Melbourne’s leading Plastic Surgeons for Blepharoplasty Surgery to rejuvenate your eyelids
Blepharoplasty procedures for droopy eyelids and baggy eyes: procedures for anti-ageing & eyelid lifts to enhance the appearance of your eyes
Are you a Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Do you suffer from:
- Droopy eyelids?
- Unsightly eye bags?
- Fatty deposits causing puffy eyelids?
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid?
- Impaired vision due to drooping upper eyelid folds?
- An ageing appearance around your eyes?
Does this cause you to:
- Look older than you are?
- Be told you look tired?
- Have difficulty seeing clearly?
- Have difficulty putting on your eye makeup?
You may be a candidate for eyelid appearance rejuvenation via Blepharoplasty procedures or combined facial and eyelid procedures including anti-wrinkle injectables or dermal fillers.
Skin resurfacing may also be an option if you are unhappy with wrinkles or unevenly textures skin, or have skin with severe sun damage or hyperpigmentation.
Visit our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing for more on non-surgical skin resurfacing and facial rejuvenation options.
Blepharoplasty procedures – Upper and Lower Eyelid Lifts for Rejuvenating the appearance of your eyes
Eyelid surgery is one of the most commonly requested procedures for reducing the signs of premature aging, dropping eyelids and puffy under-eye “eye bags.”
- Eyelid Lift Procedures can help your eyes regain their more youthful appearance.
- Blepharoplasty can give you a more noticeable platform for wearing eye makeup.
- Eyelid lift surgery can even help your vision if severe drooping (called ‘ptosis’) has impacted your vision
- Eyelid rejuvenation surgery is one of the most popularly requested surgeries for all genders
Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery – Blepharoplasty for anti-ageing & eyelid enhancement
- Whatever age you are, older looking eyes generally contribute to an older or tired looking face.
- Upper Blepharoplasty procedures help to reverse the appearance of ageing, by removing excess skin from the upper eyelid.
- Excess skin can create an impression of ageing in a subtle way that is difficult to isolate.
- Excess, or poorly positioned skin and fat in the upper lid and surrounding periorbital area combine to give the impression of inelastic, ageing skin.
Upper Blepharoplasty surgery can correct “droopy” eyelids and help reduce the perceived age of a person’s face
For some patients, excess skin means they do not have an appropriate surface to apply make-up to (such as eyes shadow or eyeliner). By creating a firm, appropriately positioned “face” to the eyelid, Upper Blepharoplasty resolves this cosmetic product application issue.
Significant excess upper eyelid skin may also lead to a restriction of vision by physically blocking the eye. This is called ptosis, and an upper eyelid lift resolves this issue.
Some patients also have excess adipose (fatty) tissue in the upper eyelid which can cause the eye to appear “puffy” or “heavy.” Blepharoplasty can correct this condition by removing or reshaping a tiny area of fat inside and around the eyelid.
Eyelid Surgery for puffiness under your eyes
Lower Blepharoplasty for Baggy Eyes
Lower Blepharoplasty removes excess skin and fat from the lower lid and periorbital area under the eye.
As well as reducing perceived age, this eye surgery can correct drooping that exposes the area of the eye (white) below the iris, and most importantly for many patients, help remedy the dark “bags” under the eye.
People of ALL ages can suffer from eyebags and under eye puffiness or sagging, droopy eyelids (upper lids and lower lids can sag).
This is because genetics, lifestyle, environmental exposures and sun damage can all take their toll on the skin of the face and eyes.
We are also seeing more people in their twenties, thirties and forties undertake eyelid rejuvenation Blepharoplasty surgery as it has such a naturally rejuvenating but noticeably positive effect on appearance.
Dr Benjamin Burt is our Team’s Eyelid Lift & Eyelid Rejuvenation Surgery Specialist for Blepharoplasty
Patient results vary per individual, but a few BEFORE & AFTER image examples of Dr Burt’s eyelid surgery patients are shown below.
Patients of All Ages Seek Blepharoplasty from Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon and Eye Surgery Specialist.
Dr Benjamin Burt specialises in natural looking, aesthetically pleasing results from Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery and Lower Eyelid Surgery
Patients in their 20s, 30s and 40s often seek Eyelid Lift Surgery to have an enhanced platform for makeup or to have a fresher looking appearance.
Patients over 40 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids.
Patients over 50 and 60 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids OR to improve vision that has become obscured by sagging upper eyelids.
More Before & After Blepharoplasty Examples
If you’d like to see more examples of Before & After Eyelid surgery patient photos, visit our online Photo Gallery OR arrange to meet with Dr Burt of his Assistant in our Clinic to see more examples.
Most of Dr Burt’s patients are happy for him to show you their images in our Clinic, but prefer we don’t publish their images on the global web..
Combined Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty for Eyelid Rejuvenation
Upper and lower eyelid surgery, separately or combined (‘double bleph’), can help to reduce the perception of ageing in appropriate candidates by restoring a toned, healthy looking skin area above and below the eye area.
To further refine and rejuvenate the facial appearance and reduce “age lines” around the eyes, wrinkle reduction procedures including injectables, fillers and laser resurfacing options may prove to be of additional benefit. Your fully-certified Plastic Surgeon can assist you in choosing which specific combination of procedures will bring you the results you are wanting to achieve to revitalise your facial appearance.
Get younger looking eyes from our leading Surgeons
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes. Our Eyelid Lift Specialist, Team of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Skin Care Injecting Specialists and Dermal Clinicians can help reduce your visible signs of aging.
There are many complimentary surgical and non-surgical procedures to improve your appearance and help you ‘get back’ what you’re wanting in terms of facial rejuvenation.
Asian Eyelid Surgery (Double Eyelid Surgery Blepharoplasty)
Asian Eyelid Surgeries are also an option for Patients in Melbourne
Some patients from Asian backgrounds may find that modifying the ‘eye fold’ area enhances their appearance.
This form of “Asian blepharoplasty” requires special care and experience to provide the aesthetic outcome patients desire.
Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon in Melbourne is available to perform special eyelid lift surgeries on patients of Asian ethnicity, at their respective Clinic locations.
If you are wanting to create a more open looking eyelid appearance, or a platform to wear certain makeup styles, you may want to consider the special Blepharoplasty procedures specifically designed for Asian patients.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
- Our highly-experienced Specialist Surgeons are experts at minimising scars and helping you to manage any post-op pain you may have after your Surgery.
- We offer best practice and holistic healing protocols for your post-op surgery care.
- We offer Healite II, Fraxel scar minimisation when required, and proven healing facilitation products in our Rapid Recovery.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the $200 consultation fee
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons, or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send a confidential enquiry form today. Or you can phone us on (03) 8849 1444.
Our Surgeon’s affiliations and membership include:
Visit our payment and finance pages to learn more about your Surgery Funding Options. Or send an enquiry form and ask how to arrange a consultation with a Surgeon to get a quote for your specific procedure(s).