Upper Lip Lift Surgery in Melbourne
Facial Rejuvenation Procedures of the Lips/Mouth: Upper Lip Lift Surgery
A popular plastic surgery procedure in facial rejuvenation is known as Upper Lip Lift surgery or Bull Horn Lip Lift. Our Lip Lift Surgeon is Dr Richard Sackelariou, and he notes that this is a very popular procedure which can greatly improve and rejuvenate the facial appearance of suitable patients who have an elongated philtrum (the area between the lip and nose) or a ‘lower-tooth prominent’ facial appearance.
How do you know if you need a Lip Lift or a Lip Augmentation?
- Essentially, if your lower teeth show when you talk or smile but your upper teeth are hidden by your upper lip area, then this lip lift procedure may be the best solution for rejuvenating the face and smile.
- Chin Augmentations may also improve that lower area of the face, but each patient is unique, and an in-person consultation is the first step in finding out which type of procedure will be right for YOUR facial anatomy and appearance concerns.
- NOT all clients will be suitable candidates, but for carefully selected patients, the results improve the facial harmony, smile appearance and youthfulness of the lower face.
- Remember, however, that all patients are unique, that all surgery has risks, and that results can vary from patient to patient.
Ask your Surgeon for details during a confidential consultation and proceed only if you feel comfortable and knowledgeable with what the procedure can – and cannot – accomplish. Consultations are a great place to start exploring what Plastic Surgery of the lip, chin, or under the nose can accomplish for you.
The Upper Lift Lift Procedure
An upper lip lift procedure can shorten or reduce the length of the philtrum, that area between the nose and upper lip. It’s known as a lip lift, upper lift lip procedure or bullhorn lip lift.
Why is an upper lip lift called a Bullhorn Lip Lift?
The Lip Lift surgical procedure gets that name because of the ‘bullhorn’ curves of the incision made by your Plastic Surgeon. These are made just under the nose and allows the surgeon to raise the upper lip line to enhance both your facial appearance AND your smile. The procedure reveals more of the upper teeth line and prevents a ‘bottom tooth only’ smile appearance.
- This curved-incision line is made along the nostril areas to help reduce the philtrum.
- It allows your Plastic Surgeon to gentle elevate the upper lift and shorten an otherwise elongated philtrum.
- Shortening the philtrum through facial surgery, especially when combined with lip filler or other lip augmentation procedures, can have a rejuvenating effect on the face and smile.
- The incision line often heals very nicely for most patients.
The benefits of an upper lip lift may include:
- Revealing more of your upper teeth to rejuvenate or improve your facial appearance when smiling or talking.
- Giving your smile a more balanced or harmonious appearance.
- enhancing your smile when, prior to the lip lift, the bottom teeth featured overly prominently in the smile.
- reducing the impression of having a protruding lower jawline or lower teeth-line when the upper lift is covered by a sagging or elongated philtrum.
- Improving the ratio of the lower face or balancing out the upper, mid and lower face.
- Allowing the lips to appear fuller or more noticeably plump, especially if further enhanced with lip augmentation using soft-feeling, natural-looking state of the art lip filler injection treatments.
Celebrities who Had Lip Lift Surgery
Again, Upper Lip Lift surgery is NOT only for facial rejuvenation. Many younger individuals have this procedure performed, including celebrities.
It can enhance the facial appearance and smile. Men and women of a wide range of ages can benefit from this procedure.
The upper lip lift plastic surgery procedure can also effectively be combined with other facial surgery. This might include skin resurfacing, lower facelift or mid-facelift, eyelid reduction surgery, chin augmentation and more.
Megan Leto Mark had an Upper Lip Lip or Rhinoplasty
Celebrity Megan Leto Marx recently posted about her Lip Lift surgery (she also had Rhinoplasty surgery) on her Instagram account.
Here’s an excerpt from her post about her Sydney surgery:
“Why do you look different?” – a question that’s popped up a lot on my socials over the last two months. After a lot of consideration (and excitement), I had rhinoplasty and a lip lift ….I’m preparing a blog to detail my whole experience which will go live next week – so fire away with any specific questions you might have that I can answer! …. 😛)
Can you tell if someone has had an upper lip lift or bullhorn lip lift?
The answer is, usually not. What you notice are the upper teeth and not the lip. But every patient is different and you need to discuss incision lines and healing capacities with your Plastic Surgeon.
Typically the incision lines are placed in a strategic position where they fade into the natural lines or contours of the skin around the underside of the nostrils or nose.
- If you look closely at a person who’s had a lip lift, you may or may not notice telltale signs of a bullhorn lip lift.
- For most healthy patients who heal well, follow post-surgery recovery protocols and who don’t smoke, the incision line after a lip lift will often appear barely visible after it fully heals.
Dr Richard Sackelariou, is our Specialist Plastic Surgeon for upper lip lift surgery.
What will my scars look like after having lip lift surgery?
- All surgical incisions leave some visible traces.
- As the incision is made under the nose and nostril areas, following the facial curves and facial contours in that area. The incision tends to become disguised by existing skin textures and existing lines or facial contours in that area. But every patient is unique.
- Scarring varies depending on your skin type, skin tone, skin thickness and healing capacities.
- Remember, every patient is different. Ask your Specialist Plastic Surgeon at a consultation.
After healing from a lip lift, the incision line is barely noticeable. The best thing you can do to understand what scar you might have after surgery is to speak with your Plastic Surgeon and to ask to see Before and After photos when you attend a confidential consultation at our Melbourne Clinic.
Want to make an appointment with Dr Sackelariou to assess your suitability for a lip lift procedure?
Considering a Facelift, Eyelid lift or Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation procedure as well as a lip lift?
We have a variety of facial rejuvenation procedures including skin refinement peels, lasers and cosmetic injections at Coco Ruby.