The key to a smooth recovery after surgery is planning and support. Before your surgery, a Practice Nurse will develop a recovery plan with you. It will cover issues like caring for children, your return to work, follow up visits and a full set of patient information. By planning ahead and keeping you fully informed we can help make your recovery much smoother.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
After you leave hospital we will not charge extra for follow up visits, extra after care, laser treatments, nutritional supplements or anything else we provide during your recovery and after care. Sometimes women need after care services we don’t provide like radiology. If that happens there might be extra costs, but we do our best to reduce or eliminate them. Your practice nurse can tell you more.
- Generally patients require 1-2 nights hospital stay. We use top tier private hospitals for all our patients. They offer the highest level of medical support during the all important early recovery phase.
- Your Surgeon will visit you the day after your surgery to check on your progress. If you need more support your Surgeon will be there for any many follow up visits as you need. Our surgeons pride themselves on being available for you.
- You will also receive a follow up visit from an experienced, nurse from our rooms. You will receive further visits from our Nurse Coordinator staff if you need more support
- You will experience some mild discomfort with swelling and tightness for several days. Modern pain control techniques are very good and in many cases discomfort is minimal.
- Cosmetic Surgery for Women provides supportive bras to all Breast Lift patients. Depending one your size we often have a number of styles available. Wearing them is strongly recommended for 2-3 weeks after surgery.
- We will also provide you with an after surgery recovery pack that includes non soap body wash and a range of very high quality bath products to use in hospital and during recovery.
- Everyone is different. Allow yourself 1-2 weeks off work. Medical certificates are available during your recovery period. If you have a really strenuous job you might need longer. We do everything we can to get you back to work as soon we can but going back before you are ready will delay full recovery. During your follow up visits your Nurse Coordinator will monitor your progress
- Heavy or strenuous physical activity must be avoided for 1-2 months after your surgery. You can do light exercise during this time, but you will need to take care of how and when you do it. Your Nurse Coordinator can give you detailed advice.
- If you have young children your Nurse Coordinator can make some suggestions on how to manage looking after children during recovery. A little bit of planning goes a long way!
- You can drive at 1-2 weeks when traffic conditions are safe and when you feel comfortable.
- Your review appointments with your surgeon will be organised at one week, 6 months and 12 months post-surgery. If you need more support during recovery we offer a range of options including unlimited additional follow up visits with your Practice Nurse or Surgeon
- You will receive a course of Fraxel laser scar treatment as part of your after care. There is no additional charge. These appointments also allow extra opportunities for you to seek advice and speak to a Nurse Coordinator.