Paying for your Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery Costs Vary. Payment methods for surgery include using cash, credit cards or bank transfer methods.
Payment Methods for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery by our leading Melbourne Surgeons
- Our practice accepts direct deposits, credit card payment (Visa OR Mastercard), bank cheques & cash
- A deposit of $1000 is required to secure your surgery date
- Full payment for your surgery must be received at least two weeks prior to your scheduled surgery
PLEASE NOTE: Our practice is NOT a credit provider. We provide NO advice in relation to your situation and paying for cosmetic surgery.
Plastic Surgery Costs & Payment methods (Overview)
Payment Option A: Saving Up Before Your Operation
Surgery Savings Plans can help you SAVE up for Cosmetic Surgery/Plastic Surgery
- Special Purpose SAVINGS Funds may be an option OR
- Pay your home Mortgage down and redraw when ready to have your surgery
Payment Option B: Using Your Existing Resources
Costs and Payment Methods for Surgery
Every surgery is unique and we provide patients with custom Quotes.
If you’re comparing quotes, ask your Surgeon or Nurse what’s included AND know that some types of Surgeons are higher trained and more experienced than other types of surgeons. There’s a difference between a cosmetic and plastic surgeon, for example. Look for FRACS to know you’ve got the right Surgeon who’s recognised as a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon by APHRA (the regulatory authority). A plain “cosmetic surgeon” is NOT the same as Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Ask!
- Quality plastic surgery done by experienced plastic surgeons can be costly.
- Our specialist Plastic Surgeons don’t cut any corners when it comes to your safety and getting a quality surgical result.
- We accept cash, credit cards or bank transfer for payment of your consultation booking fee, visits and Surgery deposits/booking invoices.
Three Alternative Ways To PAY for Plastic Surgery
1. START A SPECIAL PURPOSE SAVINGS FUND FOR YOUR SURGERY
Special Purpose SAVINGS Funds may be an option for patients who want to save up in the months or years before their surgery.
- Visit www.finder.com.au/savings-accounts.
- Your choice special purpose savings accounts with ING, Bankwest, ME Bank, St George, HSBC, Bank of Melbourne, Rabobank or BankSA.
2. SAVE YOURSELF HOME LOAN INTEREST BY SAVING YOUR FUNDS OFF YOUR HOME LOAN
Save up and save interest on your home loan:
Just pay your home mortgage down and redraw when ready to have surgery.
3. EARLY WITHDRAWAL FROM YOUR SUPERANNUATION FOR PLASTIC SURGERY
Are you SAVING UP for your life-changing surgery? Maybe Your Super Fund can Help!
Several recent plastic surgery patients have been able to access their Superannuation Funds to pay for their own life-changing surgery. There is a special government process to follow and many forms to fill out, but it could be a possibility.
This may be most likely to apply to:
- breast reduction
- body lift surgery (after significant weight loss).
Under exceptional circumstances, the Department of Human Services (DHS) will assess early super fund access on ”compassionate grounds”, which include medical procedures to treat life-threatening illnesses and chronic pain. Your Super fund will make the final decision to release the money. Note that not all super funds permit early access of super benefits on these grounds, so you should check with your super fund before applying.
You can find further information on the requirements, including documentation, by visiting the DHS website: www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation
Next steps on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Specialist Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our ur Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator. Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400 during Clinic Hours.
*Disclaimer: Information about payment methods or payment methods on our surgery website is for general information purposes only. It has been compiled without taking into account your personal situation, financial needs or responsibilities. Before acting on payment methods or payment information for your surgery, you should consider its appropriateness, having regard to your individual payment methods situation and needs. The information on this website is no substitute for payment method advice.
Visit our Downloadable Guides page for more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.