Abdominoplasty Procedures: Circumferential (Belt Lipectomy)
There are numerous approaches to surgically removing belly fat and redundant skin folds that people are often left with after massive weight loss. Different types of Abdominoplasty surgery include the full Tummy Tuck, Mini Tummy Tuck or Fleur De Lis Approaches and Belt Lipectomy surgery.
Our leading Plastic Surgeons for Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Plastic Surgery in Melbourne are Specialists for Abdominoplasty surgeries for women and men. When deemed appropriate by the Surgeon, the procedures may sometimes be performed drain free, or with the drains removed the following day after surgery.
Our Team’s top Surgeons for Breast & Tummy Tuck Surgery include Dr Rubinstein, Dr McManamny, Dr Barnett, Dr Wyten, Dr Maxwell and Our Specialist Team of Surgeons. Dr Burt is our eyelid rejuvenation and eyelid modification expert, and several of our team also specialise in liposuction/body contouring, facial surgery and nose reshaping. Find out which SURGEON is best for your specific surgery goals by phoning our Patient Care Coordinator team on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form today.
Types of Abdominal Surgeries for body contouring and waist reshaping include:
- Liposuction or Lipo-sculpture
- Belt Lipectomy (Circumferential Abdominoplasty)
- Mini Tummy Tuck (Mini Abdominoplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Body Lifts after weight loss (Combination surgeries) which may require a Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty approach.
The above links will lead you to our Procedure Pages, but additional information is available in our FREE monthly EVENTS – or send an Enquiry for a procedure sheet or surgery payment methods tips.
No two bellies are alike!
All ABDOMINAL areas are different – each patient is unique. That’s why surgery needs to be customised to YOUR physique and YOUR appearance goals.
Some people have more body fat in their upper and lower abdominal regions, and some carry extra skin and body fat primarily below the navel area.
Others have abdominal fat that protrudes not just in front of the tummy (or over the belt area or jeans area) but all around the middle area (front, hips and back fat). This fat can be quite resistant to shifting with good nutrition and exercise alone – and may require a Belt Lipectomy, otherwise known as a Circumferential Abdominoplasty.
The best way to know which procedure will suit your body is to visit with one of our Specialist Body Contouring Surgeons (or phone one of our Patient Care Coordinators during clinic hours on (03) 8849 1444.
Or you can click here to read more about a Belt Lipectomy (Circumferential Abdominoplasty).
Sometimes multiple procedures will be required to get your body where you want it to be (or back to how it was before significant weight changes or pregnancy and breastfeeding).
Life changes all of us, and sometimes we need surgical assistance to get our bodies into the shape we feel most comfortable – and confident – living in.
Pregnancy, menopause, andropause (male menopause) and significant weight changes – and numerous lifestyle factors – end up impacting our hormones, our weight and our BMI.
The end result is a significant SHIFTING of our BODY shape.
We may go from being lean and svelte, with smooth firm skin and a healthy BMI, to being overweight or obese.
Or we may end up with a ‘frumpy’ looking body with skin or breasts that sags or droop, and body fat distribution in places we’d prefer it wasn’t. Often, despite our best exercise efforts (one Tummy Tuck client was doing 400 sit ups a day but still couldn’t shift the excess stomach fat and redundant skin after weight loss), we may need help to get our bodies back to where we feel most comfortable.
Order of Body Lift and Tummy Tuck Procedures: What MAKEOVER surgery shall I start with?
The best order for ANY body contouring surgery is typically to start with whichever area of your body that is bothering you the most.
- Your Surgeon can also discuss sequential preferences in terms of what might make for the best outcomes
- There is a possibility that complementary surgeries, such as liposuction and tummy tuck surgery, can be combined
- The order or your surgeries should be a fully collaborative decision as well as a well-informed decision
- Having realistic expectations about potential surgery outcomes, and surgical risks, is a must.
If you’re not sure which of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons to select, a Patient Care Coordinator can help answer your questions and help you decide which particular Plastic Surgeon will best suit your personality, your physique concerns, your preferred procedures and overall appearance goals.
In addition to our Melbourne specialists, we have elite Plastic Surgeons available in Sydney. You can read about our Sydney surgeons on the Sydney Plastic Surgery pages.
NEXT STEPS on your Surgical Journey
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at our photo galleries and patient reviews.
How to Book your Initial Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $200 booking fee.
What to Bring to your Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice EVENTS and hear from our of Plastic Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Send a Confidential Enquiry form today. Or phone us during business hours on (03) 8849 1444 and ask for one of our Patient Care Coordinators (Michelle or Donna).
Our Surgeons’ affiliations include:
Payment methods and Costs for Tummy Tuck
Visit our payment and payment methods pages to learn more about your Surgery Payment Methods. Download a PAYMENT METHODS sheet by clicking here.