Melbourne’s team of leading Plastic Surgeons for Brow Lifts and Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
Your choice of several leading Melbourne fully-qualified Plastic Surgery Specialists can help you get the look you want with a rejuvenating Brow Lift, Eyelid Lift or combination facial surgery. Read more on Brow Lifts below, or visit our Face Lift or Eyelid Lift Pages for further details on those procedures.
Dr Douglas McManamny is one of Melbourne’s leading Facial rejuvenation Plastic Surgeons for Brow Lift, Facelift, Neck Lift and Eyelid Surgeries.
Dr Geoff Barnett is one of Melbourne’s leading Facelift and Neck Lift Surgeons; he also performs body lifts for significant weight-loss patients.
Dr Richard Maxwell is another of our leading Facial Specialists including Facelifts, Eyelid Lifts and Rhinoplasty surgeries.
Dr Tom Robbins performs numerous facial rejuvenation procedures as well as Rhinoplasty surgeries and other cosmetic procedures for facial revitalisation.
Dr Benjamin Burt is our leading Blepharoplasty Surgeon who specialises in Eyelid Lifts and performs combination Eyelid & Brow Lift surgeries.
How Rejuvenation can Help you Look as Young as you Feel Inside
Faces all age differently, but eventually all faces age. And whilst on the inside we might still feel quite young, our skin and other signs of facial ageing can give our years away.
A combination of genetics, gravity, lifestyle factors, sun exposure and other environmental interactions can leave you looking older than you feel.
The key signs of ageing on a face are often sagging jowls, a wrinkled, furrowed brow, and deep lines and skin folds around the eyes, lips, neck and chin.
- Help raise a drooping browline
- Create fresher, younger looking eyes
- Reduce wrinkles and deep lines
- Resurface and smooth the skin
- Strengthen skin collagen and improve cellular renewal
- Treat hyper-pigmentation or remove skin lesions
- Tighten loose skin around the jowls and neck area
- Replace lost volume around cheeks, eyes or other areas of the face that have begun looking gaunt due to skin ageing
Facial Surgery procedures – Specialists Procedures (for best results, surgery & non-surgical methods are often combined to lift, rejuvenate and revitalise the facial features)
To reach your rejuvenation aims, you may need more than one procedure. It all depends upon:
- What speciifc look you are wanting to attain and whether or not this is achievable through surgery alone or through a combination of procedures – or at all (it is important to have realist expectations)
- Skin Health: the condition of your skin in terms of texture, collagen strength and laxity
- Overall facial features and what other procedures you may have had done previously
You may want purely upper facial rejuvenation procedures (brow lift, eyelid lift) or you may be best off with a mini-facelift, full facelift or necklift or combined procedures.
Often, most rejuvenation patients also include injectables to help further refine the facial appearance.
Your surgeon will assist you in understanding which procedures can get you the best outcome in terms of what you are seeking through your surgery procedure. They also work closely with our top Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing Injectors and Dermal Clinicians, so we also have the latest in laser revitalisation treatments,
Hospitals for Surgical Procedures
You’ll be glad to know that our Plastic Surgeons operate at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne, using only experienced Anaesthetists and a top team of Surgical Support staff. This helps to ensure you’ll get quality care and post-op recovery support immediately after your significant facial surgery. And, as fully-qualified Plastic Surgeons (not simply Cosmetic or General Surgeons), our Surgeons have extensive training and expertise in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgeries — they’ll help you attain a natural-looking rejuvenation result that doesn’t leave you looking ‘over-done’ or ‘wind-blown.’
Non-surgical and Complimentary cosmetic procedures for Facial Rejuvenation
At our Clinics, our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing professionals can also help you with non-surgical skin rejuvenation strategies, such as injectables or dermal volumisers. Sometimes this alone can get you the look you’re wanting, or sometimes it’s a combination of both surgery & non-surgical rejuvenation options.
Non-surgical rejuvenation procedures are sometimes performed alone, such as in the early days of your skin’s ageing, to help prevent wrinkles or facial lines from deepening OR to treat hyper-pigmentation or rosacea and other skin conditions.
However, non-surgical methods are also frequently performed in conjunction with a surgical procedure, either before or after your Surgery. And there comes a point in time where you will only get the best rejuvenation results from Surgery rather than an Injectables strategy.
Please note re surgery locations: Ask your preferred Surgeon what you’ll need. Some laser skin resurfacing, skin peels and other rejuvenation procedures (injectables, light technology treatments and dermal fillers) may be performed in our Special Skin Treatment Rooms in Hawthorn, Williamstown or Berwick (Melbourne team).
Upper Blepharoplasty surgery (eyelid lifts) for some patients may also be performed in our Clinic rooms upon request, if you’re a suitable patient for an in-clinic procedure.
Ask your Specialist Surgeon or Coco Ruby Skin specialist for details.
Brow Lifts are popular for all genders
As we age, we lose elasticity in the tissues of our face. One consequence of this loss of elasticity is a descent or drooping of the brow.
Sometimes a Blepharoplasty might be the best procedure for sagging eyelids or eyelid ptosis, but for ‘droopy brow’ cases, a Brow Lift procedure may be the most appropriate strategy to rejuvenate the face.
Is this you? Always looking in the mirror, or holding up your eyebrows or eyelids to see what they would look like after an eyelid or brow lift?
If you are considering appearance enhancement surgery to improve your ‘look’ or regain more youthful facial contours and reduce the sagging, excess skin around your jowls, neck, eyelids or brows, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing team and our Specialist Plastic Surgeons including Dr Benjamin Burt (Blepharoplasty specialist for eyelids) and Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Geoff Barnett (Facial Rejuvenation Surgeons) can help you to:
- refine your brow area
- lift sagging eyelids
- treat hyper-pigmentation including ageing spots
- smooth and reduce wrinkles and lines on your forehead or around your lips, cheeks, chin and eyes
- reducing other tell-tale signs of ageing such as sun-damage or noticeable capillaries
- remove skin lesions with surgical precision and minimal scarring
Benefits of having a Surgical Brow Lift
A brow lift improves the position of the eyelids, restores the relationship between the eye and brow and improves the overall appearance of the face.
A drooping brow causes the appearance of fullness of the upper eyelids and the area of the brow immediately above the eye. For many patients this fullness is one of the main visual signals of ageing.
In these cases, a Brow Lift may often be the most appropriate procedure to help rejuvenate the face.
A Brow Lift helps improve the position of the eyelids and helps to restore the relationship between the eye and brow. A browlift can contribute to reducing the apparent age (or visible age) of the face — resulting in a pleasing, natural-looking rejuvenation effect when done by a highly-skilled Plastic Surgeon.
Brow lift surgery has greatly increased in popularity in recent years.
More people are seeking brow lift surgeries, partially as a result of new techniques and technology that allow the use of endoscopes (small diameter, low power microscopes attached to tiny video cameras) through very small incisions. Advancing technologies help with surgical precision and with patient recovery, and your Surgeon will be happy to discuss all of your options with you to determine what will get you the best facial rejuvenation results for your specific appearance concerns.
Many patients who undergo facial surgery also choose complimentary skin rejuvenation procedures such as skin peels, laser treatments and other light technology methods such as Healite II, for a more complete rejuvenation effect. These technologies can help improve the overall appearance, skintone or smoothness of the skin itself, in terms of reducing sun spots, dry patches, ‘ageing spots’ and other areas of concern.
Complimentary Facial Procedures for Brow Lift Surgery
There are numerous complementary procedures — surgical and non-surgical — that may be combined with a Brow Lift procedure. Again, it all depends on your appearance aims, your genetics, the degree of sun damage (if any) and the overall condition of your skin.
Your Specialist Facial Plastic Surgeon can help you assess what procedures will get you the results you’re seeking for facial and brow rejuvenation.
Some of the more commonly combined procedures with a Browlift might include:
- liposculpture or AFT (fat transfer) to replace lost volume
- neck lift surgery to reduce the appearance of a ‘turkey neck’ (wobbly neck skin)
- eyelid lift surgery (upper or lower blepharoplasty or a double eyelid lift procedure)
- Fraxel laser skin resurfacing
- deep skin peels
- wrinkle reduction fillers and injectables
- lip enhancement
- chin augmentation
- Healite II treatments
We suggest discussing your specific appearance concerns and rejuvenation goals with one of our face surgery expert Plastic Surgeons, who can guide you in a variety of anti-ageing options to get the level of skin and facial rejuvenation you are wanting.
Send an confidential Enquiry form below, and a Patient Care Coordinator will help you to arrange a consultation with your selected Plastic Surgeon and help answer any preliminary questions you may have about our Procedure options.
Brow Lift Procedure Information – Melbourne
A series of 10-15mm long incisions are placed either along the hairline or in the hair covered skin of the scalp to gain access. An endoscope (mini video camera) is then used in conjunction with special instruments to separate the forehead soft tissue and skin from the underlying bone down to the level of the eyebrows.
The skin of the forehead and eyebrows is then lifted. After the lift the newly relocated skin and tissue is held in place with a series of stitches attached to the bone. These stitches and any “hitching” eventually dissolve or are removed as part of your after-care. Your surgeon will be able to discuss different options with you.
After a brow lift direct surgery on the upper eyelids often becomes unnecessary. In some cases the eyelids themselves are also loose issue, in which case a Blephoraplasty may be more called for alone or in combination with a Brow lift.
Brow lift surgery is often performed as a day procedure but an overnight stay in hospital can be arranged.
Brow Lift Surgery Recovery Information
- Immediately after surgery you will have some dressings and tapes on your face and brow – they are removed a day or so after surgery.
- You will typically need to sleep with your head and shoulders propped up for the first one to two weeks after surgery.
- Patients usually experience some swelling around the surgical site but this usually subsides within a few days – a return to work is possible after two to three weeks.
Are you an ideal candidate for a Brow Lift Surgery?
Learn more about your best options by scheduling a consultation to meet with one of our specialist Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne.
Melbourne Surgeons for Brow Lift include Dr Tom Robbins, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, and Benjamin Burt.
Support for Interstate Patients
Please visit our interstate patients page to find out how we can help you.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our Specialist Surgeons or to arrange to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone a Patient Care Advisor on (03) 8849 1444 (Hawthorn or Williamstown) or (03) 8849 1450 (Berwick).