Melbourne Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon, Dr Geoff Barnett
Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facelift procedures, Breast Surgery, Arm Lift | Brachioplasty and Body Contouring with Liposuction.
A Specialist Plastic Surgeon is a Surgeon who has a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery [FRACS (Plast).
The distinction ‘FRACS’ however represents more than a Surgical Qualification, it assures the public that the Surgeon is trained to the highest standards and offers a guarantee of surgical safety.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is the only professional body recognised by the Australian Medical Council (AMC) and the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) to train Surgeons in Australia and New Zealand. The AMC and MCNZ ensure that the standards of education, training and assessment of the medical profession promote and protect the health of the Australian and New Zealand Communities. You can find out more by visiting their websites.
Dr Barnett performs specialist rejuvenation and restorative surgeries for both women and men.
- Dr Geoff Barnett consults regularly in our Hawthorn East rooms (Melbourne).
- He operates at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne using a top team of surgical support staff. He is widely sought for his Round-Block Facelift surgeries, Tummy Tuck and body contouring procedures including liposuction, and a variety of Breast Enhancement surgery procedures including breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift and transaxillary breast implant incision methods.
- He uses quality Mentor or Allergan breast implants and is an expert on the sub-facial placement of breast implants, which is often a great choice for people who are athletic or who want potentially faster healing than some other types of breast surgery methods.
In addition to his operating skills and patient care excellence for cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures, Dr Barnett works closely with the cosmetic injecting team and Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Dermal Clinicians. This team can apply Healite II, Fraxel laser treatments and other skin treatments to help best prepare your skin for cosmetic surgery. They can even help your skin heal better to minimise your post-op scars!
Results vary from Patient To Patient – Call us on (03) 8849 1444 to find out what surgery can achieve for YOU.
Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett prides himself on his dedication to patient education and stellar post-op treatment care.
- Every patient is unique, of course, and everyone heals differently.
- Surgical outcomes and scars vary from patient to patient.
- With our Rapid Recovery packs, a stellar Nursing team and skin care clinicians on your side, you’ll relax knowing you’re in great hands.
Dr Geoff Barnett is a highly-respected expert in Facial Rejuvenation, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lifts and Body Contouring Surgery for women and men.
Are you looking for:
- A highly-experienced and caring Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon?
- A Specialist who is also excellent at communicating how to best prepare for your surgery?
- Someone who can tell you what to expect and how to best manage your recovery and minimise your scars?
If so, Dr Barnett in Melbourne may be the best Specialist Plastic Cosmetic Surgeon for you to speak with as he prides himself on patient care excellence. He also has an excellent, approachable manner of communicating and is happy to answer any and all surgery questions during your consultation.
Honest Advice, Compassionate Care and Precision Surgical Approaches
Like Dr Barnett’s former patients, you’ll greatly appreciate his extensive surgical knowledge, his compassionate and caring personality and his post-operative service excellence.
Do you know the difference between a Cosmetic Surgeon versus a Specialist Plastic Surgeon?
Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett is highly skilled in face procedures and complex Plastic Surgeries including:
- Breast Enlargement (Augmentation) – including saline implants and above the muscle placement
- Breast Implant by Transaxillary (armpit) incisions (ideal for Asian patients)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) and Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction & Use of Breast Tissue Expanders
- Complex Breast Surgery (implant removal and replacement)
- Body Contouring and Body Lift for significant weight loss patients
- Men’s Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynaecomastia)
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Facelifts – Round Block Facelifts (Round-Block SMAS Procedure)
He also performs Scar Revision procedures for eligible patients.
- Before being invited to join our elite team of Plastic Surgery experts at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men, Dr Geoff Barnett practised in his Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery rooms in Hawthorn for over 30 years.
- He has assisted more than 5000 patients and is an adept and caring surgeon with a wonderful sense of humour and a passion for providing the best in surgical aftercare and scar minimisation.
- His advanced training has included a wide range of specialist reconstructive procedures including breast enlargement, breast reconstruction, post-traumatic reconstruction, post-cancer reconstruction and facial cosmetic surgery.
- Dr Barnett has years of Breast Reconstruction experience using Becker expandable breast implants and performing Latissimus Dorsi Flap surgery.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications of Specialist Dr Geoffrey Barnett
Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett is a highly experienced FRACS, qualified Specialist.
He is a current member of:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- The Medico-Legal Society of Victoria
What to expect during a Plastic Cosmetic Surgery Consultation
At your initial consult appointment, Dr Geoff Barnett will spend time covering all aspects of your proposed surgery. He will explain different options to accommodate your individual needs. He will answer all your specific questions so you can feel comfortable about your procedure and understand the healing & recovery processes. You will be provided with written information sheets and pictures relating to your specific surgery.
Why choose Specialist Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett for Cosmetic Surgery?
Dr Barnett is a highly-qualified and skilled surgeon who’s helped thousands of patients feel happier about how they look. Dr Geoffrey Barnett’s patients find him to be an excellent, empathetic and caring communicator. You’ll appreciate his vast procedure knowledge and his extensive experience. Dr Barnett also prides himself on his personal support and patient after-care.
Advanced Surgical Training and Qualifications
After graduating in 1970 from Monash University, he trained for a further eight years in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery before being admitted as a Fellow to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1978. Overseas plastic surgery experience was gained at the Odstock Hospital, Salisbury, UK. He has practiced in his plastic surgery rooms in Hawthorn for over 30 years and has seen more than 5000 patients.
Reasons why you should choose Dr Geoff Barnett for your surgery procedures
- He has a calming, friendly, relatable, empathetic manner
- He is patient, kind and caring and gives excellent procedure explanations
- He is an expert on face rejuvenation and breast reconstruction
- He has more than 35 years surgical experience
What patients say about Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett
Dr Geoff Barnett has helped thousands of patients over the past decades, you know you are in safe and highly-experienced hands.
For a personal consultation with Dr Geoff Barnett, please contact our rooms in Hawthorn on (03) 8849 1444 and ask to speak to Dr Barnett’s Patient Coordinator Team about making a new appointment.
At your consultation, Dr Barnett can discuss your exact needs and recommend the right procedure plan and pre-surgery planning to help you get you the excellent surgical results you want from Breast Surgery, Body Contouring Surgery and Facelift & Neck Lift Procedures.
Dr Geoff Barnett offers consultations in Hawthorn.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation
- A Referral from your GP or from your Specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Send a confidential Enquiry form today or phone a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1444.
Payment methods and Costs for Your Surgery
Visit our payment and payment methods pages to learn more.
Visit our Downloadable Guides page for more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.