Melbourne’s Plastic Surgeons for Mentoplasty or Sliding Genioplasty for Chin Refinement
Want a larger, more distinctive chin or stronger-looking jaw line?
Dr Douglas McManamny and Dr Tom Robbins are our team’s leading Plastic Surgeons for facial procedures, neck lifts, nose surgery and Chin Augmentation surgery for men in Melbourne. Chin enlargement or augmentation surgeries are also called Mentoplasty or Sliding Genioplasty surgery procedures.
Our surgeons operate in accredited Melbourne hospitals using only experienced anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff.
Do you suffer from a small, narrow or recessed chin?
- Do you have a chin that is proportionately short or excessively narrow?
- Is your chin much smaller than would best match your other facial features?
- Do your chin and neck seem to blend together rather than have a distinctive contour?
- Does your upper lip tend to protrude and your chin sit ‘way back’ on the face, towards your neck?
- Do you have shading or unusual wrinkles around your mouth?
- Does your chin have a ‘sunken-in’ appearance?
Has having a narrow or recessed chin resulted in:
- Feeling less confident about your appearance?
- Disliking photos that show your facial profile from the side?
- Feeling you have a ‘weak’ or less masculine jawline?
- Trying to disguise or hide your side-on profile from others?
- Having protruding upper lips (or teeth) and inwards-pointing lower lips?
- Suffering aches around your jaw or mouth?
Consider Chin Augmentation Surgery to balance your facial features
Chin surgery is a surgical procedure performed to balance the face. In some cases, it may be performed with other facial procedures or may be part of a facial reconstruction.
All of your facial features should all be proportionate to each other. If your lower jaw is set back or undersized, it can portray a weaker jaw and project a less masculine appearance. By using the correct aesthetic judgement, a specialist plastic surgeon can provide an enhanced jaw profile with the combination of either a chin implant or repositioning the bone along with liposuction of the jaw line to create a sculpted jaw which projects strength.
Combined chin and nose surgeries may be beneficial for some patients
Many times a plastic surgeon may recommend chin surgery to a patient having rhinoplasty in order to achieve facial proportion, as the size of the chin may magnify or minimize the perceived size of the nose.
Benefits of having balanced facial features including chin augmentation surgery for men
Chin surgery can provide a more harmonious balance to your facial features so that you feel better about the way you look. It is a popular surgery for men who feel their chin is “not shaped quite right” in relation to their other facial features or desired jawline.
“When you feel better about the way you look, you tend to have more confidence. When you have more confidence, you will tend to feel you have greater choices in life.”
Recessed chins have been described as looking soft or appearing indented/inverted, even fleshy looking. This can leave a perception of a weaker, less masculine chin, jaw line and social-profile.
Patients of chin augmentation have reported:
- Improved appearance confidence
- Less self-consciousness about being photographed or seen from the side
- Improved sense of attractiveness or facial masculinity
Chin augmentation surgery can bring your facial features into greater harmony with each other. Chin surgery helps refine your jawline and balance your overall facial appearance or “facial structure” by improving proportions and facial feature alignment.
Learn more about getting a more defined chin and balanced jawline
Want to learn more about your Chin Augmentation surgical options to improve your jawline and chin definition?
Support for Interstate Patients
Please visit our interstate patients page to find out how we can help you.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation with Dr Douglas McManamny (Melbourne) or Dr Tom Robbins (Berwick)
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your options
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our Specialist Surgeons or to arrange to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.