Breast Reduction Surgery is a life-changing surgery for many women who struggle with very large, heavy or pendulous breasts. The surgery is extremely popular because it provides freedom of movement and reduces both physical pain (such as neck pain and back pain) and the social discomfort of having very large breasts.
Breast Reduction Surgery Information: What you should know
Imaging your fashion choices and your exercise choices being expanded by Reduction of your Breast Weight and Size after a Breast Reduction Surgery by one of Melbourne’s top Breast Reduction Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Are you having ongoing discomfort from having large, heavy breasts?
Do you find they get in the way of many activities you’d like to participate in, from picking up the kids or grandchildren to playing tennis, walking or hiking, trying yoga – or even swimming?
You don’t have to live with the back pain, shoulder pain and discomfort of having very heavy breast tissues or very large breasts.
- The solution is breast reduction with liposuction plastic surgery (liposuction of the breasts is an addition to surgical resizing and allows for artistic, sculptured reduction of the breasts, cleavage enhancement and an overall improved breast shape).
- Get the cleavage and cup size you’ve been wanting, with the freedom from the pain you’ve had for far too long.
- Plus, it can reshape your nipples and move them to a more central position on your chest – it’s a Breast Reduction and Nipple Surgery / Nipple Reshaping or Reduction – and Breast lift – all in one surgery procedure by Melbourne’s best practitioners.
- Make sure you choose a genuine Specialist Plastic Surgeon for this complex procedure – looks for FRACS & ISAPS, ASAPS, or ASPS – if your Surgeon is just a cosmetic surgeon, they are NOT a Specialist Plastic Surgeon – they may be a GP or skin disease doctor rather than someone who dedicated their lifetime to gaining expertise in plastic and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery techniques.
Visit with one of our Specialist Breast Surgeons to discuss your Breast Reduction Mammoplasty options. Phone us now on (03) 8849 1444 to find out more and get FREE Guide to Breast Surgery.
Breast Reduction Surgery by our Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
Our top Surgery experts are also highly respected for their artistic surgery skills in attaining body-balanced Breast proportions.
They are also highly adept at performing Breast Lifts or Breast Augmentation and Breast Lifts, as well as the remedying of different sized breasts (remedying breast asymmetry); and Abdominoplasty procedures for a ‘total body makeover’ when excess skin folds become a concern after pregnancy or weight loss.
Get relief from years of back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, uncomfortable or ill-fitting bras, skin chaffing, and NOT being able to find a comfortable bra or swimsuit.
Breast Reduction Surgery is a procedure many women choose to undertake after years of suffering problems from heavy breast weight.
Concerns leading to Breast Reduction Surgery are primarily health related, but there is also the social-psychological impact of having very large breasts.
Concerns that lead women to consider surgical options for Breast Reduction, such as a Breast Reduction and Breast Lift with or without additional shaping using Liposuction, include:
- not being able to find a comfortable bra
- extreme discomfort from bra-strap dig ins due to the weight or position of the breasts
- feeling uncomfortable in swimwear or at the beach
- having limited clothing choices – e.g., not wearing certain fashions due to self-consciousness or bra support needs
- having neck, back and shoulder pain that is chronic or persistent
Then there’s the skin chaffing and skin infections, the excess sweating, and the postural and balance effects of being ‘top heavy’.
Our Surgeon’s precision approaches to Breast Reduction Surgery can help:
- Reduce the volume and weight of your breast tissues
- Reposition your nipples to a more central location on the chest/breast mound
- Resize or even up the nipple aerola complex (NAC) – balancing out the nipple to breast proportions
- Reduce Asymmetry when breasts and nipples are extremely uneven in size or position
- Provide relief from the pain of having excessively heavy, pendulous breast volume and sagging breast tissues.
However, Breast Reduction Surgery is one of the most complex types of breast surgery you can request; and it is very important that you choose the right Surgeon who’s a genuine Plastic Surgeon.
At Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men, our highly-respected Specialist Plastic Surgeons go above and beyond traditional Breast Reduction to help get you an overall improvement to your breast area and overall physique.
This involves adjusting not only the size, weight and position of the breast area, but also the surrounding tissues using Liposuction or other surgical techniques. This can help reduce chest area skin folds, give a firmer and more pleasing shape to the breasts, side of breasts and cleavage (including reducing under armpit or side bra area fat bulges) and balance out your physique for freedom of movement and expanded clothing choices.
Our team also takes great care to minimise the surgical incision line scars; and to protect the function of the areola or nipple area. In fact, many women who have Breast Reduction have gone on to successfully breast feed if they have a child after the procedure. Ask your Surgeon for details (there is no guarantee) but our Surgeons are experts in minimal disruption of the breast function as they perform surgical reduction of the heavy tissues of the breasts with a keen awareness of the underlying anatomy of the nipple area and milk ducts/nursing components of the breast.
Because this surgery is so complex, it is ideally performed by a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with decades of experience in Reduction Mammoplasty. It is a specialty focus area of our Melbourne Specialist Surgeons for Breast Surgery.
Our MELBOURNE Specialist Plastic Surgeons are highly regarded for performing Breast Reduction surgery with great results and – for most patients – minimal scars, thanks to strategic incision techniques and special skin treatments offered to patients after surgery.
Choose from one of our team’s TOP Breast Reduction Experts including:
Dr Craig Rubinstein (Corrective Surgery & Breast Reduction including Asymmetric Breasts/Nipples), Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Rebecca Wyten and Dr Richard Maxwell, L to R.
If you are wanting body contouring surgery such as a Tummy Tuck or Mummy Makeover, as well as breast reduction surgery, our top Surgeons are highly skilled experts at body contouring procedures.
They perform precision incisions and skin reduction for body contouring surgery and breast reshaping surgery. If it’s quality surgery you’re looking for in a caring environment, you’ve found the right Clinic and Team of Surgeons. Dome meet us and find out what sets us apart in patient care excellence and best practice strategies for great results.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 today or send an enquiry form below. You can also meet our Surgeons at one of our FREE Events.
Breast Reduction Surgery may be YOUR best solution for reducing and reshaping large, heavy or drooping breasts.
The procedure is officially called a Reduction Mammoplasty surgery, or Breast Reduction Surgery. It is a life changing solution for women who are fed up with heavy breast tissues that leave them experiencing chronic pain, limited clothing choices, skin problems, harassment or unwanted attention to the breast area, and other physical and social discomforts.
Heavy Breasts, Sagging Breasts, with or without Nipple or Breast Asymmetry? Reasons for Breast Reduction depend on the individual.
We have several great Breast Reduction Surgeons to choose from; but IF you have a lot of asymmetry as well as very heavy breasts, know that Dr Craig Rubinstein has dedicated his practice to Asymmetry Correction as well as Breast Reduction procedures.
“It’s my focus procedure as it changes lives so significantly,” notes Dr Rubinstein, who is adamant that outdated methods of breast reduction should be discarded for the ones that leave less scarring. “Liposuction won’t typically accomplish enough reduction alone, nor move the nipples to a central location – that requires a surgical solution. But I take great care in planning a Reduction Mammoplasty to give women what they’ve always wanted – reduced, shapely and well positioned breasts that suit their overall body frame – and that means custom planning with extensive measurements.”
Why suffer the postural pain, back or neck pain, bra discomfort and social challenges of having heavy, large breasts?
Breast Reduction is a solution that many women feel they would have ‘done a LOT earlier in life’ if they’d had the courage. But there’s no need to delay. If you’re a suitable candidate for Breast Reduction, our top Surgeons can help you get a more manageable, slimming yet beautifully contoured upper-body physique through precision, artisan Breast Reduction Surgery procedures.
Our Breast Surgeons are Dr Craig Rubinstein, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Rebecca Wyten and Dr Richard Maxwell (L-R). Dr Benjamin Burt, far right, is an Oculoplastic Surgeon for eyelid surgery in Melbourne.
If you’re currently considering the surgery timing details and costs of Breast Reduction Surgery, contact our offices on (03) 8849 1444 today.
See a Top Surgeon such as Dr Craig Rubinstein for Breast Reduction WITHOUT Drains and with advanced scar treatments to minimise scars.
We can help you book a time to discuss YOUR options with one of Melbourne’s top Surgeons for Breast Reduction: Dr Craig Rubinstein and his colleagues at Cosmetic Surgery for Women & Men.
Dr Rubinstein has made Breast Reduction and Asymmetry Correction a top focus of his cosmetic surgery practice – often with NO DRAINS and minimal incision lines for suitable patients.
Breast Reduction / Reduction Mammoplasty: Reasons to consider for having surgery
- Do you wish your bra straps wouldn’t dig in?
- Do you want to be able to wear beautiful swimwear or lingerie and bras without having to worry about the cup size or strap support requirements?
- Do you wish you could stand up straighter or feel comfortable at the beach or walking down the street – without concern about the insensitive attention or comments made about your breasts?
- Do you wish you could run or participate in yoga or other gym classes that have been difficult to enjoy due to having large, heavy breasts?
- Do you long for better posture, easier movements and less back pain?
If so, Breast Reduction Surgery Procedures can reshape and resize your breast area and your nipple area and re-position your breasts to a more central location on the chest area base.
You’ll have a firmer-looking, more body-balanced breast shape, and cleavage contours, as well as less breast tissue weight that disrupts your posture, exercise routines and clothing choices.
- It’s as much about your self confidence in social situations as it is about gaining freedom from neck or back pain.
- It’s as much about being able to find a well fitting, comfortable bra (finally!) as it is about reducing bra strap dig-ins and swimwear limitations.
Imagine being able to go to the beach without feeling self-conscious in a swim suit!
Imagine being able to find a bra that fits – and isn’t painful to wear!
Attend a Breast Reduction Consultation with Dr Craig Rubinstein and his Highly Regarded Colleagues
The first step to a trimmer breast profile that looks natural and balanced is to arrange for a consultation with a Surgeon.
These are no-obligation meetings where you can discuss your options, ask questions, and review your preferences for post-breast reduction breast sizes or nipple contours (yes, nipples can be changed a lot – but you DO want to ensure you use a seasoned specialist to avoid unnecessary complication as Breast Reduction and Nipple Reshaping are technically challenging procedures).
Phone us now on (03) 8849 1444 to request an appointment – you can even schedule a 15 minute call by clicking on the button at the top of this page.
But a good way to find out which Plastic Surgeon (and type of Surgeon) is going to best assist you with reducing your breasts, to the right size and position, is to schedule a consultation. And remember, Surgeons are NOT all alike. In fact, if it’s not a FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon who also has ASAPS/ASPS or ISAPS memberships, it’s likely not even a Surgeon at all – it could be a GP or skin disease doctor.
Don’t risk a cheap cosmetic surgery option for this important, life-changing Breast Reduction Surgery – or any other surgery, for that matter, including Liposuction.
Discount Cosmetic Surgery options are just not worth the risk to your health and surgery results.
Discounts or cheap options are typically offered by less experienced Surgeons and overseas practitioners who are NOT genuine, Hospital-privileged Plastic Surgeons recognised as Specialist Plastic Surgeons by AHPRA.
- We get a lot of requests for Revision Surgery of breast reduction and nipple surgery by lesser trained Surgeons and overseas practitioners (where the surgery has not gone to plan);
- If this happened to you, phone us and book a consultation, but recognise that it’s far better to get it right the FIRST time as some things can’t be fixed.
- Sadly, if you get a necrotic nipple (dead nipple) after surgery from an overseas outfit or from a non-Plastic Surgeon, or other complications, these things cannot be readily fixed (if at all).
- If you DO require revision surgery, it’s costly and time consuming and emotionally distressing for patients who chose the wrong surgeon for their first breast surgery/breast reduction operation.
- So choose your Breast Reduction Operation Surgeon wisely.
Surgery is serious. Also, results vary from patient to patient and procedure to procedure. You want your surgery to be CUSTOM planned with great precision to get a good result.
There are risks. There are potential complications.
There’s also the fact that you have only ONE body (and one pair of breasts) and you want to get this procedure right, the first time.
Because Revision Breast Surgery for surgery that has gone wrong or was botched overseas – is very expensive. And not everything can be fixed.
So why risk your life doing overseas surgery when you can’t even safely drink the water there, yet alone keep a surgical incision line bacteria free?
So choose a Specialist Plastic Surgeon who is well known and highly regarded by peers and patients alike, for getting good results and looking after patients for the long term – not just the short term.
Benefits of Breast Reduction include LESS Pain, Better Bra Shopping and Greater Comfort at the Gym or Picking up the Kids or Grandchildren.
KEY BENEFITS of having Breast Reduction Mammoplasty Surgery to consider.
- You’ll feel freer to wear the fashions you want, to exercise and run – and in general – simply able to move and sleep much more comfortably – with more manageable sized breasts that don’t weight you down.
- Bra shopping becomes much easier.
- You’ll have many more fashion choices.
- You can stand up straighter without feeling self-conscious or even go to the beach without wanting to hide your breast volume.
- You can wear backless clothing as you won’t need a super-heavy-breast-support bra (you’ll still want supportive bras, but they won’t need to carry so much volume or breast weight).
4 Reasons for Having Breast Reduction Surgery
- You are unhappy with the size, position or weight of your breasts (they are very large, heavy in weight, saggy – or all three).
- Your breasts cause physical discomfort, neck or back pain and chronic skin irritations as well as bra strap dig ins.
- Clothing, swimsuits, gym gear and well-fitted bras are nearly impossible to find due to the size of your upper body/breast area.
- Your breasts cause you self-consciousness or make you look heavier ALL OVER than you really are (they disguise your rib cage and waist due to where they sit).
Many celebrities have openly discussed their Breast Reduction Surgery – read our Blogs to find out more.
Other reasons you may want to reduce the size or weight of your breast tissues could relate to the following:
- You have grown tired of experiencing unwanted attention and comments in relation to the size of your breasts.
- You’re tired of ‘covering up’ or hunching over due to feeling self-conscious about having very large breasts.
- You want more freedom in your life to wear what you want and to improve your overall posture and stance.
Results can vary from patient to patient, including scars, breast and nipple reduction shapes and sizes, and position.
However, most women who have Reduction Surgery indicate their lives have changed.
They report they have:
less breast-related neck, shoulder and back pain
more freedom to wear whatever they want
more freedom of movement during exercise or at the gym
they feel more body proud and confident, with better posture (they stand up straighter)
To understand your specific requirements for breast reduction and what can be accomplished for you through precision Surgery, contact our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444.
The value of aiming for a great Breast Reduction experience with a renowned Surgeon
We believe that choosing a FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon who optimises patient safety, minimal scars, and rapid recovery healing is a MUST for a good experience with Breast Reduction.
- Why? Because, like most cosmetic plastic surgeries on your body, you want to be sure you choose a good surgeon who can get the surgery done properly – the first time.
- And you want to be able to heal and recover with as few scars as possible.
That’s where Melbourne’s top team of Specialists for Corrective and Cosmetic Breast Surgery can help.
Breast Reduction/Reduction Mammoplasty is one of their speciality focus areas. They are pedantic about patient safety and patient care excellence. Plus, our Dedicated Teams can correct for breast asymmetry and help resize or re-position your nipples to where they are more centrally located on the breast (where they may have been before you had children or lost weight).
Breast Reduction Surgery is one of the most Complex Breast Surgeries available to women.
That’s because this surgery COMBINES a Breast Lift with Breast Tissue Reduction, Liposuction for shaping and repositioning of the nipple to an uplifted, central area on the remaining breast mound.
As Dr Rubinstein frequently reminds patients, this is NOT a simple surgery by any stretch. Rather, it is a highly complex combined surgery of a breast reduction and breast lift, typically with additional nipple shaping procedures. The aim is to get a pleasing and balanced look and more moderate breast proportions. And the results are often LIFE changing.
It’s a confidence inspiring surgery for many women; tending to restore confidence and freedom to the women who choose to have their large breasts reduced to a more manageable, balanced size and shape.
Breast Reduction Surgery involves two or more primary concerns.
- Breast reduction surgery is firstly concerned with reducing the weight and size of your breast tissues to give you greater comfort and freedom of movement.
- Secondly, breast reduction mammoplasty surgery involves an elevation of your nipples (areola) to a more central location on your chest area. This is primarily an aesthetic change although reducing breast weight has physical benefits in terms of posture improvements and movement freedoms.
Nipple Surgery with a Breast Reduction
Your nipples can be reshaped, resized or made to look more even as well as elevated to a more pleasing position on the breast. Ask for Dr Rubinstein or one of his esteemed Specialist Colleagues (Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Geoff Barnett or Dr Rebecca Wyten).
Your nipples can be reduced, reshaped and adjusted in their appearance as part of your surgery
They can be made more even (remedying asymmetry), smaller, rounder or less stretched looking during your reduction mammoplasty surgery.
Interested to learn more? Phone us now on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form (to the right or at the bottom of this page).
If you’re not finished with your family, ask your Surgeon about the possibility of breast feeding after breast reduction surgery, as many women remain capable of breast feeding after surgery (although there is no guarantee).
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery for Women: Why It’s a Good Option if you have very heavy, bothersome Breast Tissues that cause you pain.
Why you might find yourself asking if you’re a GOOD candidate for a Reduction Mammoplasty?
Women choose breast reduction surgery for a number of reasons, and the choice is a very individual decision.
But most women choose surgery because they are fed up with the problems they experience by having very heavy breast tissues.
From bra dig in marks to neck pain and shoulder pain, to limitations in exercise choices or fashions, most women with very large breasts would prefer a smaller cup size – a C cup being most popular depending on the overall physique (height, weight, torso size). A range of B cup to D cup sizes, or more, is often the choice – depending on the preferences of the patient and what lifestyle they’d like to have after breast surgery.
Is Breast Reduction the RIGHT choice for your physique and social interactions?
- Do you find your breast size limits your exercise options and your fashion choices?
- Does the weight or position of your breasts cause you back pain, neck pain or shoulder pain?
- Are you tired of the social discomfort of having very large or sagging breasts?
- Does having large breasts or nipples get in the way of activities you’d like to do (even picking up your children)?
- Are you embarrassed by the appearance of the size of your breasts in swimwear or other clothing?
Breast Reduction can be the best solution for back and neck pain related to the size and weight of your breast tissues.
Breast Reduction is a popular procedure for women of a wide range of ages. It is often the best solution to help women overcome the discomfort and physical restrictions of having heavy breast tissues or stretched-looking, downwards pointing areola (nipples).
Book in for a No-Obligation Consultation for Melbourne Breast Reduction Surgery
If you’re ready to get started, the best solution is to have a confidential Breast Reduction Surgery consultation with one of our Melbourne Specialists, such as Dr Craig Rubinstein, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Douglas McManamny and Dr Rebecca Wyten. Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 or send a form in today. We also have FREE monthly events if you’d like to meet our Surgeons and speak with prior patients.
Complaints about large breasts that can be reduced with surgery:
- Not being able to exercise or participate in sports freely.
- Difficulty finding a comfortable bra or a bra that actually fits.
- Looking heavier than you actually are because of the shape or size of the breast tissues.
- Sagging or asymmetry and stretched looking nipples.
Imagine what can change for you when you have smaller, firmer and more centrally positioned breast tissues
- For one, having a more moderate breast size will often INCREASE your ability to PARTICIPATE FREELY in certain sports and exercise classes.
- Secondly, it will be EASIER to find a well fitting bra – and you will have more BRA VARIETY to choose from!
- Thirdly, heavy breasts often result in chronic PAIN conditions, from neck pain to back pain to shoulder pain and bra-strap dig ins. A reduction can improve your posture AND reduce your back, neck or shoulder pain.
Every aspect of having very large, heavy breasts can be a burden to a more comfortable lifestyle for women who feel they have been graced with ‘a bit too much’ or ‘way too much’ on top.
Breast Reshaping Surgery for a smaller size
Do you wish you had a balanced torso area and more moderate chest dimensions? Top 3 things to know about Breast Reduction.
- Breast Reduction surgery can lift and resize your breasts to a more balanced proportion.
- Reduction surgery can also leave you looking thinner and fitter simply as your breasts don’t cover so much of your rib cage or upper waist area.
Can I breastfeed after a Reduction Mammoplasty?
- Surgery is best done AFTER you have completed your family. However, most women who have breast reduction surgery state they wish they’d had it much earlier in their lives.
- Having Breast Reduction surgery does NOT always interfere with breast feeding in later years. Many women have been able to breast feed after Reduction Mammoplasty, but DO discuss the risks with your Surgeon and how he or she can minimise them where possible.
- As above, many women CAN breast feed successfully after breast reduction.But as with all surgeries or pregnancies, there are never guarantees.
- Ask to speak to prior patients or ask your Surgeon about their approaches to surgery that will increase your changes of surgery not impeding future breastfeeding options.
Scars, Breast Feeding and Breast Reduction
There are several surgery options and incision approaches to Breast Reduction.
Different Surgeons do this surgery in a unique way.
Ask your Surgeon for details and familiarise yourself with different types of breast reduction: Le Jour incision technique, ‘lollipop’, Anchor incisions and others. Some techniques will leave more prominent scars and some will assist you to have smaller scars. So find out YOUR best Breast Reduction surgical options by calling our Specialists in Breast Surgery on (03) 8849 1444.
We offer HEALITE II or FRAXEL to minimise the scars and we also offer Rapid Recovery kits to get you back into your daily routines as quickly as feasible (but DO allow yourself time to heal and DO familiarise yourself with all aspects of surgery, including procedures, healing times and risks). It’s very helpful to have adequate information and you want to be well informed; that noted, ask to speak to patients who’ve had the procedure – they often say they only wish they’d had it sooner!
Here’s the AFTER Breast Reduction Photo of a patient of Dr Craig Rubinstein who was also featured in a Vogue magazine editorial.
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift: Getting your upper body back in proportion and finding balance in size and shape and nipple location
Women often wish they’d had the surgery sooner rather than later, as they could have had improved quality of life with less pain and more exercise freedom.
Is it a great idea to get a Breast Reduction at this time of life?
Sometimes pregnancy and weight change takes a toll on your body. Other times it’s a genetic inheritance that leaves you with very large, heavy breasts that are uncomfortable – physically, psychologically and socially.
Only YOU can decide – based on what you’ve experienced over a lifetime or decades of having very large, heavy breasts.
But if you’re fed up with the problems you have found from having heavy breast tissues or sagging breasts and nipples, call a Patient Care Coordinator today on (03) 8849 1444. We offer no-obligation consultations to assess your suitability for the Breast Reduction procedure and what type of breast and nipple surgery you might be eligible to have (there are different options and at Cosmetic Surgery for Women, you have a choice of several top Melbourne Plastic Surgeons and Cosmetic Surgery Specialists to choose from).
Top complaints that may be helped via a Breast Reduction Surgery by our Leading Melbourne Surgeons Team.
- Chronic skin infections or irritations
- Sagging or stretched nipples
- Uncomfortable bras or difficulty finding bras that fit well
- Physical pain (neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain)
- Social discomfort or embarrassment – insensitive remarks from strangers
- Intimacy concerns (focus on the breasts or breasts that hang lower than you’d like)
- Fear of wearing revealing clothing, backless outfits, or swimsuits – self-conscious about the beach
- Recurrent skin infections in the breast crease
- Limited fashion choices or limited exercise options
- Hurtful comments about breast size – even from people who know you well
- Bra straps ‘digging in’ the shoulder area creating permanent skin grooves
If you feel the size or weight of your breasts detrimentally impacts your daily activities, clothing choices, exercise options and comfort levels in activities and social situations, then Breast Reduction surgery may help.
Melbourne’s top team of Breast Surgeons for Breast Reduction and Breast Lift Surgery including after pregnancy or weight loss can be found by phoning (03) 8849 1444 or sending in an enquiry form.
Our Specialist Breast Reduction Surgeons in Melbourne are TOPS for top-reduction surgery.
Reduction mammoplasty surgery of the breast should be performed by a seasoned Specialist Surgeon.
Fortunately for patients in our region, you’ll have five or more Specialists Breast Surgeons to choose from.
Choose from our team’s TOP Surgeons for Breast Reduction & Nipple Reshaping Surgery
Confused which Melbourne Specialist Breast Surgeon to choose?
- Our Surgeons are FRACS qualified, Specialist Plastic Surgeons with decade of experience and expertise.
- Several of our Surgeons also specialise in Breast Reduction Surgery, Revision Breast Surgery and Nipple and Breast Surgery and are considered experts by their Colleagues.
- Call a Patient Care Coordinator today for helpful information about our Surgeons, locations and procedure costs by phoning (03) 8849 1444. We look forward to assisting you with scheduling a confidential consultation and assessment for your suitability for surgery.
We can even help you understand which of our Melbourne Surgeons may best fit your personality, your surgery needs or your surgery timing best!
Costs and Payment methods of Breast Reduction Surgery
Each surgery is fully customised so we can give you a cost range over the phone, however, it’s really dependent on your specific concerns and needs. We believe you should never settle for a cheap overseas option when you may end up regretting your results – do your research.
Watch our VIDEO about the COST of COSMETIC SURGERY. You can also email us and request a Downloadable Guide to Breast Surgery. Use the form at the bottom of this page or phone (03) 8849 1444.
Choose one of our leading FRACS Qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeons for quality, precision planning and the ultimate experience in patient care.
Our Surgeons operate in fully accredited hospitals using experienced Anaesthetists. You’ll relax knowing you’ve chosen an experienced FRACS qualified, Specialist Plastic Surgeon and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery support Team.
If you’re wondering how to payment methods your breast reduction surgery, visit the PAYMENT methods pages.
RISKS of Breast Reduction Surgery.
There are risks to breast reduction surgery as there are for other surgery procedures, and some risks unique to the procedure. Surgery risks can be found on our FAQ page or ask us for information. Healthy, suitable candidates for surgery will have fewer risks than patients who are unhealthy or who smoke. That’s why it’s so important to be honest in your pre-surgery consultation about what you eat, what health conditions you have, and whether or not you smoke or use other substances.
During a confidential consultation, we will provide you with information on risks, costs, recovery and rapid recovery packages that we offer patients to help facilitate their healing. There is a lot you CAN do – both before and after your surgery – to reduce your likelihood of complications or other surgery risks. So it’s important to prepare for your surgery with as much notice as possible. But if you have a particular date in mind for your surgery, let us know so we can help you book the time you want to have your procedure done.
Male Breast Reduction vs Female Breast Reduction
We also perform Breast Reduction for Men for Gynaecomastia
Even MEN get breast reduction surgery, known as a popular surgery treatment for Gynecomastia (Gynaecomastia) or “man boobs.” If you want to read more about surgery for male breast reduction, visit our male Aesthetic breast surgery pages. The Surgeons for Male Breast Reduction are Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Geoff Barnett.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your Surgeon consultation – bring along a friend or family member (optional) – partners welcome.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful, but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral but your rebate on the Specialist appointment may not be available without a GP referral.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 fee to reserve your time.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us on (03) 8849 1444 or send in an enquiry form
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Consultations may be available in Hawthorn East / Melbourne, Berwick or near the Williamstown/Geelong region – ask which of our Breast Surgeons consults in each location.