The Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men Advantage
Learn how our Melbourne based Clinic, with several top Specialist Plastic Surgeons in cosmetic breast, body, face, nose and eyelid surgery, is the right choice for your surgical procedure.
Breast, Body and Face Surgery: Plastic Surgery Leaders
- The surgeons at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men are among the most experienced in Australia and worldwide.
- Several of our top Surgeons have taught special courses in specific Plastic Surgery techniques in various medical schools and plastic surgery training curriculum.
- Our Surgeons have contributed to industry advancements and research including contributing to surgery training conferences, medical book chapter(s) and articles on Corrective Surgery for Breast Asymmetry and Breast Reduction techniques.
Several of our Surgeons have presented at various Plastic Surgery conferences around the world, including at the Breast Masters conference.
About our Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery Clinic in Melbourne and our Top Team of Specialists
- The Clinic is led by founder, Dr Craig Rubinstein, a dedicated breast and tummy tuck Surgeon for women.
- The hand-selected Specialists who joined our team are all Specialist Surgeons with several decades of surgical experience.
- Our Surgeons have helped thousands of plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery patients in the course of their careers.
- Our Clinic treats women and men who want an artisan quality, customised approach to plastic surgery rather than cheap alternatives or overseas options that may involve higher risks of revisions or of getting a botched result or lack of adequate follow-up care.
Our Team of Plastic Surgeon team has affiliations or membership qualifications with the following:
Custom Planning, Surgery Extras and Follow Up Included
When you consider the cost of plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery procedures in Melbourne, remember that not every quote is a direct comparison.
- You want surgery, and you want value; but remember, surgery is often a once-off purchase and you will face your choices in the mirror every day for the rest of your life.
- So choose your Specialist Surgeon carefully.
- We also have a strong commitment to patient education, informed consent and scientifically advanced surgical aftercare.
- The satisfaction of our patient’s with their cosmetic surgery results is very important to our team.
Because of our customised cosmetic plastic surgery planning and patient care excellence protocols, including the first year of follow up after surgery, we are renowned for patient service excellence at all stages of the surgery journey.
We are very proud of our excellent surgery outcomes and our patients are often very open to sharing their successful surgery stories with others (ask how to meet former patients by attending one of our free monthly events).
Our Surgeons also have a strong commitment to Advanced Education, and regularly attend the latest Australian Plastic Surgery and International Plastic Surgery Research Conferences.
Our Plastic Surgery Consultation Clinic Locations
Our Surgeons primarily see patients in our warm, luxurious boutique-style Hawthorn East Clinic. There is plenty of parking on-site or free street parking (up to 2 hours) conveniently nearby.
However, several of our Surgeons have satellite offices that they may offer patients living in Berwick or Williamstown. Ask us for details (your Surgeon’s location may vary).
Melbourne Cosmetic Surgery Clinics – Specialist Plastic Surgeons – Our Locations
- Melbourne (Hawthorn East)
Our Surgeons operate in several top-rated Australian private hospitals including:
- St Vincents (Kew)
- Masada Private Hospital (St Kilda)
- Epworth Hospital (Hawthorn)
- St John Of God Hospital (Berwick)
- The Avenue Hospital (Windsor)
- Epworth Hospital (Richmond)
- Epworth Hospital (Cliveden)
Do you know the difference between a Cosmetic Surgeon and Plastic Surgeon? Be sure you find out – before it’s too late!
What makes our Team of Melbourne Specialist Surgeons Different
- Our Melbourne Team and Sydney Surgeons offer natural-looking, high-quality breast implants and breast augmentation surgery as well as Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck surgery.
- Each Surgeon has areas of surgical interest and expertise such as Rhinoplasty, Breasts and Tummy Tucks or Eyelid Procedures and Facelifts.
- All are highly regarded for their honest communication, empathetic manners and dedication to custom planning and artisan surgical skills.
- They also have high tech scar minimisation approaches to help you end up with as minimal a scar as is feasible (and you will need to follow our protocols and not smoke, but this can go a long way to improving your scar appearance after a tummy tuck, Brachioplasty or breast procedure).
About our leading Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeons and their Melbourne Support Teams: Different Types of Surgeons are not equal
- If you’ve been doing some research about Surgeons for cosmetic or plastic surgery procedures, you’ll be aware of the differences in qualifications, training and experience levels between highly-qualified Plastic Surgeons with FRACS membership and “Specialist” qualifications and other types of doctors who operate.
- Specialist Plastic Surgeons only gain the protected medical title after completing a minimum of about 12 years of surgery (or more) – our Surgeons have decades of experience in cosmetic surgery procedures and Specialist Qualifications.
Does it matter which Type of Surgeon I choose?
There are many types of surgeons currently permitted to perform cosmetic procedures and various surgeries. (If you want more information, read our best Plastic Surgery Blog articles about the differences and how to choose the best surgeon for your procedure and your aims, as well as how the Medical Board is discussing making changes to help protect consumers from the potential harms of overseas medical tourism or unmonitored ‘back-room’ procedures.
People who offer surgery might be anything from a General Surgeon to a Cosmetic Surgeon or general medical practitioners (GPs) to a Specialist Surgeon.
That’s why it’s important to check to be sure your selected Surgeon is a Specialist with extensive training in Plastic and Cosmetic Procedures.
Cost of Plastic Surgery: What’s in a quote?
Also, check your cost of cosmetic surgery quote for what it actually covers.
Our quotes are inclusive, whereas many ‘cheap surgery’ option offers actually only include part of the surgery and patients have been surprised at what they end up paying.
So be sure to find out what your quotes actually cover and who is actually operating, with what anaesthetic, and where (hospital for safety? Or a back room that isn’t being monitored?) BEFORE you make a surgery decision based on price.
Our Surgeons want you to feel comfortable with all aspects of your surgical decisions and procedure information. They promise to do all they can to assist you in understanding their role – and your role – in having a good cosmetic surgery experience and satisfactory result.
- So they go out of their way to help you understand the potential outcomes (as well as what surgery cannot do) and the risks of a procedure, as well as how to maximise your recovery and healing journey.
- This includes high-tech and Light-Based scar management treatments, Healite II treatments and healing-facilitation products and Rapid Recovery instructions.
Best Practice and Quality Care: Patient support before, after and during your Surgical and Healing Journey
- We understand that having the right team to support you through your surgical journey is crucial to providing expert advice and patient care excellence.
- In addition to our leading team of elite Plastic Surgeons, our Patient Support Team includes highly experienced Patient Coordinators, Registered Nurses, and Clinical Dermal Therapists for pre-op information and post-op healing and recovery support.
The Team Approach for Complex Patient Needs
Our leading Team of Surgeons also works together for complex procedures and selected Revision surgeries. They share advanced knowledge to help facilitate individual surgery experiences and healing and recovery. And best of all, they know exactly how to minimise your post-op scars.
Our Surgery Team approach helps ensure the best possible outcomes for your Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery experience, particularly for complex Revisional procedures or combined procedures such as Body Lift surgeries.*
Our primary aim is to help you have an excellent surgical journey and the best results for your surgery goals
Experience, Qualifications and Training of Surgeons are not equal
Always Choose a highly-experienced and fully qualified Plastic Surgeon with accredited Hospital operating privileges
It’s important to be sure your Surgeon has a high level of experience AND the right qualifications and membership associations, including the ability to operate in a fully accredited hospital (not just a back room).
Be sure to ask these important questions of your Surgeon, including if they are a member of the top organisations for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons.
Are you feeling nervous about taking the next step to have a Surgery you have wanted for many years or even decades?
You’ll relax knowing you’re in the hands of highly-trained, extensively experienced Surgeons*
All surgery experiences and patients are unique, but all of our Surgeons are specialists in their fields of Surgery. They each have over 20 years or more experience and have mastered and advanced surgical techniques to help you get the best possible results from each procedure.
Our Surgeons also fully customise each procedure for the individual patient.
Disclaimer: Results will vary from patient to patient. So use the BEFORE and AFTER images only as a general overview of what might be accomplished – your results will be individual to you, your procedure choices, and your Surgeon – they can vary significantly from another patient results even if you feel your BEFORE image may look similar to that of another patient.
Peace of mind is important: so is having realistic expectations
We find that our patients often have greater peace of mind after discussing their Surgical Options and appearance goals with one of our Team of highly-experienced Plastic Surgeon Specialists. That’s because our Surgeons are devoted to getting the best results possible for each and every individual patient and procedure.*
This peace of mind our Patients appreciate comes from knowing that your Plastic Surgeons are highly qualified and extensively experienced in the procedures you have chosen to undertake. Our Surgeons have extensive training and surgical qualifications as well as over two decades and more of advanced surgical experience. Not years, but decades of experience.
Our Team will also provide you with practical advice and procedure descriptions to help you understand what the BEST procedure — or which combined procedures — will be best to help you meet your specific appearance modification aims.
Our Highly-Experienced Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons are dedicated to providing excellent Patient Care experiences and long-lasting, pleasing surgery outcomes.
Our Surgeons are also renowned for their precise surgical skills and their extensive experience in the procedures they offer patients.
Starting your Surgical Journey – A Step by Step Overview
- The first step to your transformation is to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Not sure who to choose? Speak with a friendly Patient Care Coordinator or arrange a free consultation with one of the Surgeon’s nurses.
- Bring some friends along and attend one of our free practice events to meet some of our leading Plastic Surgeons, our eyelid lift specialist and Anti-Aging Injectables team.
- Find out more by sending a confidential Enquiry form today to a Patient Care Coordinator.
- At your consultation with your Surgeon, you will discuss your personal surgery expectations (your ideal outcomes) and what surgery or combined procedures will help you get the results you are looking for
- It is important that you and your Surgeon discuss what’s realistic in terms of your expectations as well as what’s required in terms of procedures, healing times and post-operative scar minimisation using Fraxel
- Your Surgeon will affirm whether your desired outcome is actually achievable through the Surgery you are seeking, and if so, to help you to have realistic expectations about what is — or isn’t — attainable through surgical or non-surgical procedures — before you proceed.
- You’ll discuss details of the procedure and what to expect.
- It is important to bring up any concerns you may have about the procedure, and that you feel comfortable with your selections or surgery choices.
It is important for your selected Surgeon to best understand exactly what you are hoping to achieve through your Surgery journey.
Your Specialist Plastic Surgeon will discuss with you how to best achieve this and whether this is a realistic outcome for your specific body shape.
- Based on the detailed information you provide to your Surgeon about what you are wanting to achieve, your Plastic Surgeon can then provide tailored procedure recommendations for achieving the best results for your appearance goals.
- You will also be given a Quote estimate of pricing should you be interested in proceeding with your procedure.
Important: Every patient is different and some aspects of surgery are unpredictable; plus, surgery carries risks. Please read the Disclaimer page which discusses the differences in patient outcomes and the variance in results.
Australia and Victoria Areas for Cosmetic Surgery – Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne
Our highly-experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeons attract patients from a broad area in Victoria and the surrounding regions.
At our Hawthorn Clinic we see patients from Melbourne CBD, Melbourne’s inner suburbs, inner eastern suburbs, North Melbourne, Albert Park, St Kilda, Kew, Hawthorn, Toorak, Deepdene, South Yarra, Glen Iris, Brighton, Beaumaris, Sandringham, Elwood, Eltham, Balwyn, Bulleen, Ivanhoe, McLeod, Rosanna, and Heidelberg as well as from the Mornington Peninsula and regional Victoria.
In the Williamstown and Malvern locations, we see patients from Melbourne, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne and Southwestern Melbourne including the suburbs of Woodend, Point Cook, Ballarat and Bendigo.
Please note that individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient – read more on our Disclaimer page.