How much does Breast Augmentation cost in Australia? Melbourne Breast Augmentation Prices (overview)
You may need to do some financial planning for your surgery and are wondering what BREAST AUGMENTATION surgery costs in Melbourne? This blog covers Breast Augmentation and Breast Implant prices in Australia (Melbourne Surgeon average price ranges).
Cost of Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation
- Breast implants alone VARY in cost depending on manufacturing processes, content or fill quality, brand, type and style.
- Breast Implant costs can range up to $2800 for a pair, not including surgery or hospital costs or follow-up care.
Models and makes of breast implants VARY in terms of reputation and approval; Motiva and Mentor are seen as two of the premium breast implant brands in Australia at the current time. Remember, all surgery is invasive and has risks, and results can vary from patient to patient.
Breast Augmentation Surgery. Low-cost – Prices typically range from around $8,000 to just under $10,000 in Melbourne. Mid-range breast augmentation – typically ranges from $10,000 to $14,500. High-range Breast Augmentation – Cost ranges from $14,600 to up to $20,000 or higher.
How much does it COST to have Breast Augmentation Surgery with Breast Implants? PRICES
Plastic Surgery costs for breast enlargement VARY depending on SEVEN important factors:
- WHO is performing the surgery – your Surgeon’s level of expertise, training and qualifications
- WHAT is included in the PRICE estimate or formal COST QUOTE for Breast Augmentation
- WHEN the procedure is being performed (ask a Patient Care Coordinator about rapidly-changing hospital fees and changing rebate criteria for medically-indicated surgeries for breasts)
- WHY you are having the procedure (e.g. cosmetic breast augmentation? Or do you require a medically-indicated correction of tuberous breasts or severely asymmetric breasts?)
- WHERE you are having your surgery performed – including General Anaesthetic in a hospital vs “awake” twilight anaesthetic in a clinic back room?
- HOW long your surgery will take in theatre – plus whether re-operation is required
- COMPLEXITY – your existing proportions, your health, your skin condition and how complex your overall procedure needs to be in order to get a good aesthetic result – in other words, the level of planning and expertise required to perform (e.g. primary, revision, transaxillary insertion, combined breast lift with implants, more)
Breast Surgery COSTS in Melbourne
There are 3 basic PRICE RANGES for having Breast Augmentation (Melbourne based COST ranges)
1. Low-cost breast augmentation surgery – Prices typically range from around $8,000 to just under $10,000 in Melbourne.
A brief synopsis of discount breast augmentation:
- Not usually performed in a hospital (usually just a clinic back room using “awake” anaesthetic versus general anaesthetic)
- Typically performed by a non-Plastic Surgeon (usually by a GP or other doctor WITHOUT RACS recognition as an accredited Surgeon).
- Patients may experience unexpected out of pocket costs or have non-customised procedures or procedures with cheap implant brands.
2. Mid-range breast augmentation – typically ranges from $10,000 to $14,500.
A brief synopsis of mid-range breast augmentation:
- May or may not be performed by a genuine Plastic Surgeon – check your Surgeon’s qualifications
- Quality or brand of breast implants MIGHT vary – typically involves a reputable implant brand, BUT this should be ascertained to be sure a reliable-quality breast implant brand is being used – many Australian surgeons use Mentor or Motiva (Plastic Surgeon implants only)
- May be performed in a hospital setting OR a back room of a clinic (doctor-run “day surgery centres”)
- The alternative is a back clinic room via ‘awake’ surgery using ‘twilight’ anaesthetic
- If you’re considering back-room options to reduce BREAST SURGERY costs, we recommend you view the ABC FOUR CORNERS special cosmetic surgery report on back-room operations in a major city in Sydney.
- If your Surgeon doesn’t use a hospital setting, ask if they are a PLASTIC SURGEON and if they have actual hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan.
3. Premium Breast Augmentation – Cost ranges from $14,600 to up to $20,000 or higher
- Usually involves a highly-regarded Breast Augmentation Surgery expert.
- Quality reputable breast implant brands and customisation of the procedure (placement, incision size, insertion methods, extra recommended patient safety protocols and more)
- General Anaesthetic and good pain management by a seasoned Anaesthetic team and FRACS Plastic Surgeon
- Overnight Hospital stay for patient comfort
- Post-op garments
- Follow-up care
Find out more about WHY there are varying costs in Breast Augmentation and Breast implant price quotes.