CAREER GUIDE and Aesthetic Industry / Cosmetic Surgery Clinics Employment
The Cosmetic Industry (Aesthetics surgery and skin procedures) is a fast growing sector. Plastic Surgery involves physical self-improvement and is an opportunity for a career change or employment for motivated individuals with a professional, caring demeanour.
- While it can be rewarding, it may not suit everyone.
- However, if you are passionate about helping others to surgically correct a deformity or enhance a feature to address a physical concern, or to reduce unwanted signs of facial ageing, then cosmetic plastic surgery career paths may be a good option for employment, especially if you are seeking a different form of nursing jobs.
© Career Page – Cosmetic Industry – All rights reserved. www.plasticsurgeons.com.au. Last updated: 15 November 2018.
Careers in the Cosmetic Surgery & Plastic Surgery | Melbourne, Australia
Are you keen to become part of this Cosmetic Surgery, Skin Care and Plastic Surgery rewarding career path?
- We are one of the fastest growing Practices in Australia, with several locations.
- We tend to have hundreds of nurses, medical students, beauty therapists, and prior patients keen to apply for our advertised roles.
- Career and Job Opportunities in the Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Services and Aesthetic or Beauty industry range from roles as Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery Patient Coordinators, Practice Nurses, Surgical Assistants, Patient Care Liaisons (Our phone team).
- Customer Welcoming Team located at Reception.
But not everyone is suited for these rewarding but demanding employment opportunities in plastic and cosmetic surgery.
There’s a unique skill set that helps some candidates stand out from the crowd.
Traits we look for to fill current Job Openings in the Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery industry (Melbourne).
Good Candidates for current job openings in the cosmetic industry and plastic surgery sectors include individuals who have:
- Commitment to excellence and a caring, kind attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC savvy (knowing GENIE scheduling systems, MBS processes, Surgery Quoting and other medical computing systems can be helpful).
- Dedication to providing stellar service to patients as they move through their journey from exploring a procedure to having a surgery
- Understanding healing and recovery after Plastic Surgery
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet patient needs and varying Surgery schedules
- Team-based collaboration mentality with a great sense of humour
- Interest in pursuing continuing education and skills improvements and attending out of hours training when required
- Understanding how body appearance, BMI and facial features impact self perceptions and confidence
- Liking the beautification sector involving everything from skin resurfacing/skin care, mineral makeup to laser treatments through to surgical alternatives and plastic or cosmetic surgery enhancements.
Want a career with Melbourne’s most respected group of Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons?
- IF you believe you’d like to work with our top Surgeons and our Skin Care & Injecting teams, we welcome your application via SEEK.
- If we’re hiring, we’ll list the advertisement on Seek.
- Search SEEK for current Job Opportunities for Cosmetic Surgery For Women and Men, Plastic Surgeons Group and Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-ageing.
- Or you can send your CV to us to express your interest in any future openings.
- Email Dave or Dee at the email addresses listed below to discuss your career goals (however, JOB APPLICATIONS are ONLY accepted via SEEK and only when current roles are being advertised).
If you cannot find a current job opening on Seek, for Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery professions, you can still send us an enquiry form.
Or ATTEND ONE OF OUR MELBOURNE COSMETIC INDUSTRY EVENTS (Free), held monthly for patients and for others working in the cosmetic injecting sector.
What You’ll NEED to SUCCEED in a Career is Cosmetic Medicine or Plastic Surgery & Skin Care
- To succeed in the field of aesthetics, you have to be highly dedicated to working with cosmetic patients and
- To offering consistently excellent service at all times
- You’ll also need to have a strong interest in appearance plus have a professional, caring communication style and phone manners
It is often a demanding yet rewarding job role that requires dedication and commitment to professional growth and patient care excellence.
An Aesthetics Clinic role will NOT tend to suit individuals who prefer working dedicated hours or shifts, such as are often found in Public Hospital settings; instead, flexibility is required to meet the needs of the Surgeon Team and of patients who are having cosmetic surgery.
- Because our Plastic Surgery team strives to reach the best levels of patient care excellence, some flexibility in your schedule will be required.
- We also hold regularly Monthly Thursday evening EVENTS for patients in Melbourne.
- These are fun and informative and a good change for our team to answer questions and let new patients get to know our Surgeons and Team Members.
Best Career Pathways to Attain Employment in a Cosmetic Surgery or Plastic Surgery Clinic or a Medical Skin Care Clinic Environment | Melbourne VIC (Australia)
- Here are some workplaces that may be a good pathway to your professional career development.
- Find out more by attending one of our events for people with an interest in working in the plastic surgery industry.
Pathway #1: Beauticians – Beauty treatments or Dermatology Interests or Medical Clinic Experience
- DERMAL THERAPY & DERMATOLOGISTS – Skin Treatments and Laser Work
- SKIN CANCER CLINICS – Skin rejuvenation and skin cancer removal
- General Practitioner Offices that also handle Skin Cancer treatments or Investigations
Pathway #2: Working in Cosmetic Dentistry
- COSMETIC DENTISTS – Aesthetics and Smile rejuvenation
- AESTHETIC GPs – GPs interested in Aesthetic work – Lasers and Injectables
- COSMETIC SURGERY – GPs that have progressed to basic cosmetic surgery operations (without Specialist RACS training)
Pathway #3: Working for other Specialists such as ENT Surgeons, Dentists or Bariatric Surgeons
- ENT SURGEONS that are performing cosmetic procedures may be helpful
- OCULOPLASTIC surgeons who perform eyelid surgery may also be helpful
- PLASTIC SURGEON PRACTICES (Members of ASPS & ASAPS)
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include:
Read more about JOB OPENINGS and READ the Applicant TIPS sheet before applying for employment or before getting in touch with us.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU IF YOU ARE CHOSEN FOR A CURRENT OPENING
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR A ROLE WITH OUR TEAMS, WE CAN HELP TRAIN YOU IN CLINICAL PROTOCOLS AND PATIENT CARE EXCELLENCE METHODS.
- If you meet the four criteria listed above, work well as a team, are professionally presented and show potential for this sector, we can help train you.
- If selected, you’ll also be working in a beautiful environment helping individuals with their self-improvement and appearance change goals, as well as helping individuals fight the effects of skin cancers, facial ageing or traumatic facial injuries or nose deformities.
- TIP: You could start with us in RECEPTION – an important concierge team – or in the inbound phone department if there is a current opening.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT
- Clock watchers! – People looking to do the bare minimum will not fit in to our team of caring medical professionals
- People that are NOT positive and optimistic or who aren’t team players
- People who do not take pride in maintaining a professional presentation and a caring nature for patients
- Nurses looking to be trained in Injecting Dermal Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle solutions (but you’re welcome to come to our events)
- We only hire skilled and highly experienced cosmetic injectors or GPs with extensive injecting expertise.
We are looking ONLY for dedicated leaders who value creating life long relationships with patients and who are dedicated to offering patient care service at premium levels.
Next steps for applying for a job in the cosmetic plastic surgery or skin care sector:
- Do some preparation – read the books or watch the suggested videos
- Come along to one of our monthly practice EVENTS and meet some of the team members
- Apply for a role with us or get some basic experience in the Industry (see list above)
- Fill in your LinkedIn profile and watch Seek for specific job ads – APPLY on SEEK
- Send in your CV or preliminary job enquiries to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be kept on file.
No phone calls, please – simply email DAVID at the address above, with the subject line: CAREER ENQUIRY.
Thank you for reading A GUIDE TO A CAREER IN THE COSMETIC INDUSTRY.
Several highly rated books that may be relevant for jobs in the Cosmetic Surgery or Plastic Surgery Career Path include:
- How to connect with anyone in less than 90 seconds by Nicholas Boothman
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- Your Aesthetic Practice: What Your Patients are Saying by Catherine Maley
Other helpful industry publications include:
- Plastic Surgery Classic Publications
- Breast Asymmetries – Breast Augmentation Surgery Considerations Chapter by Dr Rubinstein
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery An Analysis of the “Classic” Papers in Aesthetic Surgery. (PMID:25409623) Authors: , 1 , , , ,
Each Cosmetic Surgery Patient and Skin Care Client is treated with respect, dignity, understanding and continuous care.
WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO US? Our Values
Our team are committed to fostering an atmosphere where patients feel comfortable to ask questions or express concerns as they journey through their surgery or skin rejuvenation experiences.
- We are highly focused on maintaining an environment where patients feel heard and listened to, understood and cared for by every member of our team.
- This includes treating each and every patient with dignity, respect and collaborative communication.
- Patients need to feel comfortable to ask ANY and ALL questions they have about a procedure, Surgeon or healing process.
It’s all about evidence-based medical care, experience, listening, respect and trust.
- Being ethical, honest and trustworthy
- Taking pride in your professional appearance and manner
- Mutual respect and loyalty
- Delivering an outstanding patient experience
- Providing a high quality & holistic patient improvement pathway
- Being safe, being compliant and managing risks
- Building and maintaining premier facilities and technologies
- Managing our reputation – online and in our community
- Best practice marketing and promotion activities
- Building the Group and surgeon/specialist personal brands
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth
- A focus on learning and professional development
- Creating systems and following processes with attention to detail
- Offering different locations in Melbourne VIC (Berwick, Hawthorn & Williamstown) as well as experienced Plastic Surgeon associates located in the Sydney area (Burwood, Edgecliff & Double Bay)
Fostering an attitude of continuous learning and improvement is our motto.
- Being committed to Teamwork and having fun
- We work towards better surgical outcomes for patients
- Working in a modern well-equipped practice with new technology
- Being part of a growing and learning organisation
- Being respectful of patient privacy and confidentiality
With advanced techniques, expertise and constant patient feedback, we aim to remain at the forefront of surgical rejuvenation and cosmetic procedure advances.
Our primary vision is to deliver continuously outstanding results for patients who value extensive surgical experience, precision, empathy, great communication and high quality outcomes.
If you are interested in applying for a career position, send a confidential email to our Business Manager David Staughton: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or to Dee Tozer (email@example.com) your enquiries – then apply for the role on the SEEK job site.