We get many requests from Interstate and even overseas patients about having their Plastic Surgery performed by our leading Melbourne and Sydney expert Plastic Surgeons. These include Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery patients from Tasmania, Sydney, Perth, regional Victoria, Adelaide and Queensland. We can sometimes serve patients from these regions, if they are willing to travel; however, having ready access to your Surgeon is very important in the earliest days of your recovery. It pays to be sure you can stay in your Surgeon’s operating town long enough to get through your initial surgery recovery period AND to understand you’ll need to attend regular follow-up appointments on at least an annual basis once you’re cleared at the 6 month follow-up.
Revision Surgery after Overseas Medical Surgery – Statistics/Rates and Costs
We also get many daily revision surgery requests from people who went overseas for their breast augmentation OR to a cosmetic surgeon instead of a qualified FRACS recognised Plastic Surgeon.
Sadly, not everything that goes wrong with breast augmentation surgery or an eyelid surgery procedure from a cosmetic surgeon, junior surgeon or overseas medical tourism outfit can be fixed.
If you have the RIGHT doctor and Surgeon the first time, you’ll have a much better chance of a successful outcome.
Plus, the average costs of revision breast surgery are extremely high, not to mention the emotional stress of going through multiple surgeries to fix a botched surgery result from a junior surgeon, cosmetic doctor without FRACS or an overseas medical tourism outfit with unfamiliar doctors you might never see again.
Imagine meeting your Surgeon for the first time JUST before surgery, and not sharing the same language. Do you really want to trust a Surgeon you can’t fully communicate with about what it is you’re actually WANTING and expecting from your Surgery procedure? Or that you’ll never see again – with no responsibility for fixing up a botched surgery result from your breast augmentation, nose job or eyelid procedure?
Revision Surgery Costs in Melbourne and Sydney for Corrective Surgery after a Botched Breast Procedure or Nose Job
Cost of Revision Breast Surgery in Australia (Melbourne or Sydney) – these are only estimates and sometimes multiple surgeries are required.
Remember, not every Surgeon is able to serve Revision patients and you will NEVER get the same quality result you might have gotten the first time – you are no longer starting with a blank pallet, so to speak, but one that could be akin to having rips and tears and surface imperfections that will deter a quality result. Not everything that goes wrong with surgery can be fixed.
If you take the average breast augmentation price by a genuine Plastic Surgeon (usually between $13,000 to $16,000 in Melbourne or Sydney for a properly performed surgery in a real hospital) and add about 30% to 70% more for a Revision surgery. It might even be double or more, and could get very expensive if you needed several operations to attempt to fix what went wrong in your first primary cosmetic surgery procedure.
Why is revision surgery so expensive?
- Your risks are typically higher.
- It’s a far more complex surgery with less likelihood of a good outcome or result.
- Damage to the tissues from poorly performed surgery or the WRONG operation, muscle or skin damage, or the WRONG type of breast implant or WRONG type of placement options, requires highly complex surgical skills and extensive surgical planning.
- In eyelid surgery, for example, revision surgery may be required to repair an eyelid that doesn’t close properly, or other functional issues.
- For any revision surgery, sometimes the pre-revision surgery damage is simply too severe or too permanent to be properly repaired.
- Improvements can be made, but
- That’s why it’s SO important you understand WHO is operating on you, and what their REAL qualifications and areas of medical and surgical specialty ARE – don’t fall for believing a Cosmetic Surgeon is the same as a Plastic Surgeon.
Find out more about Revision Surgery for eyelids, breast surgery and tummy tuck.
READ THESE ARTICLES to become better informed about revision surgery and why it’s important to have a Surgeon and/or surgery clinic team nearby to your location.
- Differences between a so-called COSMETIC SURGEON without FRACS (Plas) and a fully qualified Specialist PLASTIC SURGEON according to AHPRA.
- Four Corners special report on Cosmetic Surgery Industry and why consumers are confused about Cosmetic Surgeons vs Plastic Surgeons who actually have FRACS, ISAPS, ASAPS/ASPS PLUS hospital operating privileges vs a “back room” clinic.
- Dangers of Overseas MEDICAL Tourism for Cosmetic Procedures, Breast Jobs and Eyelid Surgery
Which Melbourne Surgeons offer Revision Surgery after a Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Rhinoplasty, Tummy Tuck or Eyelid Procedure?
We may have a few surgeons who can assist you, but often the wait list is very long because we are in high demand for patients seeking primary procedures due to our reputation for service excellence and surgical skills.
We can, however, sometimes give you an opinion on what might be possible for revision surgery (but DO expect a wait).
We have a few Plastic Surgeons who are experts at breast implant removal and replacement.
But it’s always best to AVOID a botched cosmetic surgery procedure and in our view, avoiding overseas cosmetic surgery or junior surgeons or non-Plastic Surgeons is very important in that regard.
Support for Interstate & International Surgery Patients and those wanting Revision Surgery from Overseas Cosmetic Surgery
Breast Surgery, Face and Body Surgery
Our top team of Melbourne or Sydney Surgeons for face, breast and body procedures have had many patients seek to fly in Melbourne from Perth, Darwin, Alice Springs, Hobart, Launceston, Adelaide, Brisbane, North Queensland, Sydney and even New Zealand, Asia and USA – particularly patients who have local support of family and friends at home in Melbourne.
We are happy to help you explore Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, although it’s imperative you have a good support system in Melbourne.
When it comes to revision surgery, it’s always best to get a good plastic surgery result the first time, and what can be fixed is limited.
Get a professional and genuine Specialist Plastic Surgeon’s opinion on your best options for body, face, nose or eyelid surgery.
The role of a designated Personal Support Team after your Plastic Surgery if you have Surgery in Melbourne or Sydney and live elsewhere.
- Having help from a family member or other friend or loved one (or even a hired assistant) can help you manage your recovery after your surgery.
- Ask yourself this question: Do you have a trusted and supportive partner, close friend, cousin or other family member that will assist you in Melbourne or Sydney if you live elsewhere?
- Is there someone who can also assist you when you’re back at home?
- Do you have a great local GP that you trust to manage any healing issues or complications that might occur after you return home?
- Contact us and we’ll help you consider visiting our Melbourne or Sydney Plastic Surgeons, and what you’ll want to take into account if you’re considering this option.
- Phone (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form.
Arranging a Surgery Consultation for Plastic Surgery in our Melbourne or Sydney locations
- Your full initial consultation and physical examination will need to take place in Melbourne before booking the Surgery. Photographs will be taken and your Plastic Surgeon’s opinion of your best options, risks and potential outcomes will be discussed.
- When organising your surgery from Interstate, it is particularly important to get your Plastic Surgery payment methods organised early. The same is true for obtaining any advice & permissions needed from your Health Insurance Fund or Medicare (if these are required for your procedure).
- A booking fee is required to reserve an initial surgery consultation time OR a surgery date and the final amount is due at least two weeks before your surgery date.
How are you planning your post-op follow ups after having cosmetic plastic surgery?
When considering flying into Melbourne for your plastic surgery, it’s ALL about allowing enough time for adequate post-operative care and recovery. This means staying in your city of operation for a set period of time after your surgery – at least a week and ideally two weeks or more – however your Surgeon recommends is best to meet your operation follow up requirements.
Then you’ll still need to visit us on a regular basis for follow up consultations with your Specialist Surgeon.
- The speed of your recovery and your eventual result will be determined by your age and physical health, your support team and whether you follow the “rapid recovery instructions”.
- There may be an option to use online communication tools (like Video Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger etc) to assist you with extra pre-consultations and post-op support calls to monitor your recovery.
- This will be determined on an individual basis. Please read our FAQ pages and submit an Enquiry form for further information.
It is absolutely critical to ensure that you are available to return for your post-operative appointments at your Surgeon’s main clinic(s) and be available to stay around AFTER your surgery, particularly in the event of any adverse situation or complication that means we need to see you more often.
Follow-Up Care and Post-op Reviews in Melbourne
Our normal plan for your post-operative recovery is:
- A comfortable and relaxing stay in a quality Hospital to recuperate
- Discharge to a supporter’s home in Melbourne or a Medi-Hotel with Nurse support
- Your post-op visit to the practice approximately 1 week to 10 days after Surgery, where we check the surgical results, change the dressings and give you post-op instructions
- Your 8 Week Review at the practice location/clinic
- Your 6 Month Review and your 12 month review (May be able to be arranged to be done by Skype depending on your Surgery and at-home After Care)
- Annual Reviews (as required) – will need an item code and a current GP referral
Plastic Surgery COSTS & PRICING – ask us for a customised all-inclusive Cosmetic Surgery Pricing QUOTE
- Many advertisers who promote cheap cosmetic surgery do not include all aspects of your procedure preparation, Surgery fees, After-Care Garments and healing or scar minimisation treatments, or follow up visits.
- We are a bit different in that way. We give inclusive surgery quotes and tell you what that means.
- We don’t want you to have unpleasant financial surprises, so the cost of your post-op, Rapid Recovery Kit and your Review visits are all included in your Surgical Fee.
Cosmetic Surgery Recovery Planning for Overseas Patients getting operated on in Melbourne
- It is important to be well supported after surgery and to follow instructions.
- Not smoking and not overdoing it are imperative. A stable BMI and good nutrition and rest are also crucial.
- Be sure you follow the Surgical Recovery Guidelines in order to speed your recovery and get the best possible outcome.
- NOTE: Driving a car and flying on a plane should not be done until at least a week or two weeks after your surgery, sometimes longer depending on what surgery you have had. It may be even longer for some procedures such as combined surgeries or body lift surgery after weight loss and Bariatric Surgery.
- Your Melbourne Plastic Surgeon and his or her team can give you individually tailored post-op instructions.
- It is important that you carefully follow our post-operative instructions so that you have an optimal healing and recovery.
Our main clinic is located in Hawthorn, Victoria, an inner suburb of Melbourne CBD.
Our boutique style office is located about 30 minutes drive-time from Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport (but allow up to 60 minutes in peak hour traffic).
You could fly in and out of Melbourne in a single day for post-op appointments if you wish; just be sure to let your Patient Care Coordinator know this on the day you book your appointments for Follow Up care.
We also have Plastic Surgery clinic consultation locations in these areas nearby:
Hawthorn East/Melbourne (near Canterbury and Kew and nearby to Richmond)
Sydney (Double Bay and nearby to Bondi)
Berwick, Victoria (handy to Cranbourne, Dandenong, Mornington and Pakenham areas)
We are delighted to suggest nearby hotels for you, your partner or supporting friend to stay during recovery.
We can also arrange for our nurse to visit you in your hotel to check on your recovery after leaving hospital.
- For patients at Masada Hospital, Balaclava – we recommend Quest Balaclava. 441 Inkerman St, St Kilda East – Phone (03) 9526 3888
- For patients at our Kew and Hawthorn Hospitals – we recommend Best Western Premier Hotel 115 Kew. 115 Cotham Rd, Kew – Phone (03) 8862 0200
Staying with your Melbourne-based or Sydney-based family, friends or colleagues might also be an option for you as you prepare for, and recover from, your Plastic Surgery procedure.
This can be helpful if you have excellent initial Surgery recovery support help and if you already tend to visit this area frequently throughout a year (e.g. you can combine your follow-up appointments with your social visits to family and friends, or attend a special Melbourne or Sydney based event or Show).
For more information about organizing your Interstate or Overseas Breast surgery – please contact us by sending us an Enquiry Form or by calling a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1444.
We look forward to you meeting our Team, and you are also welcome to book in to attend one of our FREE Practice Events if convenient for you.
Visit our Downloadable Guides page for more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.