Melbourne Plastic Surgeons
Choose from two of our leading Melbourne Plastic surgeons for liposuction or body sculpting procedures. Dr Douglas McManamny and Dr Richard Maxwell are our expert plastic surgeons for liposuction. Most of our plastic surgeons also perform liposuction in conjunction with their larger surgeries.
Our team operates at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne using only experienced anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff.
Are you wanting to reshape or contour your body after exercising or weight loss?
If you look in your mirror and all you can see is flabby bits in the wrong spots, then liposuction or liposculpture may be something to think about to remove stubborn fat.
We must point out that liposuction and liposculpture are primarily body contouring tools, not weight-loss techniques.
Your underlying fitness level is important – liposuction does not cure bad diet and exercise habits. Best results are a combination of good nutrition, portion control and regular exercise/strength building with surgery as an optional resort to “tweak” your problem areas once you are in shape.
We strongly encourage anyone who is considering body contouring surgery to first consider undertake diet and exercise. If after some toning in the gym and achieving a normalized weight, you are still unhappy with the shape of your body, then liposuction may be a reasonable adjunct to improve the appearance.
Liposuction is a relatively common surgery with low downtime. Normally, you can return to work in a few days. Your final results can take between six weeks and two months to see the full effect of the reshaping surgery.
Both liposuction and liposculpture, sometimes referred to as “lipo” by patients, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. Liposculpture is done with smaller rods (cannulas) and with more attention to smaller areas.
Liposuction techniques may be used to reduce localized fat deposits of the:
- Thighs and Inner knee
- Hips and buttocks
- Calves and ankles
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms and Back
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
Liposuction can be performed alone or in conjunction with other plastic surgery procedures, such as a facelift, male breast reduction (for ‘man boobs’), a tummy tuck or body lift. Patients also combine liposuction with facial rejuvenation procedures, including a face lift, neck lift, chin augmentation, nose reshaping and non-surgical skin revitalisation treatments such as injectables or dermal fillers to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
The Limits of Liposuction Treatments
- Liposuction is not a solution for excess or loose saggy skin
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or weight loss
- Liposuction is not an effective treatment for cellulite (dimpled skin)
Dr Douglas McManamny and Dr Richard Maxwell are our expert plastic surgeons for liposuction. Most of our plastic surgeons also perform liposuction in conjunction with their larger surgeries. See our Skin Clinic www.cocorubyskin.com.au for the less intensive Liposculpture solutions.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
The information we provide is of a general nature.
To find out what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full-history and surgical consultation. Read more about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer Page.
Support for Interstate Patients
Please visit our interstate patients page to find out how we can help you.
NEXT STEPS on your Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam, so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert body sculpting Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400.