Are you considering a Facelift but afraid you’ll end up with an overdone look? Fear not – our Surgeons are experts at precision surgery and natural looking results. They are widely regarded by peers and patients. Many patients have been pleased to discover their lower face rejuvenated with a custom Facelift Surgery by our Melbourne Specialist Surgeons. So if you’re considering a Facelift to rejuvenate your looks, you’ve come to the right place. Our team are experts in rejuvenation surgery that leaves you with a natural look but noticeable improvements.
Facelift Surgery for natural-looking results by our Cosmetic Surgery experts who are Board Certified, FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Let’s face it – the face is the first area of the body to show it’s age.
That’s because like the hands or neck, the face gets the most exposure to the harsh Australian sun. So it’s not uncommon to want to do something to have it look younger again.
- Between sun damage, skeletal atrophy and collagen loss, the face skin starts to sag.
- Next thing you know, you look in the mirror and discover lines and wrinkles and the dreaded jowls.
- The lower face in particular is a key area that reveals one’s biological age (or less than ideal lifestyle).
- A Facelift Surgery can help restore a more defined jawline and return some firmness and smoothness to the lower face.
Is it time to consider a Facelift by one of our esteemed Specialist Plastic Surgeons?
Questions to ask yourself if you’re thinking it’s time to explore your facial surgery options.
- Are you tired of looking in the mirror and being confronted by how much you’ve aged?
- Do you now have sagging jowls or an aged appearance to your jawline, lower face and neck?
- Does this leave you wishing you could turn back the clock a bit to regain a firmer facial appearance?
- Are you mistaken for your partner’s Dad or Mum instead of their partner due to how you look?
- Do you feel less visible in society as your face has started to show its age?
Let’s face it – the face is one of the first areas of your physique to show visible signs of the ageing process. So it makes sense that a Facelift is one of the most popularly requested procedures.
This is primarily because our faces are subjected to the greatest amounts of sun exposure throughout our lives.
If sagging jowls and reduced skin collagen have left you feeling like your face looks a lot older than you feel on the inside, then you might want to investigate your options for a Facelift procedure.
There are may proven approaches to Facelift Surgery, but not all facelift procedures are equally suitable for all patients.
Facelift surgery may help restore your face to its firmer, more youthful contours. How it does this is by reducing sagging skin or skin folds and wrinkles, and firming (e.g. re-tightening) the skin on your lower face and/or neck area, to leave you with a fresher, more vibrant yet natural looking appearance.
Research shows that a good facelift surgery – potentially combined with eyelid rejuvenation or skin refinements – can reduce the perceived age of your face by an average of nearly 8 years. It all depends on what you’re starting with and how you respond to the surgery you have. But that’s a long way to temporarily turn back the face-ageing clock.
Facelifts, neck lifts and eyelid lift surgeries – usually combined with non-surgical skin rejuvenation or filler injections – can significantly reduce the visible signs of ageing on your face or neck – or both.
So if you’re tired of looking tired – or feel your ageing skin leaves you looking worried, exhausted, aged or chronically angry – our Specialist Plastic Facelift Surgeons can help restore some of what gravity and passing time have taken from your face.
Facelift Surgery in Melbourne: Trusted Care & Experienced Precision
Facial Surgery & Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation are some of the most requested Cosmetic Procedures for men and women wanting to reduce the tell-tale signs of facial ageing.
If you are considering a Facelift surgery or neck rejuvenation procedure, you likely want to choose an experienced Specialist. That’s because they can help restore a firmer yet natural looking appearance to your lower face and jowl area. Our Surgeons can even take your looks a step further, by offering advanced skin treatments using lasers, peels, Collagen Induction Therapy (mirco-needling) and light therapy to rejuvenate your skin’s appearance or combat pigmentation (age spots and lines or wrinkles).
A Facelift is Complex and There are Many Types – Allow Time to Explore Your Options and to Plan & Recover – the end results are often very rewarding after you’ve healed.
Our Facelift Surgery Specialists are well-regarded for their experience in complex facial surgery.
- Our Team operates in accredited Hospitals using very experienced Anaesthetists.
- Our Surgeons go out of their way to aim for scar minimisation.
- They focus on custom-planning and skin preparation to attain a long lasting facial rejuvenation result that doesn’t look ‘stretched’ or ‘over done.’
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a confidential consultation with one of our leading Facelift Surgeons. Send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Whilst we may enjoy the wisdom that age brings, few of us actually say we enjoy looking older. Many patients choose to have a Facelift or Necklift and skin rejuvenation procedures when they notice they are looking older – on the outside – than they feel on the inside.
Facelift and Skin Rejuvenation are good options to restore a firmer appearance to the lower face and reduce the skin laxity and sagging-jowl appearance of the lower facial skin.
Ageing has a unique way of sneaking up on us when we’re not paying attention. Suddenly, the age of our faces seems to accelerate. It is often linked with other life changes, such as hormonal changes and dryer skin that has lost it’s collagen strength and resiliency. It can lead to sagging jowls or hollowed cheek areas, or highly visible wrinkles and lines around our eyes, lips, mouth and forehead.
If you’re considering a Facelift surgery or a neck lift ask yourself if you have:
- A tired or worried look, even though you’re well-rested?
- Jowls that make you look heavier than you actually are?
- Sagging, wrinkled skin that is getting a ‘crepey-like’ appearance around your lower face?
- An indistinguishable jawline (your jawline seems to blend into your neck)?
- Sagging lower jowls or loose skin hanging down on the sides of your chin?
- Deep lines around your mouth, chin or jawline (or a sagging mid face that has lost volume)?
Are you unhappy with:
- Sagging jowls?
- Skin laxity/crepey-looking facial skin or a wrinkled face?
- Looking as if you have a double chin (or multiple chins) or a ‘turkey neck’?
- Excess, loose facial skin caused by either ageing, illness or weight loss?
- Previously botched face surgery (such as an unnatural looking facial surgery or one that didn’t last)?
Has an aged-looking face caused you to:
- Suddenly feel self-conscious about your facial skin?
- Feel as if you have aged prematurely?
- Use outdated photos for your online Bios or dating profiles?
- Prefer low lighting situations and avoid brightly lit restaurants?
- Wear too-heavy makeup and concealers?
- Over-use or over-spend on dermal fillers and cosmetic injectables?
- these may have limited effects at certain stages of facial ageing
- Begun to consider facial rejuvenation, facelift and/or neck lift surgery?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, our Specialist Facelift Surgeons can help.
If you want to refresh or rejuvenate your face appearance and your facial skin (texture, tone and pigmentation), you may be a candidate for a Face Lift procedure combined with skin rejuvenation treatments including cosmetic injections to replace lost facial volume and/or skin peels or laser resurfacing to rejuvenate the skin. You’ll also want to try light-based treatments such as Healite II and at-home cosmeceuticals for improvements to your collagen levels and skin firmness.
Are you missing the smoother, tighter facial appearance you had in the earlier years of your life?
Our elite team of Plastic Surgeon’s can help you regain a firmer, tighter and more youthful facial appearance with a Round-block or SMAS facelift procedure. These facelift surgeries can give you long-lasting and natural-looking results that will have you feeling happier when you look in the mirror or see a photograph of yourself.
What are some the more prominent signs of ageing that lead people to investigate rejuvenation procedures such as a Facelift?
- Growing older changes our bodies and faces in numerous ways.
- Anatomical studies show that deep structures in the face, like ligaments and muscle, are all affected by ageing.
- As you age, underlying structures and your skin become less elastic and start to stretch.
This facial ageing process can leave you with:
- Hallowed looking eyes
- Sunken or sagging cheeks
- Thinning lips
- Loose, or sagging jowl skin
- Saggy or ‘double chin’ neck and jawline skin
You may also have unwanted fat stores in the face or neck area, along with crepey-looking facial skin or sagging neck skin folds. These result primarily from lost cellular elasticity and facial volume changes. Not only does the skin wane with time, the combined skeletal atrophy and loss of facial fat can leave us looking haggard, tired or even angry and ‘washed out.’
A facelift can help, however, if you’re wanting to restore a more youthful, fresher looking facial appearance.
If time and gravity and weight changes have left you with an indistinguishable jawline, a sagging or droopy facial appearance, or a fatty-looking double chin or ‘turkey neck’ – facial surgery with skin resurfacing or autologous fat transfer (or volumising fillers) can help.
If you have deepening lines around your eyes, lips, chin or jawline – these may often be treated with skin resurfacing lasers (Fraxel or CO2/DOT Therapy), deep skin peels such as a Croton Oil peel, low level light therapy (Healite II) or eyelid lift surgery along with a quality at-home skin care regime (Obagi or Medik8 are excellent choices for skin rejuvenation at home). There are also many treatments for pigmentation problems such as Laser Genesis or DermaPen (Collagen Induction Treatments).
These natural effects of facial ageing are also amplified by environmental and behavioural factors.
The signs of ageing and premature ageing are worsened by sun exposure, air pollution, poor nutrition or extreme dieting regimes, smoking, overuse of alcohol and other substances and even stress.
This loss of firm, tight smooth skin and adequate volume can leave you looking older than you feel.
Our Surgeons can help you regain some of what you feel you’ve lost and rejuvenate your facial appearance to restore your facial confidence
Our Face Lift Specialists are highly-regarded for their complex surgery and facelift planning expertise.
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
Send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Face Lift Surgery can help:
- Restore a more defined jawline
- Tighten up the area of the lower face for a firmer facial appearance
- Reduce sagging jowls
- Decrease the lines around your lower jowls, chin and lips
- Remove excess, sagging skin along the jaw and jowls
Ageing is most commonly seen around the jowls, lips, cheeks, eyelids and brows. The sagging jowl is often the factor that leads many women and men to seek a facelift surgery procedure.
We have Specialist Plastic Surgeons available in Melbourne, Berwick and also in Sydney.
- Facial rejuvenation surgery, including a Face Lift and other techniques, can really help rejuvenate the face – especially if paired with skin rejuvenation strategies and dermal volumisers.
- Procedures for facial rejuvenation can include an eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty procedure), or a Face Lift, a Mini-Face lift, SMAS lift/Z-lift along with a neck lift where required.
- You might also get the best results from a combined facial surgery & skin rejuvenation procedure, including a deep skin peel, Healite II facial or a light-based laser treatment.
PLUS, you’ll have options to further refine your appearance with non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatments and anti-wrinkle injectables including dermal volumisers.
Our faces are key focal points in conversations as well as in photos. Visible signs of ageing in our faces, especially around our eyes, brows and jowls are defining aspects of our external appearance.
And facial ageing signs, visible impacts of passing years, are some of our most common appearance complaints.
FaceLifts can help you combat or minimise the common signs of ageing.
Our specialist Plastic Surgeons and customised surgical procedures can help you remedy some of the most obvious and appearance-detracting aspects of facial ageing. We can help to:
- elevate drooping cheeks
- flatten or smooth skin folds & reduce wrinkles
- reduce deep creases between mouth & nose (nasolabial folds)
- lift and tighten the skin around the jowls to re-distinguish your jawline and remove excess skin
You can trust our elite team of Plastic Surgeons to perform surgeries that will leave you looking naturally refreshed or rejuvenated – not ‘done’.
The Ageing Face & The Value of a Facelift
The first areas many people treat to reduce the appearance of ageing are often the:
- Lower face (Facelift and Necklift procedures) to reduce sagging facial skin around the jowls, chin or cheek areas
- Upper or Lower Eyelids (Blepharoplasty) or Brow Lift to ‘brighten and lighten’ the eyelid area
- OR quite often both, sequentially or in one procedure when suitable.
A Facelift can help tighten the lower face skin by removing sagging skin and ‘sculpting’ the remaining skin effectively over the musculature of the face.
A Facelift requires a precise, artisan focused approach to get a natural looking result and our Specialist Facelift Surgeons are masters at getting it right.
You’ll enjoy a natural looking as well as long-lasting outcome by choosing one of our Face Surgery Specialists for your Facelift Rejuvenation Procedure.
How we get you a natural and long-lasting facial rejuvenation appearance
Our Surgeons know which procedure (or combined procedures) will get you the look you’re wanting.
They also aim for:
- NO DRAINS procedures when feasible (but for most facelift patients, drains are used for only one night and removed the next day)
- Operations available in fully-accredited Australian Hospitals for best post-op after-care in a medical setting
- Highly-qualified Anaesthetists and an experienced Surgical Team
- Best practice post-op healing protocols
- Best protocols for Scar Minimisation using CIT or laser technology are included for patients as part of their post-op care, at no extra charge
- Scientifically-proven Recovery facilitation products
- Holistic care ‘feel good’ gifts included in our post-op packages
- The award-winning Healite II LED light treatment is available during your post-op period – it is shown to facilitate healing and is extremely relaxing in the weeks after your procedure
- The best in care by our stellar Surgical Support Team and the Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Team
Our leading Plastic Surgeons are rejuvenation specialists who can help you regain a smoother, tighter and more youthful-looking facial appearance.
Our Face Lift Specialist Plastic Surgeons are highly-regarded for their complex surgery expertise.
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
There are many different approaches to a SMAS or Round Block Facelift surgery – as well as different types of Facelift surgery procedures known by different names.
Broadly, however, most Face Surgery falls into two primary Facelift categories, although there are variations and even ‘liquid face lifts’ or ‘mini-facelift’ options.
The Facelift Specialists can perform the following procedures:
- SMAS Facelift
- Round Block Facelift
- Light Healing FaceLift
- Male-specific Facelift
- Upper Facelift (Brow Lift or Eyelid Lift Surgery)
- Lower Facelift
- Jawline Lift
- Eyelid Rejuvenation; you might want to investigate Blepharoplasty Surgery.
Lower-Facelift or Mid-Facelift
It is sometimes called a lower-face or mid-face lift, and is frequently combined with other rejuvenation procedures (surgical and non-surgical) to get the best results.
Facial Rejuvenation to Regain Distinguishable Features Including Your Jawline
Facelift Surgery can help you regain a more toned facial appearance by removing skin folds and excess skin and reducing wrinkles and deep trough lines.
A Facelift involves lifting the tissues of the mid and lower part of the face, as well as tightening and lifting skin and underlying muscle around the mid and upper neck.
- However patients need to understand the implications of this procedure
- A full facelift is a very long procedure, often taking many hours
Minimally Invasive Facelift Procedure
Another type of facelift is the minimal invasive Facelift – it works a little differently.
During a minimal access lift, the primary effect is achieved by “pulling” a series of tough ligament structures up from just behind the ear.
The lift is supported by a “thread” that is put into place through a series of small incisions behind the ear.
- Minimal access lifts are often conducted in combination with brow lifts, injectable fillers and eyelid surgery
- Generally healing time is much shorter than a full Facelift
- Less invasive usually means less internal repair and the overall result may not be the same as if a traditional method such as Round Block or SMAS were used, instead.
For more on non-surgical options, visit our Non-Surgical Face Lift Procedures pages including:
- Liquid Facelift (Injectables treatments including jaw-defining and cheek enhancing dermal fillers)
- Injectables to reduce brow wrinkles
- Filler Facelift
Before you schedule Facelift surgery, you should expect to have several longer consultations with your Specialist Plastic Surgeon, such as Dr Doug McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Tom Robbins or Dr Richard Maxwell.
These consultations will cover topics such as your individual needs, surgical options, clinical examinations, measurements and a cooling off period
It’s important for your Specialist Plastic Surgeon to assess your facial features, your appearance change goals (often rejuvenation but sometimes just facial balancing or jawline area refinement), and the condition of your skin and overall health.
Your Surgeon will also take into consideration whether or not you’ve had prior facial surgeries or injuries and scar tissue, which will be taken into careful consideration for your procedure and pre-surgery planning.
What are the Pre-Operative Requirements?
The decision to have surgery is extremely personal. You’ll want to decide if the benefits of surgery will achieve your specific facial rejuvenation goals AND if FaceLift surgery risks or potential complications are acceptable to you. Additionally, you’ll want to assess – with your Surgeon – the condition of your skin in terms of resiliency and collagen. Often, facelift patients benefit most by combining non-surgical skin rejuvenation using lasers, peels and cosmeceutical products as well as dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Your Surgeon works closely with the stellar rejuvenation team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing to help you get the best overall improvement results from your facelift procedure.
Your surgeon will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery and will then answer any questions and concerns that you may have.
Be sure to communicate your precise outcome desires to your Surgeon during your pre-surgery consultations and discuss fully whether or not your expectations are realistic in terms of what surgery can and cannot do for you.
- If you’re a post-weight loss patient requesting a face lift as part of your body lifting procedures, most surgeons will want you to have maintained a stable weight for at least 12 months before doing Face Lift Surgery.
- Face Lift Surgery may be series of several operations
- A good surgical result will require you to be healthy, well nourished and absolutely not smoking.
In our Melbourne Clinics, you’ll be working with a team of Support Specialists to help you get the best post-surgical healing results.
- Visit with our Dermal Clinicians to get your skin best prepared for facelift surgery
- We may require some patients to get a medical clearance prior to having surgery. This can vary from patient to patient and may involve images or blood tests or surgery clearance by their GP.
- You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks or potential complications, as well as what to expect during recovery.
- You should stop smoking at least 4 weeks prior to surgery
- You will need to stop taking aspirin products and some supplements at least one to two weeks before your facelift surgery.
- On the evening before surgery, you may not eat or drink anything after midnight.
Remember that individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
Please read our Disclaimer page for details, and ask your surgeon what to expect from your Face Lift procedure
How to get a Natural Looking Facelift Result from a Good Surgeon.
- With a skilled Plastic Surgeon and a natural-looking facelift result, most people are unlikely to recognise you have had facial surgery
- They may, however, notice or even comment on the fact you look ‘rested’ or more refreshed after the procedure — some may even ask you if you’ve lost some weight
- Otherwise, many people who don’t see you daily will usually not specifically know that the reason you look better is because you’ve had surgery
- Many women (and some men) change their hair (or facial hair) after a face lift, which also disguises the fact that you’ve had surgery
- With Cosmetic Anti-Ageing procedures so popular, many people often share their surgery journey and are not afraid to let their friends or family know they have had a facelift – but they do consider whether or not the people they are sharing information with are supportive and pro-appearance improvements or resistant to helping nature along with surgical expertise or anti-wrinkle injections
Many people feel that they “know” what a person who has undergone a facelift surgery looks like. In fact, they are usually only aware of patients who have had bad facelifts or undesirable, unnatural-looking results.
- Bad facelift results are easy to spot; good facelift results are more difficult to spot unless you’re really looking or know the person well
- The appearance of excessively tightened skin, eyes that appear under tension and a generally stretched appearance are often symptoms of excessive reshaping and skin removal at surgery
- A conservative approach is often best for a facelift that is less detectable by others yet which can assist in turning back the clock and temporarily reversing some of the effects of gravity, time and sun damage
- A specialist Plastic Surgeon avoids over-tightening problems and can give you a great result using a conservative, well-planned surgery approach for face lifting
Our highly-regarded Team of Specialist Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons in Melbourne and Specialist Colleagues in Sydney focus on getting you a very natural-looking, pleasing rejuvenation result from your Facelift procedure.
Choosing the best possible type of Facelift for YOUR needs is essential to getting a good outcome from your Facelift or Neck lift surgery.
That’s why an established Facelift Specialist can be a good option for ensuring a natural looking, long lasting face lift result.
As with all cosmetic procedures, the outcome from any Facial plastic surgery is highly dependent on the skill and training of your Surgeon.
The structures of the face being lifted, moved and reshaped are ALL interconnected. These facial aspects interact, both internally and externally or visually, to impact your overall appearance. That’s why it’s so important to choose an experienced Plastic Surgeon with a good eye for natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing results. This requires expertise, pre-surgery planning and measurements, and expert surgical skill in performing face procedures. You ideally want to choose someone with extensive experience, rather than an under-qualified or less-trained practitioner, for such a complex and important surgery.
You’ll also want to know about all the potential surgery risks, and healing processes – including complication risks (most of which are minor but there are some potential risks you want to be sure you are well familiar with before choosing surgery). One good thing about choosing an experienced Facelift Surgery Specialist is that you’ll often feel more relaxed about the procedure, knowing that our elite Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons offer you decades of expertise. They also undertake ongoing training in the latest methods, so as to continually improve their extensive facial surgery knowledge.
Choose a FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon with decades of experience for YOUR facial rejuvenation procedure.
Choose from our leading Melbourne Plastic Surgeons including Dr Doug McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Tom Robbins and Dr Richard Maxwell.
For eyelid surgery, Dr Benjamin Burt is one of our most experienced Surgeons for Blepharoplasty procedures.
Our Face Lift Specialist Surgeons are highly-regarded for their complex surgery expertise.
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
Common Procedures patients can combine with their Face Lift Surgery
Other Common facial surgeries that may be combined or sequentially planned before or after you Facelift include:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
- Skin Resurfacing or Skin Rejuvenation (CIT, Lasers, Deep Peels, Croton Oil Peels)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reduction or Eyelid Lift Surgery)
- Neck Lift
- Facial Feminisation
- Brow Lift
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip plumping
- Ear Surgery
Our Specialist Surgeons will collaborate with you in the planning of a natural-looking Facelift so you look naturally younger but not ‘done.’
Surgical aftercare is a critical part of Healing. It helps to understand the emotional roller coaster you might experience in the immediate post-op phase of surgery (read our blog for details).
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
- A full Facelift may be performed as a day procedure, but for most patients an overnight stay in hospital is preferred.
- After the surgery, you may experience significant soreness, swelling and pain.
- Staying in hospital overnight means that you will have all the support you need during the important immediate post surgical period.
- A minimally invasive facelift (mini lift) is sometimes performed as a day procedure or for a Round Block Facelift, usually with an overnight stay at a private hospital.
- If you are getting a SMAS facelift, you may find it best to stay overnight for 2 or more nights – ask your Surgeon what they think will be good for you in terms of facelift recovery.
- Pain management is customised for each patient and will be discussed as part of your consultation with your surgeon.
- Our team will also offer you a holistic ‘science and love’ post-surgery rapid-recovery kit and high-tech scar minimisation procedures to ensure a great result.
- It is critical that you take care during the recovery to avoid complications that are inherent with this operation on previously obese patients.
- You should assemble your own personal support team in order to minimise recovery time and potential for complications.
- Rest and low-stress during the recovery phase is essential, as is good nutrition and absolutely no smoking.
After Your Facelift Surgery: What to Expect after a Facelift
- You will find some dressings on your face after surgery.
- The dressings are usually removed a day or so after surgery, and you can shower and shampoo your hair once they are off.
- Patients are advised to sleep with their head and shoulders elevated for the first week after surgery.
- Patients usually experience some swelling and bruising after a facelift.
What is the Normal Recovery Downtime After a Facelift:
- Recovery periods vary depending on the types and combinations of procedures.
- The recovery period will depend upon the number of procedures performed at once.
- A full Facelift will also take about 2-3 weeks* to superficially heal, but it may take an extra 3 – 4 weeks* for swelling and bruising to subside.
- After two or three weeks the majority of swelling will have disappeared. After a MACS lift you will be superficially healed after about 2-3 weeks*.
- A few weeks later swelling will have settled and you will be most of the way to your final appearance.
- As a general rule, expect to take 4-6 weeks after your surgery to get back on your feet properly. You will be able to resume your activities in about 4-5 weeks.
- It may take up to a year for all swelling to fade and for your new appearance to settle.
- But it’s best to check with your Surgeon for a more accurate estimate.
Scarring and Post-Surgery Scar Minimisation Treatments
What Sort of After-Care Should I Plan For?
- Above all, ensure you follow all instructions given to you by your surgeon.
- This may include guidelines around physical activity, medication and physical support.
- Aside from that, try to avoid exposing the wounds to sunlight for at least 12 months, and be sure to seek help if you experience any unusual pain or bleeding.
Enlisting the help of a friend or family member in the weeks after your procedure is also a good idea if possible.
You’ll get an exceptional and natural-looking Facelift Result, Practical Surgery Advice & Excellent Post-op Care
Our elite team of Plastic Surgeons have over 20 years of experience in providing natural looking, harmonious facial enhancements including Facelifts, Necklifts, Brow Lifts and Eyelid Rejuvenation procedures.
Facial and Rejuvenation surgery is a journey
What sets us apart from other Surgeons is not only our decades of success in providing patients with best-care practices, natural looking facial outcomes and long-lasting results. It is also that we believe surgery is a collaboration, and that the best outcomes from Plastic Surgery comes from the right patient, having the right procedure, at the right time, in the right facility, and with the right Surgeon.
Surgery and healing is a process and your Surgeon and Support Team will be there to help you during what can be a stressful time
We understand that a Surgery starts with consideration. The actual process begins with a consultation, then moves forward in time with the pre-planning, information gathering period, consent paperwork and scheduling – and pre-surgical mark-ups through to your actual procedure and initial recovery period.
But to us, the connection doesn’t end with your follow-up visits. We think it’s helpful to be available to our patients for the duration of a lifetime.
We have many clients that return to us for later procedures and refer their family, colleagues and their friends to one of our elite team of Seven Plastic Surgeons (Melbourne) and several Plastic Surgeons (Sydney).
We are pleased to have such an experienced team to help treat patients who have all types of complex surgical requirements, whether it’s their first operation, or a revision from an overseas surgery centre or less experienced surgeon to a remedy for a complication or a correction for an out-of-proportion feature.
Our Face Lift Specialists are highly-regarded for their complex surgery expertise.
Please contact us using the Enquiry Form to arrange to book a consultation.
Send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
What are the Risks and Possible Complications of a Facelift?
Any surgery poses a certain amount of risk and potential complications, and hence, so does a facelift procedure. Whilst facelift surgery is considered safe for healthy candidates who do not smoke and have no underlying health conditions, there are always risks for surgery.
- Common side effects include bruising and swelling.
- The shape of the face or skull do change over time, and the final result may change over the years or decades; but a natural looking result from a Round Block or SMAS lift should be long-lasting if your weight and health remain generally the same AND if you look after the condition of your skin with the help of the Coco Ruby Team.
- It is highly important that you choose the right Specialist Surgeon who has extensive face lift experience, in order to help minimise any risks associated with your procedure.
- It is just as important that you follow your POST-OP instructions and allow for healing after your facelift procedure
Risks of Facelift Surgery can include:
General Anaesthesia – Most healthy patients respond well to general anaesthesia as modern techniques are very safe. Our team will provide you with the details of your anaesthetists prior to your surgery to discuss any specific concerns.
Bleeding (Haematoma) – This may require a visit to the operating theatre to remove the blood clot.
Infection – Your Surgeon will prescribe you with antibiotics and monitor you closely.
Delayed Wound Healing – Your Surgeon and Nurse advisor will manage the healing process. This usually occurs within patients who are overweight, smokers or who have an infection.
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Fluid build-up (Seroma)
Scarring – (every effort is made to place the scar within the areas covered by high cut swimwear or underwear). Initially there is almost always some contour issues or puckers. These settle over the months but sometimes may require a small revision often under local anaesthetic. Scars continue to mature and improve for up to 18 months after surgery. Stretch marks may not all be removed or new ones may be created. You will receive 3 Fraxel Laser treatments approximately 8 weeks post-surgery to manage and improve scarring with our Dermal Clinician.
Numbness – This will occur for all facelift patients, yet mostly settles over the months and up to 1-2 years. There is some risk of long-term sensation loss and numbness.
Asymmetry – There may be irregular ridges and crease to both sides. Scars may be slightly different on your right compared to you left side.
Umbilical Malposition/Loss – This is a very rare complication and may require further surgery.
Pain – This will be managed appropriately with pain medications and prompt aftercare.
All successful surgery outcomes are the result of realistic expectations of the patient, realistic surgical goals and the knowledge of possible risks and complications. Nothing is ever guaranteed in science and medicine.
Risks are minimised through careful patient screening and planning, high standards of surgical training, meticulous surgical technique and vigilant post-operative care.
Small, less serious issues are common and every effort is made to resolve them quickly. These rarely have long term effect on an excellent final result. But it remains highly important that you do NOT smoke, and that you follow all preparation and post-op care instructions very carefully. Because at the end of the day, your result is a collaborative effort between you and surgeon – each has a unique but important part in getting a good healing outcome from a facelift.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
The information we provide is of a general nature. To find out what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full-history and surgical consultation.
Read more about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer Page.
For photos of patients who have had facelift surgery, visit our Before and After photographs or visit our office for a consultation (or attend an event).
Please send a confidential enquiry form today to arrange to see our images in our Clinic and meet our Nurse Team for your selected Surgeon.
You can choose from several highly experienced MELBOURNE Plastic Surgeons for your Facelift procedure in Melbourne OR from several Plastic Surgeon colleagues in Sydney.
Locations include: Hawthorn, Berwick & Williamstown as well as NSW clinics in Bondi Junction, Double Bay, North Sydney (Burwood), Edgecliff or Wentworthville.*
They perform a variety of Facelift procedures as well as complementary surgeries such as Facelift and Necklift, Facelift and Rhinoplasty, or Facelift and Brow Lift surgeries.
We also have a highly experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, who performs Eyelid Lift procedures for men and women, along with Revision Blepharoplasty and corrective eyelid surgery as well as Eyelid & Brow lifts.
Ask a Patient Care Coordinator which office location your preferred Surgeon sees patients at — OR you can choose a location close to you and our Patient Care Coordinator can help you choose from one of the available Surgeons.
You can come to a regular event to meet our Surgeons as well, and hear more about our procedures. Visit our EVENTS page.
Why Choose Our Leading Australian Plastic Surgeons?
- Extensive experience in Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery procedures – no junior surgeons
- Precision surgery ability to get you a natural looking result
- Expert pre-surgery planning and proven post-op recovery protocols including scar minimisation
- Fraxel treatments included with your post-op care
- Rapid Recovery packs
- Care Excellence at every level of our Practice
We don’t cut corners and we’re not a discount ‘back room’ surgery facility for major operations
Surgery is serious. Some surgeries are considered less major in terms of time and recovery, but ALL surgery has risks and should never be taken lightly.
Choosing Our Team of leading Plastic Surgeons for facial surgeries means you will get care excellence and honest, practical advice about which specific procedure (or procedures) will help YOU to look your best. And we’ll ascertain that you get a pleasing, natural looking result that is aligned with your other features and complements your entire face.
Our priority is to provide excellent patient care and precision surgery procedures, with an aim on minimal scarring, hospital based procedures, and DRAIN-FREE methods. In a collaborative and comfortable setting, you and your Surgeon can develop a rejuvenation plan to best meet your skin and facial revitalisation (anti-ageing) needs.
Here’s what you’ll enjoy from our elite Team of highly experienced Plastic Surgeons including Facial Rejuvenation Specialists Dr Doug McManamny, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Tom Robbins and Dr Richard Maxwell.
You can also attend one of our FREE events to meet our Team and learn more about the procedures.
DRAIN-FREE Surgery Procedures & Scientifically-Proven Products in your Rapid Recovery Packages
Our leading Plastic Surgeons can help you get the look YOU want, without the use of drains for most patients. They also provide you with proven recovery aids to help you heal and recover from your procedures. Plus, you’ll have the benefit of Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Clinicians on-site at our Hawthorn and Berwick locations.
Differences Between Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons
Do you know the differences in qualifications, training and experience between different types of Surgeons and Specialist Plastic Surgeons?
Click here to read more about Our Surgeons’ affiliations.
Support for Overseas Surgery Patients & Interstate Patients
Please visit our Interstate & Overseas Surgery patient information page to find out how we can help you.
We believe it’s important for patient care to perform Facelifts, Necklifts and Brow Lifts in fully accredited Hospitals in around Melbourne.
- We use a top Surgical Support Team for your comfort and safety
- We use only highly experienced Anaesthetists
- You’ll have several options for your Surgeon and Hospital — ask one of our Patient Care Coordinators for details
A Hospital operation can also help with your after-surgery care. It often makes it a bit easier for you to manage pain or receive help in the days immediately after your Facial Surgery.
Discuss your options and healing recovery questions with your Specialist Plastic Surgeon or ask a Patient Care Advisor for more information.
Facelift Surgery Prices in Australia (Cost of a Facelift in Melbourne)
Surgery costs depend on your location, type of hospital chosen and your Surgeon’s education, skills and experience. Make sure that you choose your Surgeon carefully when shopping around for a Face Lift on price.
Our Specialists are requested to correct many ‘botched Face Lifts’ or unnatural looking results, when possible to correct, with Revision Face Lifts. The revision request rate for Face Lift surgery may be as high as 15% from some reports, so it is helpful to choose an experienced face Surgeon that you trust to get you a good result the first time. This is important as revisions are costly and not everything can be fixed.
The exact price or cost of Facelift Surgery will reflect its complexity and what your Surgeon believes is a fair price for such a complex surgery.
Every face is different, but the underlying structures of the face are very complex. From bones to skin to muscles to ligaments to facial nerves and blood supply, face lift surgeries are serious surgeries and like all surgeries, should not be taken lightly.
A Facelift operation may consist of up to 25 smaller operations, each one tailored and fully customised to helping you get a rejuvenating facial result. There is great skill needed and extensive surgery planning before you have a facelift from one of our Specialist Surgeons, who are dedicated to getting very natural looking and pleasing face lifting results.
If you would like to know more about Facelift costs or get a custom quote for your quality Face Lift, please contact us to book a Consultation. Just submit the confidential Enquiry form below or phone us on (03) 8849 1444 (Melbourne) or 1800033333 (Sydney).
Payment Options for Your Surgery Including Payment Plans
There are a number of payment and finance methods -read our pages about Surgery Funding Options. For more information about Pricing and Financing of your Facelift Surgery, please visit our Finance pages.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend one of our Regular FREE Practice Events and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (Melbourne)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us to learn your options
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444.