Rhinoplasty Surgery Costs | Melbourne Average Price Ranges and what they mean
Because there’s no single nose shape – and no single Rhinoplasty technique that will adjust an unwanted nose size, tip or proportion – the COST of rhinoplasty can vary. The price range for getting a Nose Job in Melbourne can vary from under $12,000 for a beginning Surgeon to over $40,000 for a seasoned expert.
This blog helps explain the average price ranges and Rhinoplasty surgery costs by Surgeons in Melbourne, Australia, including details about WHY hospital prices and Surgeon costs can vary.
Want a new nose shape – but unsure how much Rhinoplasty surgery will cost?
Average price range(s) for Rhinoplasty are covered below (2019 price ranges). These give a general overview on different pricing segments from low-range to premier-range care.
Before you review average Melbourne surgery prices for a nose job, remember that there’s no ONE TYPE of nose surgery that will fit ALL faces. Your nose shape and size needs to be expertly planned BEFORE you have surgery, so that the outcome SUITS your overall face and other features. To accomplish this, choosing the RIGHT Nose Reshaping Surgeon is imperative.
- We have several of Melbourne’s best nose reshaping Surgeons at our Melbourne locations (nearby).
- These include: Dr Richard Sackelariou, Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Geoff Barnett (both in Melbourne) or one of our other facial Plastic Surgeons and esteemed colleagues.
How much does Rhinoplasty cost?
Nose Surgery Prices: Melbourne
The cost of nose surgery depends not just on your Surgeon’s qualifications, but also on what you NEED corrected in terms of shape, size, breathing functions and tip position.
- A good post-operative NOSE SHAPE is NATURAL looking and in balance with other features
- It should ideally look more harmonious with other features, facial structures and anatomy and/or meet the patient’s aesthetic preferences where these remain realistic
- Considerations include how their nose LOOKS when viewed or photographed from the side angle(s) and/or the front (before and after surgery)
- Some nose structures – and the technical skills required to alter them – are more complex than others; and this is partially why surgery theatre times and costs can vary
- The other factors include the skill, experience and formal accreditation of the Surgeon who you choose for this highly challenging cosmetic/plastic surgery procedure
Great Rhinoplasty Surgeons take many extra steps in surgery planning to help you get a better nose shape
- The more successful nose surgeries a Surgeon has performed; the better they understand what to do to avoid common nose job mistakes
- Choose carefully
Cost ranges: Rhinoplasty prices and what’s included vs excluded in a Quote
Average prices for Rhinoplasty nose surgery are often categorised as being in the low-cost, mid-range and premier price range.
As above, the cost of a nose job can range from under $12,000 to $14,500 for a low range operation with a less experienced/less trained Surgeon to approximately $15,000 to $25,000 for an experienced Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgeon to over $40,000 for a revision nose job and/or highly complex primary procedure.
But what other factors lead to nose surgery costs being so different from Surgeon to Surgeon?
The 2 primary reasons NOSE SURGERY/Rhinoplasty prices vary include:
- SURGEON – which expert Surgeon you choose
- their expertise levels
- their professional accreditation and training qualifications
- their advanced technical abilities and artistic shaping acumen
- their ability to attain harmony of the new nose with other features
- hospital costs and quality anaesthetic costs
Choose your Surgeon wisely the FIRST time you are having surgery or you may end up disappointed, as not everything that goes wrong in a first nose surgery can be fixed in a revision operation.
- COMPLEXITY – varying time in theatre also impacts price
But other factors may also apply; including WHAT’S actually included versus going to be presented later as an extra cost (often unexpected by the patient). Read below for QUOTE inclusion vs exclusion details.
Differences in your Surgeon’s qualifications and expertise performing Rhinoplasty/Nose surgery, PLUS other details such as expert planning and first-rate follow-up care, top-quality hospital options, technically advanced surgery skills, nose scar management, open versus closed, and type of anaesthetic are often reflected in the PRICE or COST of your nose reshaping surgery in Melbourne.
This article continues below. You can also phone us on 0388491444 to discuss a consultation and/or downloadable PDF for further research.
Considering Nose Job Surgery? Get the guide.
Click the image to request a download.
Tip: Read the RHINOPLASTY nose reshaping surgery information page.
DETAILS: Rhinoplasty COSTS | Average PRICE RANGES of having Nose Job Surgery in Melbourne
These ranges take into account the following important factors: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY and HOW
1: WHO – Your Surgeon choice
How adept is your Surgeon at getting GOOD results and REDUCING complications?
- ABILITY: WHO is performing the surgery – your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training, skills and qualifications
- EXPERTISE: HOW MANY of these procedures they have performed and if they are highly regarded as an expert (or not)
2: WHAT – Inclusions vs Exclusions and extra fees you weren’t expecting
WHAT is included in the Rhinoplasty PRICE estimate or COST QUOTE?
- Is everything INCLUDED in your nose job QUOTE?
- If not, you could get hit with unexpected expenses including anaesthetic, facility fees, follow-up fees, sutures, medicines, bandages or splints, recovery aids and more
- Also good to ask: What type of anaesthetic or local pain management is going to be used to help reduce discomfort? And where will your scar be located?
- Ask for details and get it in writing!
3: WHEN – Timing
WHEN is your nose surgery being performed?
- Ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees, new testing requirements for Medicare coverage and changing rebate criteria
- Note: Insurance policy classification changes are underway in 2019 – even if you have a traumatic nose injury and are eligible for a Medicare code and insurance coverage, this could change rapidly and without much notice.
4: WHERE: which hospital?
Where are you are having your surgery performed?
- General Anaesthetic in a hospital are part of your surgery fee and should be included in the price quote for your rhinoplasty
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives (optional) in a clinic back room may lessen cost but lead to increased discomfort or other risk elevation as rhinoplasty is a very comprehensive procedure – you DO want to be ‘asleep’ for it (under general anaesthesia)
5: WHY: Medical Rhinoplasty or Cosmetic Nose Surgery?
What reasons led you to having nose surgery?
- Cosmetic vs medical reasons (breathing impairment, traumatic nose injury, revision or cosmetic/appearance)
- Aesthetic ideals and other corrections desired
- Medicare rebates, Private Health Insurance and Rhinoplasty: read more
6: HOW: How will your procedure be planned and performed?
How long is your procedure going to take? Is it fully customised and expertly planned?
- COMPLEXITY – advanced technical surgery expertise is required for some conditions, nose sizes or shapes; there’s also closed vs open methods to consider
- Example: your nasal passages, septoplasty needs and complexity of surgical corrections
Melbourne COST ranges for Nose Reshaping procedures: Average Prices of Rhinoplasty Surgery explained
- This is a estimate of the range of Rhinoplasty surgery prices or nose job COSTS (primarily for first time nose surgeries) in Melbourne
- All patients require a consultation to get an exact QUOTE and assessment of requirements and surgery options and patients may benefit by getting a second cosmetic surgery plastic surgery opinion
Low-Cost Prices (Rhinoplasty – general surgeon or GP or doctor-in-training)
Low-cost nose surgery prices are usually offered by either a general surgeon (an all-arounder), a dermatologist, dentist or General Practitioner who CALLS themselves a cosmetic surgeon but who isn’t actually a SPECIALIST nor a member of RACS.
- Their nose surgery prices may range from just under $12,000 to $14,500/$15,000 in Melbourne.
- These Surgeons are often NOT recognised as Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Some may still be in training mode, rather than being a seasoned expert
- hence, due to less experience or skill with these procedures, they may charge less
We believe it’s always a good idea to choose EXPERIENCE and EXPERTISE over cost considerations. That’s because you will LIVE with your nose surgery results every day you face the mirror or a camera — and revision nose job surgery can be extremely costly.
- Revisional surgery can also be emotionally draining.
- Additionally, not everything that goes wrong can be fixed
- Don’t risk your appearance and rest-of-life confidence by choosing a less-skilled and/or non-specialist Surgeon (your health is also at stake with the wrong surgeons or overseas procedures)
Mid-Range Prices for Rhinoplasty | Melbourne COST ranges
- Generally, nose reshaping Rhinoplasty surgery by an experienced Melbourne Plastic Surgeon with FRACS often ranges from $15,000/$16,000 to $26,000 and up
- Surgery costs may vary depending on your SURGEON’s level of EXPERTISE and other factors such as
- medical vs cosmetic
- complicating factors of the nasal passage or breathing difficulties
- open vs closed techniques and scar management
- recovery guidance, patient follow-up care standards and more
- Revision Nose Surgery prices in this care segment usually range from $19,000 to $40,000 or higher
- Revisions are usually even MORE challenging and complex than other Rhinoplasty procedures; and
- It is widely recognised that Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most difficult facial contouring procedures to perform
High-Cost Rhinoplasty Prices | Melbourne COST ranges
- Rhinoplasty surgery planned and performed by a highly experienced nose-reshaping expert FRACS Plastic Surgeon can range from $26,000 to $45,000 or higher, sometimes as high as $50,000/$60,000 depending on who you choose and their facility/staffing costs
- As above, this also varies depending on your Surgeon’s facial surgery fees as well as the complexity of your operation and follow-up care
- Read about our top Melbourne Rhinoplasty Surgeons and ask us about others nearby who also have FRACS recognition and excellent reviews from patients who had very complex needs
- Remember, ALL cosmetic surgery is invasive and has risks
- All surgery should also be custom planned and performed by an expert to reduce risks and revision rates
- Never accept a ONE SIZE FITS ALL OPERATION, especially noses – it might look very out of place with your facial features!
Instead, choose a Surgeon who:
- Is FRACS recognised and fully customises EVERY nose procedure to meet the patient’s feature contours and re-shaping preferences
- Offers photographic imaging and/or computer graphic manipulations to visually communicate what can – and cannot – be done with surgical techniques
- Is honest about potential surgery risks and recovery time frames
- Listens and respects your views about desired nose proportion changes AND can give expert advice about how nose changes will impact your overall appearance
Click here for more on RHINOPLASTY and to get the PDF guide(s). Or phone us on 0388491444 today.