Considering Plastic Surgery on your Abdominal area and Breasts? Many Mums want to get their bodies back to more like they were before they had children. A Mummy Makeover Surgery option can help you get a flatter tummy by repairing torn abs (correcting Diastasis Recti) and reducing excess skin; along with restoring the breasts and nipples to a more central location on the chest. Page last updated in November 2018.
Are you wanting a post-pregnancy ‘Mummy Make-Over’ for sagging tummy skin or droopy, empty looking breasts?
Plastic Surgery options may help you regain smoother, firmer body contour after having children. Surgery can help you rediscover a waistline contour and restore core ab strength after having children.
- Are you missing the firmness and contours of the body you had before you had children?
- Do you want to explore the figure-rejuvenating possibilities of Mummy Makeover surgery of the breast and tummy?
- Have you been pining to wear the new fashions and swimwear lines you don’t yet feel comfortable in?
- Do you wish you could feel like one of the ‘yummy mummy’s’ you read about in fitness articles or see on television?
Sometimes all the exercise in the world won’t help. If you have sagging, stretched out skin, or torn abs, the only way to correct for these conditions is through plastic surgery such as body contouring procedures (Abdominoplasty, Lipectomy and similar procedures with or without liposuction).
Our expert team of Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeons – offering cosmetic procedures and corrective Plastic Surgery – may be able to help you regain a body you feel more comfortable living in so that you can enjoy being a MUM PLUS still have a body you’re happy to live in.
Mummy Makeover Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Procedures are popular options to reshape your baggy tummy, saggy breasts or stubborn fat deposits after having children.
- We even have vaginal lasers to help treat post-pregnancy or post-menopausal urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness or laxity, or other female concerns after having children or undergoing other hormonal changes throughout your life.
- MonaLisa Touch – is available through Dr Tina Purdon at Coco Ruby – phone us for details 0388491444.
If you want to visit our Mummy Makeover Surgeons in one of our Top Melbourne Locations, phone our Specialist Plastic Surgeons Care Team members on (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a confidential appointment.
We’ll help you understand:
- what to expect
- what to consider including surgery costs and risks and recovery, scars and healing aids
- how you might benefit from by having Abdominoplasty or Breast Surgery to correct some of the post-baby body bulges you’d rather be living without.
Most common Mummy Makeover Surgeries | Melbourne
The two most commonly sought procedures for MUMS are breast surgery and Tummy Tuck surgery; there’s also LIPOSUCTION and other body contouring of the arms and thighs. If you want to know more about a breast lift, breast augmentation, breast implants and breast lift combined (augmentation-mastopexy), and breast reduction), nipple reshaping or nipple location restoration, and Abdominoplasty and liposuction procedures, we’re here to help.
- Body contouring can help you get a firmer, flatter tummy or perkier, uplifted breasts again.
- Choose from our top Mummy Makeover specialists on our team of Melbourne’s Specialist Plastic Surgeons
Why choose a breast lift, breast reduction, augmentation or tummy tuck procedure for your Mummy Makeover?
- Some women don’t mind the body, breast and skin changes that arise after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Other women are keen to try to ‘get their pre-baby body’ back to nearer the way it looked BEFORE the children came along (to the extent possible through surgery and other options such as non-surgical Fat Reduction).
- Others simply want to remove sagging tummy skin and uplift their breasts or nipples to where they were once located, before their children came along.
Mummy Makeover Surgery is often focused on the breast and tummy areas, but can include other procedures to help you remedy or contour specific areas of concern.
Our Melbourne-based team of Australian Specialist Plastic Surgeons are highly-regarded for their post–pregnancy body contouring and breast enhancement surgery expertise. They are highly experienced at performing natural-looking Breast Lift procedures (with or without Breast Implants), Breast Reduction procedures, Breast Implant Removal & Replacement and Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Body Contouring techniques.
Several of our team also highly experienced in liposuction/body contouring, facial surgery and nose reshaping. Find out which SURGEON is best for your specific surgery goals by phoning our Patient Care Coordinator team on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form today.
You can also read more about other related cosmetic surgery procedures on our Breast Pages.
Mummy Makeovers: When should I consider Breast and Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Has having kids ‘ruined’ your tummy, breasts or body contours?
- Are you having incontinence issues or lower-back related problems since giving birth?
- Does your tummy look like a deflated, overly-stretched balloon?
- Does a protruding stomach area leave you looking bumpy or feeling out of balance?
- Are you tired of breasts that look like empty sacks, or having southward-pointing nipples?
- Are you sick of excess flab on your upper arms- that some people call ‘bingo wings’ or ‘tuck shop arms’?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you might be a good candidate for a Mummy Makeover procedure.
Mummy Makeover Surgery is often suitable for Mums of All Ages.
- In the past, most Mums just lived with the changed bodies they ended up with after having children.
- But today, more Mums have options for getting their bodies back to a more contoured state after having children.
- Plastic Surgery advances can not only give your body a smoother contour, it can repair abdominal area damage, abdominal hernias and diastasis recti (torn abs) so you can be stronger and fitter again – reducing back pain and improving your exercise motivation as well!
- Patient experiences will vary, but many patients say they feel more motivated to stay fit once the skin rolls are reduced or once their breasts are firmly repositioned again versus drooping and ptotic.
Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 if you discovered that nothing you have done – including exercise and eating healthily – has worked to get your body back into the natural contours you want to re-experience after having children.
We will help you schedule the first steps to exploring your options for getting a flatter tummy again or a firmer breast area with a Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift or Breast Reduction.
Shown below is an illustration of the abdominal muscle repair such as may occur during a Tummy Tuck Surgery procedure by a skilled Specialist Plastic Surgeon (not just a cosmetic surgeon but a genuine Specialist fully qualified and with FRACS).
Our Surgeons can help you when exercise and nutritional changes fail to help you get your body firmness back again after having children.
- So if you’re missing the firmness, smoothness or position of your pre-baby breasts and tummy skin, our Surgeons can help.
- To get your BOUNCE back when you don’t bounce back naturally after having children, get in touch with a Patient Care Coordinator to see which of our Mummy Makeover Specialists and which procedures are right for you!
- Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 today! And ask for a confidential consultation with one of our Melbourne’s Team’s top Surgeons for Breast Surgery and Tummy Tuck – with handy locations in Berwick, Hawthorn East and Williamstown.
Please note that individual patient results from a Tummy Tuck or Breast Surgery can vary significantly.
Understand what’s involved and the risks before proceeding and DO know that life events may impact results (such as skin ageing, future pregnancies, weight changes or not following your Surgeon’s pre-operation and post-operation instructions).
Pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding can change your body in drastic, undesired ways. If you want to remedy what’s changed, find out what surgery CAN and CANNOT accomplish for you after having children.
Schedule a consultation to find out more including what’s involved with Surgery, what’s included with a Surgery Quote (we give our patients a lot of extras as we aim for the best-practice patient care methods available), and how we go the extra mile to get you a good result – including extra liposuction and extensive pre-planning and scar treatments to minimise your scars.
JUST ASK OUR TEAM:
Ask one of our leading Mummy Makeover Surgeons or a Patient Care Coordinators which specific procedures can help you to
- Restore your breast shape
- Correct sagging breasts and restore the nipple position to a more central location
- Reduce Breasts or Nipple Sizes
- Adjust your nipple appearance to its original, pre-breast-feeding size or location
- Revitalise your vaginal skin if it has suffered laxity after vaginal childbirth or after early menopause
- Repair your abdominal muscles which were damaged or torn during pregnancy and childbirth
- Which particular combination of cosmetic procedures will work for you, to meet your aims, is determined by a number of factors. Book a consultation in now to find out more: (03) 8849 1444.
If after hours, send an enquiry form and our Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men team (Hawthorn, Berwick & Williamstown) will get back in touch shortly.
Your Mummy Makeover Specialist Plastic Surgeon can discuss which specific combination will work to meet your needs.
A complete ‘Mummy Makeover’ might include:
- Tummy Tuck
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift)
- Liposuction or contouring
- Breast lift (with or without implants)
- Breast reduction
- Upper Arm Lift
- Inner Thigh Lift
- Vaginal tightening by MonaLisa Touch
- even a buttock lift (Brazilian Butt Lift)
Our Mummy Makeover team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons are:
To book your consultation send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Surgery Risks and Recovery
What are the Risks and Possible Complications?
Any surgery poses a certain amount of risk and potential complications.
Potential complications include, but are not limited to:
- poor scarring
- seroma (accumulation of fluid)
- implant issues (wrinkling, leakage, rupture)
- capsular contracture
Common side effects include bruising and swelling.
- The shape of the body and breast may change over time, and the final result may not be realized for a few months.
- It is highly important that you choose the best possible Melbourne Surgeon to minimise risks associated with your procedure.
Risks of Surgery can include but are not limited to:
General Anaesthesia – Most healthy patients respond well to general anaesthesia as modern techniques are very safe. Our team will provide you with the details of your anaesthetists prior to your surgery to discuss any specific concerns.
Bleeding (Haematoma) – This may require a visit to the operating theatre to remove the blood clot.
Infection – Your Surgeon will prescribe you with antibiotics and monitor you closely.
Delayed Wound Healing – Your Surgeon and Nurse coordinator will manage the healing process. This usually occurs within patients who are overweight, smokers or who have an infection.
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Fluid build-up (Seroma)
Scarring – (every effort is made to place the scar within the areas covered by high cut swimwear or underwear). Initially there is almost always some contour issues or puckers. These settle over the months but sometimes may require a small revision often under local anaesthetic. Scars continue to mature and improve for up to 18 months after surgery. Stretch marks may not all be removed or new ones may be created. You will receive 3 Fraxel Laser treatments approximately 8 weeks post-surgery to manage and improve scarring with our Dermal Clinician.
Numbness – This will occur 100% of the time and mostly settles over the months and up to 1-2 years.
Asymmetry – There may be irregular ridges and crease to both sides. Scars may be slightly different on your right compared to you left side.
Umbilical Malposition/Loss – This is a very rare complication and may require further surgery.
Pain – This will be managed appropriately with pain medications and prompt aftercare.
- All successful surgery outcomes are the result of realistic expectations of the patient, realistic surgical goals and the knowledge of possible risks and complications. Nothing is ever guaranteed in science and medicine.
- Risks are minimised through careful patient screening and planning, high standards of surgical training, meticulous surgical technique and vigilant post-operative care.
- Small, less serious issues are common and every effort is made to resolve them quickly.
- These rarely have long term effect on an excellent final result.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
The information we provide is of a general nature. To find out what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full-history and surgical consultation. Read more about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer Page.
Before & After Images of Surgery Results For Mummy Makeover procedures
Visit our Before and After photographs* of some of our Mummy Makeover surgery patients.
Please send a confidential enquiry form today to arrange to see our images in our Clinic and meet our Nurse Team for your selected Surgeon.
Melbourne’s Most Experienced Breast Plastic Surgeons
Our highly-experienced Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons for post-baby Body Contouring Surgery & Breast Rejuvenation procedures such as breast lifts include (L to R) Specialists Dr Craig Rubinstein, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Rebecca Wyten.
Our Leading Plastic Surgeons operate at accredited major hospitals in and around Melbourne using only experienced Anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff.
Why choose our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for your Mummy Makeover?
Our leading Melbourne Tummy Tuck Expert Plastic Surgeons are experts at the body and breast surgeries.
All of our Surgeons have over 20 years of surgical experience and extensive expertise in performing breast enhancement procedures including Breast Lifts, which are complex procedures requiring extensive measurements, surgical planning and high-level surgical skills
- Our Specialist Breast Lift Surgeons focus on providing you with:
- no drain procedures
- minimal scarring
- scar-reduction treatments using Fraxel (best practice standard for scar minimisation)
- getting you an excellent, long-lasting breast enhancement result
- Our Team are genuine masters in perforing precision complex procedures
Our Surgeons offer patients a high-quality consultation, precision surgical planning, extensive pre-surgical measurements and markups and long-lasting surgery results.
They can give you a firmer, more youthful look, and restore your body-confidence.
Our leading Australian Mummy Makeover Specialists regularly helps Mums restore their desired ‘pre-baby’ body contours.
With expert surgical precision, excess skin folds can be removed and abdominal tears repaired through an Abdominoplasty Surgery (Tummy Tuck).
Scar minimisation is managed by our specialist Dermal Clinicians and your Plastic Surgeon, often through Fraxel laser treatments.
Healite II treatments and Rapid Recovery Packages are also included with your Surgery procedure by one of our Leading Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons, who have decades of expertise at helping Mums regain their desired physiques and body contours.
Are your surgeons Plastic Surgeons or Cosmetic Surgeons – what’s the difference?
All of our six surgeons are qualified Plastic Surgeons – this is NOT the same as Cosmetic Surgeons. Our team of specialised surgeons target different areas of cosmetic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery and have decades of experience and training.
The difference between a Plastic Surgeon and a Cosmetic Surgeon is significant.
Anyone with an MBBS qualification (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) can call themselves a ‘cosmetic surgeon’, however they have not had the minimum 12 years of rigorous training that is required to become a Plastic Surgeon and most are not accredited to operate in leading hospitals (that’s why they operate in their backroom clinic or in day surgeries).
Some people calling themselves ‘cosmetic surgeons’ actually trained as dentists or dermatologists (Skin doctors).
Membership of RACS (Royal Australian College of Surgeons) means you are surgeon but you could be a Maxillofacial surgeon or ENT surgeon and may not have much expertise in Plastic Surgery.
Please choose a quality Plastic Surgeon that is accredited by a recognised association.
Look for membership of ASPS, ASAPS or ISAPS as a minimum qualification for your surgeon. These members are regarded as highly trained specialists in their field.
You should also choose an experienced plastic surgeon not a under qualified ‘cosmetic surgeon’ or physician.
Our boutique Clinic is located on Burwood Road in Hawthorn East. We also perform consults in Williamstown and Berwick.
Our boutique-style Hawthorn Clinic has onsite parking as well as free 2 hour street parking nearby.
We are conveniently accessible from Balwyn, Richmond, Hawthorn, Kew, Toorak, South Yarra, Brighton, Bentleigh, Glen Huntley, Malvern, Inner Eastern Suburbs, Bayside Melbourne, Sandringham, St Kilda, Melbourne CBD, North Melbourne, Ivanhoe, Eltham, and Yarra Valley VIC.
How Much Do Mummy Makeovers Cost?
Like any cosmetic surgery, Mummy Makeovers can vary greatly in price. Often this price directly reflects the quality of the surgery, as well as the thoroughness of the pre- and post-surgery care.
We believe in providing comprehensive, top-class procedures to every patient, in a way that makes them feel safe and confident.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or from your Specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our of Specialist Tummy Tuck Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator. Dr Richard Maxwell has a special surgical interest in Mummy Makeovers and combined procedures.