Melbourne’s leading Neck Lift Plastic Surgeons
Have you found your neck getting lower as you get older? Did you loose a significant amount of weight but found yourself left with an unsightly sagging neck? As you age your neck and face tends to be the biggest sign of ageing as these areas are very susceptible to laxity, commonly accompanied by a drooping jaw line.
Our surgeons Dr Douglas McManamny (our facial rejuvenation specialist) and Our Specialist Team of Surgeons are our team’s leading Plastic Surgeons for neck lift and Z-lift surgery for men in Melbourne. They each have decades of experience behind them and strive to achieve a the most natural looking neck line and the best looking results.
Our surgeons operate in accredited Melbourne hospitals using only experienced anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff.
Consider Neck Lift Surgery to reduce excess or saggy skin under your chin
Have weight changes or getting older resulted in:
- looking heavier in the face despite not gaining weight?
- looking in the mirror and seeing a saggy, bulging neck?
- wanting to lose your unsightly “turkey neck” ?
Does a sagging, heavy neck or jowls:
- make it harder for you to do up collared shirts and ties?
- leave you feeling you look older or heavier than you really are?
- leave you with an ill-defined side-on profile or ‘double chins’?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then a consultation for a Neck Lift may well be a beneficial. It’s not just for vanity. Ideally (culturally), a man should have a masculine look – a strong jaw line and a crisp chin-neck junction. Having hanging skin with or without fat excess that obscures your strong jaw line can appear as premature ageing beyond your chronological age.
A neck lift can be a valuable tool to restore your appearance and convey youth and vitality. The Surgery is safe in the hands of a highly qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. The procedure is usually done as day surgery with little pain and downtime. Recovery is rapid and most patients can be out in social situations in about two weeks.
Neck Lift Procedure and Benefits
When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance or gives the appearance of premature ageing on a man, a Neck Lift surgery may be a good solution.
A Neck Lift or Lower Rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck such as:
- Excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face that creates jowls
- Excess fatty deposits under the chin
- Loose neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck, which created abnormal contours
The early loss of youthful contours in the face and neck can be due to a variety of factors, including genetics, gravity, weight fluctuations, environmental conditions and stress.
Some people feel they are not ready for a full face lift because the upper face is still pleasing. However, many patients have excess wrinkling of the neck skin or double chin, and jowl lines.
Neck Lift and Z Lift surgical patients have reported:
- A more youthful looking neck and chin area
- More comfortable wearing button-up shirts or ties
- Happier with their side-on profile
- More defined, masculine looking jaw
Complimentary Procedures Commonly Combined with Neck Lifts
Other popular Facial Rejuvenation procedures patients tend to ask for in conjunction with a neck lift include:
- a brow lift (to correct sagging or deeply furrowed brow)
- eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty (to rejuvenate puffy or droopy upper or lower eyelids)
- fat transfer (to add fullness to the face and reduce the appearance of wrinkles)
- other facial surgeries or skin revitalisation procedures (e.g., resurfacing or injectables)
Ask one of our specialist Plastic Surgeons about the potential of combined procedures.
Next steps: Learn more about getting a more defined jawline and younger-looking neck
If you want to learn more about your surgical options to reduce excess skin around your neck and jowls, please contact us to book a consultation with one of our leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Neck Lift and facial procedures. Contact us using an enquiry form or call (03) 8849 1400 to ask questions and organise a consultation with Dr Douglas McManamny or Our Specialist Team of Surgeons. Be sure to specify your preferred location (Hawthorn or Berwick).