Eyelid Surgery Price Ranges – Average Blepharoplasty prices in Melbourne
The average cost of eyelid surgery in Melbourne, by a skilled Eye Surgeon (Oculoplastic) or Plastic Surgeon, can vary in range. Average prices, described in more detail below, range from several thousand to about $7000 to $10,000 or more. It depends a lot on which techniques your Surgeon uses, his or her level of expertise, and which areas of your eyelid anatomy (and eyelid skin) need to be adjusted during surgery.
Eyelid surgery is very complex, however. It is definitely a surgery you want to choose an expert Surgeon to perform. At our Clinic, we have some of Melbourne’s best trained Plastic Surgeons and Eyelid Surgeons.
Why do Blepharoplasty prices ranges vary?
The cost of Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) in Melbourne varies from Surgeon to surgeon. The primary reasons that determine how much eyelid surgery will cost in Melbourne include:
- time in theatre (varies)
- requirements for surgery (customised to suit the patient)
- different types of anaesthetic
- custom planning (remember, all patients are unique and surgery needs to be custom planned for EACH individual eye)
- remember, Eye Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne have varying levels of skills and expertise – be sure to choose your Surgeon wisely
Differences in your Melbourne’s Surgeon’s qualifications and experience, planning and follow-up care, facility options, technical skills, eyelid scar management and type of anaesthetic are often reflected in the PRICE you’ll pay for a blepharoplasty procedure.
- Or phone us on 0388491444 to discuss a consultation and/or downloadable PDF for further research.
- Continue reading for more on surgery prices and eyelid lift surgery costs.
Eyelid Surgery COSTS | PRICE of Blepharoplasty in Melbourne
Average price ranges for blepharoplasty in Melbourne are listed below. They take into account the following components.
WHO: Surgeon choice – how adept is your Surgeon at getting GOOD results and REDUCING complications?
- ABILITY: WHO is performing the surgery – your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training, skills and qualifications (recommended surgeons include Eye Surgeons (Oculoplastic) or Plastic Surgeons
- EXPERTISE: HOW MANY of these procedures they have performed and if they are highly regarded as an expert (or not)
WHAT – Inclusions: WHAT is included in the PRICE estimate or formal COST QUOTE for your eyelid surgery?
- Is everything INCLUDED in your price QUOTE for a blepharoplasty?
- Or are you going to get hit with unexpected expenses including anaesthetic, facility fees, follow-up, sutures, recovery aids and more?
- What type of anaesthetic and local numbing is being used to help reduce any discomfort or pain?
- Will you get a ‘skinny scar’ incision line or a larger one – and how will scars be managed?
WHEN – Timing! WHEN is your surgery going to be performed?
- Ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees, new testing requirements for Medicare coverage and changing rebate criteria for patients with eyelid ptosis.
- Note: Insurance policy classification changes are underway in 2019
WHY: What reasons are you having eyelid surgery?
- Cosmetic vs medical reasons (field of vision impairment)
- Degree of ptosis (field of vision impairing or mild ptosis only)
- Aesthetic ideals and other corrections desired
WHERE: Where are you are having eyelid surgery performed?
- General Anaesthetic in a hospital
- Using local anaesthetic and sedatives (optional) in a clinic back room
HOW: How long is your procedure going to take?
- COMPLEXITY – Depends on technical surgery expertise required
- Example: your existing skin, health, eyelid ptosis and how complex the surgical correction needs to be
AVERAGE PRICE RANGES for EYELID SURGERY (cost averages in Melbourne)
- All patients require a consultation to get an exact QUOTE and assessment of requirements and surgery options.
- In general, however, this is a rough estimate of the range of COSTS or PRICES of eyelid surgery in Australia.
LOW PRICE EYELID SURGERY (Upper Blepharoplasty – low range)
Low cost eyelid surgery by a general surgeon (not a Specialist and not an Eye Surgeon) may range from $3,000 to $4,500 in Melbourne.
- Some Surgeons who are not Specialists or very experienced may charge less
- But it is usually best to choose EXPERIENCE and EXPERTISE over low-range cost options because revision surgery can be very costly – and not every eyelid surgery problem can be fixed through a revision.
- Remember, your VISION and facial appearance are BOTH at stake. Choose wisely.
Mid-Range Prices for Blepharoplasty (Upper)
- Generally, eyelid surgery by an experienced Surgeon can range from $5,800 to $8,000 or more.
- It can vary depending on the SURGEON’s EXPERTISE and the reasons listed above.
- This may indicate a qualified Specialist Oculoplastic Surgeon (Eye Surgeon/Eyelid Surgeon) or a Plastic Surgeon
- Some Surgeons can do a combined facelift and eyelid lift or eyelid-lift-and-brow lift
High-Cost Blepharoplasty Prices | Melbourne
- Eyelid surgery on its own, performed by an expert Surgeon in a clinic vs hospital, usually ranges from $6,500 to $10,000 (and from $8,500 to $15,000 in hospital).
- Combined facial procedures (such as an eyelid lift WITH a facelift) ranges from $18,000 to $34,000 to over $60,000 depending on your needs, your Surgeon’s fees and hospital costs.
Read more about eyelid surgery options and photographs.