Breast Implant Surgery | Melbourne
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons are Melbourne’s leading Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team Team for Breast Augmentation using high quality implants and fully-customised procedures. Read our BREAST Augmentation information page here. It contains information on what to consider when you’re considering Breast Surgery. OR phone us on (03) 8849 1444 and ask us to email you our FREE Guide to Breast Surgery.
What sets our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Breast Surgery apart from other surgeons:
- Our team are FRACS Qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeons with extensive experience.
- They have a lot of expertise in knowing what implant size, type and placement will best suit a certain body type or skin laxity level.
- Our Team prioritises patient safety and operates in accredited licensed Hospitals.
They aim to implement evidence based sterilisation and other implant safety measures such as advanced techniques for implant introduction and sterilisation.
Surgery in Australia Hospitals – not back rooms of a clinics – we use proper Anaesthetists and Quality Breast Implants
They offer breast implant surgery and cosmetic breast surgery or Revisional Breast Surgery procedures in accredited hospitals in and around Melbourne or Berwick, including:
- Breast Enlargement
- Breast Implant Removal & Replacement
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery
- Breast Implant Size Changes
- Surgery to correct Breast Implant Complications
- Nipple Surgery (Shaping or Reconstruction or Lift)
Breast Enlargement using Breast Implants: Do you want larger, more shapely breasts?
- Breast Surgery with Implants remains one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures today.
- If you’ve been dreaming of getting more noticeable cleavage or an enhanced breast size to balance out your body, using quality breast implants, our Specialist Plastic Surgeons can help.
- Find out more by clicking here.
Send an enquiry form or phone us during Clinic Hours on (03) 8849 1444 to request our ULTIMATE GUIDE TO COSMETIC BREAST SURGERY.
Cosmetic Breast Augmentation Surgery with Breast Implants
Breast Implant Surgery has many options to consider.
- These include whether or not you’re a good candidate for breast implants and other decisions about size, profile, projection, texture, placement and implant incisions.
- Then there’s planning for surgery, and finding out whether or not you need a breast lift with an implant (if you are wanting larger breasts due to post-pregnancy deflation).
We believe that choosing your Surgeon for Breast Implant surgery is the most important consideration for an operation.
Not all Surgeons are alike.
Do you know the differences that make a Specialist Plastic Surgeon one of your top choices for cosmetic breast surgery procedures? A Specialist qualification in Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery will mean the Specialist Plastic Surgeon has FRACS qualifications.
Top Surgeons also typically belong to organisations devoted to quality and advanced training for their Surgeon members.
These include ASAPS, ISAPS or ASPS or similar bodies that accept only SPECIALISTS as members.
Nearly anyone with a medical degree can call themselves a cosmetic surgeon as it’s not a protected title. But a SPECIALIST PLASTIC SURGEON is a protected title, and indicates your surgeon has had at least 12 years extensive training in plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
A Specialist Plastic Surgeon has decades of training and expertise and can help you fully customise your procedure as well as minimise your post-surgery incision line scars using some of the latest technologies and light-based treatments.
At Cosmetic Surgery for Women in Hawthorn East, Berwick or Williamstown, you can choose from a team of several FRACS qualified top Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeons who perform primary breast implant surgery, breast implant replacement surgery and revision surgery for women from all over Victoria.
We also have body contouring, eyelid rejuvenation, facial rejuvenation, rhinoplasty, facelift/necklift and liposuction surgeons who can help you with your cosmetic surgery needs. Plus, our team is supported by the Dermal Clinicians and scar management clinicians at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing.
Our Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team can help you with your Breast Implant Surgery and Choosing the Right Breast Implants
Melbourne’s Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team are available to help you with your Breast Surgery Procedures
Your choice of our Melbourne Team’s leading Specialist Plastic Surgeons for Breast Implant Surgery — located in Berwick, Williamstown or Hawthorn East in Melbourne, Victoria.
Note that some of our Surgeons see patients in specific locations, so if office location is important to you, ask the Patient Coordinator for the location
- Dr Richard Maxwell – Specialist Plastic Surgeon for Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast, Face and Body
- Dr Geoff Barnett – Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon for Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast, Face and Body
- Dr Rebecca Wyten – Specialist Plastic Surgeon for Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast and Body
- Dr Douglas McManamny – Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon of the Breast, Face and Body
- Dr Craig Rubinstein – Specialist Plastic Surgeon for Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast and Body
- Our Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team in Melbourne operate at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne
- They use only highly experienced Anaesthetists and a top Breast Surgery & Recovery Support Team
- You’ll also get special “Rapid Recovery” kit products known as the “science and love” package to aid your healing and recovery after surgery
- For more information on getting back to exercise after getting implants, send an enquiry form and ask for the link to our blog article on exercising after surgery (or ask for the 7 Steps to Surgery GUIDE during your consultation).
Our Surgeons offer Breast Enlargement using two key techniques:
- breast enlargement using breast implants
- fat grafting to breasts using your own fat (autologous fat transfer)
Breast Enlargement Surgery: Are you a candidate for Surgery?
The decision to proceed with breast enlargement is a deeply personal one for every woman.
Our Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeons on our team fully customise every breast enlargement surgery for each individual patient.
You may be a candidate for breast enlargement surgery
- Are you dissatisfied with having small breasts or feel your breasts don’t fit the rest of your physique?
- Do you feel your breast size doesn’t match the cleavage that you want?
- Are you unhappy with post-pregnancy breast changes, such as drooping or sagging breasts?
- Have you noticed unwanted changes to breast size or shape after weight change?
- Do you want to even out uneven breasts (asymmetrical breasts)?
Why Breast Enlargement using Breast Implants may be an Option for You
There are a number of reasons you may want Breast Enlargement (Breast Augmentation) surgery.
Breast enlargement surgery with breast implants can help you to potentially:
- Feel more comfortable in different types of clothing, swimsuits or lingerie
- Enjoy more clothing choices or feel more confident
- Reduce self-consciousness about swimsuits or going to the beach
- Balance out your figure and overall proportions
Your Breast Enlargement Surgery Decision using Breast Implant Surgery
- Deciding to seek advice about breast enlargement surgery is a personal decision often based on a number of reasons. Women may choose a breast enlargement if their breasts haven’t developed as much as they would like them to, or if their breasts have reduced in size after weight loss or pregnancy and breastfeeding. Sometimes breasts may have a noticeably different appearance or they may have dropped over time. If these sorts of changes have occurred, they can be addressed but the operation may be more complicated.
- Speaking to one of our experienced surgeons will help ascertain if Breast Enlargement is right for you to help you achieve your ideal shape.
About Breast Enlargement Surgery using Breast Implants
- Breast enlargement is a surgical procedure designed to improve your breast profile through the use of breast implants.
- During the operation, implants are placed behind the breast tissue and often behind the pectoral muscles as well to enhance the size and shape of your breasts.
Planning Your Breast Enlargement Procedure
- There are many choices you have when planning a breast enlargement procedure. Your decisions include implant type choices, incision location choices, and implant placement or location on the chest area – e.g., whether the implant goes in front of or behind the pectoral muscles (or Dual Plane technique, which is partially behind the muscle).
- In discussing your desired outcome, your specialist surgeon will be able to take you through these options and recommend the best approach for you.
Implant Types for Breast Enlargement: Which type of Implant is right for you?
- The first thing to consider is what the implants are made of. All modern breast implants have a rubberised silicone outer shell, no matter what fill material is used.
- There are two types of fill material. Implants may be filled with either saline (salt water) or silicone gel. Saline filled implants were popular about two decades ago when controversy existed about the quality of silicone gel filled implants.
- Those concerns are no longer an issue today, but we still offer saline filled implants as an option, despite silicone implants now being a more popular option for Breast Enlargement.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient.
The information we provide is of a general nature. To find out what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full-history and surgical consultation. Read more about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer Page.
Saline filled Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Saline filled implants have a ‘water bed’ like feel, and have been known to cause a ripple effect. If a patient has small amounts of breast tissue to begin with, rippling of the tissue can be seen through the skin. These problems can be reduced by using smooth surface round implants that are overfilled (still within manufacturer’s specifications), resulting in an implant that is firm to the touch. The implants may also look spherical or rounded, which is not necessarily a very natural appearance. If saline implants deflate they do so rapidly, often within a few hours, and the saline solution is easily absorbed by the body.
Silicone Gel filled Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Silicone Gel filled implants are designed to have a more natural feel similar to that of breast tissue. They are also sometimes found to hold their shape a bit better than a saline filled implant.
- These implants tend not to deflate, but can rupture in rare instances.
- If gel filled implants do leak or rupture, there is an increased risk of capsule contracture or hardening of the breast (see Risks to consider).
Breast Implant Surgery & Implant Size Decisions: Big OR Small?
It’s not a cookie cutter operation – a good Surgeon will help you choose the size and projection dimensions that they consider to be best for YOUR body.
- Implant manufacturers can supply hundreds of different implant sizes and profiles.
- Saline filled implants can be filled after they have been inserted into the breast pocket, while silicone gel filled implants are manufactured as a whole.
- The wide variety of implant choices available to you, means that you and your Breast Specialist Plastic Surgeon should be able to select the ideal implant shape and size — specifically to meet your needs.
- But beware that going TOO large can mean sagging breasts at a later stage in life. Sure, all breasts WILL sag eventually – but large implants may increase your risks of early sagging.
Surface: Smooth or Textured Breast Implants
Breast Implants can have either a smooth or a textured surface.
- Smooth surfaced implants tend to feel softer than textured surfaced implants
- They are relatively easy to insert
- Textured implants reduce the risk of implant movement due to the rough surface allowing surrounding breast tissue to adhere to the implant
Shapes: Round or Anatomical Implants – which is best for you?
- Implants are available in a round shape or anatomical (tear drop) shape.
- In women who have a good (moderate) amount of existing breast tissue, it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether her breast augmentation has been performed with either a round or an anatomically shaped implants.
- In general though, Anatomical Implants tend to be more versatile depending upon your desired surgery results.
- Implants can be chosen to provide more height to your enlargement. Or they can provide more contrast between the shape of the upper part of your breast and the lower part of the breast.
- Anatomical breast implants must have a textured surface to reduce the amount of implant movement within the breast pocket. Round implants come with either a smooth or a textured surface.
- If a round implant rotates in the breast pocket, it doesn’t tend to affect the breast shape. If an anatomical implant rotates within the breast pocket, it must be repositioned to restore its natural appearance.
Revision Surgery including Removing & Replacing Implants
Revisions or Removal Surgeries relate to either
A) implant life span
B) or an implant issue
When gel-filled implants break, a capsule contracture or hardening of the breast is likely to form.
When Saline-filled implants break and deflate, a significant reduction in size occurs and is generally visible.
If there is a possibility an implant is compromised or broken, but your Surgeon isn’t fully certain or needs to understand the condition of your implant, an MRI scan is ordered to help understand what has happened.
A broken or compromised implant should be removed. Most people ask to have the implant replaced with a new one at the same time. Read more about this procedure on our Breast Implant Removals pages.
Revisions due to unsatisfactory results with overseas Surgery (Botched Medical Tourism)
Our Surgeons also see many patients who were dissatisfied with the results of surgeries done overseas or by less experienced surgeons (‘botched’ boob jobs’).
Contact us if you want to explore Breast Revision Surgery to change the appearance of your breasts.
See Past Patient Before & After Photographs Photos
Combined or Additional Procedures
If you want to combine breast surgery with other procedures including liposuction, tummy tuck, nose surgery or a Mummy Makeover, please discuss your surgery options with your Surgeon or Patient Coordinator.
Support for Interstate & Overseas Breast Surgery Patients Patients
Please visit our Interstate & Overseas Surgery Patient page to find out how we can help you.
NEXT STEP: Book your Initial Breast Implant Consultation
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us below or Call on (03) 8849 1444 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment OR
- Book a FREE 15-minute phone chat with our Patient Liaison Manager. Click here.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral although no rebates are claimable without one.
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information – DOWNLOAD A GUIDE about the procedure or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Consultation with a Nurse.
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE) Click here.
- Attend our Regular Practice FREE Events and hear from our Team of Plastic Surgeons along with their top support team.
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure you want – call or contact us
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Please contact us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444.
Our team of Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include: