Do you have “puffy under eye bags” or fatty bulges under your eyelids?
Many people have lax skin around their eyes – and fat bulges UNDER their eyelids – as they age. Some people also have a genetic tendency for this condition, which causes dark shadowing and “puffy-looking eye bags” that lead to a tired, aged appearance.
Fat Transposition during lower eyelid procedures can help reduce eye bags.
- Fat transposition is an advanced Oculoplastic Surgery method that helps reduce puffy under-eye ‘bags’ that lead to under-eye shadows, bulges or indentations.
- Fat transposition is often used in complex lower eyelid surgery procedures (lower Blepharoplasty surgery) to reduce eye shadowing and to achieve a more even, firmer skin appearance under the eyes.
For more on upper or lower eyelid surgery, click here.
Read about EYELID surgery – get the GUIDE!
What is Fat Transposition?
- Fat Transposition during a Blepharoplasty procedure is a surgical technique for rejuvenating the eyelids.
- Fat transposition involves releasing some adipose (fat) tissue from the patient’s lower eyelid(s) and gently moving or re-positioning it to the area to be treated.
Photograph of Fat Transposition Under Eyelids to Reduce Eye Puffiness and Eye Bags
Illustration of under-eye bags reduced during lower Blepharoplasty surgery using Fat Transposition and advanced eyelid surgery techniques. Note the smoother appearance and reduced under eye puffiness in the AFTER SURGERY photograph on the right.
Who benefits from fat transposition?
- This procedure may suit men or women who have dark circles or chronic puffiness under their eyes (related to fat pockets)
- Fat Transportation may also be effective for people with excess fat in their eyelid area, particularly the lower lid
- It is ideally performed by a highly skilled Specialist Surgeon for attaining best results and avoiding potential complications
Required Examinations prior to Undergoing Eyelid Surgery and Fat Transposition
If you are considering a Fat Transportation procedure and are a suitable candidate, you’ll need to undertake the following examinations.
- Full Ophthalmological Examination
- Eyelid and Periocular Examination
Photos of your EYE LIDS both BEFORE and AFTER your Surgery will also need to be taken by your Surgeon.
Additionally, you will need to follow the post-operative instructions of your Surgeon very carefully.
Our team’s highly-experienced eyelid surgeons, Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO FACS, will assist you throughout your eyelid rejuvenation process.
- Dr Burt is a highly meticulous Surgeon dedicated to reducing the risks of eyelid surgery and ensuring minimal scarring.
- He is also sought after for his Revisional Eyelid Surgery experience.
Full facial rejuvenation – examples of combined procedures for eyelid rejuvenation
- The patients in the photographic example shown below underwent a Blepharoplasty procedure with Dr Benjamin Burt, using a Fat Transposition approach.
- Notice that improving the eyelid area and reducing puffy eyelids (upper and lower Blepharoplasty plus fat transposition) improves and refreshes the entire facial appearance for a full-face rejuvenation effect.
- Read more about eyelid surgery options (Blepharoplasty) here.
Case Study #1: Surgery of Upper and Lower Eyelids including Fat Transposition surgical techniques.
Case Study #2: Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery to reduce eye area puffiness and rejuvenate the face
Are you a good candidate for Eyelid Fat Transposition techniques and eyelid skin reduction surgery?
- Are your eyes looking angry or tired?
- Do you suffer from lax orbital muscles, drooping eyelids and fatty bulges under your eyes?
- Do you want to reduce your puffy-looking eye bags?
- Are you keen to fix the “dark shadow effect” under your eyes?
- Are you good health and a non-smoker?
- Have you read the surgery planning eBooks and Blepharoplasty guides?
- Do you understand that results vary from patient to patient?
- Do you know how to help speed up your recovery process?
- Are you familiar with Blepharoplasty Surgery RISKS?
- Have you watched Amea’s VIDEOS about eyelid surgery recovery and scars?
- Are you read to book a consultation to get recommendations about your best eyelid surgery OPTIONS AND to get a price quote?
For more information about treating your under eye bags or reducing eye lid puffiness, droopiness (Ptosis) and under eye circles, send a confidential enquiry form below or phone a Patient Care Coordinator during Clinic Hours on (03) 8849 1444.
- Phone 0388491444 to request a consultation with Dr Benjamin Burt, FACS/FRANZCO to see more before and after photos.
- Visit the PHOTO example pages for eyelid surgery.
- Ask a Patient Care Team Member WHICH EVENTS Dr Burt is speaking at in Melbourne – RSVP to attend (no charge).
- Download a surgery guide
- Read the surgery planning and Recovery eBooks.
Note that all invasive surgery carries risks and results vary from patient to patient. Be sure you read and understand the risks, costs and consent information before proceeding. Second opinions are recommended.