Which Plastic Surgeon should I choose?
Having Surgery is a big decision. There is a lot to think about and there are risks, and varying outcomes, to consider, as well as how to plan for recovery. It’s also important to understand the process, the recovery time and how the surgery results will impact your lifestyle.
They key is to do your homework and read our handy GUIDES before proceeding to a consultation. OR phone us to register to attend a FREE monthly event – and get to know our Surgeons and their team.
If you’re looking for a genuine Plastic Surgeon, with top skills and a caring manner, you’ve found one of Melbourne’s largest groups of Specialist Plastic Surgeons – who change lives!
Read our top Plastic Surgery blogs for more information on cosmetic and plastic surgery healing, surgery planning, surgery recovery, risks, and how to minimise your scars.
Why do people want Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery?
- Because how we look – and how we feel about how we look – matters.
- Whether or not we wish it were different, our self assessments – and confidence – is impacted by how comfortable we feel in our own skin.
- How we feel we look – also impacts on our confidence in social situations as well as job interviews.
There’s no question that feeling we LOOK our best can help us to feel better – and improve our overall confidence levels. But every patient is different, and surgery results can vary – so be sure you’re emotionally healthy and have realistic expectations about what cosmetic plastic surgery can – and cannot – accomplish in your lives, and be sure to choose a genuine FRACS Plastic Surgeon (Specialist) for Breast Surgery, Body Contouring, Liposuction, Eyelid Surgery, Facelift Surgery and Rhinoplasty/Nose Surgery.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery, Abdominoplasty, Facelifts, Necklifts, Eyelid Surgery and Body Contouring with Liposuction & Skin Reduction
Having clients feel better about themselves – to have more confidence in their own bodies, faces or skin – is what they enjoy best, e.g., helping people find more harmony and satisfaction with their appearances or helping people correct a defect or out of balance anatomy concern.
They use their surgical expertise to help people transform their appearances and aim for greater balance (improved symmetry), physical comfort, body confidence and – in some cases – freedom from the pains of having an out of balance body, face, nose or breast area (such as reducing heavy, pendulous breast volume during a Reduction Mammoplasty procedure).
Examples of how Cosmetic Plastic Surgery may help men and women include:
- Providing freedom from the burdens, pains or social challenges of imbalanced features or body parts
- Example: extremely heavy breasts can be surgically reduced in weight and size
- this may help reduce shoulder/neck or back pain for patients who’s breast volume and breast weight impacted their posture, straining their necks, backs or shoulders
- Males who have Gynaecomastia and want male breast reduction to reduce ‘man boobs’ or ‘moobs’ may also benefit from Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Freedom from skin irritations or concerns about excess tummy skin folds (redundant skin) after pregnancy or after significant weight loss by performing a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction (which may also help improve incontinence and reduce back pain).
- Freedom from unwanted attention focused on a disproportionate, very bumpy, injured crooked nose, a severely recessed chin or a droopy eyelid.
Plastic Surgery can help change lives.
Surgery has limitations and you must keep your expectations reasonable for a good experience. But it can change lives.
Cosmetic Surgery can reduce self-consciousness about a misshaped nose, very large breasts or an out of balance feature.
Surgery can also enhance a positive body-image that’s become impacted by post-pregnancy bulges or diastasis recti, when a new Mum feels uncomfortable with body changes after pregnancy OR has lost her core abdominal strength due to abdominal muscle splits (Diastasis Recti).
We work hard to help you understand what surgery can and cannot do, and the surgery risks as well as likely outcomes – reminding you that EVERY patient’s results will vary as well as change with time (that’s the nature of ageing and the human body).
But for patients who are motivated to have surgery and who follow our advice for pre-operation preparation and post-surgery care, we can often help you reduce some of your concerns.
So that you can feel more body-confident about how you look.
Disclaimer: It’s important to recognise that results can vary from person to person and that surgery is not always the only solution. That noted, some procedures can go a long way in restoring balance and body confidence, as well as to minimise scars or correct facial deformities or severe asymmetry.
Our PURPOSE and Our MISSION – Changing Confidence, Changing Lives
Our Surgeons are on a mission to help individuals improve their life by helping them remove obstacles to confidence.
We aim to make a real difference to individuals, communities, society and the medical profession. But we have strong values and professional ethos about what is not to be compromised on when it comes to surgery: meticulously precise planning; the right procedure for the right patient at the right time by the right Surgeon in the right facility, and best practices for Post-Op Patient Care and scar management.
We primarily operate in fully accredited Hospitals in Melbourne, using a highly-experienced Surgery Team including top Anesthetists.
Why our Specialist Surgeons
We’re HIGHLY experienced and have helped thousands of plastic surgery patients have a good experience as they progressed through their cosmetic plastic surgery journey.
Your choice of some of Melbourne’s most experienced Plastic Surgeons, with top Melbourne locations: Hawthorn or Berwick or Williamstown in Australia (Melbourne, Victoria).
The Our Specialist Team of Surgeons on our team include:
Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Douglas McManamny – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn & Berwick)
Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Richard Maxwell – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn & Williamstown)
Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Oculoplastic Surgeon for eyelid rejuvenation
Dr Benjamin Burt – Oculoplastic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO US?
• Being ethical, honest and trustworthy
• Mutual respect and loyalty
• Delivering an outstanding patient experience
• Providing a high quality & holistic patient improvement journey
• Being safe, being compliant and managing risks
• Building and maintaining premier facilities and technologies
• Managing our brand and reputation – online and in our community
• Commitment to continuous improvement and growth
• A focus on learning and professional development
• Best practice marketing and promotional activities
• Creating systems and following processes with attention to detail
OUR PLASTIC SURGERY & SKIN CARE VISION FOR HELPING PATIENTS ATTAIN THEIR DESIRED APPEARANCE MODIFICATIONS
With advanced techniques, expertise and constant patient feedback, we aim to remain at the forefront of surgical rejuvenation and surgical alterations of out-of-balance features or deformities. Whether a cosmetic procedure or a reconstruction or corrective surgery, we aim to deliver outstanding results for all patients who value extensive surgical experience, empathy, respect, and a dedication to quality outcomes.
Come see for yourself what makes Our Surgeons some of the most respected Plastic Surgery Specialists in Australia.
To provide exceptional quality of service in plastic and cosmetic surgery, and improve the appearance, well being and self-confidence of patients entrusting us with their care.
Finding a Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne or Sydney (including Mornington, Bayside, Inner Eastern Suburbs and Double Bay or Bondi).
What do you need to consider when choosing a Plastic Surgeon if you want good results?
There are differences in Surgeons, especially in the training and qualifications of individuals who call themselves “cosmetic surgeons” in comparison to Specialist Plastic Surgeons (a protected title which takes at least 12 and usually 14 extra surgical training years to attain).
Each of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons are highly experienced and specialise in their preferred areas of surgery. We can recommend which of our surgeons is most suitable for you based on the procedure you’re interested in.
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Ask about the potential for a Skype call consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (if you are living remotely from Melbourne or Sydney)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Plastic Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a Patient Care Coordinator.