Combined Breast Reduction Breast Lift Surgery (Breast Reduction Mammoplasty)
A popular procedure for creating lighter, more balanced and less-cumbersome breasts is a Breast Reduction combined with Breast Lift Surgery.
Are you considering having Breast Reduction surgery?
If so, chances are this popular cosmetic surgery procedure to reduce the size of your breasts and/or nipples has been on your mind for some time. That’s because heavy, large breasts can often be quite uncomfortable to carry or to find good bras to wear, yet alone exercise wear and swimwear fashions that don’t overly emphasise what you have ‘on top.’ And what comes along with a proper Breast Reduction surgery is a lift of where the breasts, and nipples, sit in the chest area or upper torso area.
The lift and reduction procedure can get you great results in terms of reducing breast size and breast weight to more manageable proportions, as well as repositioning your nipples to where they no longer fall beneath the inframmary crease line (reducing sagging).
Why many women choose to have Breast Reduction Surgery
Social Embarrassment and Pain of having Large, Heavy Breasts
If you’re tired of hiding behind certain types of fashions or feeling socially harassed by unwarranted comments, AND if you always wanted the freedoms that are part of having smaller or more centrally positioned breasts, then a Breast Reduction combined with a Breast Lift Surgery may be your best solution.
- Because let’s face it – other means are not long-lasting and only reducing the size and weight of the breasts will typically give you the relief you’re wanting in terms of relief from back, neck or shoulder pain and socially awkward comments from insensitive people who don’t know what it’s like to carry large, heavy breasts.
- Not only do excessively large breasts often cause back pain and skin chaffing, they can also leave semi-permanent bra strap marks (skin indents) where the straps dig into the skin as they hold the breast weight.
There are many options and variations of this Reduction Mammoplasty procedure, however.
Even though it’s a popular procedure, it’s important to get the right information AND the right Surgery support BEFORE you choose to have surgery.
We have another Specialist on our team, as Dr Benjamin Burt is our team’s dedicated eyelid lift surgeon and eye area rejuvenation and facial modification expert. Many Specialist Surgeons on our team also focus on other breast procedures and body contouring surgery, including liposuction and Tummy Tucks, post-pregnancy body makeovers, facial surgery and nose reshaping Rhinoplasty surgery.
Find out which Specialist SURGEON in Melbourne is best for your Breast Reduction/Breast Lift procedure by phoning our team on (03) 8849 1444.
Our Patient Care Advisors can help you determine which Surgeon or Hospital is right for your Breast Surgery.
One of the more common complaints about breasts that are noticeably ample or heavy and cumbersome in size and shape is that they inhibit the ability to move freely, to run, cycle or swim with ease, and to wear just about any fashion you’d find enjoyable to wear.
So why stay limited to carrying heavy breasts, when a long-term surgical solution can help reduce the size of large breasts and lighten up your upper half for the rest of your lifetime?
Find out more about getting a more balanced physique through cosmetic breast surgery, by sending an enquiry form today or phoning our Breast Specialists Patient Care Advisors for our Plastic Surgeons on (03) 8849 1444 today. Our Surgeons are renowned for breast reduction surgery and you can also read patient experiences of their breast reduction surgeries on our Best Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Procedures information BLOG.
Too Big Breasts: Why having abundant breast tissue can leave your breasts feeling heavy on your body.
“I wish my breasts were smaller or lighter.”
Do you go around saying you wish your breasts were smaller?
Heavy breasts can also limit your clothing choices or ability to participate fully in all sports – as well as impede your social confidence levels and hence, impact upon your quality of your life.
Breast tissue that is heavy, or which hangs quite low on the torso, often results in social problems as well as physical concerns.
Cyber-bullying about breast size is also increasingly common, as are unwanted comments made by insensitive people.
That’s why Breast Reduction Surgery is such a life-changing, satisfying procedure for so many women.
So if you’re like many women who feel burdened by having overly-expansive or low-hanging breast tissue, you may be ready to undergo a Breast Reduction with an Uplift (Mastopexy) procedure.
If you’re finding it increasingly uncomfortable to go through your daily life carrying large or heavy breasts, you’re definitely not alone.
Women regularly report feeling embarrassment or self-consciousness about their large breasts, as well as neck, back, bra strap ‘dig-ins’ and shoulder pain.
Many women suffer from this problem, although the majority due so in silence due to embarrassment.
You don’t have to live that way, however.
Breast Reduction surgery can be an excellent, long-lasting solution to the problems caused by large, heavy breast tissue or ‘too much’ cleavage.
Breast Reduction with an Uplift is a popular, life-changing surgical procedure for many women who have LARGE, HEAVY and LOW-HANGING Breast Tissue they’d prefer to have reduced and uplifted to a more day-to-day manageable position.
Large Breasts can interfere with daily activities including jobs, clothing (fashions) and exercise options – but a Breast Reduction & Uplift can help get your breasts into better balance with your body.
Many women find having very large breasts impedes their daily activities and leads to problems including:
- recurring skin infections
- unwanted social attention or comments
For a confidential consultation with one of our leading Breast Specialist Surgeons to discuss your appearance concerns or breast size concerns, please contact a Patient Care Advisor using the Enquiry Form below.
Send an Enquiry Form today to find out more – or if you are ready to get started by booking a consultation, you can phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisors about which Surgeon to see.
You can also read more about other related procedures on our Breast Pages.
Are you a candidate for a Breast Reduction Surgery & Breast Lift procedure?
There are key questions to ask yourself if you are considering surgery to reduce and uplift your breast tissue.
Firstly, are your breasts impacting on your physical activities, clothing choices or social life?
Most women who choose a Breast Reduction with an Uplift do so because they feel uncomfortable.
Discomfort might be in relation to activities (not feeling able to comfortably participate in gym classes), clothing (feeling unable to wear the latest fashions), or relationships (feeling embarrassed about the size of the breasts or nipples or where they ‘fall to’ on the torso).
If you’ve been disguising your breast size by wearing loose, baggy outfits, you’re probably a bit tired of not having the freedom to wear what you want.
Or you might be fed up with not feeling comfortable to go to the beach or participate in other social situations without experiencing unwanted attention or comments about your breast-proportions.
Chances are high that you’re on this page about Breast Reduction & Uplifts because you’re well and truly fed up with problems related to overly-abundant, heavy breast tissue.
How do you know if you’re a Candidate for Breast Reduction with Uplift Surgery?
- Are you tired of having overly-large and heavy breasts?
- Are you experiencing regular back, neck or shoulder pain related to your breast size or position?
- Is wearing a bra uncomfortable — or is finding a comfortable well-fitting bra nearly impossible?
- Do your bra straps dig into your skin, leaving deep grooves and skin marks?
- Do you get frequent rashes under your breasts?
- Is your physical balance impacted by having a very large chest?
- Are you unable to participate comfortably in fitness classes or yoga?
- Do insensitive people make rude comments about your breast size?
- Do people look at your breasts rather than looking at your face?
- Do you feel self-conscious about your breasts?
Breast Reduction Surgery with Breast Lift (Reduction Mammoplasty) can reduce Over-sized Breast Tissue and Readily Reshape Your Breasts for better balance.
Breast Reduction with Uplift Surgery (re-positioning the nipples and giving a more pleasing shape to the breasts) is a complex procedure.
It is best performed by highly-skilled, experienced Plastic Surgeons, such as our team of Breast Specialists, as it requires a high level of technical precision and extensive experience to get the best outcomes (natural looking, long lasting, and with minimal scarring thanks to Fraxel laser options during the healing and recovery period).
Wear what YOU want – not what makes your breasts look smaller
Better balanced breasts can help to bring your breast area into more harmonious proportions with other aspects of your body frame (physique). It can also reduce physical pains, social embarrassment or awkwardness – whilst freeing you up to WEAR WHAT YOU WANT.
“Sounds great, but how does Breast Reduction With an Uplift Surgery work – and how to I choose the best Surgeon?” is what you’re probably wanting to know.
- Breast reduction surgery readjusts your breast size, excessive breast weight & breast droopiness
- A breast reduction procedure provides enhanced overall body proportion while maintaining breast size and shape
- Reduction Surgery often includes a nipple relocation and/or reduction and a Breast Lift to achieve an optimal result
- Choosing the RIGHT Surgeon is just as important as getting the RIGHT procedure done for the RIGHT reasons – for yourself, for what you’re wanting and with full awareness of the pros and cons of surgery as well as other alternatives
- Read our BLOG article about choosing the best Surgeon for your procedure – and keep in mind that the Qualifications, Training, Education and Specialty Focus Areas of Surgery of your Selected Surgeon – in addition to how well you follow the preparation and post-op recovery instructions from your Specialist – all have impacts on your long-term outcomes
- Want more info? Register to attend a Breast, Body & Face Surgery Info Evening at our Practice – FREE – visit our EVENTS pages.
Breast Reduction with Breast Lift Surgeons in Melbourne
Plastic Surgery: a popular solution to best treat the physical, social and skin infection pains that can result from having excessively large or heavy breast tissue.
- Having more body-proportionate breasts often means you’ll feel more feminine or more physically comfortable
- Breast reduction surgery can significantly improve the quality of life by alleviating breast-related pain & social stress related to super-sized breasts
- Breast reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty) surgery has been found to improve health, confidence and self-esteem for many patients
- You might hear yourself saying the same thing other breast reduction surgery patients have said repeatedly: “I should have done this years ago!”
For more information about a breast reduction procedures in Melbourne or for a personal Confidential Consultation, please contact us.
You can also read more details about the procedures by visiting our Breast Reduction Pages (Breast Reductions include a Breast Uplift or Breast Lift and nipple surgery to meet your goals for nipple location/placement and nipple size).
You may be an ideal candidate for Breast Reduction & Lift Surgery by one of our Melbourne Specialists
If you feel your existing breast tissue is simply NOT in balanced proportions to your overall body shape – of if it’s way beyond your desired breast size – our Breast Surgeons can help you with a Breast Reduction Mammoplasty procedure (which includes an uplift and nipple relocation).
If having very large, heavy breasts has been a significant problem for you for a long, long time, and if you want to end the frustration of being unable to find a bra that fits you well and feel comfortable, then ask to meet with one of our Breast Reduction Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a confidential consultation. You’ll be glad you did.
All of our highly-qualified Plastic Surgeons customise every Breast Reduction procedure for each individual patient.
To book your consultation send an Enquiry Form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
*Individual results will always vary. Your Surgeon can help you understand what is — and isn’t — possible for your specific body and appearance goals.
Breast Reduction Procedures – Read more on our Breast Reduction Pages.
Melbourne’s leading Breast Reduction & Breast Reshaping Specialists
For your Breast Reduction journey, our Team’s leading highly-experienced Breast Specialists include the following specialist, all of whom are fully qualified Plastic Surgeons with over 20 years of experience performing complex Breast Surgeries and natural-looking Breast Reduction Mammoplasty procedures.
Our Breast Reduction & Uplift Surgery Promises for your Reduction Mammoplasty with an Uplift
- Precision planning
- Minimal scarring with the Le Jour (Lollipop) technique if you’re a suitable Breast Reduction candidate
- Size, position & cleavage to balance out your physique and meet your surgery goals
- Precise and extensive pre-surgery measurements, and advanced Breast Reduction & Uplift Surgery Techniques
- Surgery can also correct for asymmetry or reconstruct a more balanced nipples size
DRAIN FREE Procedures – more comfortable for most patients – we offer NO DRAIN procedures for most patients as well as Fraxel treatments for post-op scar minimisation (included with your Surgery costs)
- A DRAIN FREE procedure to help minimise post-op discomfort for most patients
- An exercise-friendly, bra-friendly Breast Reduction result
- Incision precision & best practice scar minimisation strategies
- Accredited Hospital Operating Facilities (not back rooms and not overseas facilities where you barely see your Surgeon)
- Excellent patient post-surgery care after your reduction surgery – follow up is often included for 12 months
- Not all Surgeons use Drain Free procedures and not all patients may be suitable; ask us during your consultation or tell your Patient Care Advisor you prefer a drain-free surgery for your breast reduction mammoplasty/breast lift procedure.
Our Melbourne Breast Surgery Specialists can help you reshape, reposition & balance your Breasts & Nipples
If you’re wanting a more balanced breast proportion or an uplifted, smaller breast shape, our Breast Specialists in Melbourne, Sydney and Berwick can help.
Our Plastic Surgeons are experts at reducing, reshaping, uplifting and re-positioning your breasts and nipples to give you a more balanced shape and relieve you of back, neck and shoulder pain.
- It’s a highly satisfying outcome for people who have struggled with huge or heavy breasts for many years or decades
- Most patients are so happy with having reduced & uplifted breast tissue that they wish they’d done it sooner
- Recovery & Scar reduction strategies include rapid recovery products & post-op Fraxel laser treatments as well as Healite II
- The healing and recovery time is well worth having more balanced breasts that don’t impede with daily activities or impact your confidence levels
Our leading Breast Reduction specialist in Melbourne is Dr Craig Rubinstein (L), who is also an expert in correcting Breast Asymmetry.
Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne
For Better Breasts and Best Practice Scar Minimisation our leading Surgeons include Dr Craig Rubinstein, Dr Richard Maxwell, Dr Rebecca Wyten, Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett and Dr Tom Robbins.
Our team of Melbourne Specialist Surgeons are happy to help you with your Reduction Mammoplasty.
You’ll get top rate care and surgery in an accredited Australian Hospital, with seasoned anaesthetists and a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with decades of expertise at this highly complex breast reshaping procedure. You’ll also get scar management (incision line management) using some of the best technologies such as Healite II, DermaPen or Fraxel and you can also try silicon strips for optimal healing. Other products that may help manage incision healing are included in a Rapid Recovery Pack you’ll be given after surgery to help you heal from your surgery.
Plastic Surgeons in Sydney are also available in Bondi, Double Bay and Burwood/Edgecliff
Visit our Sydney pages for more info on our Sydney Plastic Surgeons.
Melbourne’s leading team of Plastic Surgeons for Breast Reduction Surgery
Hawthorn, Berwick & Williamstown in Victoria near Melbourne and convenient to Kew, Camberwell, Richmond, CBD and Bayside suburbs as well as Mornington.
Our Breast Surgery & Breast Reduction Specialists operate at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne using only experienced Anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff. This is important in terms of patient safety and initial recovery.
They also offer the latest in scar minimisation and post-op healing techniques as noted above.
- Located in Hawthorn East near Balwyn, Kew & Toorak (free parking onsite or in street for 2 hours)
- Convenient to Auburn & Camberwell Train Stations
- 12 minutes from Melbourne CBD
- Berwick location at Medici Clinics (free parking onsite)
- Ask which Surgeons consult at each location
Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in Melbourne
The cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in Australia can vary significantly depending on your location, type of hospital, theatre chosen and your Surgeon’s skills and experience.
Some of the so-called ‘bargain’ breast surgeries are performed by less-skilled or less-qualified doctors who operate in back room premises as they are not licensed to work in an accredited Australian hospital.
Ask your Surgeon if he or she is approved to operate in a Hospital or only in their own facility — there is a difference in accreditation for facilities.
Hospitals have extremely high accreditation requirements and are typically regularly audited for quality, cleanliness and patient safety.
Make sure that you choose your Surgeon carefully when shopping around for a Breast Reduction on price or if you’re keen to get a ‘discount’ breast reduction procedure
You’ve probably seen some sad stories about patients in the news, who either risked Overseas Discount Surgery ‘Medical Tourism’ holidays and post-op flights or who needed a revision after being operated on by a Non-Specialist or less-experienced Surgeon.
Plastic Surgeons have to meet the highest qualifications for cosmetic and plastic and reconstructive procedures. Other Doctors who operate may not have specialist training or a focus on surgery.
Do ask what qualifications your selected Surgeon has, and it’s helpful to get a second opinion. By ensuring you do this you will learn more and can save yourself a LOT of regret.
Sadly, if your Surgeon is under-experienced, you may suffer more surgical complications, poor scar healing or asymmetry after your breast reduction.
You don’t want to risk having to get Revision Surgery when you waited so long to get your Breast Reduction.
Always choose a highly-experienced, qualified Plastic Surgeon.
Read more in our BLOG about the differences between Plastic Surgeons & other types of Surgeons who perform cosmetic surgeries.
At our Breast Specialists Clinic, we get referrals to fix many ‘botched’ and ‘discount’ Breast Reduction Surgeries. Cheap Surgery can sometimes get you Cheap Results:
Revision Surgery is costly and as our Surgeon’s regularly note in the media — NOT everything CAN be fixed.
What you need to know:
Breast Reduction Surgeries are complex surgeries and often there is a degree of asymmetry involved. They are not as straight-forward as other types of surgeries and require advanced skills and decades of experience to get the satisfactory and pleasing, long-lasting results.
- If you’re shopping on cost, take heed: revisions are costly and not all botched outcomes can be fixed, and you only have one body.
- You will live with your results, or with regret at your first choice of surgeon, for the rest of your life.
- Breast Reduction Surgeries require high-level precision planning, pre-surgical measurements, accurate and thorough markings and specialist surgical skills.
Our highly experienced Team of Breast Surgery Specialists have extensive expertise and experience in Reductions with Uplifts.
Breast Reduction & Uplift Surgeries SHOULD be done in accredited hospitals in Australia with proper follow-up care and pain management
If your Surgeon is NOT operating in an accredited hospital using experienced Anaesthetists, you might want to ask about their Qualifications to perform such Complex Surgeries as Breast Reductions, Breast Lifts and Nipple Surgery.
Are they at least qualified to operate in an accredited Hospital rather than in a ‘back room’ using ‘twilight’ Anaesthetic?
Some Surgeons who are qualified to operate in hospitals do operate in back rooms; but many surgeons who operate in back rooms do so as they are NOT qualified to operate in an accredited Australian hospital.
You might learn more about the why’s of this by reading our blog on the topic and fully understanding the difference between types of surgeons: general, cosmetic, aesthetic & plastic surgeon’s have very different qualifications, testing, membership and training requirements.
Pricing and Costs of high-quality precision Breast Reduction Procedure with a Breast Lift (Reduction & Lift)
- The exact price of your combined Breast Reduction & Breast Lift surgery will reflect its complexity – this depends on what you have to start with, whether or not this is a first or subsequent surgery (e.g. a revision), and if there are any special factors that add to the complexity of an already-complex procedure.
- Every breast is different and it’s important to note that you may have very asymmetric breasts – each procedure is tailored and customised for you, and Dr Craig Rubinstein is one of the top Breast Plastic Surgeons for Corrective Surgery for Breast Asymmetry as well as Reductions.
- Your Breast Reduction surgery quote may also vary depending on how many nights you need to stay in hospital.
- Nipple correction surgery may be included in your procedure.
- Some Surgeries or Revisions are very complex such as extremely asymmetric breasts, reconstruction surgeries or reduction for very large breast.
- Don’t risk a cheap or discounted Breast Reduction Surgery and read up on the dangers of Medical Tourism by reading our Blog.
Finance and Payment Plans for your Breast Reduction Surgery
For more information about pricing and financing of your Breast Reduction Surgery please visit our finance pages.
If you would like a customised Breast Reduction Quote, please contact us to book a Surgeon Consultation. Just send a confidential enquiry form.
Or if it is during business Clinic hours, you are welcome to phone a Patient Care Advisor on (03) 8849 1400.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Consultation
If you’re ready to being your Surgical Journey to having a breast reduction by our leading team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons, send a Confidential Enquiry form to hear back from a Patient Care Advisor who can help you schedule an appointment OR answer any preliminary questions you may have.
You could also visit our Gallery of BEFORE & AFTER BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY photos of prior patients.
You can see many more photos in our Clinic by arranging an appointment or attending a FREE Information evening session (visit our EVENTS pages). More information on the procedure is available in our Detailed Breast Reduction Procedure page.
Visit our FAQ pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 88491444 to arrange your surgeon consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
You can find many articles on breast reduction surgery and surgery recovery on our BLOG. Just search the recent articles including Celebrity Breast Reductions, the Rise of Teenage Breast Reduction Surgery Requests and Post-Surgery Recovery Tips.
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our Breast Reduction Specialist Surgeons or to arrange to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1444 (Hawthorn) or Medici in Berwick (03) 8849 1450.