Blepharoplasty Surgery is also known as “eyelid surgery” or an eyelid lift procedure. Blepharoplasty surgery can be corrective OR cosmetic in nature. It is considered cosmetic eyelid surgery when it’s performed to adjust for the ageing appearance of the eye area (e.g., Blepharoplasty for facial rejuvenation reasons). It is corrective in nature when it’s performed to correct for eyelid ptosis (sagging eyelid skin) when the patient’s field of vision is impacted by drooping eyelid skin which covers part of the iris. Our Clinic teams include expert eyelid Surgeons in Melbourne and in Sydney.
There are several types of Blepharoplasty procedures
Eyelid Surgery Medical Definitions in plain language
- The two key types types of eyelid reduction surgery are Upper Blepharoplasty and Lower Blepharoplasty procedures.
- They are often called an EYELID LIFT or EYELID skin reduction.
- They can be performed in one operation but are more frequently performed as separate procedures.
These surgeries involve surgically reducing excess fat and reducing or re-distributing fat pads/subcutaneous fat stores to smooth out the skin and help re-open the eyelid area. Scars are often placed in the natural eyelid skin creases and for many patients, are not overly noticeable by others. But scar healing can vary, as can surgical results, from patient to patient; and all invasive procedures carry risks you’ll be informed about during a consultation.
There are also several different corrective techniques to correct for conditions such as Entropion and Ectropion.
Illustration of ageing eyelid with upper eyelid ptosis and lower eyelid bulges leading to dark under eye shadows.
For more information on Eyelid surgery in Melbourne or Sydney, download the Blepharoplasty Surgery Guide.
Our team’s top eyelid surgeons are: Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon in Melbourne, Dr Richard Sackelariou, Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne or Sydney, Dr Douglas McManamny, Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne, and Dr Geoff Barnett, Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne.
Who should you choose as your Eyelid Surgeon for a Blepharoplasty or Revision Eyelid Surgery?
Advanced surgical skills are required for eyelid surgery to avoid functional disruptions to vision or eyelid functions, and to avoid unsatisfactory results.
- Eyelid surgery done properly results in a rejuvenated, refreshed and more balanced appearance of the upper eyelids.
- Upper eyelid surgery often helps reveal the eyelid platform, the part of the upper eyelid where patients may wear eye shadow or other eye makeup.
- It can also reveal eyelashes that were obscured by eyelid skin that drooped or hung over the eyes.
- Eyelid of the lower eyelid skin can correct for eye bags, reduce bulges under the eyes, and correct for the puffy under-eye look that leads to very dark shadows in or overhead lighting situations.
- Eyelid surgery for patients with vision impaired by skin ptosis can improve a patient’s field of vision, without needing to lift the brows.
- Advanced techniques are used for eyelid surgery for Asian eyelids (double eyelid surgery), as well as to reduce bulging pockets of eyelid fat, correct weakened muscles and loose skin.
- Some patients are better off with a brow lift or combined brow and eyelid lift, but it depends on facial anatomy and the objectives for having eyelid surgery.
You should choose a highly skilled and trusted Surgeon for eyelid surgery. At our Melbourne and Sydney locations, we have several Surgeons who perform facial rejuvenation and eyelid lift procedures. In Melbourne, our Eyelid Lift and Brow Lift surgery experts include Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt, whose entire practice is dedicated to performing primary and secondary Blepharoplasty procedures and advanced upper facial rejuvenation surgery of the eyes and eye brow area.
Eyelid surgery for medical reasons and Medicare rebates or Private Health Fund coverage
- Eyelid Surgery can also be indicated by medical reasons or conditions impacting field of vision.
- An example is when the sagging of the eyelid or eyelids becomes so extensive that vision becomes obscured by eyelid skin covering the iris (partially or significantly) as well as skin that covers the eyelashes or impedes with the normal function of the eyelids.
Skin that has lost its collagen, firmness or elasticity tends to droops over the eyelashes and impedes on vision, leading to a tired or angry look as well as vision impairment from an obscured iris (obstructed vision).
As a popular Cosmetic or Corrective surgical procedure to reduce sagging upper eyelid skin, eyelid surgery remains one of the most commonly requested cosmetic surgery procedures in Australia and across the world.
Blepharoplasty surgery should be fully customised to meet the needs and skin condition of the presenting patient.
This requires surgery planning expertise and advanced technical skills. Hence, this procedure is best performed by an experienced Surgeon who has extensive experience performing complex eyelid surgeries including such as Upper and/or Lower Blepharoplasty, Asian Blepharoplasty/Double Eyelid Surgery, Canthoplasty Surgery or corrective eyelid surgery for the eyelid conditions of entropion or ectropion.
Blepharoplasty Surgery Description of Procedure (Overview)
Medical Blepharoplasty: Below is a photograph of a patient who had medical need for corrective Upper Blepharoplasty due to eyelid ptosis impeding vision.
In general, eyelid surgery operations may involve the following surgical techniques:
- Upper Eyelid Surgery: an expert Surgeon aims for a precision incision (a thin surgical cut) in the skin fold across the upper eyelid in a strategic location
- Lower Eyelid Surgery: an expert in lower eyelid surgery will aim for a carefully-placed incision either just below your lashes or on the inside of your lower lid (called a trans-conjunctival incision)
- excess skin will be reduced (surgically excised or removed)
- fat in the area is then re-positioned or reduced for a smoother skin appearance and fewer bulges or skin folds
- underlying tissues are tightened carefully with small sutures (stitches)
- the incisions or remaining skin in the eyelid area will be closed or re-joined with stitches, surgical tape and/or tissue glue
- stitches stay in place for about 6-8 days after which they are removed at a post-operation consultation where your recovery and skin healing progress will also be checked
- incisions in the natural skin folds and creases will typically heal nicely in healthy patients who do not smoke, who eat healthily and follow eyelid surgery recovery instructions, and who experience no infections or other complications – but all patients heal differently and some patients will have more pronounced scars.
- Ask your Surgeon what to expect in terms of scar visibility and recovery after eyelid surgery.
- Read DOES GETTING YOUR EYELID STITCHES REMOVED HURT?
- Read the blog below about new Medicare criteria for Eyelid Surgery for Medical Reasons
Will Medicare cover eyelid surgery? Changes as of November 2018 and corrective vs cosmetic eyelid procedures.
Blepharoplasty Statistics: Popular Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery procedures in Australia and around the world
Eyelid surgery is one of the most popular of all Plastic Surgery requests because of eyelid ageing or vision impairment, with well over 1 million surgeries performed worldwide each year.
Eyelid surgery is often the 2nd or 3rd most popularly requested procedure for plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery. In order of popularity, the #1 most requested procedure is typically Breast Augmentation followed by Liposuction, with Eyelid Surgery either in the #2 or #3 most popular procedure requested by patients (eyelid surgery statistics depend on which country and age demographic being considered). More resources on popular surgery statistics below and in our top-rated Plastic Surgery blog. An ISAPS report indicates over a million eyelid surgeries were performed in 2015 (US Data).
- Eyelid surgery is very POPULAR primarily because the EYES age a bit more rapidly than most other areas of the face or body.
- That ageing is partially due to their repeated use in repeated dynamic facial expressions, such as squinting or smiling, and to the thinness of the eyelid skin.
Add sun exposure, and inherited traits that lead to premature facial ageing, and you’ll likely find your eyes and eyelids ageing more rapidly than you wish.
Fortunately, Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) may be a good option to reduce your sagging upper eyelids, resolve your puffy-looking under eye bags, and helping rejuvenate your entire facial appearance,.
Eyelid surgery can also help improve vision if the reason you’re not seeing well is because your iris is being impeded by sagging upper eyelid skin. If vision is obscured by eyelid skin, the procedure may be corrective in nature, and might attract a small amount of coverage by a health fund or Medicare (but this is subject to change, and not every patient qualifies). Find out more by phoning (03) 8849 1444 today (Melbourne) or 1800033333 (Sydney).
Eyelid Surgery is Complicated and Carries Risks.
Do your Blepharoplasty research carefully before choosing to have surgery and before choosing your eyelid surgeon. Not all Surgeons are alike and you don’t want to risk choosing a less-qualified Surgeon for such an important and vision-risking procedure.
Even though it’s highly popular as a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure, eyelid lift surgery is inherently complex.
- Every person’s face, skin – and eye area anatomy – is unique.
- To optimise your chances of getting a good result from eyelid surgery and to help minimise your eyelid surgery risks, you’ll need to choose a Surgeon with expertise, such as Oculoplastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt, a Blepharoplasty expert in Melbourne.
- Or choose one of our Plastic Surgeons for facial rejuvenation of the lower face and eyelids.
Or choose one of our Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne or Sydney who performs eyelid surgery along with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as a Facelift or Neck lift procedure, such as Dr Richard Sackelariou, Dr Douglas McManamny or Dr Geoff Barnett.
- An expert eyelid lift surgeon can gauge JUST HOW MUCH skin to remove, and WHERE to place the incisions around the eye and eyelid area.
- If too much skin gets taken, you’ll end up with hallows or with difficulty with eyelid functions, and this is something you really want to avoid.
- So be sure you know the degree of experience and expertise your chosen Surgeon has in getting natural-looking eyelid surgery results that help resolve your sagging eyelid problems that have plagued your facial appearance, your vision – or both.
Wanting to improve Drooping Eyelids? Get our Guide to Blepharoplasty – Types of Eyelid Surgery
An example of a patient’s BEFORE & AFTER Eyelid Surgery photos are shown below (Surgery by Dr Benjamin Burt).
Note the upper lashes were obscured by the puffy, sagging skin above the eyes (upper eyelid skin ptosis).
(Note that she is wearing makeup in the AFTER PHOTO and not in the first photo; by reducing the heavy skin above her lids, she can now readily wear eye makeup including mascara and eye shadow, without makeup and lashes getting obscured by heavy lids).
Additional Patient BEFORE & AFTER Photos by our Team are shown further below.
If you’re not sure how to select the best Surgeon for your needs, browse our blogs for tips on selecting a Surgeon, call a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1444 and/or ask for a second opinion by a Specialist Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic Surgeon (look for an expert in surgery of the eyes and eyelid area). Remember, a person who calls themselves a Cosmetic Surgeon might ONLY be a GP or a skin doctor without FRACS or FACS qualifications. They might also not have a surgical practice dedicated to eyelid surgery and long-lasting, natural looking results, which is one of the tenants of our practice and our dedicated Eyelid & Facial Rejuvenation Surgeons in Melbourne. And avoid the risks of overseas tourism – read this blog.
A good Eyelid Lift result requires advanced technical skills and extensive experience.
Choose an expert eyelid and brow lift Surgeon such as Dr Benjamin Burt, Dr Richard Sackelariou, Dr Douglas McManamny or Dr Geoff Barnett.
- All forms of successful eyelid surgery will involve complex adjustments and are best performed by a practitioner with advanced surgical skill sets.
- Why is this? Because, if done improperly, you could experience dry eye syndrome, an inability to close your eyelids properly, and other untoward complications, some as serious as vision impairment.
- Other complications from eyelid surgery done improperly may be difficult to correct.
- Whilst several of our top Eyelid Surgeons DO offer revision surgery for eyelid lift procedures, it is recommended to choose one of our top Specialist Plastic Surgeons or our Oculoplastic Surgery expert for your PRIMARY procedure to attain a better chance of a satisfactory result; because secondary and revision eyelid surgeries may be difficult to fully correct or remedy.
Blepharoplasty revisions are costly and there are some things that can’t be fixed. Choose the RIGHT Surgeon, the first time.
- It’s always better to choose the right Surgeon to operate on your eyelids the first time.
- That’s because the eyes are so important, and eyelid functions so complex, you don’t want to risk any surgery of the face or eyes to a less experienced surgeon who isn’t dedicated to this type of surgery.
- Search for a genuine Oculoplastic Surgeon (such as eyelid surgery expert, Dr Burt, our team’s GO TO Surgeon for eye area and brow lift procedures) or a Specialist Plastic Surgeon (such as Dr Douglas McManamy or Dr Geoff Barnett), who perform several facial rejuvenation procedures including facelift and neck lift procedures.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 to request a confidential consultation with our expert Eyelid Reduction Surgeon(s).
That’s why it’s so important to choose your Blepharoplasty Surgeon carefully and to do your homework about different types of Surgeons who offer eyelid lift and brow lift procedures.
Ask to speak with former patients or watch Blepharoplasty Videos Online (such as an eyelid consult video, an eyelid surgery with healing & recovery v-log, surgery discomfort levels, removing eyelid surgery stitches after a Blepharoplasty, costs of surgery, and 5 month follow up after eyelid surgery videos.
A good eyelid rejuvenation Surgeon will have honed their skills through high-level training and international experience with some of the world’s best eye and eyelid Surgeons, as is the case with our team’s eyelid rejuvenation experts.
These facial rejuvenation Surgery experts include Oculoplastic Surgeon and Blepharoplasty expert, Dr Benjamin Burt, and Facelift/Eyelid Lift expert Plastic Surgeons Dr Richard Sackelariou (Sydney/Melbourne), Dr Douglas McManamny (Melbourne), Dr Geoff Barnett (Melbourne) and our other facial rejuvenation experts.
Blepharoplasty Eyelid Lift Surgery – SUMMARY OVERVIEW of procedure
- Eyelid lift surgery involves a reduction in the sagging, puffy skin around the eyelids.
- There are two primary types of Blepharoplasty – lower eyelid surgery and upper eyelid surgery.
- However, there are numerous conditions of the eye lids that can be treated surgically by a highly skilled Surgeon, and several variations of the procedure.
Because eye sight is so important, this is a surgery you don’t want to risk with a less skilled practitioner – phone us on (03) 8849 1444 to find out why you want a top Eyelid or Brow Lift Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon for eyelid and facial rejuvenation.
How are eyelids lifted during a Blepharoplasty? In Brief:
Reduction of sagging eyelid skin is performed using carefully places surgical excisions, but other methods, such as muscle adjustments, fat redistribution and/or dermal fillers may be used to enhance the effects.
Benefits of Eyelid Lift Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid Surgery will often improve the appearance of the entire face, even if it’s just the eyelids that are operated on. Why? Because eyes are so central to your communication. It’s the focal point of most of our communications.
But if you have sagging or wrinkled skin, you may also want to consider a ‘liquid facelift’ or ‘crows feet reduction’ using dermal injections at Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing (located at our Clinics) or a laser resurfacing or skin peel strategy as well. This can compliment your surgery results and leave you looking even ‘more refreshed’ or noticeably younger than before you had your eyelids operated on.
Vision and Eyelid Ptosis
Cosmetic or Medically Indicated Eyelid Surgery?
There are also scenarios where people need Blepharoplasty to see properly again. If you look at people who’s lids have started drooping significantly, you’ll readily understand why.
Below is an example of a BEFORE & AFTER PHOTO of a Blepharoplasty Surgery patient operated on by Dr Benjamin Burt in Melbourne. Notice the results still look natural but refreshed – we think he looks like a much younger version of himself (around the eyes).
He needed the surgery for corrective purposes as his FIELD OF VISION was impaired by sagging upper eyelid skins.
The corrective procedure also brought about an improvement in his appearance but that was not his motivation for having surgery and his procedure was medically indicated and necessary for his occupation requiring a good field of vision.
- Drooping eyelid skin and under eye bags usually leave individuals looking tired or older than they are.
- Drooping eyelids also eventually begin to interfere with vision by covering the pupil of the eye.
Vision And Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery): Corrective or Cosmetic Reasons?
Fortunately, eyelids can be surgically reduced using carefully considered Blepharoplasty procedures by a skilled Surgeon.
Some eye conditions, such as Entropian or Ectropian, also require eyelid surgery.
If you’re wanting advice on your own eyelid surgery needs, ask for one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons or our Team’s eyelid and brow Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, Oculoplastic Surgeon – Melbourne.
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) – Upper Eyelids, Lower Eyelids, Canthoplasty
Further details are below, but in general, there are several versions of eyelid reduction (Eyelid Lift) Surgery.
The types most people know about include:
- Upper Blepharoplasty
- Lower blepharoplasty or Canthoplasty surgery
- Corrective or Revision Surgery of the Eyelid
- Asian Eyelid Surgery or Double Eyelid Reduction Blepharopalsty
You are currently on the Upper Blepharoplasty page.
An example of the eyelid ptosis that tends to occur with ageing is illustrated below.
- It is this type of ptotic skin on the brow or eyelids that leads people to seek a Blepharoplasty (shown in upper portion of the illustration below).
- The lower image in this illustration reflects a younger person’s eyelids where there is little to no ptosis of the eyelids or brow.
Looking for a Lower Eyelid Surgery/Lower Blepharoplasty?
Revisional Blepharoplasty (Revision Eyelid Surgery)
- Some patients also require Revisional Blepharoplasty, an extremely complex procedure.
- Others may need “Asian Blepharoplasty” or Double Eyelid Surgery.
We suggest choosing a dedicated, highly experienced Eyelid Surgery expert such as Dr Burt. Dr Burt is a globally-recognised expert in eyelid procedures. It’s best that you choose a top surgeon for your PRIMARY surgery – and not risk a cheap option or overseas medical tourism – as your eyesight and eyelid functions are simply TOO complex, and TOO important – to risk a less experienced Surgeon.
We get regular requests for Eyelid Revision Surgery (Revision Blepharoplasty) from patients who went overseas or to other doctors and had problems with their eye lid functions afterwards. Don’t let that be you. Phone us on (03) 8849 1444 and see a seasoned expert who can help you with your primary surgery (or ask about your options for a Revision Surgery if needed, but remember, not everything can be fixed).
It’s best to get eyelid surgery performed by the right Surgeon the first time.
For Asian patients, there is a unique procedure known as “double eyelid reduction” surgery or Asian Blepharoplasty. Ask us for details.
What age is best for a Blepharoplasty?
Are you a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty Eyelid Lift Surgery?*
A no-obligation Surgical Consult can help you understand what eyelid reduction surgery can do for your eyelids and facial appearance.
Send an enquiry or phone us on (03) 8849 1444 in Melbourne or 1800033333 in Sydney to schedule an appointment with one of our team’s top eyelid rejuvenation surgeons.
Eye Bags or Puffy Eyelids and wondering if you’re needing a Blepharoplasty Eyelid Reduction Procedure?
Do you feel you suffer from:
- Droopy eyelids?
- Unsightly under-eye bags?
- Fatty deposits causing puffy eyelids to hang over your eyes or hide the eyelid crease and lashes?
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid?
- Impaired vision due to drooping upper eyelid folds?
- An ageing appearance around your eyes?
Does droopy eyelids or puffy under eye bags cause you to:
- Look older than you actually are?
- Be told you look tired, drained or worried?
- Have difficulty seeing clearly or find yourself constantly raising your eyebrows to see better?
- Have difficulty putting on your eye makeup or seeing your lashes?
- Have excess skin over your eyes or covering your lashes, or puffy looking eyelids that run in the family?
You may be a good candidate for eyelid rejuvenation via Blepharoplasty procedures.
- Remember, however, all surgery carries risks and patient results can vary from patient to patient.
- See a Surgeon for a no-obligation consultation to find out what your options are including Surgeon information, costs of surgery, recovery time, and scars.
- There’s also the option for combined facial & eyelid procedures including anti-wrinkle injectables or dermal fillers to reduce eye bags, under eye shadows or crow’s feet around the eye area – ask about our Coco Ruby Injecting Team.
Eyelid Surgery AND Anti-Wrinkle Injections can help – Skin Resurfacing May give you a more complete rejuvenation experience
Why choose our Top Melbourne or Sydney Surgeons for your Eyelid Lift Surgery?
Our team has a dedicated Eyelid Surgeon (Dr Burt) and top Facelift and Eye Area Rejuvenation Surgeons and Cosmetic Injectors. They can perform holistic rejuvenation of the entire face, from reducing eye bags and sagging skin to dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections to soften the lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Skin resurfacing to reduce pigmentation and sun damage is also available at our Hawthorn Clinic through Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing.
- Our Team’s Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Lift) Surgeons are experts at performing complex eye or eyelid surgeries and upper and lower blepharoplasty surgery.
- Skin resurfacing of the face may also be an option if you feel unhappy with sagging eyelids and the deepening lines, wrinkles or unevenly textured skin around your eyes (e.g., crows feet or forehead wrinkles).
- Resurfacing can also help reduce the telltale signs of severe sun exposure, sun damage and hyper-pigmentation that leave your facial skin looking mottled or unevenly toned.
Visit our Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing for more on non-surgical skin resurfacing and facial rejuvenation options.
Our Team of Top Eyelid Surgeons for Blepharoplasty
Dr Benjamin Burt has focused his entire practice on Eyelid Rejuvenation and Corrective Blepharoplasty procedures; he sees patients for eyelid rejuvenation or eye bag reduction in Melbourne: Hawthorn East.
Blepharoplasty procedures for droopy eyelids and baggy eyes: procedures for anti-ageing & eyelid lifts enhance the appearance of your eyes.
Dual Blepharoplasty Procedures – Upper and Lower Eyelid Lifts for Rejuvenating the appearance of your eyes
Eyelid surgery of the lower eyelids or upper eyelids are some of the most commonly requested procedures for reducing the signs of premature ageing. These procedures can help remedy drooping eyelids and puffy under-eye “eye bags.”
It can have a pleasing effect on facial appearance for people of all ages.
Youngest age for a Blepharoplasty:
Over the age of 20 is recommended for younger patients wanting a larger platform for makeup or to reduce heavy looking eyelids or double-lid skin folds.
If there’s a physical deformity such as noticeable asymmetry or a lazy eyelid/lazy eye, other surgery may be investigated at an ealier age. Ask Dr Benjamin Burt for his professional advice by phoning (03) 8849 1444 today.
Key Benefits of Blepharoplasty for Any Gender
- Eyelid Lift Procedures can help your eyes regain their more youthful appearance
- Blepharoplasty can give you a more noticeable platform for wearing eye makeup
- Eyelid lift surgery can even help your vision if severe drooping (called ‘ptosis’) has impacted your vision
- Eyelid rejuvenation surgery is one of the most popularly requested surgeries for all genders including men
Upper Blepharoplasty surgery can correct “droopy” eyelids and help reduce the perceived age of a person’s face
More reasons patients consider Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- For some patients, excess skin means they do not have an appropriate surface to apply make-up to (such as eyes shadow or eyeliner).
- By creating a firm, appropriately positioned “platform” to the eyelid, Upper Blepharoplasty resolves this cosmetic product application issue.
Significant excess upper eyelid skin may also lead to a restriction of vision by physically blocking the eye.
- This is called ptosis, and an upper eyelid lift surgery helps resolve this issue.
Some patients also have excess adipose (fatty) tissue in the upper eyelid which can cause the eye to appear “puffy” or “heavy.”
- Blepharoplasty can correct this condition by removing or reshaping a tiny area of fat inside and around the eyelid.
- A lower Blepharoplasty or Canthoplasty can correct for under-eye bags and other lower lid problems such as inverted eyelashes.
Eyelid Surgery for puffiness under your eyes: Reduce those eye bags and tear trough depressions
- Lower Blepharoplasty surgically reduces excess skin and fat from the lower lid and periorbital area under the eye.
- Sometimes cosmetic injections such as dermal fillers can reduce under eye darkness or shadows (tear trough depressions)
As well as reducing perceived age, this eye surgery can correct drooping that exposes the area of the eye (white) below the iris, and most importantly for many patients, help remedy the dark “bags” under the eye.
Best age for Eyelid Surgery is when You Feel Concerned about Your Eyelid Appearance or if you suffer vision impedance or skin infections
- People of ALL ages can suffer from eye bags and under eye puffiness or sagging, droopy eyelids.
Skin on both the upper lids and lower lids, when it droops or sags, leads to a heavy tired appearance, puffy-looking eyes and ‘eye bags’.
- Genetics, lifestyle, environmental exposures and sun damage can all take their toll on the skin of the face and eyes
- It’s typically time and repeated expressions, as well as skin laxity or fat distribution changes, that lead people to investigate an Eyelid Lift surgery at our Melbourne Clinics in Hawthorn, Berwick and Williamstown/Western Melbourne.
We are also seeing more people in their twenties, thirties and forties undertake eyelid rejuvenation Blepharoplasty surgery as it has such a naturally rejuvenating but noticeably positive effect on appearance.
Dr Benjamin Burt is one of our Team’s Eyelid Lift & Eyelid Rejuvenation Surgery Expert for Blepharoplasty including for younger patients.
Patient results vary per individual, but a few BEFORE & AFTER image examples of Dr Burt’s eyelid surgery patients are shown below.
Dr Benjamin Burt experience allows him to achieve natural looking, aesthetically pleasing results from Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery and Lower Eyelid Surgery
Example 1: The Younger Patient for Eyelid Surgery (Under 30)
Patients in their 20s, 30s and 40s often seek Eyelid Lift Surgery to have an enhanced platform for makeup or to have a fresher looking appearance, as seen in Amea’s videos about eyelid surgery/Blepharoplasty in her 20s.
- The result is subtle and natural looking.
- Patients seeking this surgery believe that the reduction of the puffy eyelid skin or double eyelid skin folds improves their eye appearance.
Example 2: Blepharoplasty Patients in their 30s and 40s
Patients over 35 and 40 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids.
Example 3: Blepharoplasty Patients in their 50s or 60s
- Patients over 50 and 60 often seek Blepharoplasty procedures to rejuvenate their eyelids OR to improve vision that has become obscured by sagging upper eyelids.
- They may also benefit from further facial rejuvenation such as cosmetic injectables or skin resurfacing, depending on their appearance rejuvenation goals.
More Before & After Blepharoplasty Examples* In our Melbourne Clinic Locations
Want more photos of eyelid surgery results?
- Most of Dr Burt’s patients are happy for him to show you their images in our Clinic, but some patients prefer we don’t publish their images on the global web.
- We have numerous additional example photographs to show you in our clinic.
- You can also ask to speak with a prior patient – many will be happy to talk with you about their experiences.
If you’d like to see more examples of Before & After Eyelid surgery patient photos, visit our online Photo Gallery OR arrange to meet with Dr Burt or his Assistant in our Clinic to see more examples.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 to schedule an appointment or find out how to meet Dr Burt at one of our special Events.
*Disclaimer: individual results vary from patient to patient, and there are surgery risks to consider. Be sure to ask about eyelid surgery details during your no-obligation surgical consultation.
Combined Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty for Eyelid Rejuvenation or Eyelid Surgery with a Facelift Procedure
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery, separately or combined (‘double bleph’), can help to reduce the perception of ageing in appropriate candidates
- Combined Eyelid Surgery can help restore a toned, healthy looking skin area above and below the eye area.
- Many times patients who seek eyelid reduction surgery ALSO want a Facelift and/or Neck Lift surgery.
- Find out more about our Facial surgery experts for Facelifts, neck lift surgery and brow lift surgery as well as skin resurfacing to get a fuller rejuvenation effect.
- We also offer fat transfer to face to help overcome atrophy of the bones and sagging of the skin on the face.
To further refine and rejuvenate the facial appearance and reduce “age lines” around the eyes, wrinkle reduction procedures including injectables, fillers and laser resurfacing options may prove to be of additional benefit.
Your fully-certified Plastic Surgeon can assist you in choosing which specific combination of procedures will bring you the results you are wanting to achieve to revitalise your facial appearance. Phone us now on (03) 8849 1444.
Get younger looking eyes from our leading Melbourne Surgeons
Please contact us to learn how to improve the appearance of the skin around your eyes. Our Eyelid Lift Experts, Team of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Skin Care Injecting Clinicians and Dermal Clinicians can help reduce your visible signs of ageing. Phone (03) 8849 1444 during clinic hours or send an enquiry form at the bottom of this page.
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
- Our highly-experienced Surgeons are experts at minimising scars and helping you to manage any post-op pain you may have after your Surgery.
- We offer best practice and holistic healing protocols for your post-op surgery care.
- We offer Healite II, Fraxel scar minimisation when required, and proven healing facilitation products in our Rapid Recovery.
NEXT STEPS FOR AN EYELID SURGERY CONSULTATION IN MELBOURNE
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Eyelid or Facial Surgeons.
Shown below: Dr Douglas McManamny, Dr Geoff Barnett, Dr Richard Maxwell and Dr Benjamin Burt.
Focus areas for face and eyelid surgery in Melbourne:
Dr Benjamin Burt – Eyelid Lift, Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty, Canthoplasty, Rejuvenation Surgery for the Eye and Brow Area
Dr Douglas McManamny – Facelift, Neck Lift, Eyelid Lifts, Brow Lift and Eyelid Lift, Deep Skin Peels and Fat Transfer to Face
Dr Geoff Barnett – Round Block Facelift/Light Healing Facelift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift, Eyelid Lift
Dr Richard Maxwell – Facelift, Brow Lift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift (and post-weight loss body lifts such as Arm Lift and Thigh Lift)
Send a confidential enquiry form today. Or you can phone us on (03) 8849 1444.
Our Team of Surgeon’s affiliations and membership include:
Costs for Eyelid Surgery in Melbourne (Blepharoplasty Prices)
Every patient’s needs are unique so costs of eyelid surgery vary. There is no actual average price, but we are happy to give you a range – or a specific quote during a consultation with a Surgeon.
Price range by an Eyelid Surgery (Melbourne) performed by a highly experienced and technically skilled Surgeon who is respected by patients, peers and colleauges for getting a natural looking result: Ranges between $6,800 and $15,000 depending on what you’re having done (upper or lower eyelids) and what location you have your procedure in.
Don’t risk cheap options such as overseas surgery – because if you have a complication, not everything can be fixed – and revisions are costly.
Please phone us on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form to arrange a consultation with, and to get a QUOTE from, one of our top Eyelid Surgeons or Facial Surgery experts to discuss your specific procedure(s).