What is the Healite II and how does it work?
Do you want your skin to heal faster after a surgery, skin peel or laser skin treatment? Ask about the award winning Healite II Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) treatments. They feel great AND they have healing facilitation and skin rejuvenation properties.
What is Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) or Healite II?
LLLT (Low Level Light Therapy) is the application of red and near infra-red light over ageing skin, skin wounds or skin lesions, or other soft tissues, in order to help promote healing and reduce inflammation. Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) can provide patient’s with relief from both acute or chronic pain, help the skin recover from intensive skin treatments (peels, lasers or injection treatments) and also help rejuvenate the skin through improving circulation and encouraging new collagen formation.
One of the ways low level light therapy (LLLT) is delivered is through the Healite II, a revolutionary piece of light-based equipment manufactured by Lutronics.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons offer patients Healite II treatments in our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing clinics at our Plastic Surgery facilities in Melbourne and Berwick (with Williamstown coming soon).
LLLT can help:
- increase speed, quality and strength of skin repair and other soft tissue repair
- resolve inflammation and relieve pain
- reduce pain associated with joint conditions
It can be used to help heal sports injuries (encouraging soft tissue repair) and for overall skin rejuvenation treatments.
We offer Healite II in our Hawthorn East and our Berwick clinic locations.
Post-Op Recovery, Scar Minimisation and Skin Rejuvenation
At our Plastic Surgery and Anti-Ageing Clinics, we are always seeking ways to improve the surgical experiences of our patients — including your healing and recovery period.
One of the ways we do this is offering patient healing facilitation options, including Healite II treatments during their recovery period. There is also an at-home LLLT device that you can purchase (ask one of our Dermal Clinicians at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing).
The Healite II by Lutronics is an FDA approved light-based treatment
Low Level Light Treatments such as Healite II are increasingly poplar options for surgery patients and skin treatment patients.
Summary of the Healite II:
- Increases blood flow to tissues (better circulation often means faster, better healing)
- Reduces muscle pain and joint pain
- Facilitates skin rejuvenation and skin treatment recovery processes (great after a Skin Peel)
Patient’s greatly appreciate that the Healite II treatments are:
- Safe and effective for ALL skin types
- Relaxing and comfortable
Getting a LLLT treatment with Healite II is comfortable and relaxing
So how do YOU try a Healite II treatment?
- Book your skin assessment appointment with one of our Dermal Clinicians or an Injecting Clinician (OR, if you have Surgery with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Healite II treatments are often part of the post-op healing recovery recommendations. Your Surgeon and Patient Care Team will guide you on which post-op surgery visit will be best to get your Healite II treatment)
- Remove all make-up and skin coverings PRIOR to treatment
- Get comfortable on the procedure table (usually in a slightly reclined position, varying dependent upon which area of your face or body is being treated by the low level light therapy/Healite II)
- You may be asked to wear eye-protection if you are getting a non-facial Healite II treatment (be sure you don’t open your eyes or look at the LED lights)
- Your Practitioner or Dermal Clinician will start the treatment
- You’ll then relax for the duration of your Healite II treatment – which can last from four minutes to approximately 15-20 minutes
- Time with the Healite II can vary depending on the area(s) being treated as well as other individual patient factors – if you’re performing low level light therapy with a home device, you may be using it for longer as these devices differ from the Clinic ones.
- Just after treatment, your skin MAY look slightly ‘flushed’ (pink to slightly red in colour, depending on your skin tone) but tends to return to your normal skin colouring within about 1/2 to 1 hour
- You can usually wear special mineral makeup right afterwards, such as if you are going straight back to the office or to a function (but not if you have just had an intensive laser treatment such as DOT therapy or Fraxel – ask your Clinician about down time for these intensive treatments)
Many patients feel their skin looks more refreshed and rejuvenated after even one treatment, but the full rejuvenation results occur over subsequent weeks as the skin responds to the low level light therapy (LLLT) Healite II treatment.
Disclaimer NOTE: We have found that our patients enjoy receiving Healite II treatments after their surgeries or for skin rejuvenation purposes. It is important to remember that individual results from Healite II treatments can vary from patient to patient.
Be sure to ask your Specialist what you can expect from a treatment during an in-depth consultation that takes into account your medical and skin condition history, as well as other individual factors that may impact your results. A skin assessment with our Coco Ruby team can also include Canfield REVEAL imaging to assess sun damage and pigmentation or inflammation concerns.
The Healite II is an Award Wining Technology
In 2015, the Healite II technology was Awarded Best Plastic Surgery Device or Product at the My Face, My Body Awards in Australia.
How we use Healite II for Our Patients
We have found that Healite II Treatments can be helpful to Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery patients after their procedures.
This is because Healite II (LLLT) assists with improving circulation and tissue repair, which helps facilitate natural healing processes and may help reduce scar formation.
The Healite II technology is also useful for Skin Rejuvenation treatments.
Noticeable results of ‘fresher-looking’ skin are often observed after even one low level light therapy treatment.*
Light-based Technology is Relaxing and Rejuvenating
After Surgery or for facial rejuvenation, many patients have found that our Healite II Treatments to be quite relaxing as well as rejuvenating and healing for their skin.
As a patient of our Practice in Melbourne or Berwick, you will likely be offered a Healite II treatment of low level light therapy (LLLT) as part of your post-operative care.
If you’re a surgical patient in Melbourne or Berwick, you’ll likely be offered a Healite II treatment as part of your after-care.
If you’re NOT having a surgical procedure, you’re also welcome to contact our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Team to enquire about the use of Healite II for general facial & skin rejuvenation treatments.
Phone one of our Patient Care Coordinators to book a consultation with one of our Leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons or Skin care Dermal Clinicians or Cosmetic Injecting Team to find out more about the special holistic post-op care that we give our Surgery & non-surgical rejuvenation patients.*
Want to meet our leading Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons or our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing team?
Register to attend one of our FREE special PRACTICE event evenings.
Or SEND us a CONFIDENTIAL Enquiry form for further information — you are also welcome to arrange a visit to our Clinic to meet with one of our Practice Nurses at no charge.
You can also arrange a confidential Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Surgery Consultation with one of our leading Plastic Surgeons (A Consultation Fee applies).
To book a meeting with one of our Team, please send in an Enquiry form OR call a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1444 during clinic hours.
We look forward to assisting you with your surgical, non-surgical and skin rejuvenation aims.