The Cost of Cosmetic Surgery – Surgery Prices
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Costs and Pricing
Everyone wants to know about the cost of cosmetic and plastic surgery.
Frequently people want to know about the costs of:
- breast augmentation or breast implants
- breast lifts
- breast reductions
- tummy tucks
- eyelid lifts
- other procedures
How much is Cosmetic Surgery?
Everybody wants a deal or a bargain and want to pay a price that’s too good to be true.
Some people want to believe that they can have their dream surgical result and have a tropical holiday – all for a cheap low price – just ‘the price of a cup of coffee a day’. Well, not all dreams come true and sometimes it’s a nightmare.
THE PRICE OF PLASTIC SURGERY
Prospective patients ask the same questions about fees, costs and price all the time:
- How much does cosmetic surgery cost?
- What’s the cost of a breast augmentation?
- How much is a breast reduction?
- How much for a facelift?
- Who does cheap boob jobs?
- I want to know about Tummy tuck prices!
- Can I get finance for my surgery procedure?
- Do you have a payment plan for surgery?
Having had decades of experience in the plastic surgery industry, may we suggest that shopping around for surgery on price alone is a really bad idea.
Surgery is a serious business and if you cut corners you can end up back again speaking to us – this time about fixing up your botched cosmetic surgery. Sadly, some surgical mistakes can’t be fixed.
SO HOW MUCH IS PLASTIC SURGERY?
The exact price you pay for your plastic surgery will depend on a number of important factors – especially the rules from Medicare and Health Insurance companies which change regularly.
- Do you have any private health insurance (like BUPA) or are you uninsured?
- Is your particular surgery covered by a Medicare rebate?
- Is it classified as medical condition or a cosmetic procedure?
- Will MY particular health insurance fund pay for the surgery? (always read the fine print)
- Will GST apply to my surgery?
- Which particular plastic surgeon do you want to choose?
- Which Hospital, Surgical Theatre and type of room would you like?
- How long will your operation take in the operating theatre?
- How long do you need to or want to stay in hospital?
- Which Anaesthetist and Anaesthetic will you use?
- Which particular breast implants do you use?
- Do you have any unusual complexities or potential surgical complications?
- How much post-operative care and support do you want after surgery?
- What back up and family support do you have at home for rapid recovery?
- Do you want a warranty or expect a lifetime care guarantee?
- Are you a risk-taker? Can you cope with an infection, revisionary surgery or more time off?
- When do you want to have your surgery? – How long do you want to wait?
- Could you be on ‘Stand-by’ to fill a theatre operating list?
- How good a surgical result do you really want? Average or awesome?
- Would you like to minimise the look of your surgical scars?
OUR SURGERY PRICES
We are happy to discuss our range of fees and estimated ballpark prices for your specific surgery and surgeon – please phone Michelle on (03) 8849 1444 or contact us using the form.
After your consultation we can provide a detailed quote for your surgery.
BIGGEST MISTAKES PROSPECTIVE PATIENTS MAKE WHEN LOOKING FOR SURGERY
There are a few key things to avoid when looking around for surgery:
- Choosing under-qualified surgeons or physicians
- Having major surgery in a backroom clinic or theatre (not at a proper hospital)
- Using Local Anaesthestic or twilight sedation for major surgical operations instead of a general anaesthetic
- Not having a qualified and accredited anaesthetist – that’s the person who keeps you alive during the operation
- Avoid Fly in Fly out (FIFO) surgeons – It’s probably not a good idea to work with a solo surgeon who flies in from interstate to do your surgery then flies out again immediately afterwards – this leaves you with no patient support from your surgeon when you are in need. That’s not a good situation.
- Avoid being a Fly in Fly out (FIFO) patient if you can – It’s definitely NOT a good idea to fly to a destination for your surgery and fly out again straight away. This leaves you in need of post-surgical support from your local GP or emergency department. It’s not good – if you can, choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon in your local area.
HOW WE DO IT
Our surgeons are experienced and qualified Plastic Surgeons operating in accredited major hospitals. We have experienced plastic surgeons only – no ‘cosmetic surgeons’ or newbies.
What we do differently
- Six experienced and Qualified Plastic Surgeons (NOT Cosmetic Physicians)
- All major operations performed in major Australian accredited hospitals
- Highly Trained specialist staff and surgical team
- Highest quality breast implants from Mentor, Allergan (Natrelle) & Silimed
- Continuous After-Care and Support
Visit our Why Us? page for more information.
We operate in major Accredited Hospitals
We operate in major accredited hospitals with qualified anaesthetists. We avoid operating using light twilight sedation in day surgeries or backrooms. You deserve only the best plastic surgery with highly-experienced plastic surgeons. You’re worth it!
Our team of plastic surgeons is the most experienced group in Australia and all work together effectively to provide our patients with an exceptional experience.
Contact us today to schedule your initial appointment and further helpful information. Just fill in the form below and speak with one of our Patient Care Advisors OR visit our other Finance and Payment pages.
PLEASE NOTE: Our practice is NOT a credit provider. We do NOT receive any commissions or “kickbacks” from any of these finance suppliers. You will need to consider your own financial circumstances when considering if finance is suitable for you. We provide NO financial advice.
Next steps on your Surgical Journey
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Specialist Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our ur Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor. Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 and ask for Michelle (Hawthorn Clinic) or phone (03) 8849 1450 for the Team at Medici Clinic in Berwick.