Price of Breast Reduction Surgery. So how much does a Breast Reduction Surgery cost? The answer to cost related questions in relation to all types of breast surgery is that each person needs a custom surgery or bespoke procedure. No two women, no two breasts, no two nipples, and no too surgeries are alike.
Breast Reduction Price Ranges – Average Costs | Australia
This page provides a general synopsis of breast reduction surgery costs (average price ranges) from premier-level Plastic Surgeons in Australia.
- It is only PART of Cosmetic Surgery Pricing basics for average costs of Breast Reduction.
- Please also read Price range factors and details for cosmetic surgery cost quotes (prices for breast surgery) – click here.
The cost of Breast Reduction Surgery ranges in price, depending on 5 key factors: WHO, WHEN, WHERE, WHAT and WHY.
- WHO: Surgeon expertise and recognition by medical boards in Australia – e.g. FRACS recognition as a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon versus a GP or skin doctor)
- WHEN: What current MEDICARE rebates or INSURANCE policy cover includes – and whether you meet current MBS criteria, if applicable, at the time of your surgery
- WHERE: Hospital theatre fees including Anaesthetist
- WHAT: existing condition and your surgery customisation needs including:
- complications and challenges relating to existing breast weight, health conditions and/or surgical requirements
- extent of tissue reduction, lipo-sculpting and tissue excision, techniques and skill levels required
- nipple health and position (resizing/lifting/repositioning or inverted nipple correction, degree of breast asymmetry)
- scar minimisation strategies, e.g., Le Jour breast reduction method vs more prominent Anchor incision scars
- drain vs no drain, other factors
- follow up care
- WHY: Medical or Cosmetic? Does current MBS rebate criteria apply?
- Whether or not your private health insurance policy and Medicare offer rebates for breast reduction depends on CURRENT MBS criteria AND your health condition(s).
- Extensive documentation is required to apply for a rebate, if applicable, and there is no guarantee.
- If no rebates apply, the price of a breast reduction needs to be paid entirely by the patient (out of pocket).
Breast Reduction Surgery Price Range (Averages)
Cost ranges can be found on the PRICE of COSMETIC Surgery page – an explanation for differences in price ranges for Cosmetic Surgery in Australia.
In general, you can expect to pay between approximately $15,000 (mid-range starting point) to up to $20,000 (premium range, fully customised) for:
- quality Breast Reduction surgery in an accredited Australia hospital
- performed by a skilled Australia Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience
- using a trusted Surgeon with FRACS (Plas) and ASPS, ASAPS or ISAPS qualifications
If you want to find out how to pay for surgery, visit payment methods or phone 0388491444.
ONLY a consultation with an expert in Breast Reduction can give you an accurate price quote.
- Price quotes are given during or after a no-obligation consultation.
- Seeing a Surgeon is also helpful in knowing what your breast reduction OPTIONS really are.
- Phone 03 88491444 for details.
- There is no obligation to proceed after a consultation.
- Waiting periods also apply and second opinions from another independent,fully-qualified Plastic Surgeon may be helpful.
Some women will attain Breast Reduction with Reduction Mammoplasty surgery on its own (one bilateral breast reduction procedure) amd others need more shaping or extra liposuction or body contouring for a good result.
Want a Breast Reduction COST estimate or QUOTE?
Schedule a consultation after reading the Breast Reduction SURGERY PROCEDURE page and downloading a GUIDE.
Download Our Breast Reduction Guide
Download Our Breast Reduction GUIDE for information about Surgery Options and Recovery.
Recommended reading about BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY price ranges (Melbourne, Australia):
Ask us for a Breast Reduction PRICE Quote during your no-obligation consultation with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne or Sydney.
- Once you have a quote, remember that it is valid for a certain period of time, because hospital fees or Medicare Rebates may suddenly change.
- Also, if your condition leaves you eligible for any Medicare code/rebate or health fund coverage, health funds and Medicare code criteria are subject to rapid changes.
- Keep these issues in mind if you’re hoping for a rebate on your surgery.
Other criteria apply – talk to your GP and request a referral to one of our Breast Reduction Surgeons, who are FRACS qualified and highly respected in their fields of Plastic Surgery expertise.
Related Breast Surgery Procedures for elevating nipples and/or surgery to resize or shape Breasts
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Implant Removal or Replacement
- Revisional Surgery
Read a Downloadable Guides to learn more.
For more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.
Download our free guides or phone (03) 8849 1444 today – and ask for a no-obligation consultation.
Send a confidential enquiry form today to arrange to speak with a Patient Care Coordinator.
You are also welcome to attend one of our upcoming free Practice EVENTS to meet our elite team of Plastic Surgeons and learn more about the different body, face and breast surgery procedures our Team offers in Melbourne (with Hawthorn East, Berwick consultation locations).
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include: