What you need to consider when choosing a Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Cosmetic Surgeon?
Did you know the DIFFERENCE between a Cosmetic Surgeon and Plastic Surgeon? Which is best?
The answer to this question depends on what you consider important for surgery.
Each of our plastic surgeons are highly experienced and specialise in their preferred areas of cosmetic surgery. We can recommend which one of our surgeons is most suitable for you based on the procedure you’re interested in.
Some valuable tips to help you find the right plastic surgeon for you
1. Finding the right surgeon:
In selecting your surgeon, your first challenge is to develop a list of candidates. Not all medical practitioners performing cosmetic surgery are plastic surgeons or even practitioners with formal surgery qualifications. So where do you start?
Ask your friends what Plastic Surgeon they recommend for cosmetic surgery procedures.
At Cosmetic Surgery for Women many of our patients have been referred to us via ‘word of mouth’ from our satisfied patients. We often see our patients for continuing treatment and further procedures which is a testament to our standards of care and our visible results. Even so, it’s helpful to read reviews online once you’ve gotten a name from a friend.
Ask your local GPs or Hospitals:
GP’s and Hospitals can refer you to a specialist or certified plastic surgeon for your procedure. Cosmetic Surgery for Women receives hundreds of referrals from GP’s every year who believe we can provide their patients with an excellent service.
Contact the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS):
The ASPS can give you advice and provide you with a list of members who are accredited. All ASPS members are fully qualified in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery with a record of accomplishment in this field and a commitment to ethical standards. Cosmetic Surgery for Women is a member of ASPS and receives many referrals each and every year.
Via the Media:
Cosmetic Surgery for Women and our plastic surgeons feature regularly in print and broadcast media, an indication of our level of experience and acknowledgement of our expertise. You may have seen CSFW or our surgeons in the Team Claire, Vogue, 60 Minutes, Body & Soul, and online publications like Mamamia.
2. Check Their Credentials:
Before making any decision, you must check a surgeon’s qualifications, experience and credentials. Credentials can’t guarantee a positive outcome but they significantly reduce your risk. At Cosmetic Surgery For Women team of plastic surgeons all of our surgeons qualifications greatly exceed all national benchmarks for training and expertise and have a commitment to continued education. You are in completely safe hands.
3. Arrange an Initial Consultation so you can get personalised information about what’s possible for YOU.
In your consultation, you need to be reassured, your questions need to be appropriately answered and your decision should be easily made whether it is to go ahead with the treatment or not. At your consultation you should ask all the questions necessary and your surgeon should answer all the questions you need. Most importantly, your surgeon should not rush you into a decision. At Cosmetic Surgery For Women, we believe information and education are the cornerstone to any decision made about your body.
4. Make An Informed Decision:
Now you have all the information you need you should make an informed decision on choosing the right plastic surgeon for you.For a personal consultation with one of our fully qualified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons please contact Cosmetic Surgery for Women today. At your consultation we can discuss your exact needs and recommend a plan of action to help you to achieve your goals. Contact us now, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Support for Interstate Patients
Ask about who we know in your area or how we can help you with breast augmentation, tummy tuck surgery, Rhinoplasty or Eyelid and Facelift surgery if you have support in the Melbourne regions.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Surgeons or to arrange to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone us at the numbers above.