Eye Lid Lift and Brow Treatments by our leading Plastic Surgeons & Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt
The eyes and brow area of the face are often the first to show signs of ageing including premature ageing from excessive sun exposure, thats why many Australians turn to Plastic & Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Are you concerned about having …
- Ageing eyelids?
- Eye bags?
- Drooping brows?
- Uneven upper eyelids?
Signs of ageing around your eyes and forehead often leaves you looking older than you feel inside.
Fortunately, there are excellent surgical and non-surgical solutions to rejuvenate the appearance of ageing eyes
Surgical options, often in combination with non-surgical skin rejuvenation, include a variety of facial procedures.
These include the highly-popular eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty) procedures to rejuvenate your eyes and leave you looking fresher and younger – – or a brow lift.
Non-surgical options by our leading Rejuvenation Team include high-quality injectables and dermal volumisers (fillers) along with laser procedures & skin collagen stimulation.
Our Team can help determine whether you will benefit MOST from non-surgical treatments or from a surgical Blepharoplasty, BrowLift or Facelift procedure
If you have drooping eyelids or under eye bags and a wrinkled, sagging brow area, you may want to consider a laser or surgical Blepharoplasty procedure, and to explore additional quality Injectables treatments and Upper Brow Lift procedures.
Whether you have a surgical or a non-surgical procedure, or both, our Experts focus on getting you a natural look. We take great care to help you avoid ending up with ‘too much filler’ or having an unnatural looking result, which can happen if you use less experienced Injectors or less-quality types of volumising products (we use only high-quality, non-diluted products for wrinkle prevention and anti-ageing plumping treatments).
We can help you understand when a surgical intervention can get you the best anti-ageing results OR whether a non-surgical approach can still get you an excellent rejuvenation result for your face and eyes
Are you considering a facial or eyelid rejuvenation procedure? What you need to know
If you’re considering an eye or facial rejuvenation procedure, you’re like many Australian women and men over forty who want to look as young as they feel on the inside.
Many people are keen to combat the signs of ageing and sun exposure (or premature ageing) from showing up on their skin and eyelid areas in the form of deepening wrinkles, laugh-lines and sagging eyelids.
But what each person needs is often very unique and depends on a number of factors, primarily environmental (sun exposure, lifestyle), genetic (heredity), and skin health — which often depends on numerous interactive factors.
So the first step is a full facial assessment.
The early signs of facial ageing can usually be seen in the area around your eyes & upper face – your “peri-orbital area”
Do you suffer from:
- Droopy or sagging eyelids?
- Dark circles under your eyes or unsightly eye bags?
- Fat deposits causing puffy eyelids?
- Loose upper eyelid skin that sags to a degree that it impairs your vision?
- Crepe paper type lower eyelid wrinkles and other fine lines?
- Excess skin obscuring the folds of your upper or lower eyelids?
- An prematurely-aged appearance around your eyes?
- Eyes that leave you looking perennially tired or sad?
Are your ageing, sagging eyelids or puffy eye bags causing you to:
- Be told by friends that you look tired or grumpy?
- Feel you look much older than you actually are?
- Find it difficult to see clearly?
- Be unable to apply eye shadow or eye makeup artistically?
- Feel you appear far older than your partner or colleagues?
Would you like to enhance the beauty of your eyes and restore a more youthful appearance?
Our Facial Surgery & Eyelid Lift Experts offer are a variety of non-surgical & surgical procedures to treat your entire peri-orbital area.
Whether your main concerns is a sagging brow, droopy eyelids, puffy upper or lower eyelids or fine lines and wrinkles, there are a number of solutions to restore a fresher and revitalised appearance.
Different aesthetic procedures combat different signs of ageing for the face, eyes, brow and cheek areas
Today, getting a more youthful look that is naturally pleasing is both an art and a science. Technology is ever-advancing for facial rejuvenation, so be sure you choose a Clinician or Plastic Surgeon who keeps up to date with the best practices for each procedure.
If you want to learn more, just schedule a visit to our Facial Surgery experts OR ask to visit one of our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Injection specialists, who can help you assess which specific procedures will get you the improvements you are looking for.
Eyelid surgery is an extremely popular facial rejuvenation procedure
Blepharoplasty surgery (eyelid lift surgery) is popular partially as it is a relatively quick-recovery procedure and partially as the eyes are such a focal point of the face. They eyes are often the first area to show the signs of ageing.
Expert Oculoplastic surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt is an expert on the full range of peri-orbital treatments available to restore a more youthful look
Send a confidential Enquiry form to arrange a Consultation Oculoplasty Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt.
He can assist you in assessing the wide a range of rejuvenation options for treating ageing eyelids and upper face and brow areas.
Melbourne’s leading Surgeons for Eyelid Lift Surgery & Eyelid Rejuvenation (Upper Eyelid Lifts & Upper Brow Lifts)
Sometimes a single rejuvenation procedure can get you the look you’re aiming for and help you combat the appearance of ageing.
Sometimes it can’t, and in these cases, the best treatment for you might be a combined eyelid lift and brow lift procedure. Alternatively, a combined eyelid lift with quality injectables & fillers — or even laser treatments — may help get you get the best results for your particular appearance concerns.
A number of factors may contribute to fatty stores around your eyelids OR laxity in the muscles around your eyes
What’s best for you in terms of a Blepharoplasty or other rejuvenation procedure depends on your presenting skin collagen, wrinkles, eyelid & brow condition.
To determine what will work best for you, Our Plastic Surgeons & Eye Rejuvenation Experts evaluate your skin and eyelid area, and offer suggestions based upon your presenting skin condition, skin laxity and collagen health.
- Your eye-and-brow rejuvenation plan will often depend on your degree of eyelid ptosis (droopyiness) and your brow position
- Your team will also take into account any environmental skin damage, sun exposure, wrinkle depth & genetic ageing factors
- Our Specialist Surgeons & Skin Rejuvenation team at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing can also design a custom facial rejuvenation plan or recommend scientifically based skin care regimes
- Quality skin care and mineral makeup can also enhance your appearance and help reduce premature skin-ageing caused by incorrect products or excessive sun exposure without adequate skin protection
You may want to reduce the appearance of other facial wrinkles during or after your Blepharoplasty procedure
In addition to eyelid surgery, our Team also offers the latest in non-surgical techniques for facial rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction.
Our Clinic offers the latest treatments in:
- quality dermal volumisers, dermal fillers & lip plumping injections
- quality anti-wrinkle injectables for combatting wrinkles and reducing lines
- laser skin resurfacing or skin rejuvenation treatments
- Fraxel Restore
- DOT Therapy (CO2 Laser therapy)
- Healite II (award-winning LED treatments)
- CO2 DOT Therapy laser treatments
- MonaLisa Touch treatments for post-menopausal symptoms
Peri-orbital Procedures can include both non-surgical and surgical solutions
- A full range of Dermal Fillers & Anti-Wrinkle Injectables
- Laser Blepharoplasty or Skin Resurfacing with our Smartxide DOT CO2 Laser
- Personalised Surgical Solutions including Upper and/or Lower Blepharoplasty
Sometimes your eyes area just needs additional volume.
Other times, there is excess skin that can be shrunk with a laser or removed with Surgery.
But at a certain point, sometimes your best treatment option really is eyelid lift surgery – not simply having more injectables.
Do you need Eyelid Lift Surgery or a Brow Lift?
Rejuvenating your eyes with an Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty)
- Blepharoplasty is sometimes referred to as an “eye-lid lift” surgery
- It is one of the most common procedures for reducing the signs of premature aging
- Eyelid lift surgery (Blepharoplasty) helps to remedy drooping eyelids or puffy “eye bags”
- You can have Blepharoplasty of the Upper lids, Lower Lids or on both
- There are special procedures for certain skin types or genetic eyelid traits (see our page on Asian Blepharoplasty)
- Blepharoplasty is often a surgical procedure (and sometimes done with lasers)
- Eyelid surgery by a highly skilled Surgeon typically offers minimal downtime and rapid recovery healing protocols (just a few days of resting before many daily activities can be performed)
- Our team is renowned for minimal scarring techniques and scar minimisation healing protocols for after your procedure
Our Melbourne Plastic Surgeons & Skin Rejuvenation Specialists can help your eyes regain a more youthful appearance
- You don’t have to live with the signs of premature aging or drooping, sagging upper eyelids or lower eyelid bags – get in touch with us to see how we can help
- Eyelid lift surgery (Blepharoplasty) helps to remedy drooping eyelids or puffy “eye bags”
- Our team is one of Australia’s most experienced group of Plastic Surgeons and includes Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt, an Eyelid Rejuvenation Expert and Dr Douglas McManamny, a facial rejuvenation specialist
- We also have Dr Prav Kumar and Nurses Sandra Wallace & Kay Nuttall, who offer Injectables treatments for rejuvenation of the face and eye area using anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers.
Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery – especially for Droopy Eyelids
- Upper Blepharoplasty surgery can correct “droopy” eyelids and help reduce the perceived age of a person’s face.
- Significant excess upper eyelid skin may also lead to a restriction of vision by physically blocking the eye.
- This is called ptosis, and an upper eyelid lift resolves this issue.
- Some patients also have excess adipose (fatty) tissue in the upper eyelid which can cause the eye to appear “puffy” or “heavy”.
- Blepharoplasty can correct this condition by removing or reshaping a tiny area of fat inside and around the eyelid.
An Upper Blepharoplasty procedure removes fatty deposits and excess skin from the UPPER eyelid area, which can also improve vision for patients who suffer severe eyelid ptosis.
Lower Blepharoplasty – especially for Baggy Eyelids
Lower Blepharoplasty removes excess skin and fat from the LOWER lid and periorbital area under the eye.
As well as reducing your perceived age, this eye surgery can correct drooping that exposes the area of the eye (white) below the iris, and most importantly for many patients, help remedy the dark “bags” under the eye.
Some patients from Asian backgrounds may find that modifying the “eye fold” area enhances their appearance.
Learn more by visiting our Asian Eyelid Lift Surgery page, or request to have a confidential consultation with Dr Benjamin Burt in Melbourne, Dr Douglas McManamny in Melbourne, or Dr Lionel Chang in Sydney.
Send a Confidential enquiry to find out how to schedule an appointment & get started on your eyelid enhancing procedures.
Find out ALL your OPTIONS for younger looking eyes
For the best aesthetic outcome, it is helpful to find out about ALL your rejuvenation options — and what each procedure can or cannot accomplish – so that you will be happy with your results.
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes and reduce the visible signs of aging.
Upper Eyelid Lifts for Individuals of All Ages
We help individuals of ALL ages get better looking eyes and eyelids.
A number of younger individuals in their twenties, thirties and forties are wanting to improve their eyelid appearance using Eyelid Lift procedures or Injectables.
Many are choosing to have Upper Eyelid lift surgery because it typically involves such a relatively short down-time period and can give eye-emphasizing results. For individuals who want a better eyelid platform to wear certain makeup styles, it is an excellent option.
Severe Ptosis can be treated by Upper Eyelid Lift
Ageing, lifestyle and genetics tend to interact to eventually leave some individuals with Ptosis (drooping eyelids) that actually impedes their vision.
If you are having difficulty seeing clearly or have severe droopiness (ptosis) of your eyelid area, you may even qualify for a Medicare rebate on your procedure.
Discuss this with your Surgeon or send an enquiry form and one of our helpful Patient Care Coordinators will get in touch with you about your options.
You are also welcome to attend one of our regular FREE practice events to meet our Surgeons and their Support Teams and learn more about these procedures.
Register online for our next EVENT.
If eyelid rejuvenation is your specific interests, be sure to ask when the Coco Ruby Team and Dr Benjamin Burt will be presenting their before & after images and procedure details.
You are also welcome to arrange to visit our Clinic and meet with a Practice Nurse to see more Before & After images of prior patients.
Blepharoplasty Post-Op Care & Rapid Recovery
Recovery is as unique to each patient as is their rejuvenation needs, but there are some general guidelines.
Our post-op care means we do everything possible to get you back into your normal routine. But it is important to follow your Injector’s or your Plastic Surgeon’s instructions very carefully to ensure your safety and your best results.
For EYELID LIFT or BROW LIFT Surgery, depending on which procedures you have, you may want to take a few days off from your normal activities (approximately 2 to 7 days for a Blepharoplasty and approximately 10 to 14 days for a Brow Lift or combined procedures).
For more information, visit the Procedure pages.
To book a Consultation with Dr Benjamin Burt please phone our Patient Advisors on (03) 88491400.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
Support for Interstate Patients or Overseas Patients
Please visit our interstate patients page to find out how we can help you.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our FREE regular Practice Events and hear from our Specialist Plastic Surgeons and their excellent Support Team
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Send a confidential enquiry form today. Or you can phone us on (03) 8849 1444.
Our Specialist Surgeons Credentials
Our elite Melbourne Team of skilled Plastic Surgeon Specialists memberships include: