Melbourne’s leading Surgeons for Lower Blepharoplasty Surgery to reduce lower eyelid ptosis and help rejuvenate your eye area
Blepharoplasty procedures are designed to help rejuvenate droopy eyelids and baggy eyes.
They are classified as facial procedures (in the upper face zone if you are considering face lift, eye lift or brow lift procedures).
These procedures are excellent for anti-ageing around your eyelid area – and can greatly enhance the appearance of your eyes and upper face; including freshening your entire face if the eye area was your main concern in relation to skin ageing, crows feet or wrinkles.
There are two key types of Blepharoplasty procedures for droopy eyelids and baggy eyes.
These are classified as an UPPER BLEPHAROPLASTY or a LOWER BLEPHAROPLASTY.
For lower eyelids that have sagged to where the lids are pointing outwards or inwards, you’ll want to read the Canthoplasty procedure details. But for most people who seek eyelid rejuvenation, they are concerned about above-eye heaviness in their eyelids or brow area, or lower eye bags, dark circles or sagging skin folds under their eyes.
Depending on which are of your face concerns you most, you’ll want to ask about an UPPER blepharoplasty (click here if your upper eyelids droop) OR a LOWER Blepharoplasty (lower eyelids) – or both.
And the successful outcome of surgery, including the long-term results and satisfaction with the appearance, depends a lot on the condition of your skin (is it still elastic and resilient?), the degree of ptosis (sagging), and the skill and judgment of your expert eye lid Surgeon. Because the eye and eyelid area is SO important to your overall facial appearance, and your vision, you’ll want to be sure to choose your Surgeon VERY carefully for best results.
Fortunately you’ll have several eye lid surgeon experts to choose from at Cosmetic Surgery for Women, Medici Clinic and Aesthetic Surgery for Men (Melbourne, Berwick & Williamstown.
Sometimes you’ll have severe ptosis (drooping) in both your UPPER and LOWER eyelids. You can either have surgery in sequence or possibly be suitable for a combined Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty surgery – ask Expert Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt (FRANZCO FACS) which is best, and what the pros and cons are of doing these procedures at ONE time or in separate operations.
Are you a Candidate for Lower Eyelid Surgery?
Do you suffer from:
- Droopy lower eye lids?
- Unsightly eye bags beneath your eyes?
- Fatty deposits under your eyes – or very puffy lower lids?
- Excess skin or deep creases around your eyelids?
- An ageing appearance around your eyes?
- Eyelashes and tear ducts that are irritating your eyes or compromising your vision or eyelid function (such as not being able to fully close your eyelids)?
Does this cause you to:
- Look old, unhappy or tired?
- Have difficulty fully closing your eyes?
- Feeling self-conscious about the skin or circles and bags under your eye area?
- Have difficulty applying or wearing mascara on your lower lashes?
If you answered YES, you MAY be a candidate for eyelid appearance rejuvenation via a Lower (or combined Upper & Lower) Blepharoplasty procedure. Alternatively, you may possibly be assisted with an anti-wrinkle injectables strategy or dermal fillers, or combined non-surgical and surgical solutions to get the eye area rejuvenation you’re wanting to attain.
Skin resurfacing with Laser, Peels or other Light Based therapies and cosmeceuticals may also be an option for you, if you are unhappy with eye area lines, wrinkles, crevices and other skin imperfections.
If you have experienced long term sun exposure, sun damage, acne scarring or hyper-pigmentation – we can help with those concerns as well as drooping eyelids. Visit our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing for more on non-surgical skin resurfacing and facial rejuvenation options.
Blepharoplasty procedures – Upper and Lower Eyelid Lifts for Rejuvenating the appearance of your eyes
For Upper Eyelid Surgery, visit our UPPER EYELID surgery page.
For Lower Eyelid Surgery, read below for general information, or send an ENQUIRY form to get started on a consultation with one of our leading Eye lid and facial rejuvenation experts including Dr Benjamin Burt, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Our Specialist Team of Surgeons and Dr Richard Maxwell (at THREE convenient Melbourne locations).
Upper Eyelid Surgery is more commonly requested than lower eyelid surgery, but a number of people need both, or have trouble with their lower eye lids drooping. Some people also need a Canthoplasty, for other concerns about the lower lid and function of the lids (difficulty closing their lids due to ptosis, illness or prior surgery where a less experienced Surgeon took too much tissue away from the eye area).
Lower Eyelid surgery is a commonly requested procedures for reducing the signs of premature aging, droopy lower eyelids & puffy under-eye “eye bags.”
- Eyelid Lift Procedures can help your eyes regain their more youthful appearance.
- Blepharoplasty can help you become less self-concious about the ageing of your eye area
- Eyelid surgery often gives a BOOST (or lift) to the appearance of the entire face as the eyes are such a focal point
- Eyelid rejuvenation surgery is one of the most popularly requested surgeries for women and men
- Eyelid surgery can help people feel and look younger (or restoring appearance-confidence) when they face their mirrors or work alongside younger colleagues
Lower Eyelid Lift Surgery – Lower Blepharoplasty
Anti-ageing & lower eyelid enhancement surgeries or combined non-surgical approaches
- Whatever age you currently are, if you have older looking eyes – they’ll generally contribute to you having an older, tired or ‘upset’ looking face.
- Lower Blepharoplasty procedures help to reverse the appearance of ageing by removing excess skin and excess fat from below your eyes, reducing wrinkles and helping remove shadows that give a ‘dark circle’ appearance under your eyes
Eyelid Surgery for puffiness under your eyes
Lower Blepharoplasty for Baggy Eyes
Your Surgeon will give you procedure details in a confidential consultation, and it’s important to have realistic expectations and to remember that every patient – and hence, every surgery and surgical outcome – is unique.
In general, if you’re considering a lower eyelid lift (lower Blepharoplasty):
- In a Lower Blepharoplasty, your Surgeon will remove the excess skin & fat tissue from your lower lid area – the periorbital area under the eye.
- What’s sometimes called a ‘skinny incision’ will be placed to where it will be barely visible, if at all noticeable, after healing (it is hidden in the eyelash line in most cases or in the natural facial contours)
Most importantly for many patients, a lower Blepharoplasty can help remedy dark “bags” (dark circles or shadowing) under the eye by removing excess fat and puffy-looking skin in that under eye area.
As well as reducing perceived age, this lower eye lid rejuvenation surgery CAN also be used to help correct drooping that exposes the area of the eye (white) below your iris.
Your Surgeon will help you know which approach will get you the best results for whatever eye area concerns you have.
Some eyelid conditions, such as eyelid conditions that impact your vision or function, may also qualify for a rebate from a health fund or Medicare agency. So if you have vision impairment or a weepy eye (or chronically dry eye) from inward turning lashes, or severe ptosis of your eyelids, visit your GP or Oculoplastic Surgeon for a full assessment.
People of ALL ages can suffer from eye bags and under eye puffiness or sagging, droopy eyelids (upper lids and lower lids can sag).
This is because a number of factors can take their toll on the eyes and eyelid area of the face, including:
- environmental exposures (smoking, pollution, irritants)
- sun damage
So if YOUR life has taken its toll on your eyes and eyelids, ask to meet with Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon and Eye Surgery Expert or with facial Plastic Surgeon Specialists Dr Douglas McManamy, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Richard Maxwell or Our Specialist Team of Surgeons.
Blepharoplasty can help people of many different ages
Whilst it is most popular for people who have passed their late 30’s or early forties or fifites, more people in their twenties and earlier thirties or earlier forties are undertaking eyelid rejuvenation Blepharoplasty surgery.
This is because the lower lid rejuvenation procedure often has such a naturally rejuvenating – but noticeably positive – effect on your entire facial appearance.
Dr Benjamin Burt is our Team’s Eyelid Surgery Expert for Lower Eyelid Surgery (Lower Blepharoplasty)
Dr Benjamin Burt dedicates his career to achieving natural looking, aesthetically pleasing results from Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery and Lower Eyelid Surgery
Before & After images of different Blepharoplasty Surgeries are below, but Dr Burt is happy to show you more images in a confidential consultation (as some patients prefer we NOT publish their eye lid surgery images on the globally-accessible web, but are happy for us to show you their photos in our Clinics).
Patients over 40 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids.
Patients over 50 and 60 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids OR to improve vision that has become obscured by sagging upper eyelids.
Additional IMAGES available by appointment – or register to attend one of our FREE information evenings
Want to see examples of Before & After Lower Eyelid surgery patient photos? Simply ask to meet with Dr Benjamin Burt or his Assistant in our Clinic to see more examples.
Considering a COMBINED Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty & Upper Facial/Eyelid Rejuvenation Options?
Upper and lower eyelid surgery, separately or combined (‘double bleph’), can help to reduce the perception of ageing in appropriate candidates by restoring a toned, healthy looking skin area above and below the eye area.
To further refine and rejuvenate the facial appearance and reduce “age lines” around the eyes, wrinkle reduction procedures including injectables, fillers and laser resurfacing options may prove to be of additional benefit.
Our fully-certified Oculoplastic Eye Surgeon or Facial/Eye Area Plastic Surgeon(s) can assist you in choosing which specific combination of procedures will bring you the results you are wanting to achieve to revitalise your entire facial appearance.
Get younger looking eyes from our leading Surgeons
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes. Our Eyelid Lift Expert, Team of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Skin Care Injecting Specialists and Dermal Clinicians can help reduce your visible signs of aging.
There are many complimentary surgical and non-surgical procedures to improve your appearance and help you ‘get back’ what you’re wanting in terms of facial rejuvenation.
Asian Double Eyelid Surgery – Blepharoplasty for Asian Skin & Heritage
Asian Eyelid Surgeries are also an option for Patients in Melbourne, and our Specialists can assist you to get the natural-looking appearance enhancement you are seeking.
Some patients who have Asian skin types or Asian heritage may want to modify the ‘eye fold’ area to enhance their appearance or remove a ‘sleepy eyed’ look when their upper lids look a bit heavy or forward of the eye lid crease.
This is commonly known as an “Asian blepharoplasty” procedure.
This surgery requires special care and specific Asian surgery experience to help provide the best aesthetic outcomes and prevent complications.
Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon in Melbourne is available to perform special eyelid lift surgeries for cosmetic or plastic surgery patients who are of Asian ethnicity.
Contact us and we can arrange a confidential consultation with one of our leading eye lid surgery experts at their respective clinic locations.
Summary: If you are wanting to create a more open-looking eyelid appearance, reduce the sleepy eyelid look (or the sad, angry or over-tired look of having drooping eyelids) – or if you’re wanting a total eyelid and facial rejuvenation BOOSTER procedure – consider special Blepharoplasty procedures specifically designed for patients who want to look fresher, younger and ‘more themselves’ despite the passing years.
- Our approach to recovery is simple.
- Our Surgeons do whatever they can to get you back to your normal working and family life as soon as possible.
- Our Specialists are also experts at minimising scars
- They do this using precision surgical techniques and post-op Fraxel where required
- You’ll get best practice, holistic pre-surgery care and post-surgery protocols for your after surgery care.
We offer Healite II, Fraxel scar minimisation when required, and proven healing facilitation products in our Rapid Recovery.
Support for Overseas Surgery Patients or Interstate Patients living outside of Melbourne
Or if you are in Victoria (Melbourne, Berwick or surrounds), please request to see our Oculoplastic Surgeon and Blepharoplasty Expert, Dr Benjamin Burt.
For full-facial rejuvenation, you may want to combine a blepharoplasty with a facelift or skin resurfacing. If additional procedures can help you get better results, our Surgeons will assist you in assessing their potential – as well as helping you understand what eye and face surgery can (and cannot) accomplish.
NEXT STEPS on your Eye Lid Rejuvenation Surgery Journey
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Bring along any medical or surgery notes if you have had a PRIOR eye or facial surgery (especially important if you are wanting advice on a Revisional Eye Lid Surgery to help remedy results by a less experienced Surgeon)
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more informatio about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons, or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Send a confidential enquiry form today. Or you can phone us on (03) 8849 1444.
Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO FACS, is an Oculoplastic Surgeon who focuses in the Oculoplastic field (surgery of the eyes, eyelids and brows).
He is a member of FRANZCO/FACS.
Read more on Dr Burt on his SURGEON BIO page.
Dr Burt, FRANZCO FACS, works with one of the largest leading groups of Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstruction Surgeons in Melbourne and Sydney.
Dr Burt also works very closely with the Skin Rejuvenation & Senior Injectors team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing in Hawthorn East and Berwick, Melbourne (Victoria) to help his patients get a total face rejuvenation using quality surgical-and-non-surgical combinations.
He is highly regarded for his expertise in eyelid surgery including Upper Blepharoplasty, Lower Blepharoplasty, Canthoplasty, Brow Lifts and Revisional Eye Lid Surgery Procedures.
Our Team of Plastic Surgeon’s affiliations and membership include:
Visit our payment and payment methods pages to learn more about your Surgery Payment Methods. Or send an enquiry form and ask how to arrange a consultation with a Surgeon to get a quote for your specific procedure(s).
Want to speak with a Patient Care Coordinator or book a consultation with one of our leading Surgeons in Melbourne?
Send in an enquiry form, register to attend a free event or – if during clinic hours – phone us on (03) 8849 1444
Cosmetic Surgery for Women, Medici Clinic in Berwick, Aesthetic Surgery for Men
THREE LOCATIONS in MELBOURNE
We look forward to helping you get brighter, fresher looking eyes with less shadowing, less puffiness, less skin sagging and less crows feet (eye area creases).