Nose Reshaping for Handsome, Attractive, and Natural Looking Features
Have you ever felt ashamed of the shape and proportions of your nose? Has a nose injury caused you to feel self-conscious or unhappy with your facial appearance? If so Rhinoplasty (or Nose Job) may be able to help you regain confidence. The nose is a key facial feature and often a focal point of one’s appearance, our Surgeons know this and strive to help you get an attractive, balanced & natural looking nose that compliments your other facial features.
Rhinoplasty, nose reshaping surgery or a ‘nose job’, is one of the most requested Plastic Surgery procedures for men in Australia.
Our group of highly skilled Plastic Surgeons, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Tom Robbins, Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Geoff Barnett, have over a century of experience between them and are able to perform Nose Surgeries for a large variety of facial types.
Rhinoplasty Surgery for a Better Looking Nose
Your nose has a huge effect on your appearance.
Your nose’s size, shape, proportions and symmetry go a long way to establishing your appearance.
Your nose also has a big impact on your identity and your personality. It may be so prominent that people recognise your profile instantly, or tease you about it.
- Everyone may reassure you it’s fine, but you’re still not happy with it
- It might seem too big, too thin, too wide or too small for your face, or bent, bumpy, misshapen or injured
- You may have disliked your nose for many years or even decades and finally decide to get Surgery to change it
Does your nose ‘say’ a lot about who you are to others?
Other than your eyes, your nose is often one of the key facial areas that other people notice when they see your face.
Do you suffer from a nose that doesn’t fit your face?
If you feel your nose is either too large, crooked, prominently out-of-balance or simply too distinctive for your personal tastes, or if you injured your nose, you can reshape your nose by undergoing Rhinoplasty surgery with one of our highly-qualified Plastic Surgeons.
If you find yourself extremely unhappy with the shape or size of your nose in photos or when looking in the mirror, a Rhinoplasty can help.
Our Rhinoplasty Specialists are highly-regarded for their complex surgery expertise.
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
Send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
When Should I Consider Rhinoplasty Specialist Surgery?
Do you suffer from:
- An overly pronounced or prominent nose?
- Unattractive nostrils that are too big, wide or small?
- An unsightly Bump or Dorsal Hump on your nose?
- A deviated septum or two bumps on end of your nose?
- Snoring problems from a congested nose?
- Trouble breathing through your nose?
- An injured or broken nose?
- A crooked or bent nose or an uneven nose tip ?
Has this caused you to:
- feel less self confident?
- snore excessively?
- feel unhappy with your nose?
- not like photos of yourself?
- feel unhappy with your nose?
- to be teased about your nose?
- want a different nose?
- Is your nose a concern for you in relation to your facial appearance?
- Are you self-conscious about your side-view profile?
- Do you avoid being photographed from the side?
- Are you being mercilessly teased about your nose?
- Are comments being made by insensitive people about your nose, but they’re still getting under your skin?
- Do you have trouble breathing easily?
- Do you snore excessively?
- Are you always avoiding cameras or being photo-shy?
- Do you feel increasingly unhappy about the appearance of your nose or side-on profile in photographs?
- Do you think you’d feel more self confident if you had a more facial-complementary nose?
- Are you experiencing unwanted attention (or teasing and bullying) about your nose or facial profile?
Common reasons people choose Rhinoplasty Surgery
The reason people choose surgery for nose reshaping or refinement are individual. The important thing is to be doing it for yourself, not to please anyone else, and to be fully informed about the surgery and healing process.
Some of the common reasons people choose to have their nose reshaped through surgery are:
- Bumps: Unsightly bump or ‘Dorsal Hump’ on the nose
- Nose Tip: doesn’t match rest of nose or face
- Size: Very prominent nose or a narrow nose bridge
- Shape: Nose shape or size that others comment on regularly or that you feel overly self-conscious about
- Balance: A nose that appears ‘out of sync or proportion’ compared to your other features
- Appearance: a nose that you feel is too wide or too thin
- Nostrils you feel are unattractive because they are either very large, overly wide, or relatively narrow or small?
Health or medical reasons you may consider nose reshaping surgery
- A previous botched nose job surgery
- A previously injured or broken nose
- A crooked, bent or ‘sideways-set’ nose
- Snoring problems from a constantly congested nose
- Difficulty breathing through your nose
- A deviated septum or collapsed nasal bridge
- Two noticeable bumps on the end of the nose
If you’re not happy with the shape or size of your nose, you’re definitely not alone
Do you feel that you have a nose that doesn’t suit your other facial features?
Is your nose a concern for you in relation to your side-on (side-view) profile?
Rhinoplasty nose-refinement Surgery can help.
Our Rhinoplasty Specialists are highly-regarded for their complex surgery expertise.
Please contact us today using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
How Nose Reshaping Surgery Can Help You
A Life Changing Surgery for Rhinoplasty Patients
A Rhinoplasty procedure can help you to have:
- a nose that better complements your other facial features
- a harmonised or more balanced facial appearance
- less self-consciousness about being filmed from the side
- more confidence about how you look from different angles
- better sleep if a deviated septum is repaired
The changes to your appearance from having a more-balanced or attractively shaped nose after Rhinoplasty may be quite significant.
The spike in confidence you will have after healing from your Surgery is often difficult to fully appreciate before your Nose Job Surgery.
You might be surprised how much of a difference it makes.
But for some patients, the change in appearance can be quite challenging. Some people have more of their identity linked with their nose than they realise so you want to be certain this is what you want before you engage with a nose reshaping procedure.
This is a very complex procedure requiring adept surgical skills and decades of nose surgery experience. Be sure to choose a highly qualified Plastic Surgeon.
So whilst some patients will love their new noses and some take more time to adapt to the changes to their overall appearance, for most patients, it’s something they have longed to do since an early age; to get a different or better-looking nose.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery for Nose Reshaping & Facial Harmonisation
Rhinoplasty patients report
- Having a nose that better matches their face
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- Easier breathing
- Less snoring and snorting
- Looking and feeling great
- Taking more selfies
Every individual is unique and every surgery is also unique.
Planning and communication are crucial to getting the result you want, but it is also important that you and your Surgeon discuss having realistic expectations.
It can help to look at your Surgeons in-clinic Before & After photos of Rhinoplasty Patients and it is important to recognise that individual results and healing times vary.
Depending on your procedure, it could also be several months before you see the full result of your nose reshaping surgery (or ask about the Rapid Recovery Rhinoplasty methods).
If you’re not happy with the way your nose looks or want to repair it after an injury, please contact us to book a confidential consultation to discuss the surgical possibilities for reshaping your nose.
Asian Rhinoplasty and Nose Augmentation Rhinoplasty
If you are seeking Revision Asian Rhinoplasty or Asian Nose Augmentation, our Surgeons can help.
The ‘Nose Job’ Procedure (Rhinoplasty Surgery)
Rhinoplasty, sometimes known as a ‘Nose Job’ is a procedure that reshapes the nose.
A Rhinoplasty can also change the overall size of the nose.
Like all complex surgery, the description of each procedure is simple, but very small variations in technique and approach have a huge influence on your final outcome.
A Rhinoplasty is not actually one procedure, it is a number of procedures that go into reshaping your nose to a more balanced shape whilst not impinging on your nose’s functionality.
You will benefit greatly from choosing a highly-accredited Plastic Surgeon who is a Rhinoplasty specialist and has years of experience giving people the noses they always wanted.
Our leading Plastic Surgeons & Oculoplastic Specialist are all highly-experienced expert Surgeons.
They offer high quality services and patient care excellence including:
- Precise surgical skills
- Decades of expertise in nose reshaping procedures
- High-quality pre-surgery planning & post-operative healing strategies.
What is the Pre Surgery Process?
All surgeries are serious, and at our practice, our Plastic Surgery Specialists place a strong emphasis on patients feeling fully informed, including the surgery process, the best healing strategies and the recovery period, all of which are very individual and vary from patient to patient.
Our Rhinoplasty Specialist Surgeons will help you understand nose reshaping procedures, including the differences between open Rhinoplasty or closed Rhinoplasty and how to best approach your recovery time.
Because Nose Reshaping will likely have a great and positive impact on your life and confidence levels, your Surgeon will help you to visualise the changes before you proceed.
They can help you visualise your newly reshaped nose using before and after images, physical models, photo manipulation & 3D computer modelling.
It is possible for patients to choose a shape or profile for their nose prior to surgery. The final post-surgical result is unlikely to be an absolutely perfect match with pre-surgical planning, but in most cases it will be very close.
Once you feel completely comfortable with the likely outcome, which can vary as healing processes are influenced by many factors, and once you have discussed all of the available options for getting a more balanced nose to match your face, then the planning for your Rhinoplasty Surgery Procedure will begin.
The good news is that our Surgeons are highly experienced in getting individuals natural looking, aesthetically pleasing results for Rhinoplasty and other facial & body surgeries.
Hospital Surgery and Anaesthetic for Your Nose Surgery/Rhinoplasty
Anaesthetic: The majority of patients have their nose surgery under a general anaesthetic. It is possible to perform Rhinoplasty under sedation and local anaesthetic, but this should only occur if there are other considerations that make a general anaesthetic undesirable.
Options: Rhinoplasty can be a day procedure at a local private hospital or with a short hospital stay. Your Surgeon will be able to advise you on your options.
Types of Rhinoplasty Procedures
Cosmetic Nose Reshaping, Septoplasty Surgery, Open or Closed Rhinoplasty Surgery
Septoplasty Surgery for Improved Breathing
For patients who suffer from reduced air flow or have trouble breathing through their nose a procedure called Septoplasty may be appropriate.
Septoplasty allows a surgeon to move or correct the wall between the nostrils and the inner hard structures inside the upper part of the nose to improve breathing.
Open Rhinoplasty Surgery
A more common and generally more accurate approach to altering the shape of the nose is the open approach (Open Rhinoplasty).
In an open rhinoplasty a short incision is made across the central part of the base of the nose (columella). The skin of the nose is then elevated and the underlying cartilage and nasal bones can then be viewed and reshaped directly.
The surgeon uses a series of small, highly specialised tools to carve and shape the underlying structures.
Closed Rhinoplasty Surgery
In some cases, a Rhinoplasty is performed through small incisions that are kept within each nostril.
This is a so-called ‘Closed Rhinoplasty’. The advantage of a closed approach is that any scars are fully concealed inside the nostril.
The disadvantage is primarily that the surgeon is operating through a tiny hole with only indirect access to the complex structures inside the nose.
We also provide you with a Rapid Recovery Kit which contains proven recovery facilitation products (‘science’) and feel good gifts (‘love’) so that you can make the most of your post-op healing & recovery time.
Rhinoplasty Expectations and Results
The final result from a Rhinoplasty surgery is highly dependent on the skill of the Surgeon.
An experienced and highly-qualified Plastic Surgeon can help you understand what will give you a naturally enhanced appearance to balance or harmonise your facial features or side-on face profile.
By planning for changes as the face and tissues age, our expert Surgeons can ensure that you will look great – not just tomorrow, but well into the future.
Depending on the degree and area of reshaping required, your surgeon may reinforce part of the nose using small grafts of cartilage from other areas.
This helps prevent the ‘hollow’ or ‘droopy’ noses that some individuals experienced in early nose job surgeries of the past.
Our advanced surgeons will customise your nose reshaping surgery to provide the best results for your appearance and specific nose appearance or nose injury surgical repair concerns.
Thinking about what your nose will look like in 10, 20 or even 30 years will also allow our highly-skilled surgeons to modify your nose in ways that will look natural, healthy and visually pleasing for many years to come.
Their precise planning, patient-focus and surgical expertise can help give you the best nose surgery results to enhance your facial structures and aesthetic preferences and avoid risks of costly revisions.
Your Nose Surgery Recovery
Rhinoplasty Recovery & Healing Time
In general, staying overnight in a good hospital provides for optimal pain relief & readily accessible nursing care in your vital early post-surgical phase.
The immediate post-surgical experience for many patients after a Rhinoplasty can be uncomfortable.
Being in hospital means you will have all the support you need in what can be a vulnerable period.
At our practice our job isn’t over until you are happy, healed and enjoying your new appearance. That means we care about what happens after surgery too.
The way your Surgeon approaches surgery will have an enormous effect on the way you heal and how you feel during recovery. It may seem simple, but being gentle and taking a minimally disruptive approach to surgery often makes all the difference.
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty surgery usually takes around three to four weeks.
- Once the surgery itself has healed it may take up to a year for the nose to settle into its final appearance.
The distinction is important, because although the surgical site heals quite quickly the underlying bone and cartilage will take time to fully settle.
- After surgery tapes and a splint are applied to the nose to offer support and help reduce swelling.
- The splint remains in place for about a week.
- The nasal tapes are left for a few more days after the splint has been removed.
Some Rhinoplasty patients will have more elaborate splints in place – these are often based on plaster or a similar material.
The splints and tape protect your nose and support its new shape until it is partially healed.
After your tapes are removed it is important to take time to gradually get back to your normal activities. Activities such as vigorous exercise or playing sports are NOT recommended for three to four weeks after surgery.
It is very important to avoid anything that risks trauma to the healing nose.
Caring for children and pets is also something that it helps to plan for in advance.
Your Nurse Advisor can give you some tips that will make your recovery process easier.
How We Help You With Recovery and Healing
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
To help facilitate your Nose Job recovery, Our Melbourne Rhinoplasty Recovery & Healing protocols include:
- Healite II (LED light therapy to speed your recovery) – an award winning new technology
- Rapid Recovery Packs (‘Science & Love’) with scientifically proven best-practice surgery healing aids and ‘holistic care’ products
If you have a skin type prone to scarring, you’ll be glad to hear that scar minimisation is one of our top priorities.
Our Surgeons offer the latest in Scar Minimisation Technologies
The scar from an open Rhinoplasty is usually quite small and is very inconspicuous, even without cover-up makeup or mineral powders.
It is possible, however, that some patient scars will be somewhat more prominent.
Our Plastic Surgeons offer Rhinoplasty patients a complimentary course of Healite II healing treatments OR Fraxel Laser scar reduction treatments, should these be recommended to get you the best scar minimisation or healing result.
Fraxel Laser Treatment for Scar Minimisation
In the vast majority of Rhinoplasty nose surgery cases, Fraxel treatment simply isn’t called for.
However, if you need OR simply want laser treatment, our Team is happy to provide this for you.
We also provide all Rhinoplasty patients a ‘Rapid Recovery Pack‘ (the ‘Science & Love’ pack) which contains numerous items and suggestions intended to ease your recovery and promote your healing experience.
Pleasing and Natural Looking Results from a Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) Plastic Surgery
Choosing experienced Plastic Surgeons can help you get a natural, pleasing nose shape that enhances your ENTIRE facial appearance, from all angles.
After your recovery process, you’ll find your newly re-shaped nose is in balance with your other facial features and facial profile goals.
Risks Of Surgery
What are the Risks and Possible Complications?
Any surgery poses a certain amount of risk and potential complications.
Common side effects include bruising and swelling.
The shape of the nose may change over time, and the final result may not be realized for a few months.
It is highly important that you choose the best possible Rhinoplasty Specialist surgeon to minimise risks associated with your procedure.
Risks of Surgery can include:
General Anaesthesia – Most healthy patients respond well to general anaesthesia as modern techniques are very safe. Our team will provide you with the details of your anaesthetists prior to your surgery to discuss any specific concerns.
Bleeding (Haematoma) – This may require a visit to the operating theatre to remove the blood clot.
Infection – Your Surgeon will prescribe you with antibiotics and monitor you closely.
Delayed Wound Healing – Your Surgeon and Nurse advisor will manage the healing process. This usually occurs within patients who are overweight, smokers or who have an infection.
Fluid build-up (Seroma)
Scarring – Initially there is almost always some contour issues or puckers. These settle over the months but sometimes may require a small revision often under local anaesthetic. Scars continue to mature and improve for up to 18 months after surgery.
Numbness – This will occur 100% of the time and mostly settles over the months and up to 1-2 years.
Asymmetry – There may be irregular ridges and crease to both sides. Scars may be slightly different on your right compared to you left side.
Pain – This will be managed appropriately with pain medications and prompt aftercare.
All successful surgery outcomes are the result of realistic expectations of the patient, realistic surgical goals and the knowledge of possible risks and complications. Nothing is ever guaranteed in science and medicine.
Risks are minimised through careful patient screening and planning, high standards of surgical training, meticulous surgical technique and vigilant post-operative care.
Small, less serious issues are common and every effort is made to resolve them quickly.
These rarely have long term effect on an excellent final result.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
The information we provide is of a general nature.
To find out what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full-history and surgical consultation. Read more about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer Page.
Before & After Images of Surgery Results For Rhinoplasty Procedures
Visit our Before and After photographs of some of our Nose Reshaping surgery patients.
Please send a confidential enquiry form today to arrange to see our images in our Clinic and meet our Nurse Team for your selected Surgeon.
Leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Rhinoplasty Procedures
The Nose Reshaping Specialists in Melbourne
Choose from FOUR of Melbourne’s highly experienced Plastic Surgeons for your Rhinoplasty Surgery.
Our Melbourne based Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Facial & Nose Reshaping or Nose Reconstruction Surgery include Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Tom Robbins and Dr Richard Maxwell. Our Surgeons are also highly skilled in Revisional Rhinoplasty procedures which are highly complex.
Leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Rhinoplasty ‘Nose Job’ Procedures
We can reshape your Nose
Melbourne-based Facial & Nose Surgery Plastic Surgeons Our Team of Specialists, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Tom Robbins and Dr Geoff Barnett are our team’s leading Rhinoplasty Specialists for nose reshaping surgery.
Having helped hundreds of patients gain confidence about their facial features and side-view profiles by reshaping their noses through Rhinoplasty, many patients tell their Surgeons, afterwards, that they “only wished they’d done this sooner”
Send an Enquiry form today to see how we can help, or phone us during Clinic hours to schedule an appointment with one of our Specialist Nose Reshaping Surgeons. If you phone us on (03) 8849 1400, ask for a Patient Care Advisor.
Please note: Surgeons consultations involve a fee, but you can choose instead to meet with a Surgeon’s Nurse and discuss the nose job procedure before proceeding.
Or you are most welcome to attend one of our free practice events to meet our leading Surgeons and their caring Surgery Support Team.
Why Choose Our Leading Australian Plastic Surgeons?
- Our Surgeons are known for their precision surgical skills & excellence in patient care
- They are Plastic Surgeons who have performed hundreds of Rhinoplasty Procedures for highly satisfied patients
- They have full qualifications and have trained in Australia and in many overseas locations including the USA, UK and France
- As Plastic Surgeons, they have higher qualifications & training in Aesthetic procedures than most other Surgeons
- Some other Surgeons perform more General types of surgery rather than specialised Face, Nose, Eye & Body Surgery
- Not all Surgeons are licensed or qualified to operate in Hospitals – they instead offer ‘back room discounted nose job procedures’
- We are regularly asked to do Revisions for people who had a ‘botched nose job’ either overseas through cheap nose job Medical Tourism or from a less-experienced Surgeon
Minimal Scarring and Best Practice Post-op Healing Protocols
Our leading Rhinoplasty Specialist Surgeons can help you get the Nose Shape you always wanted with Minimal Scarring and Best Practice Post-op Healing Protocols.
- Natural looking, pleasing results after healing from your Nose Job
- You’ll get best-practice recovery & Rhinoplasty healing recommendations to facilitate your Nose Job recovery
- We specialise in minimal scarring and scar minimisation strategies during & after your Surgery
- You won’t have the regrets that a number of patients experience when they choose discounted cheap Nose Job procedures
- We can help you get the nose you want the first time – rather than in a Revisional second costly surgery
Operating At Accredited Major Hospitals
Our highly skilled Nose Job Surgeons operate at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne to ensure patient safety & after care
- Our Rhinoplasty Surgeons operates in fully accredited hospitals (not back rooms), to prioritise your safety as a patient.
- Our Team uses only experienced Anaesthetists and a top Surgical Support Team for Rhinoplasty Procedures
- Our Plastic Surgeons & Surgery Care Team members are dedicated to providing best practice pre-operative planning & after care recommendations (be sure to follow your Surgeon’s instructions carefully both before & after your Nose Reshaping Surgery procedure)
- Some patients may also be suitable for Rapid Recovery Rhinoplasty approaches. Ask your Surgeon about your options.
The cost of Nose Job Surgery in Melbourne can vary significantly.
Surgery costs depend on your location, type of hospital chosen and your Surgeon’s education, skills and experience. Make sure that you choose your Surgeon carefully when shopping around for a Rhinoplasty on price.
Sadly, if your Surgeon has trimmed too much support structure from your nose, there is a potential for collapse of the airway. We fix many ‘botched nose jobs’ with Revision Rhinoplasty and the revision rate for Rhinoplasty has been reported as high as 15%.
The exact price of your Nose Job Surgery will reflect its complexity. Every nose is different and a Rhinoplasty operation can consist of up to 25 smaller operations – each is tailored and customised to you. Your Rhinoplasty surgery quote may also vary depending on whether your Surgeon uses your own (autologous) graft materials or a Rhinoplasty implant.
The price for a ‘non-surgical Rhinoplasty’ or ‘liquid nose job’ which involves using dermal fillers to expand your nose is also significantly less expensive than a traditional Rhinoplasty surgery. Most Surgeons will use a a TGA approved temporary-filler-solution or HA fillers, as permanent fillers are NOT recommended.
If you would like a Quote for your customised Rhinoplasty, please contact us to book a Surgeon Consultation by submitting the confidential Enquiry form.
Payment Options for Your Surgery Including Payment Plans
For more information about Pricing and Financing of your Rhinoplasty Surgery, please visit our Finance pages.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444.