Melbourne’s Mona Lisa Touch Practitioner at Coco Ruby in Hawthorn East in Melbourne.
First step: Consultation
- Medical history taking
- Assess needs and suitability for treatment
- Receive QUOTE for packages of 3 or more treatments depending on recommendations from the GP or Surgeon
Second step: Swab and dry the vaginal canal.
- At the start of your treatment(s), a swab will be inserted into your vagina to dry out the inside as much as possible prior to the insertion of the laser.
- Drying out the skin prior to vaginal laser treatments is usually the slightly uncomfortable part of the procedure; and most patients report little discomfort during the treatment session.
- The laser probe is then inserted into the vagina.
Third Step: Insertion of the Laser and Treatment Protocols
- After the laser is inserted into the vaginal canal, lasers PULSE internally as the devise is withdrawn out of your vaginal canal by our female GP
- You might feel a relatively low grade vibration inside the vaginal canal which is virtually painless for most women, which is a result of the light flashes of the laser handle treating your vaginal skin
- If you want the labia skin rejuvenated or mildly tightened using CO2 laser therapy, request this as part of the procedure.
- This entire inner-canal process lasts for about 5 minutes (MINIMUM) to 10, depending on your comfort levels and treatment areas (labia or just the vaginal canal
- Your treatment is complete and you will require three treatments about six weeks apart, and then one treatment annually as maintenance, or as required if you experience recurring symptoms that benefit from MonaLisa Touch treatment.
Downtime – how long will I take to recover after having a vaginal laser treatment?
- As the MonaLisa Touch treatment is fairly comfortable and well tolerated for most patients; many report it is painless as the vaginal canal is structured in a way with limited nerve impacts.
- You can usually return to most of your normal daily activities following your Treatments.
- However, strenuous exercise and very hot baths are not advised. You must also refrain from vaginal intercourse for 5 days after treatment in order to allow the vaginal canal surface to heal properly.
How many treatments are required with a vaginal laser before I see results?
Patient trials here and overseas have concluded that the best results (in most cases) are generally achieved from three MonaLisa treatments over 8 to 12 weeks.
- Most patients see a significant improvement after their first treatment
- Patients are encouraged to continue with the subsequent MonaLisa sessions as this ensures the most effective, longer-lasting results
- Results of MonaLisa Touch treatments are generally excellent
- Some patients have described the treatment as life-changing
- The extent of improvement varies between individual patients.
How long do MonaLisa Touch treatment results last?
It can vary from patient to patient and may depend on your health, other factors, and the treatments you’ve had.
- Many of the symptoms treated by the MonaLisa Touch are associated with low hormone levels brought on by menopause.
- A continued lack of oestrogen production can lead to some symptoms returning down the track.
- Under the advice of our doctors, patients can have repeated vaginal rejuvenation treatments if their symptoms return.
- Also, some medications cause urinary incontinence and may limit the effectiveness of a laser treatment.
- Ask your Doctor for treatment plan recommendations for Mona Lisa Vaginal Laser therapy.
Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to schedule a consultation to see if Vaginal Laser treatments might work for your concerns.
Is vaginal lasering covered by insurance or medicare?
MonaLisa Touch is not currently covered by either Medicare or most Insurance.
Pricing will depend on the number of sessions recommended in your treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be catered to your clinical needs after a GP consultation and exam.
- Email us using an enquiry form or call (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your Consultation (consultation fee involved) or arrange a FREE phone consultation for 15 minutes with our team
- You do NOT need a GP Referral
This site is for VICTORIAN patients (Australia).
If you are outside of Victoria, please visit www.monalisatouch.com.au for your local Clinics.
If you are outside of Australia, please visit www.smilemonalisa.com for your local Clinics.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400.