Recovery Tips after Cosmetic Surgery (Australia)
This page contains general RECOVERY information in relation to having cosmetic surgery. It is general in nature and does NOT constitute medical advice. Be sure you follow the recommended post-operative instructions provided directly from your Surgeon and contact your Surgeon with any questions or concerns.
Cosmetic Surgery Recovery Tips and Resources for patients
1. Ask your SURGEON for post-op guidelines and read the POST-OP RECOVERY GUIDE – plus, be sure to use your RAPID RECOVERY PACK.
- use the items provided in your RAPID RECOVERY PACK
- remember that surgery RECOVERY time frames and experiences will VARY from person to person
- RISKS or COMPLICATIONS could delay your normal surgery recovery time estimates, so be patient
2. Remain healthy, calm and patient as you heal! Don’t do TOO much too soon and stay well-hydrated.
- eat well and drink plenty of fluids
- stay hydrated with water
- don’t replace water intake with coffee or soft drinks – it’s not the same
- rest adequately
- but follow your surgeon’s advice on movement
- gentle movement helps prevent complications that arise from being too sedentary for long periods
- take good care of your emotional well-being after having cosmetic surgery
- remind yourself WHY you wanted surgery performed
- recognise you may have fluctuating emotions at first
- never smoke before or after surgery
- avoid consuming intoxicating substances
- follow good nutritional advice and post-op exercise time frames (exercising heavily too soon can harm you or increase your scar formation)
- Eat well, rest well and adopt healthy habits as you recover from cosmetic or plastic surgery.
3. Surgery Recovery Tips – Download and read the Guide e-Book
Review the Surgery Procedure Guide book and other materials from your Surgeon before and after you have surgery.
- Browse blogs and tips from some of Australia’s top-rated Surgeons in Melbourne VIC (Australia)
- Read downloadable PDF e-Books on Cosmetic Surgery.
- Speak with a Dermal Clinician about scar management protocols
Download the Guide to Recovery after Plastic Surgery!
If you are trying to find out what to expect from Plastic Surgery recovery? Read this helpful guide today.
More information on recovery tips for different Plastic Surgery procedures:
Surgery Guidelines for Cosmetic Surgery recovery include helpful tips compiled from the experiences of our care team, which supports leading Australia FRACS (Plas) Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and eyelid surgery experts (shown below).
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include
Unanswered Questions or want to know how to search for Plastic Surgeon or Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews (Melbourne, Australia – VIC)?
- Check out a bigger list of FAQ’s and information on the surgical process
- Attend a Monthly Patient Information Evening Event
- For more information about Pricing and Payment methods of your Surgery, please visit our page on Surgery Payments.
- You can also talk to a Patient Care Team to answer your questions from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday on (03) 8849 1444