Cost of Plastic Surgery in Melbourne: How much will your cosmetic procedure cost?
What’s good to know when you’re looking at costs of Plastic Surgery.
- Surgery is an important endeavour and should not be taken lightly.
- Not only does all surgery carry risks, you only have ONE body and ONE face.
- Some things can’t be fixed if you choose a Surgeon who ‘gets it wrong’
- There are many news stories about overseas surgery disasters and discounted cosmetic surgery offers performed by doctors without proper Plastic Surgery qualifications.
- Not all Surgeons have FRACS qualifications (Surgery qualifications)
- Examples: a GP who decides to perform Tummy Tuck surgery; a Dermatologist skin disease doctor who decides to perform Breast Augmentation surgery – and nearly anyone can say they are a cosmetic surgeon but Plastic Surgeon is a protected medical title.
- If you’ve been following news stories, you’ll know that you are WISE to choose a highly experienced, FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon with hospital operating privileges.
Why choose a FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon?
- Because they have advanced surgical skills and extensive training and qualifications in cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures that took approximately 12 years in total to attain, NOT simply a weekend long course or a year long course in cosmetic surgery after studying a different area of medicine (e.g., general medicine or skin cancers).
- In other words, FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeons have made plastic cosmetic surgery their LIFE’S work and life’s mission.
Our Specialist Surgeons didn’t study something else like skin diseases or ear, nose and throat surgery – instead, they dedicated over a decade or more to perfecting their skills BEFORE going into practice (and our Surgeons have several decades of surgery expertise in cosmetic procedures for breast, body, nose and face as well as loyal patients who refer their friends and family members because they had good surgery experiences and felt highly cared for at every step of their surgery journeys).
Plastic Surgeons are often the most rigorously trained and highly skilled surgeons (as a group) when it comes to performing precision cosmetic surgery.
Cost of Surgery: so why does Cosmetic Plastic Surgery range in price?
Cost of Plastic Surgery varies from patient to patient because every patient’s physique and surgery requirements are unique.
- It’s important to remember that not all Surgeons approach surgery with the precision that our Surgeon’s aim for when planning and performing a cosmetic procedure.
- Neither are Surgeons identical in HOW they approach a particular cosmetic procedure.
- Our Surgeons customise their procedures to suit each individual patient’s physiques, skin health and skeletal contours.
With the bespoke surgery service we offer, each surgery is fully customised and hence, prices vary according to what the Surgeon believes will best meet the patient’s concerns and objectives.
Price Ranges of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Melbourne
There’s usually a price range estimate for each Cosmetic Surgery procedure; however, because plastic surgery is often complex, and because every patient is so unique, only an in-person consultation can get you an estimate of the cost of surgery.
- To book a confidential consultation with one of Melbourne’s top Specialist Plastic Surgeons, phone (03) 8849 1444 today or send us an enquiry form (at the bottom of this page).
Every Plastic Surgeon has a unique style of performing surgery as Cosmetic Surgery is both a science and an aesthetic art.
- There is an element of artistic design to all cosmetic plastic surgery procedures
- A good Plastic Surgeon will take into account your overall physique or facial features when planning surgery and aims for a harmonious, aesthetically enhanced result (and our Surgeon’s aim for ‘natural looking’ results that look balanced).
- A Surgeon who is vested in your long-term results will discuss how you can optimise your results and maintain them over time (your skin will, however, age, breast prosthesis have an estimated 10 year life span, and life events will impact your surgery results over time).
- We go the extra mile to offer you a premium experience – whereas not all Surgeons offer the post-surgery healing packs, post-op garments, scar management treatments and follow-up care that we offer our patients.
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Costs, Prices, Payments & Quotes: Know what you’re getting when comparing Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Costs
- If you’re comparing quotes for cosmetic surgery, be sure to ASK what’s included in your Quote (things to look for: is it being performed by a genuine local Specialist Plastic Surgeon [FRACS] or a less trained doctor? Is it being performed in a hospital setting or a back room of a clinic? Is it going to be “awake surgery” or genuine Anaesthetic? Does the quote include follow up including Rapid Recovery packs, Healite II treatments, post-op garments, scar treatments and reviews?).
Visit our payments page if you want to know what forms of payment we accept for Plastic Surgery and WHEN your payment will be due once you’ve booked your procedure.
Costs of Plastic Surgery in Melbourne by our Specialist Plastic Surgeons: Bespoke Services
- We offer highly customised, bespoke plastic surgery services because we aim to optimise each patient’s individual results.
- At our Clinics, we do not offer a ‘cookie cutter’ type of discount cosmetic surgery
- NOR do we aim for a production-line style of ‘cheap & quickly done’ procedures
- Quality Care & Excellent Experiences
- Quality also counts – we also insist on using quality prosthetics (breast implants) rather than those of a questionable duration or less well-recognised manufacturer.
- We opt for 14 points of safety including minimal handling of an implant (ask your Surgeon).
- Our whole team strives for patient care excellence and high quality service
We also strive for long-lasting results – not all Surgeons do this.
- We aim for long-lasting, natural looking and aesthetically balanced results with minimal scars.
- We stay away from ‘quick fix’ types of cosmetic procedures that are unproven or unlikely to be long lasting.
- We give you TIPS for making the most of your surgery results and sustaining them for as long as possible.
We communicate and collaborate.
We view Cosmetic Plastic Surgery as a collaborative effort; meaning we each have a role to play in your results.
- We aim to educate patients about their procedures and what their choices involve when they decide they want to have cosmetic plastic surgery.
- We also clearly outline what will help you heal and recover as well as how to minimise your scars and minimise your risks of complications (for example, consider Healite II after surgery, DO NOT smoke, wear the right garments, get help at home and ALLOW adequate time for healing and recovery after your surgery).
- Following pre-op and post-surgery instructions is crucial to getting a good result from cosmetic plastic surgery.
Book a consultation to get your Custom Quote for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery – Phone (03) 8849 1444 today.
During or shortly after a confidential surgery consultation with one of our Melbourne Team’s top Specialist Surgeons, you’ll receive a CUSTOM SURGERY QUOTE for the cosmetic surgery procedure(s) you are interested in exploring further or scheduling a date to have performed.
- We can give you a range over the phone, but the cost of Plastic Surgery varies from patient to patient because every patient’s physique and surgery requirements are unique. The only way to get the estimated price is to actually meet with one of the Specialist Surgeons at our Practice (Melbourne, Berwick or Williamstown).
It’s important to remember that not all Surgeons approach surgery with the precision that our Surgeon’s aim for during cosmetic plastic surgery.
- Neither are Surgeons identical in how they approach a cosmetic procedure.
- Every Surgeon has a unique style of performing surgery as Cosmetic Surgery is both a science and an aesthetic art.
- Not all Surgeons offer post-surgery healing packs, Healite II treatments, scar management treatments and follow-up care.
Be sure you know what you’re getting when comparing Plastic Surgery Costs or Cosmetic Surgery Quotes
- If you’re comparing quotes, be sure to ask what’s included in your Quote (examples: a genuine Specialist Plastic Surgeon or a less trained doctor, a hospital setting or a back room, awake surgery or genuine Anaesthetic, Rapid Recovery packs, Healite II treatments, post-op garments, scar treatments and follow-up).
- Be sure you visit with at least one FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon (and only choose one you feel comfortable with and have researched to know if they are genuine Specialist Plastic Surgeons).
Summary of Costs of Plastic Surgery at our Melbourne based Clinics:
- Our Surgeons do NOT offer a ‘cookie cutter’ type of services.
- We aim for long-lasting, natural looking and aesthetically balanced results with minimal scars.
- We offer highly customised, bespoke plastic surgery services because we aim to optimise the outcomes of our patient’s individual results.
- We see Surgery as a collaborative effort; meaning we each have a role to play in your results – and that following pre-op and post-surgery instructions is crucial to getting a good result from cosmetic plastic surgery.
Get YOUR quote and meet our TEAM of Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne (we also have an Eyelid Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, an Oculoplastic Surgeon).
Phone (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form today (below).
During or shortly after a confidential surgery consultation with one of our Team’s top Surgeons, you’ll receive a custom QUOTE for the procedure(s) you are interested in exploring. Be sure you’ve asked all questions and understand the procedure, risks and recovery time required. To schedule your surgery, pick an available date and pay the surgery date deposit. If you weren’t sure it was the right Surgeon for you and you’d like to see one of our other Surgeons in our group, phone Michelle on (03) 8849 1444. Please note there is a cooling off period of 7 days, and your surgery needs to be paid for 2 weeks in advance of your surgery date. Be sure you follow all preparation recommendations and post-op instructions carefully to enable an optimal result.