One of Melbourne’s Leading Surgeons for Blepharoplasty Procedures (Upper & Lower Eyelid Lift Surgery & Double Eyelid Surgery) is available in Berwick & Hawthorn
Dr Benjamin Burt is one of Melbourne’s leading Blepharoplasty Eyelid Surgeons. Dr Burt operates at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne and uses a top team of Surgical Support staff.
He is highly regarded for his expertise in surgery of the eyes, eyelids and brow and upper face area.
About Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO FACS
An Ophthalmologist for over 10 years, Dr Benjamin Burt’s key focus is in Oculoplastic Surgery of the orbit, eyelids, periorbital, face, and the reconstruction of the eye and associated structures.
In addition to Blepharoplasty surgeries, Dr Burt (FRANZCO FACS) also performs Revisional and Complex Eye Lid Lift and Brow Lift surgeries including Asian double eyelid lift procedures and combined upper & lower eyelid lifts.
Dr Burt has operating privileges in fully-accredited Hospitals in several locations in Australia.
If you have droopy, baggy or saggy eyelids and need “eye-bag” Surgery, Dr Benjamin Burt is the Eye Surgeon expert for you.
Dr Benjamin Burt performs upper and lower eyelid lift procedures for men and women as well as treatments for eye lid Ptosis that is impeding a patient’s vision.
Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO FACS, is available to see patients at our Berwick location (Medici Clinic) as well as at our Hawthorn (Melbourne) location.
International Recognition in Ophthalmology and Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift Surgery)
Dr Benjamin Burt is a dedicated surgeon who’s key focus is Oculoplastic surgery. Dr Burt (FRANZCO FACS) has extensive surgical experience in the US, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
He has an impressive record of international presentations and publications and is currently an editor/reviewer of several prestigious Ophthalmology journals.
Dr Burt achieved FIRST PLACE in the world in the International Council of Ophthalmology Prize Exam in 2000.
Dr. Burt has completed a dual fellowship at the University of California (Los Angeles) (UCLA) under the renowned Dr Robert Goldberg and an Oculopastic fellowship in Auckland, New Zealand.
Surgical Experience & Skills Summary of Dr Benjamin Burt FRANZCO FACS
- 4000+ lid, orbital, and facial procedures including ectroprion, entropion, blepharoplasties and ptosis repair, reconstructive and cosmetic
- 2000+ lacrimal procedures. Probings, Crawford tubes in children
- Over 1000 DCR and Jones tube placements, using external and endonasal approaches
- Special interest in: Cosmetic Oculoplastic surgery, blepharoplasty, Orbital, Facial and Ocular Trauma; Ophthalmic, Orbital and Plastic Surgical Robotics
Training and Appointments
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Honours – University of Melbourne, 1997
- Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Scored in the top ten students in the final year of surgery.
- Gold Medal in Ophthalmology, Victorian Medical Schools Exam, 1997
- Head of Texas Tech University Oculopastic Division 2009-2012
Visit Dr Benjamin Burt’s Gallery for BEFORE and AFTER Photographs of Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Lift Surgery).
Follow Dr Burt on Facebook – Or if you are a patient, you can WRITE A REVIEW
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey to Younger Looking Eyes
Visit our Clinic’s FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at Dr Burt’s photo galleries and read his patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation in Hawthorn or Berwick with Dr Benjamin Burt FRANZCO FACS
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment (please specify Hawthorn or Berwick)
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- If you’ve had previous eyelid surgery, bring along any medical records or before and after photographs for Dr Burt to review
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Send an enquiry form today or phone one of our Patient Care Coordinators on (03) 8849 1444.
Our Team of Surgeons affiliations include: