New light-based laser treatments are available for treating different types of vaginal discomfort, including dryness, atrophy, laxity and painful sex (dyspareunia). Mild incontinence and skin laxity may also be improved by a series of MonaLisa Touch Laser treatments for the vaginal area. So if YOU are suffering from common yet uncomfortable vaginal symptoms after pregnancy, menopause or radiation cancer treatments, including vaginal or labial skin laxity, dryness of the vaginal area and/or painful sex, our high-tech MonaLisa Touch laser treatments may be of help.
Laser Vaginal Tightening and Revitalisation with MonaLisa Touch
Best results from Vaginal Laser treatments using MonaLisa Touch technology often require 3 sessions spaced a month apart; with occasional maintenance treatments.
“MonaLisa Touch is an ideal treatment for patients suffering from Vulvovaginal Atrophy (VVA), also referred to as Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM). Symptoms of GSM include: vaginal dryness, vulvar dryness, vaginal itching, painful intercourse (dyspareunia) and painful urination (dysuria).
The MonaLisa Touch Procedure involves three short treatments at approximately 6 week intervals. There is minimal downtime and minimal side effects, no anesthesia, and symptom relief after only ONE treatment; but annual follow up treatments are recommended once a year. If you are a suitable candidate for treatment, each of the three initial treatments will take approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
ORGANISE A FREE 15 MINUTE PHONE CONSULTATION* TO LEARN MORE. Just send a confidential Enquiry form today to request a discussion about MonaLisa Touch treatments and whether these treatments may be suitable for your specific vaginal revitalisation or bladder leakage concerns.
Do you suffer urinary stress incontinence or bladder leakage problems?
Do you have:
- Difficulty controlling your bladder?
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (leakage when coughing or exercising)?
- Urgent feelings of a “need to pee” (known as “urge incontinence”)?
- Frequent night time urination?
- Light Bladder Leakage?
- Recurring Urinary Tract Infections or Thrush?
- Loss of libido (sexual desire) after childbirth or menopause ?
- Reduced or non-existent sexual satisfaction?
- Dryness or mild incontinence leading to less comfort during sexual intimacy?
Do you avoid sex or intimacy due to:
- Pain during sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia)?
- A stretched or loose Vagina after childbirth?
Do you have to use vaginal moisturisers or other creams and expensive lubricants because of:
- Vaginal atrophy due to ageing or collagen loss of the vaginal skin?
- Loss of vaginal elasticity or vaginal shortening?
- Vaginal dryness with burning and itching?
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
- Other vaginal problems?
Has this caused you:
- Inconvenience, embarrassment or pain?
- Loss of self confidence or femininity?
- Loss of interest in your Sex Life?
- Less intimacy in your Relationships?
- To miss your normal life before menopause or pregnancy?
- To look for an alternative to HRT vaginal creams and lubes?
Revolutionary vaginal revitalisation and laser vaginal tightening treatments using MonaLisa Touch technology
- The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser is a revolutionary, non-surgical, “walk in, walk out” 20 minute treatment for vaginal revitalisation, vaginal tightening and loss of elasticity.
- The treatment itself is almost painless, low risk and requires no downtime.
- It is suitable for most women and offers an alternative to suffering in silence or for some women, regular use of HRT creams.
- It has an effect on skin revitalisation or rejuvenation, by improving the skin’s elasticity and collagen levels as well as moisture levels, by stimulating renewal of the processes that wane with age (at the cellular level).
Benefits of MonaLisa Touch Treatment (Australia)
Our patients have reported:
- Feeling like a “woman” again
- Feeling much more feminine – just like before menopause
- An improved rejuvenated vagina – tighter and more lubricated
- Better sex, increased libido and more regular intimacy
- Improved relationships and marital harmony
- Reduced urge to urinate when stressed or rushed
- Less need to visit the toilet to pee – especially at night
- Less Urinary infections and thrush
- Less need to use HRT creams
We have found the MonaLisa Touch laser to be very effective for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation treatment, treating a range of common post-childbirth, pre and post-menopausal gynaecological issues.
Sometimes called “women’s troubles” or “female problems,” these can include vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy or laxity, urge or stress incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (Dyspareunia) and recurring urinary tract infections.
Find out for yourself what patients say about MonaLisa Touch treatments:
What are the MonaLisa Touch laser treatment benefits? MonaLisa Touch may improve dryness, laxity and even vaginal itchiness.
Patients treated with the MonaLisa Touch have reported an improvement in sexual relations and better orgasms as a result of improved vaginal tightness and increased vaginal lubrication.
Specific benefits of this vaginal laser treatment may include:
- increased tissue quality and elasticity
- increased blood flow to the vagina
- tightening of the vaginal canal
- skin rejuvenation of ageing, damaged, dry and or irritated vaginal area tissues
- potential assistance in normalising the pH of the vagina
- potential reduction in recurrent vaginal infections for many women
- restoration of a more ‘normal’ or revitalised vaginal environment
- improved tissue quality which also helps increase natural skin lubrication to promote more comfortable sexual intercourse
In suitable patients, the MonaLisa can effectively treat stress/urge incontinence, painful sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), vaginal atrophy, recurrent infections and itchiness, burning and/or dryness associated with menopause. It does not replace hormone replacement therapies or surgically installed mechanical supports for all women, but where appropriate offers a new less invasive and highly effective vaginal rejuvenation option.
Watch the international DEKA video on MonaLisa Patient Experiences (forward to 20 seconds):
How does the MonaLisa Touch Laser (Vagina Tightening and Rejuvenation) work?
MonaLisa Touch uses a non-surgical fractional laser system, very similar to the laser treatments that have long been available for facial rejuvenation. The laser works by optically splitting a laser beam into a series of very small dots. These dots of beam are aimed at the inside wall of the vagina or vaginal canal. The laser pulses for less than a tenth-of-a-second, during which the intensity of the laser is carefully varied by a computer to match the characteristics of the existing vaginal wall.
At the point of contact, the laser dot removes a tiny area of tissue. This creates a pinhole around the same size as the diameter of a human hair (minuscule). The pinhole stimulates the body to repair itself, which stimulates cells to create new, healthy tissue at the site of the dot and flesh immediately surrounding it.
The laser also works to heat the area between dots, stimulating the activity of specialised cells that create elastin and collagen – the building blocks of healthy tissue.
This process involves the same concepts as many facial rejuvenation procedures in terms of skin healing and collagen stimulation.
Results of MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser Treatments
Vagina surgery with MonaLisa leaves rejuvenated, elastic healthy tissue with minimal disruption. Improved blood flow and tissue tone reduces pain, improves sexual and urinary function and may increase sexual gratification.
Will MonaLisa Touch work for you – are you suitable?
It is important to understand that not all women are suitable for the MonaLisa Touch. Each patient must have a medical consultation to discuss and determine their suitability prior to undergoing treatment.
Patients suffering from significant prolapse (Grade 2 or above) may not be suitable as MonaLisa Touch is an ablative laser treatment. Please call (03) 8849 1450 to contact us if you have any specific questions around our vagina rejuvenation treatment.
MonaLisa Touch is not recommended for patients suffering from Lichen Sclerosis.
Although the MonaLisa Touch can offer similar results to hormone replacement therapy, some patients may still need to seek further treatment, surgery or medication to alleviate their symptoms.
Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men was one of the first plastic surgery practices in Australia to have a MonaLisa Touch Laser.
A patient trial of more than 60 women has demonstrated remarkable results – some described as “life-changing” – please ask to see some relevant results of the trial at your appointment with us.
Preparation for your MonaLisa Touch Treatment
All patients must meet with their practitioner for a Consultation prior to getting MonaLisa treatments. Prior to undergoing your MonaLisa treatment, you will need to have had a PAP smear and examination in the last 12 months showing no abnormalities. Please call or contact us if you have any questions about organising your pre-treatment PAP smear.
Who performs the treatment?
We have a female practitioner available to perform your MonaLisa Touch laser treatments.
Our Clinic “go to” Medical Professional for female health, post-pregnancy health and menopausal health is GP Dr Loretto Maxwell.
All practitioners operating the MonaLisa Touch laser have extensive experience in women’s health and have received thorough and specialised training in the MonaLisa Touch intra-vaginal laser system.
How long does vaginal treatment for incontinence, dryness or vaginal tightening take?
The treatment itself takes no longer than 15 minutes and is often done in 5 to 10 minutes (your initial history and consultation is typically at least 45 minutes long, so you must first have a consultation with your selected practitioner). The results are often seen in a short period of time, but optimal noticeable results usually occur after a series of evenly-spaced treatments (at least 3 are typically needed for optimal results).
Procedure details for laser treatments for vaginal concerns
At the start of your treatment(s), a swab will be inserted into your vagina to dry out the inside as much as possible prior to the insertion of the laser. This is the slightly uncomfortable part of the procedure.
The laser probe is then inserted into the vagina. You will feel a relatively low grade vibration inside the vaginal canal which is virtually painless for most women. This process lasts for around 5 minutes depending on your comfort levels, and the probe is then removed. Your treatment is complete and you will require three treatments about six weeks apart, and then one treatment annually as maintenance, or as required if you experience recurring symptoms that benefit from MonaLisa Touch treatment.
Downtime – how long will I take to recover?
As the MonaLisa Touch treatment is almost painless. You can return to your normal daily activities following your Treatments. However, strenuous exercise and very hot baths are not advised. You must also refrain from vaginal intercourse for 5 days after treatment in order to allow the vaginal canal surface to heal properly.
How many treatments are required?
Patient trials here and overseas have concluded that the best results (in most cases) are generally achieved from three MonaLisa treatments over 8 to 12 weeks.
- Most patients see a significant improvement after their first treatment
- Patients are encouraged to continue with the subsequent MonaLisa sessions as this ensures the most effective, longer-lasting results
- Results of MonaLisa Touch treatments are generally excellent
- Some patients have described the treatment as life-changing
- The extent of improvement varies between individual patients.
How long do MonaLisa Touch treatment results last?
Many of the symptoms treated by the MonaLisa Touch are associated with low hormone levels brought on by menopause. A continued lack of oestrogen production can lead to some symptoms returning down the track. Under the advice of our doctors, patients can have repeated vaginal rejuvenation treatments if their symptoms return.
How much does MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatment cost?
MonaLisa Touch is not currently covered by either Medicare or most Insurance.
Pricing will depend on the number of sessions recommended in your treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be catered to your clinical needs after a Doctor consultation and exam.
- It is advised that patients adhere to their suggested treatment plan even if they are satisfied with the improvement after the first treatment.
- Repeated treatment at specified intervals allows longer lasting improvement.
- Women interested in treatment are encouraged to contact Cosmetic Surgery For Women and Men to receive an accurate price guide and further information.
A standard MonaLisa Laser treatment plan consists of a preliminary medical consultation and initial three to four sessions over 8 to 16 weeks plus a “booster treatment” around 12 months.
- A MonaLisa Touch Consultation, assessment and exam costs $150 – We then offer treatment packages of THREE treatments, which you can pay for individually or as a package.
Please call or contact us to find out how MonaLisa Touch Laser can help YOU with common symptoms of bladder leakage, urinary stress incontinence, dryness, atrophy, laxity or painful sexual intercourse.
Click on the images below to learn more about the symptoms you may be experiencing
Learn more – Your next steps to Vaginal Tightening and Skin Revitalisation
The MonaLisa Touch treatments are currently available at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men, Victoria (Melbourne, Australia).
If you want to learn more about the treatment, please contact us or call us at (03) 8849 1450.
You can schedule a consultation with one of our Female Medical Specialists:
- Dr Loretto Maxwell – Women’s Health Physician
ORGANISE A FREE 15 minute PHONE CONSULTATION* with our Doctor to find out whether the MonaLisa Touch treatment can help you (send an enquiry form)
How to organise a FREE 15 minute phone consultation or book your Initial Consultation to discuss MonaLisa Touch*
- Email us using an enquiry form or call (03) 8849 1450 to arrange your Consultation or FREE phone consultation
- You do NOT need a GP Referral
This site is for VICTORIAN patients (Australia).
If you are outside of Victoria, please visit www.monalisatouch.com.au for your local Clinics.
If you are outside of Australia, please visit www.smilemonalisa.com for your local Clinics.