About us – Australia’s leading Surgeons Group (Melbourne)
Choosing to have a Cosmetic Plastic Surgery operation is a major decision. You may have thought about having cosmetic surgery such as Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction or a Tummy Tuck, for years before proceeding. There’s also a lot to consider before consenting to having a cosmetic operation by a Plastic Surgeon or other physician.
- It’s important to understand that all invasive surgery involves:
- risks or potential complications
- scars that tend to mature over 12 months or longer before fully settling
- healing times (recovery downtime including time off work, heavy lifting or exercising).
- There are also several ways to cover cosmetic plastic surgery costs:
- saving up in advance
- paying off your mortgage early then withdrawing the surgery amount (saves on interest while you’re saving)
- using a divorce settlement or bereavement settlement
- early withdrawal of your Super Fund for compassionate medical reasons (body contouring after weight loss, breast reduction)
- other financial resources
Perhaps, however, the most important consideration for your plastic surgery operation is WHO you will choose to TRUST to perform the procedure.
- That’s where highly experienced talented Melbourne VIC Australia – FRACS (Plast) Specialist Plastic Surgeons are worth exploring.
- At our Plastic Surgery group in Melbourne, Australia, we have over 5 FRACS (Plas) Specialists to choose from for breast surgery or body contouring procedures; plus several peer-respected Plastic Surgeons and Eyelid experts for Face Surgery (e.g., Facelift, Rhinoplasty or Eyelid surgery).
- There are a variety of different Surgeons and different types of cosmetic operations available in accredited Melbourne Hospitals and Berwick hospitals and hospital(s) in Sydney for Dr Sackelariou.
- These hospitals are listed further below.
Why choose us? About Our Surgeons Group in Melbourne VIC (Australia).
- You want to feel completely comfortable with your choice of Surgeon.
- Remember that results vary from patient to patient, but recognise that your life and surgery results are in their hands of your surgeon.
- It’s highly questionable to trust a junior surgeon or a GP with non-specialist qualifications to perform complex cosmetic procedures that involve high risks to patient health, patient outcomes and aesthetically pleasing surgery results – instead, choose a highly experienced expert from our team.
Choosing a Cosmetic, Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery expert FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon who has a trusted reputation, a local long-standing clinic and positive online reviews is also important for modern patients to assess a Surgeon’s trust, capacity and skills. But don’t be lured by ads and television appearances – check the Surgeon’s actual standing with AHPRA (are they really a Surgeon or just
Our Surgeons are talented, conservative and peer-respected experts who can:
- help you understand the process of successful surgery choices – (good decisions)
- inform you of how to make recovery from cosmetic surgery a smoother, safer process by following instructions and best-practice post-operative patient care protocols (including adequate rest, good nutrition, never smoking and proper wound care to help prevent infections)
Best of all, our Surgeons are caring, empathetic and highly skilled. They LISTEN to what you have to say and what you want and they help you understand the way forward to attaining surgery goals given what you’re starting with.
- It’s helpful when a Surgeon helps you understand how what you’re starting with (skin, shape, proportions, features and health) impacts your potential surgery results
- Knowing WHAT CAN (and CANNOT) be accomplished with plastic surgery is also helpful to patient satisfaction
- Natural-looking results are a priority (never over-done, pulled or grotesquely over-operated)
- Keeping patients as safe as possible while under general anesthesia during the operation are their primary goals.
It’s important to understand the surgery process itself, as well as potential recovery time variances and how YOUR surgery results could impact your lifestyle – having a good Surgeon will go a long way to help your understandings.
- Surgery has both an immediate impact (as you’re recovering) and a longer-term impact (a changed shape or appearance to your face, nose, body or eyelids).
- The experience can be very emotional at times, but it helps to be sure you’ve chosen the right doctor (Specialist Plastic Surgeon) for your procedure.
- The right time in your life to have surgery is also an important consideration.
- Some periods of life and different times of year may be less stressful for having an operation – but this can vary.
- Knowing you have chosen a talented, skilled and experienced Surgeon to lead the way, can help you relax about your choice of Surgeon.
For a positive experience through any cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure, your CHOICE of SURGEON is crucial to your overall experience – including comfort during recovery and after-surgery care.
Which of our Team’s recommended Plastic Surgeons should you choose?
We have some of Australia’s most experienced Plastic Surgeons to choose from, along with eyelid surgery expert Dr Benjamin Burt (second from right).
Australia’s expert Surgeons for Breast, Body, Face, Nose, Eyelids and Skin Procedures – based in Melbourne VIC
- They key to choosing between a recommended Surgeon is to DO adequate homework and research.
- Look at BEFORE and AFTER cosmetic surgery photos, read the blogs and articles, and watch Plastic Surgery videos.
- Don’t just rely on online reviews or health information online or on television – know the difference between a GP or skin doctor and a genuine FRACS qualified Plastic Surgeon (Specialist) so that you can have trust in your choice of Surgeon.
Why? Because not all Surgeons train alike.
- Some have less than a year of additional training in cosmetic surgery, versus over 12 years of additional training in Cosmetic, Plastic or Reconstructive Surgery (such as a FRACS Plastic Surgeon will have).
- Some can ONLY operate in a back-room but do NOT have privileges in genuine hospitals.
- The best way to check is to ask AND verify with AHPRA and other medical boards IF your Surgeon is actually the Specialist Plastic Surgeon they claim to be, before you commit to a surgery date.
- No junior surgeons is also an important feature of a reputable clinic – as seen in the FOUR CORNERS expose, many breast surgery patients in Sydney experienced something far removed from typical experiences of having surgery with a bonafide Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Is your Surgeon really a Specialist? Can they operate in a real hospital? How to check – and remember to check their online reviews.
- Do research to find out if your doctor REALLY IS a Plastic Surgeon (or something different like your average GP or skin cancer doctor).
- Don’t fall for the story of “back room is better” – what if something goes wrong?
- Plus, do you really want to try ‘being awake during surgery procedures’ with twilight anaesthesia rather than hospital-grade general anaesthesia?
Find out what your Surgeon’s actually a Specialist in (or if they are NOT actually a specialist at all but rather a GP or dentist).
- If they DON’T have hospital operating rights (or give you a choice of where to operate other than their clinic rooms) they are NOT likely to be a Specialist Plastic Surgeon NOR to have operating privileges in Australian hospitals.
- Read handy downloadable ebooks and GUIDES before proceeding to a consultation.
Phone us to REGISTER to attend a Melbourne event (held monthly) – get to know our Surgeons and their team.
If you’re looking for a genuine Plastic Surgeon, with top skills and a caring manner, you’ve found one of Melbourne’s largest groups of highly-respected Specialist Plastic Surgeons – who change lives!
Read our top 10 best Plastic Surgery blogs and Surgeon articles for more information about healing, planning, recovery, risks, costs, and how to minimise your scars.
Why do people want Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery?
- Because how we look – and how we feel about our physical appearance – matters to most of us.
- Whether or not we WISH it were different, our self assessments – and our confidence – is impacted by how comfortable we feel NOW – in our own skin or body – it can even impact on our confidence in a social situation, dating site profile or job interview.
There’s no question that feeling we LOOK our best can help us to feel better – and improve our overall confidence levels – but surgery is NOT a first step nor a go-to solution.
Our Surgeons are honest about what can and cannot be attained through surgery.
- They can also help you understand other options you might want to explore.
- But if you have a condition where surgery is definitely your best solution, or your only long-term solution – such as removing skin folds after pregnancy or lifting your breasts and NAC above your inframammary fold/breast crease – then be sure you see an EXPERT with FRACS, ISAPS, ASPS/ASAPS or other qualifications that indicate they have had the adequate training and skills to serve your surgery needs while prioritising your safety.
Every patient is different. Surgery results can vary.
- And all invasive surgery has risks.
Best candidates for cosmetic plastic surgery to help minimise risks:
- be sure you’re emotionally healthy as well as physically healthy
- eat right and rest well before and after your procedure
- follow your Surgeons pre-surgery preparation instructions and your post-operation recommendations
- avoid unnecessary substance use
- definitely do not smoke
- be at a stable weight and healthy BMI
- don’t do too much too soon – get clearance before exercising or heavy lifting
Realistic expectations about what cosmetic plastic surgery can – and cannot – accomplish in your life – will go a long way towards patient satisfaction after having a cosmetic procedure (the “worth it” ratings you will give to the experience, surgery result and Surgeon).
Examples of how Plastic Surgery has helped individuals include:
- Providing freedom from the burdens, pains or social challenges of imbalanced features or body parts
- Example: extremely heavy breasts can be surgically reduced in weight and size
- this may help reduce shoulder/neck or back pain for patients who’s breast volume and breast weight impacted their posture, straining their necks, backs or shoulders
- Males who have Gynaecomastia and want male breast reduction to reduce ‘man boobs’ or ‘moobs’ may also benefit from Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Freedom from skin irritations or concerns about excess tummy skin folds (redundant skin) after pregnancy or after significant weight loss by performing a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction (which may also help improve incontinence and reduce back pain).
- Freedom from unwanted attention focused on a disproportionate, very bumpy, injured crooked nose, a severely recessed chin or a droopy eyelid.
Plastic Surgeons help change lives.
- Surgery has limitations, however, based on what you’re starting with.
- We give you expert opinions on HOW your PRE-existing conditions will impact your surgery choices and results.
- Do, however, understand the risks and costs of surgery before you proceed, and understand there WILL be downtime (recovery time).
- Read our top-rated blogs on cosmetic and plastic surgery for tips about surgery procedures and recovery.
It’s important to recognise that results can vary from person to person and that surgery is not always the only solution. That noted, some procedures can go a long way in restoring balance and body confidence, as well as to minimise scars or correct facial deformities or severe asymmetry.
Our Team of Surgeons include:
Dr Craig Rubinstein – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Douglas McManamny – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Rebecca Wyten – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn & Berwick)
Dr Richard Sackelariou – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Hawthorn & Double Bay/Sydney)
Dr Geoff Barnett – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (Hawthorn)
Dr Richard Maxwell – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon (Hawthorn & Williamstown)
Oculoplastic Surgeon for eyelid rejuvenation
Dr Benjamin Burt – Oculoplastic Surgeon (Hawthorn)
20 Points of Difference – Our UNIQUE clinic is one of the most popular places to visit for surgery in Melbourne VIC Australia.
20 Points that make our team unique in terms of which Surgeon to choose for Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery (Breast Surgery, Liposuction, Body Contouring/Abdominoplasty, Arm Reduction, Nose Surgery/Rhinoplasty, Eyelid Surgery, Facelift, Neck Lift and more).
- High quality, holistic care environment
- Patient-safety protocols and staying informed of new advances in Plastic Surgery
- Unique Patient Education materials including VIDEOS and GUIDEBOOKS
- Many Specialist Plastic Surgeons you can choose from – an option to best suit your particular procedure, personality or communication style and chosen surgery date
- Compliant with best-practice methods to manage risks; genuine Australian hospital operating environments
- Being ethical, honest and trustworthy; Mutual respect and loyalty
- Showing compassion and empathy during consultations and at every stage of your surgery process
- Delivering an outstanding patient experience at every point of contact
- Operating in genuine Hospitals
- Using seasoned Anaesthetists
- Building and maintaining premier facilities and technologies
- Offering patients high-tech planning aids and guides
- Offering 3D imaging (Crisolix and Vectra), high tech BMI scales, the latest in scar management and more
- Managing our brand and reputation – online and in our community
- Our commitment to continuous education, continuous service improvement and growth
- A focus on learning and professional development including attending advanced educational conferences in Plastic Surgery and contributing to cosmetic and plastic surgery industry conferences
- Best practice patient education, marketing and promotional activities
- Creating systems and following processes with attention to detail
- Helping you during your post-op recovery
- Excellent post-operation follow up care, Rapid Recovery aids and best-practice care Guidelines and Protocols
Want more information before scheduling your Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Coordinator (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice Events and hear from our Surgeons and their top support team (FREE)
- Ask about the potential for a Skype call consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (if you are living remotely from Melbourne or Sydney)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – call or contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Plastic Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with one of our expert Specialist Plastic Surgeons or to speak with our Patient Care Coordinator.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1444 and ask for a Patient Care Coordinator.
Our team of Specialist Plastic Surgeons’ affiliations include:
Chances are, you’ve also seen us at Vogue events, in Vogue magazine editorials or industry sponsored page content.