Costs: Breast Reduction Prices
How much does it cost to have Breast Reduction Surgery in Melbourne VIC?
This blog covers the price of Melbourne Breast Reduction surgery (average price ranges – plus WHAT TO LOOK FOR in a Breast Reduction Surgeon and Price Quote).
- Read more to find out the price RANGES of breast reduction procedures.
- However, if you want to know what your EXACT costs will be for a breast reduction procedure, phone 0388491444 to schedule a consultation with one of our leading breast reduction experts in Melbourne.
Cost of Breast Reduction and Breast Shaping with Liposuction (Prices)
- Note there are different surgical incision options for breast reduction procedures in Australia
- Not all surgeons offer every method, no-drain options or the Le Jour Method
- The METHOD and surgical approach USED will impact your breast area scars
For a no-drain procedure and Le Jour method breast reduction surgery (rather than the larger “anchor” scars), prices for breast reduction surgery tend to RANGE between between $10,000 and $18,000.
- This can vary depending on the factors we describe below.
- Find out what’s involved in price differences (continue reading).
Who do COSTS vary? Breast Reduction Price Factors | Melbourne
The reasons Plastic Surgery PRICES differ for breast reduction in Australia (including Melbourne), relate to the following factors.
- WHO is performing the surgery – your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training and qualifications
- Is your Surgeon FRACS qualified and very experienced?
- Is your procedure well-planned and customised for better shaping and nipple position?
- WHAT is included in the PRICE estimate or formal COST QUOTE for Breast Reduction
- Is your Surgeon using advanced techniques to minimise breast scars?
- Is everything included in the QUOTE or are you going to get hit with unexpected expenses?
- What type of anaesthetic is being used and how will scars be managed?
- WHEN the procedure is being performed
- Ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees
- Medicare rebate criteria also changes rapidly for patients with a health condition being treated by a breast reduction – and Insurance policy classification changes are underway in 2019
- WHY you are having the procedure (e.g. cosmetic vs medically-indicated health reasons such as back pain)
- WHERE you are having your surgery performed
- General Anaesthetic in a hospital vs
- “awake” twilight anaesthetic in a clinic back room?
- HOW long your breast reduction surgery will take in theatre – plus whether re-operation is required
- COMPLEXITY – your existing proportions, your health, your skin condition and how complex your overall procedure needs to be in order to get a good aesthetic result and nipple lift along with your reduction – in other words, the level of planning and expertise required to perform a balanced procedure to reduce ptosis, size and breast weight AND maintain nipple health and balance
There are 3 PRICE RANGES for Breast Reduction (Melbourne Surgeon COST ranges)
LOW COST Breast Reduction Surgery
Prices typically range from around $8,000 to $10,900 in Melbourne.
Brief synopsis of discounted or low-cost range breast Reduction:
- NOT usually performed in a hospital
- usually performed in a clinic or day surgery BACK ROOM
- using “twilight” anaesthetic VS general anaesthetic (with a General Anaesthetic, you’re comfortably ‘asleep’ during the operation vs with twilight, you’re technically ‘awake’
- Typically performed by a NON-Plastic Surgeon (usually by a GP or other doctor WITHOUT RACS recognition as an accredited Surgeon).
- Patients may experience unexpected out of pocket costs or have non-customised procedures.
- Shaping may be limited (the surgeon may not use liposuction for added balance or shaping)
Mid-Range Costs of Breast Reduction
Mid-range prices for Breast Reduction – typically ranges from $11,000 to $14,900.
Brief synopsis of mid-range breast Reduction prices:
- May or may not be performed by a genuine Plastic Surgeon – check your Surgeon’s qualifications
- May or may not be fully customised to include asymmetry correction of nipples and breast position and shaping improvements using liposuction
- May be performed in a hospital setting OR a back room of a clinic (doctor-run “day surgery centres”)
- If you’re considering back-room options to reduce BREAST SURGERY costs, we recommend you view the ABC FOUR CORNERS special cosmetic surgery report on back-room operations in a major city in Sydney.
- If your Surgeon doesn’t use a hospital setting, ask if they are a PLASTIC SURGEON and if they have actual hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan.
- May or may not involve post-op care and RECOVERY aids and scar management
Price of Premium Breast Reduction Surgery by a Plastic Surgeon
Premium surgery options may range from $15,000 to up to $22,000 or higher
- Usually performed by a highly-regarded Breast Reduction Surgery expert with full FRACS (Specialist Plastic Surgery recognition including Cosmetic and Reconstructive)
- Surgeon tends to have advanced training and extensive experience
- Surgery is performed by a seasoned expert – not a doctor in training
- Specialist pricing vs a junior doctor or newly starting surgeon
- General Anaesthetic by a seasoned Anaesthetic team
- Scar minimisation techniques and good pain management from a FRACS Plastic Surgeon
- Overnight Hospital stay(s) for patient comfort
- Post-op garments, Post-Op Recovery help and Follow-up care
Find out more about WHY there are varying costs in Breast Reduction price quotes.
Recommended Reading about cosmetic Breast Reduction Surgery prices in Australia:
To visit with one of our expert Surgeons for Breast Reduction, phone 0388491444.
Remember, all invasive surgery has risks and results can vary from patient to patient.
Want more information?
Phone us on 0388491444 or send us an enquiry form. You are also welcome to meet our Surgeons at our monthly free events and see more photographs at our Clinic.