One of Melbourne’s most experienced Teams of Specialist Plastic Surgeons
It can be difficult to know who to choose for your cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery procedure. Fortunately, some of Melbourne’s top Specialist Surgeons work together at Clinics in Hawthorn, Berwick or Western Melbourne. If you want a top surgeon for breast surgery, body contouring or liposuction and facial rejuvenation or Rhinoplasty or Eyelid Lift Surgery, we have you covered with some of the most established, highly respected Surgeons in Victoria.
Snapshot of our Team’s Top Surgeons in Melbourne.
We also have a dedicated Eyelid Lift Surgeon, Specialist Dr Benjamin Burt (a OculoPlastic Surgeon), who performs primary eyelid surgery of the upper and lower eyelid, Asian Blepharoplasty Surgery, Canthoplasty, and Revisional Eyelid Surgery for Blepharoplasty.
Several of our Surgeons also consult in Williamstown or Berwick – ask our team which Surgeons attend each of our locations in addition to Hawthorn East.
You can meet our Specialist Plastic Surgeons at our Free monthly cosmetic surgery information evening Patient Events in Hawthorn East.
Come meet several of Melbourne’s top Specialist Surgeons for Face, Body, Breast & Nose Surgery at one of our FREE Monthly events.
Or simply schedule a no-obligation, honest consultation to learn about what surgery can do for your appearance concerns.
Whether you want Body Contouring Surgery after weight loss or a Tummy Tuck after pregnancy, or a Breast Reduction, Breast Augmentation, Breast Implant Removal and Replacement, Rhinoplasty (nose job), Facelift, Neck Lift Surgery, Otoplasty (ear pinning), Rhinoplasty or Eyelid Surgery – we have you covered by top FRACS qualified Specialist Surgeons.
Visit our MELBOURNE Surgical Team Pages for information on our top Surgeons.
If you’re living in Sydney, visit the Sydney Plastic Surgery Pages. Please note these Sydney Plastic Surgeons are colleagues but they are not affiliated with the Cosmetic Surgery for Women group. You are advised to use your own discretion when choosing a Surgeon, and to research the difference between a FRACS qualified Surgeon and a general surgeon or doctor who is not a Specialist but who calls themselves a Cosmetic Surgeon.
What makes our Team of Melbourne Specialist Surgeons Different
Our Melbourne Team and Sydney Surgeons offer natural-looking, high quality breast implants and breast augmentation surgery as well as Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck surgery. If you want face, eyelid or nose surgery, out Team has dedicated Specialists who focus on particular procedures – highly regarded Surgeons in their areas of expertise.
About our leading Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeons and their Melbourne Support Teams
- If you’ve been doing some research about Surgeons for cosmetic or plastic surgery procedures, you’ll be aware of the differences in qualifications, training and experience levels between highly-qualified Plastic Surgeons with FRACS membership and “Specialist” qualifications and other types of doctors who operate.
- Specialist Plastic Surgeons only gain the protected medical title after completing a minimum of about 12 years of surgery (or more) – our Surgeons have decades of experience in cosmetic surgery procedures and Specialist Qualifications.
Does it matter?
There are many types of surgeons currently permitted to perform cosmetic procedures and various surgeries. (If you want more information, read our best Plastic Surgery Blog articles about the differences and how to choose the best surgeon for your procedure and your aims, as well as how the Medical Board is discussing making changes to help protect consumers from the potential harms of overseas medical tourism or unmonitored ‘back-room’ procedures.
People who offer surgery might be anything from a General Surgeon to a Cosmetic Surgeon or general medical practitioners (GPs) to a Specialist Surgeon. That’s why it’s important to check to be sure your selected Surgeon is a Specialist with extensive training in Plastic & Cosmetic Procedures.
Also, check your quotes for what the quote actually covers. Our quotes are inclusive, whereas many ‘cheap surgery’ option offers are actually only include part of the surgery and patients have been surprised at what they end up paying. So be sure to find out what your quotes actually cover and who is actually operating, with what anesthetic, and where (hospital for safety? Or a back room that isn’t being monitored?) BEFORE you make a surgery decision based on price.
Plastic Surgeons are highly experienced and extensively trained and qualified for specific best practice surgical procedures for cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery results.
Plastic Surgeons are Specialist Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons, many with decades of elite training qualifications.
As a Plastic Surgery Specialist, they undergo rigorous training and monitoring that means most Plastic Surgeons do not begin their private practices until they are in their 40s. To gain mastery takes decades, yet with this underpinning of 12 more more years of advanced training, Plastic Surgeons have extensive experience before they are granted their formal qualifications.
Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons have extensive experience before being granted membership in the top Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery organisations such as FRACS.
They often have hospital operating rights; whereas other types of Surgeons (such as those with less Specialist training experience) tend to lack Australian hospital operating privileges. They often only operate in back rooms or overseas facilities and are not allowed to operate in Australian hospitals.
This is why so many discount cosmetic surgery practices (as you read about in the news) provide operations in non-accredited facilities or back-rooms in clinics – because they don’t have the qualifications necessary to gain hospital operating rights.
- But our Surgeons feel that being able to operate in a fully accredited Australian hospital, with high standards of sterilisation, helps optimise patient safety.
- They also know that achieving the highest training, qualifications and surgical memberships possible ends up benefiting the cosmetic surgery patient who insists on a Surgeon who’s had extensive training and rigorous exams, rather than a doctor who took a year long course or a few weekend workshops in Cosmetic Surgery, or who was trained in an entirely different area of medicine.
- Cosmetic Surgeons can be nearly any type of doctor; they have very different training levels; whereas Specialist Plastic Surgeons have decades of expertise in a specific are of medicine – Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
We are dedicated to patient care excellence and optimal surgical outcomes including patient operating safety, proper general Anaesthetic by seasoned Anaesthetists, and post-surgical recovery aids to facilitate healing.
If you’re not clear on the differences between different types of surgeons, read the article on our blog, or simply google “differences between Plastic Surgeons and Cosmetic Surgeons.”
READ our best Plastic Surgery BLOG to learn more about differences in Surgeons and what is involved with cosmetic surgery procedures – including what YOU can do, as a patient, to encourage Rapid Recovery and get a good result.
Our Surgeons want you to feel comfortable with all aspects of your surgical decisions and procedure information.
So they go out of their way to help you understand the potential outcomes (as well as what surgery cannot do) and the risks of a procedure, as well as how to maximise your recovery and healing journey.
This includes high-tech and Light Based scar management treatments, Healite II treatments and healing-facilitation products and Rapid Recovery instructions in their “Science & Love” holistic recovery packages.
Helping you feel good about yourself and within yourself is important to us – it’s the reason we do what we do
Our Surgeons know that when you are feeling great about yourself, it shows up in all areas of your life,* including:
- fitness regimes
- social life
- making a presentation
- online profiles
- personal development
- relationship confidence
And Our Surgeons strongly believe that CONFIDENCE is beautiful as well as powerful.
- They also know that having greater confidence often helps improve social interactions – as well as self confidence.
Why choose our experienced Team of Highly Qualified Specialist Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons?
- Each of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons has over 2o years of expertise in helping people to feel and look their best, in terms of their appearance preferences and the confidence these changes can bring to their lives.*
- We focus on customising the procedure to the patient’s anatomy and skin condition; we take planning seriously and we take pride in getting patients a good result that is also long-lasting and natural-looking
- We continually educate ourselves on the latest advances in Plastic Surgery and we attend numerous conferences every year (in Australia and overseas) to stay abreast of the latest plastic surgery research.
Our Surgeons have precision, Artisan surgical skills along with decades of expertise in plastic and cosmetic procedures
- Quality plastic and cosmetic surgery outcomes may help some patients feel more inner-confidence.
- Plastic Surgery may also help to balance an out-of-proportion attribute (e.g., nose reshaping), correct deformities (e.g., injured abdominal muscles or excess, sagging skin after weight loss), and minimise the effects of ageing (e.g., a breast lift for drooping breast tissue); in patients with realistic expectations this may have a positive impact on one’s confidence.
- Confidence is Beautiful and Confidence is also Powerful – and studies show appearance DOES matter.
- Choosing one of our highly-experienced Artisan Plastic Surgeons for your procedures* and you’ll have a customised procedure that takes YOUR goals, YOUR anatomy and YOUR long term outcomes into account.
Read our DISCLAIMER page about individual results varying from patient to patient.
- long-lasting results for most surgical procedures
- people tend to experience greater every day confidence when they feel they look their best
- a person’s confidence level is likely to radiate out into other areas of life – including career and relationship interactions
- we can even reduce the signs of ageing with some procedures – which can boost confidence in the middle year or later years when you’re wanting a career change or seeking a new partner after a divorce
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons believe in providing honest opinions based on facts and proven surgery methods.
Phone us during Clinic Hours on (03) 8849 1444 to make a no-obligation consultation appointment OR end an enquiry form to the side or lower portion of this page. Our Patient Care Coordinators have extensive knowledge about surgery processes, surgeon selection processes, and pricing and costs – they can give you a rough estimate of surgery costs however, our surgery is customised for each individual patient. To get a Quote, you’ll want to visit with a Specialist in person to find out what plastic cosmetic surgery can – and can’t – accomplish for you, as well as how much it will cost. We are MELBOURNE BASED Surgeons. For SYDNEY based Surgeons, visit our Sydney Plastic Surgery location pages.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeons – Specialists in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Procedures
Our Surgeons are also highly adept in performing complex body lift procedures, including Thigh Lifts, Back Lifts, Arm Lifts (Brachioplasty) and reduction of excess abdominal and tummy skin after extensive weight loss such as tends to follow Bariatric Surgery for Obesity.
Please note that individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient – read more on our Disclaimer page.
Best Practice & Quality Care: Patient support before, after & during your Surgical & Healing Journey
- We understand that having the right Team to support you through your surgical journey is crucial to providing expert advice & patient care excellence.
- In addition to our leading team of elite Plastic Surgeons, our Patient Support Team includes highly experienced Patient Coordinators, Registered Nurses, & Clinical Dermal Therapists for pre-op information and post-op healing and recovery support.
The Team Approach for Complex Patient Needs
Our leading Team of Surgeons also works together for complex procedures and selected Revision surgeries. They share advanced knowledge to help facilitate individual surgery experiences and healing and recovery. And best of all, they know exactly how to minimise your post-op scars.
Our Surgery Team approach helps ensure the best possible outcomes for your Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery experience, particularly for complex Revisional procedures or combined procedures such as Body Lift surgeries.*
Our primary aim is to help YOU have an excellent surgical journey and the best results for your surgery goals
Experience, Qualifications & Trainings of Surgeons are not equal
Always Choose a highly-experienced and fully qualified Plastic Surgeon with accredited Hospital operating privileges
It’s important to be sure your Surgeon has a high level of experience AND the right qualifications and membership associations, including the ability to operate in a fully accredited hospital (not just a back room).
Be sure to ask these important questions of your Surgeon, including if they are a member of the top organisations for Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons.
What you need to know about Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
Getting surgery can be a stressful time.
- So it is highly important that you feel extremely comfortable with your decisions about your procedure and with your choice of Surgeon.
- Often, once you have made your first appointment, the hardest part of the process is behind you.
However, because there are often many choices involved in your Surgical procedure as well as risks. You want to ensure a good surgery experience, and it’s helpful to understand that surgery results do vary from patient to patient. Keep your expectations realistic and plan ahead as much as possible.
Our Surgeons also have preferred methods for getting their patients the best possible results, and these can differ from Surgeon to Surgeon.
Or register to attend one of our FREE regular practice information evenings and meet our Team in person — and hear more about your procedure. Visit the EVENTS page.
You’ll get best-practice and advanced Surgical Care Approaches for your appearance goals as well as Rapid Recovery, DRAIN FREE procedure techniques – along with high-level patient care throughout your surgical journey.
We offer those special EXTRAS that can help enhance your healing and recovery period, including:
Plus — you’ll get the best in LASER post-op treatments for scar minimisation (e.g., Fraxel treatments) in our Melbourne Clinic location in Hawthorn East.
- Rapid Recovery kits with proven healing-facilitation as well as relaxing patient pampering products
- Post-Surgery Support Garments – a necessity for best results for some procedures (e.g. body lifts, arm lifts or tummy tucks)
- Fraxel Scar Minimisation treatments INCLUDED for patients for most procedures
- Healite II for healing facilitation or skin rejuvenation (available in the Hawthorn East and Berwick locations)
- Skincare Vouchers for Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing (Hawthorn East & Berwick Clinics)
Our Surgeons focus on providing DRAIN FREE procedures to make your healing process just a bit more comfortable.
They also use best practices in infection prevention measures and offer high standards of scar minimisation — such as Healite II, skin creams, Fraxel laser post-op care to minimise post-surgical scarring.
Are you feeling nervous about taking the next step to have a Surgery you have wanted for many years or even decades?
You’ll relax knowing you’re in the hands of highly-trained, extensively experienced Surgeons*
All surgery experiences, and patients, are unique, but all of our Surgeons are specialists in their fields of Surgery. They each have over 20 years or more experience and have mastered and advanced surgical techniques to help you get the best possible results from each procedure.
Our Surgeons also fully customise each procedure for the individual patient.
Disclaimer: results will vary from patient to patient. So use the BEFORE & AFTER images only as a general overview of what might be accomplished — your results will be individual to you, your procedure choices, and your Surgeon – they can vary significantly from another patients results even if you feel your BEFORE image may look similar to that of another patient.
Peace of mind is important: so is having realistic expectations
We find that our patients often have greater peace of mind after discussing their Surgical Options and appearance goals with one of our Team of highly-experienced Plastic Surgeon Specialists. That’s because our Surgeons are devoted to getting the best results possible for each and every individual patient and procedure.*
This peace of mind our Patients appreciate comes from knowing that your Plastic Surgeons are highly qualified and extensively experienced in the procedures you have chosen to undertake. Our Surgeons have extensive training and surgical qualifications as well as over two decades and more of advanced surgical experience. Not years, but decades of experience.
Our Team will also provide you with practical advice and procedure descriptions to help you understand what the BEST procedure — or which combined procedures — will be best to help you meet your specific appearance modification aims.
And they’ll let you know optimal surgery preparation recommendations as well as post-op healing & recovery facilitation methods (Rapid Recovery packages included).
Our Highly-Experienced Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons are dedicated to providing excellent Patient Care experiences and long-lasting, pleasing surgery outcomes
Our Surgeons are also renowned for their precise surgical skills and their extensive experience in the procedures they offer patients.
Starting your Surgical Journey – A Step by Step Overview
- The first step to your transformation is to schedule a confidential Consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Not sure who to choose? Speak with a friendly Patient Care Coordinator or arrange a free consultation with one of the Surgeon’s nurses.
- Bring some friends along and attend one of our FREE practice events to meet some of our leading Plastic Surgeons, our eyelid lift specialist and Anti-Aging Injectables team.
- Find out more by sending a confidential Enquiry form today to a Patient Care Coordinator.
- At your Consultation with your Surgeon, you will discuss your personal surgery expectations (your ideal outcomes) and what surgery or combined procedures will help you get the results you are looking for
- It is important that you and your Surgeon discuss what’s realistic in terms of your expectations as well as what’s required in terms of procedures, healing times & post-operative scar minimisation using Fraxel
- Your Surgeon will affirm whether your desired outcome is actually achievable through the Surgery you are seeking, and if so, to help you to have realistic expectations about what is — or isn’t — attainable through surgical or non-surgical procedures — before you proceed.
- You’ll discuss details of the procedure and what to expect.
- It is important to bring up any concerns you may have about the procedure, and that you feel comfortable with your selections or surgery choices.
It is important for your selected Surgeon to best understand exactly what you are hoping to achieve through your Surgery journey.
Your Specialist Plastic Surgeon will discuss with you how to best achieve this and whether this is a realistic outcome for your specific body shape.
- Based on the detailed information you provide to your Surgeon about what you are wanting to achieve, your Plastic Surgeon can then provide tailored procedure recommendations for achieving the best results for your appearance goals.
- You will also be given a Quote estimate of pricing should you be interested in proceeding with your procedure.
And if you have ANY questions before booking a consultation, our Patient Care Coordinators are happy to assist – just submit your questions using the contact forms. Or phone a Patient care Coordinator in Hawthorn on (03) 8849 1444.
Important: Every patient is different and some aspects of surgery are unpredictable; plus, surgery carries risks.Please read the DISCLAIMER page which discusses the differences in patient outcomes and the variance in results.
Australia and Victoria Areas for Cosmetic Surgery – Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne and Sydney
Our highly-experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeons attract patients from a broad area in Victoria and surrounding regions.
At our Hawthorn Clinic we see patients from Melbourne CBD, Melbourne’s inner suburbs, inner eastern suburbs, North Melbourne, Albert Park, St Kilda, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Deepdene, South Yarra, Glen Iris, Brighton, Beaumaris, Sandringham, Elwood, Eltham, Balwyn, Bulleen, Ivanhoe, McLeod, Rosanna, and Heidelberg as well as from the Mornington Peninsula and regional Victoria.
In our Medici Berwick Clinic we see patients from the outer eastern Melbourne, Sorrento and Gippsland as well as Mornington, Mt Martha, Rowville, Cranbourne, Emerald, Ferntree Gully, Pakenham, Narre Warren, Hallam, Warragul, Traralgon, South Gippsland and other Eastern and South Eastern suburbs throughout Victoria.
In the Williamstown and Malvern locations, we see patients from Melbourne, South Mebourne, Port Melbourne and Southwestern Melbourne including the suburbs of Woodend, Point Cook, Ballarat and Bendigo.
Great surgery results news travels far.
Our Plastic Surgeons‘ extensive expertise is sought out by patients from other regions including Canberra, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. We also attract patients from rural areas in Victoria, New South Wales, Adelaide and even Queensland, Darwin and Perth.
Whether you are needing Revisional or Corrective Surgery for a less-than-desirable result from a less experienced or non-specialist Surgeon or an unforeseen complication — whether you are wanting your implants removed or replaced, or whether you are simply wanting to choose a highly qualified Plastic Surgeon to perform your procedure, we can help.
If you live outside of Melbourne, Australia including overseas, contact us by submitting an Enquiry form to see how we can help. OR read more on our Interstate & Overseas Surgery Patient page to find out how we can help you.
*Disclaimer: Individual patient results can vary greatly – please review our DISCLAIMER information, our FAQs and be sure to ask your Surgeon any and all questions that cross your mind about your selected procedure(s).
NEXT STEPS on your Cosmetic Surgery Journey with our top Specialist Plastic Surgeons
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (NO FEE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular FREE Practice Events and hear from our Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.