Melbourne’s leading Plastic Surgeons for Eyelid Lift Surgery
Blepharoplasty procedures for droopy eyelids and baggy eyes (anti-ageing & eyelid rejuvenation)
Do you suffer from:
- Droopy eyelids?
- Unsightly eye bags?
- Fatty deposits causing puffy eyelids?
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid?
- Impaired vision due to drooping upper eyelid folds?
- An ageing appearance around your eyes?
Does this cause you to:
- Look older than you are?
- Be told you look tired?
- Have difficulty seeing clearly?
- Have difficulty putting on your eye makeup?
Are you a Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Blepharoplasty procedures – Upper and Lower Eyelid Lifts for Rejuvenating the appearance of your eyes
Blepharoplasty is sometimes referred to as an “eye-lid lift” surgery. It is one of the most common procedures for reducing the signs of premature aging, dropping eyelids or puffy “eye bags,” and our team of elite Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne can help your eyes regain a more youthful appearance.
Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery – Blepharoplasty
Upper Blepharoplasty acts to reverse the appearance of ageing by removing excess skin from the upper eye lid. Excess skin can create an impression of ageing in a subtle way that is difficult to isolate.
Excess, or poorly positioned skin and fat in the upper lid and surrounding periorbital area combine to give the impression of inelastic, ageing skin. Old looking eyes generally contribute to an old looking face.
Upper Blepharoplasty surgery can correct “droopy” eyelids and help reduce the perceived age of a person’s face.
For some patients, excess skin means they do not have an appropriate surface to apply make-up to (such as eyes shadow or eyeliner). By creating a firm, appropriately positioned “face” to the eyelid, Upper Blepharoplasty resolves this cosmetic product application issue.
Significant excess upper eyelid skin may also lead to a restriction of vision by physically blocking the eye. This is called ptosis, and an upper eyelid lift resolves this issue.
Some patients also have excess adipose (fatty) tissue in the upper eye lid which can cause the eye to appear “puffy” or “heavy” .
Blepharoplasty can correct this condition by removing or reshaping a tiny area of fat inside and around the eyelid.
Some patients from Asian backgrounds may find that modifying the “eye fold” area enhances their appearance.
This form of “Asian blepharoplasty” requires special care and experience to provide the aesthetic outcome patients desire.
Eyelid Surgery for puffiness under your eyes
Lower Blepharoplasty for Baggy Eyes
Lower Blepharoplasty removes excess skin and fat from the lower lid and periorbital area under the eye.
As well as reducing perceived age, this eye surgery can correct drooping that exposes the area of the eye (white) below the iris, and most importantly for many patients, help remedy the dark “bags” under the eye.
Combined Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty
Upper and lower eyelid surgery, separately or combined (double bleph), can help to reduce the perception of ageing in appropriate candidates by restoring a toned, healthy looking skin area above and below the eye area.
To further refine and rejuvenate the facial appearance and reduce “age lines” around the eyes, wrinkle reduction procedures including injectables, fillers and laser resurfacing options may prove to be of additional benefit. Your fully-certified Plastic Surgeon can assist you in choosing which specific combination of procedures will bring you the results you are wanting to achieve to revitalise your facial appearance.
Get younger looking eyes from our leading Surgeons
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes and reduce the visible signs of aging with complimentary or combined procedures (surgical and non-surgical) including eye lift or brow lift surgery, anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers or Factor4 skin treatments.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
Support for Interstate Patients
Please visit our interstate patients page to find out how we can help you.
Or if you are looking for an Asian Blepharoplasty, our Melbourne Eyelid Surgeon & Asian Eyelid Expert is Dr Benjamin Burt.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons, or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send a confidential enquiry form today. Or you can phone us on (03) 8849 1400.
Finance and Payment Plans for Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)