Vectra 3D Imaging technology may be used for planning certain types of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, including Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty or Face Surgery.
Vectra 3D and Crisolix are high-tech imaging and photography software systems that can be used for planning cosmetic plastic surgery. These technical aids can be helpful at times to help you visualise your potential breast surgery size change results.
It’s been used to help patients with their breast implant size selections for Breast Augmentation and for Facelift and Rhinoplasty Surgery patients.
- 3D imaging can be good for visualisation of potential surgical changes.
- However, it is not meant to be predictive.
- That’s because too many factors influence a good result from a surgery.
Read the factors that influence surgery results here (good results vs poor results: what’s really important in determining Plastic Surgery outcomes).
Read more about 3D imaging (breasts) and 3D imaging of the nose and face as a surgery planning and visualisation tool.
At Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men in Hawthorn, Berwick and Western Melbourne (Williamstown), we focus on the individual. We aim to understand your needs and appearance change goals.
- Some of our Breast Surgeons and Rhinoplasty Surgeons prefer using a 3D imaging method for breasts or nose reshaping surgery as a technical planning tool.
- Imaging in 3D formats can sometimes help patients visualise what a certain surgical change MIGHT look like on their physique, and how it might interact with other features or physical aspects (height or facial structure for example).
At our Melbourne Clinic in Hawthorn East, we offer patients 3D imaging breasts, 3D imaging noses and 3D imaging facelifts and necklift surgery consultations. These are NOT standard and if you are keen to use VECTRA 3D imaging for your procedure, be sure you mention this when you phone us on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry.
Again, not all consultations involve 3D imaging nor do all Surgeons prefer Vectra systems; but they can sometimes assist during certain consultations. It’s really up the Surgeon and you if you think this is going to be helpful.
Often, other ways of planning surgery are effective, especially measurement taking, skin assessment and drawings or real-patient before and after photograph reviews.
Ask our team today by phoning (03) 8849 1444 – be sure you mention you’d like a Vectra 3D consult and for what purpose, as we have a large team of Surgeons and some use other methods for assessment and visualisation.
Vectra 3D imaging can be used for Breast Augmentation surgery, Breast Reduction/Breast Lift Surgery, Nose Reshaping Rhinoplasty Surgery and more.
Pre-Operation Planning and Breast Surgery Consultations: Imaging
Pre-operative planning is a crucial component of ensuring satisfaction with your breast surgery results. During your pre-surgery consultation(s), your Plastic Surgeon may use Vectra 3D Imaging as part of pre-op planning discussions.
- For a breast procedure, we want to ascertain which surgery approach will be likely to give you the results you’re seeking through breast surgery.
- To promote patient-safety during an operation, our Specialist Plastic Surgeons have operating and admitting rights at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne.
- They AIM to use only experienced anaesthetists along with a top team of surgical support staff.
- You’ll be in good hands with such a caring team.
What is Vectra 3D Imaging and how is it used?
The Vectra 3D Imaging system is a Canfield product. It allows for cosmetic plastic surgery patients and their Surgeons to better visualise potential physique changes that might occur after surgery. It can be used for surgery of the face/nose or breast area, for cosmetic procedure planning. It is not, however, predictive, as many factors influence getting a good result from Plastic Surgery.
Vectra 3D imaging may be a good way to help us visualise potential results from Plastic Cosmetic Surgery.
(Note the photo above, used courtesy of Canfield, is an exaggeration of how it’s used. But it allows for a 3D imaging and rotation of an image of the patient, so that one can visualise the vectors of the facial structure or nasal area before a Rhinoplasty or Facelift/Necklift).
The Surgeons who use Vectra 3D imaging do so as they find that breast augmentation and breast lift (mastopexy) patients can envisage the potential body changes their surgery will provide, prior to their operations.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons have also made use of the Facial VECTRA 3D imaging system by Canfield or of Crisolix imaging and other imaging methods to help patients understand potential nose surgery changes from a Rhinoplasty.
The Vectra 3D system simulates potential outcomes for patients, based on a real image of their body or face.
How Vectra 3D imaging is used for Breast Augmentation Surgery.
For selecting an breast implant size, it can reproduce an image of what a patient might like look with their desired size of breast implant. Read our top Plastic Surgery blog (ranked as some of the best in the world) about Small Breast Implants vs Large Breast Implants Selections (Pros and Cons).
Using multiple camera angles and a whole library of different implant shapes and sizes, the Vectra system gives patients a computer-generated vision of what they will look like post-surgery.
Vectra 3D imaging by Canfield.
Photos of Vecta in action are not actual patients and are courtesy of Canfield, supplier of the Vectra 3D technology systems.
IF you’d like to learn more about how Vectra 3D imaging works for cosmetic plastic surgery, phone us today to schedule a consult or ask questions. Phone (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form, below. At our Hawthorn East Clinic, we have several Vecta options for patients who are keen to use this technology – but be sure you mention this is of interest to you as it is not part of every Surgeon’s consultations.
Vectra systems also allows the potential post-surgery appearance that the Surgeon has assessed is similar to what the patient is seeking, and allows this image to be conveyed to the patient in a visual form.
It’s not just a tool to benefit the patients, several of our Melbourne Surgeons use the Vectra 3D imaging system to help plan surgeries too.
- The Vectra is not always exactly accurate and is not a true predictor. Many factors influence results and can impact a good results vs poor results.
- But the system does add some indicators of what a patient is wanting to the consultation process, and lets the patient visualise how changes will affect their “look’.
- For breast surgery, Vectra 3D imaging is NOT the only way to go. In fact, not all Surgeons prefer it; some prefer Silicone sizers and verbal explanations or drawings on photographs.
Breast Surgery Procedures: Our Specialist Team of Leading Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne for Cosmetic Breast Surgery
If you are considering breast surgery, we can help! Choose from some of Melbourne’s most experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery or Rhinoplasty and other body, face, eyelid, nose and breast surgery options.
Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (also available in Sydney)
Dr Douglas McManamny – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Richard Maxwell – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Our Team of Surgeons – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
- Our Specialists are genuine, fully-qualified FRACS Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons, recognised as Specialists by AHPRA.
- They have extensive experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Our Specialists are not condescending; instead, they are caring and compassionate, empathetic, kind, approachable and highly skilled.
Here’s what we think makes a great Surgeon, and what we strive for at our Clinics.
In our opinion, a good Plastic Surgeon is part artist and part scientist.
We think a great Plastic Surgeon uses extensive measurements, skin assessments, other available planning tools, years of experience, and open and honest discussions with patients so they can aim for good surgery experiences and pleasing appearance outcomes.
A consultation with one of our team’s top Surgeons can help you discover how we can help you with the appearance changes you desire, through skilled surgical expertise and a patient-safety focused approach. Phone us today on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form if you’re reading this after clinic hours.
You can read more about our Breast Surgery expertise by selecting the topic links below.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery
- Tuberous Breast Surgery
- Asymmetric Breast Surgery
Learn more about Breast Surgery, Body Surgery, Eyelid Surgery, Nose Surgery and Face Surgery– or skin reduction after weight loss.
Your next steps to better breasts and a New You
If you want to learn more about your breast surgery options, please contact us to book a consultation for our Specialist Breast Surgeons or speak with one of our Patient Care Coordinators. Phone today on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form below and we’ll contact you.
We also have downloadable GUIDES to Plastic Surgery.
If you live outside of Melbourne, Australia or Overseas, contact us and see how we can help you.
Be sure you choose a genuine FRACS Plastic Surgeon (Specialist) who operates in Australia. This allows you to benefit from some of Australia’s highest patient-safety measures including Australian hospital-sterilisation standards as well as Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery expertise. Look for FRACS, ISAPS/ASAPS or ASPS.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey – do more research or meet with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon to discuss your genuine options.
- Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
- Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444.
- We have 3 convenient clinic locations (but not all of our Team attend each location – ask us for details if geography is your main concern).
- We have Surgeons available in Melbourne or in Sydney.
Our team of dedicated Specialist Plastic Surgeons look forward to collaborating with you on your Cosmetic Surgery procedure journey.