Double eyelid surgery or Asian Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift or reduction surgery) can give you a more uniform appearance to your upper eyelids. It is used to create a single crease to reduce above-eye skin-folds or heavy-looking upper eyelids. The Asian double-eyelid reduction technique can provide a ‘refreshed’ look and rejuvenated appearance to the overall eye area, but is popular with Asians of many ages. Expert Blepharoplasty Surgeon, Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO/FACS, is one of Melbourne’s most experienced eyelid surgery experts, and performs double-eyelid surgery techniques and Asian Eyelid Surgery at accredited hospitals in Australia.
Double Eyelid Surgery – Asian Blepharoplasty
Dr Benjamin Burt is based in Melbourne. He has over 15 years of expertise in attaining natural-looking results from advanced techniques for upper eyelid and lower eyelid surgery and has performed thousands of eyelid procedures; having worked with some of the world’s best eyelid surgeons across the globe. Eyelid Surgeon Dr Benjamin Burt has made it his focus to perform only surgery of the eye and brow area, primarily Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty procedures, Asian Eyelid Surgery or Double-Eyelid Blepharoplasty procedures, Canthoplasty Surgery and reduction of eye bags or sagging skin above or under the eyes. He also regularly volunteers his eye surgery expertise for the Fred Hollows foundation.
What techniques are used for double eyelid surgery for Asian eyelids?
- The double eyelid operation typically involves the creation of a supratarsal crease (supra-tarsal).
- Surgery should be done carefully in order to keep function of the eyelid intact.
- A natural-looking result is possible with the right Surgeon.
Double Eyelid Lift Surgery | Melbourne | Australia
Dr Burt is the go to Surgeon for eyelid surgery in Melbourne. So if you want an enhanced eye appearance that still looks natural and balanced with your other facial features, rather than unnatural, be sure you call us on (03) 8849 1444 to visit with our leading eyelid expert.
Our team of Surgeons also performs Rhinoplasty, Facelift surgery, Brow Lift procedures and breast and body surgery including transaxillary breast implants (armpit breast implant insertion techniques) and fat grafting to breasts, helping you to enhance or reshape your eye area, body, face and breasts.
Double Eyelid Surgery – Get the Blepharoplasty Guide (Asian Techniques)
More information on general eyelid surgery and Asian Eyelid Surgery (Double-Eyelid Reduction surgery or Asian Blepharoplasty) can be found on our Blepharoplasty Surgery page.
Eyelid Rejuvenation for Face, Above and Under Eyes, Breast and Body
- Sometimes eyelid surgery is purely cosmetic.
- Other times it aims to improve vision that has become limited due to sagging eyelids or eyelids which cover the iris.
- We can help reduce heavy looking lids above the eye or bags under the eyes.
Trust your Eyelid Reshaping or Eye Lid Reduction Surgery to the Hands of an Expert Australian Surgeon (Melbourne)
Photos of Double Eyelid Surgery
- Visit our Eye Lid Before & After Page to view some photos
- OR contact a Patient Care Coordinator to arrange to see more before and after Asian Eyelid Surgery images available in our Clinic
Double Eyelid Surgery – Asian Blepharoplasty | Melbourne – expert Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO/FACS
Our team’s top Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr Benjamin Burt, FRANZCO FACS, is highly skilled in getting natural looking results.
Unsure about which Eyelid procedure is best for you? Schedule a Consultation.
- Our Specialist Plastic Surgeons located in Melbourne will be able to assess your desired goals and suggest the best options for your Eye Lid surgery.
- Please contact a Patient Care Team member to book your consultation (reserve your place with a $200 booking fee)
- Surgery schedules may require advanced notice and prior preparation for best results, so contact us for details.
Want more information before scheduling a consultation with Dr Burt?
* DOWNLOAD A GUIDE about the procedure or contact us
* Book a 15 MIN CHAT with the Patient Care Team
* Attend a FREE MONTHLY INFORMATION EVENING and hear from our Team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons and past patients.
Please Contact Us using the form below to arrange a consultation with one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444
Scientific Articles on Asian Blepharoplasty and Oriental Facial Surgery
How common is Asian eyelid surgery?
- It is the most common cosmetic procedure requested in Asia.
- Asian Blepharoplasty is also the third most common cosmetic surgery procedure requested by Asians living in Australia and/or the USA (source listed below).
Semin Plast Surg. 2009 Aug; 23(3): 185–197.
(Category: Cosmetic Surgery in the Ethnic Population: Special Considerations and Procedures)
Subcategory: Aesthetic Surgery in Asians
Guest Editors Yu-Ray Chen M.D. Léonard Bergeron M.D., C.M., M.Sc., F.R.C.S.(C)
Larry H. Hollier, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S., Editor-in-Chief1,2